Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3472 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 10:50 NKD

Don't really know how they'll do Civil War in MCU. Stark's MCU persona isn't really one to play ball with the government.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 14, 2014, 09:57 NKD

Based on the update, looks like Dropbox wasn't hacked, but rather it's one of those big lists of usernames and passwords lifted from other sources that you can use to get into other services like Dropbox because of people using the same password all over the place and/or not using two-factor because they think it's 1983 and passwords still protect you.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles
3. Re: GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles Oct 14, 2014, 09:36 NKD

wtf_man wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 09:31:
Are these native ports? OR just preconfigured Dosbox / Wine emulated?

Not sure, but if I had to guess I'd say that native ports are unlikely. Native ports of such old titles would require a fair bit of work to get them up to snuff on running on new machines, and since you obviously don't need the speed advantage of native code for these titles, it would be kind of a waste of time and resources to port them.

Probably a DOSBox or Wine type thing as you said.

EDIT: Baldur's Gate requirements say it's a Wine game.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
7. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 04:37 NKD

Quinn wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 03:58:
This cow's been milked so much, the udders are destroyed and the milk it now preduces is mixed with blood and agony. Somehow there still are PC gamers who send it down their throats in gulps, basking in its flavour. Unbelievable.

Did you really just post this? This is like cringe-worthy levels of pretentious douchebaggery. You might as well have just called it shallow and pedantic while tipping your fucking fedora.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 21:30 NKD

Borderlands is a pretty safe preorder, at least you know what you're getting.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2014, 15:09 NKD

One day companies will learn that embracing fan projects, not threatening to sue them, is the way to go. Especially for IPs that you've let sit idle.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2014, 15:05 NKD

I prefer to celebrate Cumulonimbus Day.  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 21:26 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:04:

Your house sounds a bit unusual.

It's possible the dude lives in a rough neighborhood. In real bad spots it not unusual to have bars on your windows, reinforced door etc. Of course if you live in a regular neighborhood it'll just make your house look like a complete fucking psychopath lives there.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 20:38 NKD

Squirmer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 20:30:
NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 19:34:
There is literally no good that can come from broadcasting this shit over the Internet.
You mean no good can come to the gamergate cause by broadcasting it. All the more reason to broadcast it.

Yeah, because we want to escalate the situation, encourage more death threats and women fleeing their homes just to make GamerGate look bad. You're a fucking genius.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 19:34 NKD

ChaosEngine wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:23:

Pretty easy to act the internet tough guy when it's not you that's being threatened.

I've been doxxed and threatened before. Didn't bother me none. Nobody gives enough of a fuck about me to risk their freedom or their life trying to fuck with me.

Here's the thing, there's literally zero difference between me calling you names and me sending you death threats. It's just a difference sequence of keys on the keyboard. Both are utterly meaningless. Anonymous trolls like to crank everything up to 11. There hasn't been a single report of anyone actually showing up to these peoples homes to do anything, nor a single report of the authorities busting anyone.

Any remotely public figure who says anything remotely controversial gets death threats. That's just how it is. Some people are assholes and say asshole things.Call me when someone actually gets arrested for creeping outside one of these peoples homes. Until then, it's just more disgusting troll filth, no different from any other.

They are enabling these morons by giving them attention and running from home. They never get caught. It's very easy to say some shit on the Internet in a way that you are effectively impossible to find. They get to giggle with sick joy at all the attention they are receiving, and it encourages copycats.

There is literally no good that can come from broadcasting this shit over the Internet.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 12, 2014, 18:39 NKD

Why the fuck do the flight attendants care?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
8. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 15:00 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 14:29:

Question for Bluesers: when was the last time you spent money on this project? I'm just wondering who is driving this and why.

I bought in for like 50 or 60 bucks or something pretty early on, haven't purchased anything additional since. I cannot fathom why people would want anything more than just a decent starter ship, seeing as how you'll be able to get it all in-game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
1. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 13:59 NKD

Star Citizen thread time again. Get out the Space Popcorn boys.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 23:07 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:52:
NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 16:16:
What users want to change about windows 10 TP.

I'd hope the first thing is the keylogger... Sadly it isn't.

They are probably looking for feedback on what they are actually going to release, not feedback on their tech preview metrics. Your inference that somehow Windows 10 release version is going to be keylogging everyone is really dishonest.

That's not what I was inferring. I said "I hope the first thing is the keylogger" (that they want changed), then I read the article, and no, the keylogger isn't the thing that people are wanting changed, so I said "Sadly it isn't."

Never did I mention the word "release version" anywhere, you just inferred that yourself.

Why would you be disappointed? Why would that be the first thing people complain about? People opting in to the tech preview should already be aware that there is extensive data collection that goes on that isn't representative of the final product. Not only because that's how it's been before, but because Microsoft discloses this on their site. They have no reason to complain about something that won't be in the final version. The whole reason they are using the tech preview is to give useful feedback on stuff that may not change unless they bring it up.

The only reason I can think of for you to be bothered by this is if you somehow believe that the keylogging and other things will remain in for release.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 11, 2014, 21:36 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 13:43:
How many times a day does the average person check their phone? 221, apparently.

Really? REALLY? People, please, get a life.

A lot of people who use their phone excessively have very active social lives, seeing as how phones are an ever larger part of coordinating and enabling peoples social interaction.

I'd be more worried about someones life who didn't even own a cell phone. They probably don't leave home much.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
24. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 11, 2014, 21:14 NKD

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 21:09:
By the way, today we have author John Scalzi writing the following tweets:

Haha. In other words, we can never ever have a debate about anything. There's always some asshole element to any decent sized movement. If the presence of that element invalidates the whole thing, then people might as well never say anything about anything.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 20:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 16:16:
What users want to change about windows 10 TP.

I'd hope the first thing is the keylogger... Sadly it isn't.

They are probably looking for feedback on what they are actually going to release, not feedback on their tech preview metrics. Your inference that somehow Windows 10 release version is going to be keylogging everyone is really dishonest.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
18. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 11, 2014, 20:12 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 19:21:
ything is to be "collectively ignored?"

What I have repeatedly said is that there's no way #GG is about "ethics."

Because you and your kind wont let it be about ethics. Its YOU that keeps trying to make it be about something else and then everyone is forced to refute your stupidity, and the conversation is derailed. Which is exactly what you want. You don't want to have a conversation about journalistic ethics in gaming. That conversation isn't something you care about, as you've proven time and time again. So you'll just throw shit at the wall in every thread just to see what sticks so that you can harp on your pet topic again, and again, and again. And game journalism sites enable you in this endeavor because it's in their best interest to misdirect the conversation as well.

Here, let me give you the simplest possible breakdown of whats going on.

Gamers: Hey, journalists, I'm worried about this secret insider mailing list crap, and cruising dangerously close to sex-for-coverage stuff. Don't you think it's affecting your integrity? Isn't this kind of stuff an abuse of the power you have to make or break indie developers?

Journalists: Uhhh... well... you see....

Some Random Troll: Hurr women suck stupid sluts! *doxxes some random female game developer/journalist*

Journalists: HEY LOOK OVER THERE ITS A MISOGYNIST!!!!!! *points to Gamers and then runs to hide behind a box*

Gamers: Wait that wasn't us, that was th....

SJWs: GET EM!!!! *pitchforks*

Gamers: Fucking god dammit.

Perhaps this will help you understand why people are so pissed that they are COMPLETELY UNABLE to even have a conversation on the topic they want. You just won't let it go. Every time some asshole on the Internet does something, you hold them up as the official representative of everyone who has concerns about games journalism. You're being used to further a smokescreen, and you don't even care because it gives you an opportunity to rant on one of your favorite topics.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 11, 2014, 13:37 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 13:28:
Millions of dollars more spent on investigating and 'probing' 38 studios, and nobody spends a single minute investigating the politician cockhampers who approved the deal.

So the lesson, as always in US politics, is that the government will always find some way to blame YOU for their own shit.

They'll lose more money investigating this shit than they lost in the initial investment. It's absolutely nuts, especially when what happened is obvious: They gambled on a new project, they lost.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
40. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 11, 2014, 12:16 NKD

Debating which Final Fantasy has the best story is like debating which cancer is the most fun to have. Seriously not a high point of the series. Never strays from the JRPG/anime stupidity tropes.  

3472 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo