Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3401 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
8. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 10:24 NKD

Game is a fucking mess, and I suspect most of those 2 million registered accounts are not actually playing anymore.

The game places a huge amount of trust in the client application which allows for some pretty ridiculous cheating that goes way beyond just your typical teleport hack.

The game is almost like a comical parody of what a sandbox game could or should be. The one guy I know still playing is only playing because he gets a good laugh out of seeing the ridiculous bugs, exploits and outright cheating and how liberally they are utilized in PvP.

Here's a screenshot of a bunch of Korean-named mobs killing people. Why is that unusual you ask? Because those aren't supposed to be there. Someone summoned them in using packet spoofing. From a code standpoint, there's zero excuse for why that should be possible.

And this shit runs rampant. You can give yourself buffs, remove debuffs, etc. And supposedly Trion cannot fix it. They are reliant on code drops from the mothership in Korea for this stuff, and they are on a significantly older patch of the game than Korea.

It's an unmitigated disaster.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2014, 10:30.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 14:58 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 14:24:
Windows 10 start menu looks horrible compared to windows 7, even without the "metro" tiles it looks like someone's first day on the job attempt at making a start menu.

Start menu is for grandmas and morons anyway. WinKey + Type a few chars to get at less used stuff combined with most used stuff stickied to your taskbar eliminates any need for it. The good part of this is that in Win 8.1 by default that WinKey screen is full screen, in Windows 10, it won't be.

The Start menu is nothing anyone on this site should be concerned about. It's basically the training wheels for navigating Windows. It's slow and inefficient, but it's intuitive in a kind of old-fashioned way that appeals to people used to filing cabinets.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 13:16 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 13:05:
Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:36:
This just sounds so... I want to say unfair. Once you actually read user reviews and they all or most of them praise the game; you watch user gameplay videos and they look really good to you, you're basically saying you'd still wait for this massive discount. Wtf. :\
Unfair is what DA2 did to everyone, my fairness extends to offering them *some* money in return.

What was unfair about DA2? Did you not have the exact. same. option. for DA2? I.e. wait for reviews and then wait for price to hit something you felt was good value?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 10:07 NKD

One of the most disgusting hate-filled Twitter feeds I've ever seen outside of intentional troll accounts and Westboro Baptist Church.  

18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 09:57 NKD

Task wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:42:
I Have DA2... and its UI is heavily inspired by the console version. It's DA1 that has the heavy mouse/keyboard UI. Facts and knowledge right back at you. DA2's interface was boring and streamlined, DA3 looks like boring/streamlined/smartphone Version 2.0.

The endless obsession in this age with minimalist UI is upon us, in the age of Apple, smartphones, and ... stuff.

Boring? Streamlined? Would you rather it were "exciting" and "unintuitive"? It sounds to me like you actually WANT a shitty, inefficient UI. The UI is there to allow you to play the game, nothing more, nothing less. I don't want my screen covered in UI elements when I'm trying to experience a world.

If the UI is functional and fast and has been modified to respond appropriate to mouse interaction, it's good.

Every time I see you bitch about UIs I get the impression that you want your screen looking like this

16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 09:40 NKD

Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 06:39:
Julio wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 06:28:
Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 05:53:
I still love the way they make their role-playing games such an immersive, cinematic, story-heavy experience. It's the thing I desperately miss in every kickstarter release out there.

I'm finding Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin to be immersive and have enough story for me. As far as cinematics, I'm fine with dropping those to have more gameplay.

I like those games too, but I don't find them immersive nor their story engaging enough to return to the game. For me, those games are basically just gameplay. They are good for variety but I'd probably stop gaming if games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age or The Witcher (I know, not Bioware but same idea) would die out and we're left with games like Wasteland 2 and DOS.

I have to agree with you on this. Games like that just aren't the same. In those types of games I don't have characters I love or hate, and there's so little effort at world building that it takes me forever to actually get pulled in to a playthrough. I'll usually have 2 or 3 false starts because for me, the story and lore set the hook in an RPG.

For me, things like DOS and Wasteland 2 are RPGs for min-maxing character sheet obsessives. They are 100% about mastering the numbers. Not everyone has always played RPGs that way. I do it, sometimes, but a lot of times I'm far more interested in a compelling setting and characters to love or hate.

Not every game has to be a playable movie, but like you I'd be extremely saddened if we saw an end of things like ME, DA, and Witcher.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
78. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 03:07 NKD

Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 02:25:
Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 10:40:
A tip for new-comers:

Exactly like the Arkham games, it's best NOT to roam from the start but at least do the first 5 or 6 main missions before you start acting like the completionist that you are. Those first main missions unlock skills and game features that add layers this game really needs.

Ok I'm gonna reply/add to my own comment here, because when the shitty fudge do we actually get the skills that are advertized in every single PR video of this game? I mean the option to let an Uruk SPY ON, ASSASSINATE or THREAT other Uruks? I'm already at 10/20 Main Missions looking at my progress bar and so far all I've been able to do is gain INTELL and KILL and do powerstruggle quests that are a big questionmark to me. Why should I care if a lower Uruk rises in power or not if I can't convert the fucker

You unlock Brand at the beginning of the second map. Death Threat is an ability you have to buy in the skill tree.

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 02:25 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 01:14:

You do realize that the previous two Dragon Age games had their own unique UI for PC, right? And that this one will be no different?

Get out of here with your facts and knowledge and shit. You're interrupting the circlejerk.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Content Update Adds Ghosts; Pools Coming
4. Re: The Sims 4 Content Update Adds Ghosts; Pools Coming Oct 1, 2014, 23:15 NKD

Now taking bets on when we see Reagle on the news committing some kind of terrible crime.  

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 19:19 NKD

harlock wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 19:16:
one retarded polygon article deserves another:

Kissing vs. killing: How Shadow of Mordor fails at explaining the difference

just.. mind.. numbingly.. fucking ... ree ree

Holy shit. That article is a crime against humanity. What the fuck...

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 19:13 NKD

It's good that we can just wait and see what happens and don't have to listen to wannabe prophets.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
17. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 12:38 NKD

Flatline wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:12:
Julio wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 11:59:
I'm curious to see where this one finishes at before the final (well as final as this game will be) game comes out. Wonder how well it will trend on microtransactions post release too.

If they want to profit they'll probably have to have microtransactions out the ass, seeing as everyone who wants a copy will have a copy before it launches.

Also, wouldn't the 11 billion alphas and betas of Minecraft qualify as crowdfunding? That was a totally indie effort and made like 250 million in 2012 alone.

Eh I don't really think that's crowdfunding. The product was being made regardless of how much money it was making. It was simply available for purchase.

There was no organized effort to say "Hey, we have a goal, but we need your financial help to reach it!"

74. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 09:47 NKD

PHJF wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 08:54:
I've noticed that after killing SOME captains, instead of seeing their heads on pikes at the Sauron's Army screen, it shows them simply lying on the ground.

I think the ones who show up on spikes are dead-dead, but the others can come back to haunt you? Not sure.

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
9. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Oct 1, 2014, 07:59 NKD

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 06:51:
Rift or Archeage? Hmmm

Let me make your choice easy for you.

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
7. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Oct 1, 2014, 01:01 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 22:17:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:30:
1. This is the wrong video
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.
3. Is Rift still doing well? I thought that since the MMOs that came after didn't really do that well, maybe Rift would've folded by now? Good for them if they are still doing well.

Contact nin on Steam. Tell nin what happened. nin leaves his van and walks across the street to inform Blue.

TADA!

I thought nin parked his van behind Rockstar HQ for optimal distance to give back alley tuggies?

59. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 01:00 NKD

Been playing this all day. Tons of fun.

The one thing I'd recommend to people is not to just cut down all the Captains while they are level 3 noobs. The game is too easy that way and you don't get any good runes for your weapons. Don't be afraid to advance time and let some of the power struggles play out to groom some badass captains for you to kill.

Those level 3 and 4 guys are jokes because they are almost always vulnerable to 2 or more types of instakills.

Some of the tougher guys I've fought took me a good 10-15 minutes of running around trying to find any opportunity to get past their stupidly overpowered shield and ability to just throw me down when I try to leap over them to get behind.

But yeah, it's an incredibly fun game and you can make it as easy or as hard as you want on yourself.

27. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:27 NKD

PHJF wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:21:
Player starts out as a god, and only get stronger from there.

Tell that to some of these fucking orc captains who I've let get too big for the britches. They have like zero weaknesses left aside from like nuclear ordnance which doesn't exist in Middle Earth. Gotta work on getting some more creative solutions. Maybe go for unlocking that skill that lets me turn orcs to my side and use them as fodder.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 05:40 NKD

Performance seems really good. Note that if you use SLI, Nvidia somehow failed to get an SLI profile ready for this ahead of time. I forced AFR2 in the control panel and that got SLI going. It seems to scale really well with SLI too.

2560x1440, Ultra, everything maxed out etc, solid 60fps. My system is pretty beefy but I've had no stutters or other weird issues like I've had with some other PC ports recently.

EDIT: Holy fuck this game is fun. Wouldn't go so far as to recommend the game yet, haven't seen enough to judge, but first impression is that they need to just stop making those fucking no-kill pussy Batman games and make more of this. The things I'm doing to these orcs just ain't right man.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2014, 06:18.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
8. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 30, 2014, 00:13 NKD

Not sure why they licensed FEAR to these idiots. Make a few bucks I guess, but still.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Hint
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Hint Sep 29, 2014, 10:43 NKD

Ubisoft is pretty good about putting nearly everything on PC so I imagine it will come eventually. But I doubt it will come out at the same time as the console versions, seeing as how Unity and Rogue came out on the same day, I doubt they'd release two PC Assassins Creed games on the same day.  

3401 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo