Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3570 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
20. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 01:38 NKD

Will you people stop responding to that worm? Pretty please? Has he ever done anything except be an enormous douchebag and asshole who seemingly crawled out of the ground just for Gamergate? No. So why dignify anything he says with a response? Let's get back on topic.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomaly Revealed
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomaly Revealed Oct 30, 2014, 21:07 NKD

I don't have the links handy but apparently there are some leaked screenshots showing some other Paris time periods. So I think this WW2 thing is just a taste and that there will be other "time anomaly" segments.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomaly Revealed Oct 30, 2014, 20:37 NKD

harlock wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:19:
NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:16:
Interesting stuff. I guess the Animus is fucking up and memories from different ancestors are blending together? Is it just an Animus bug or is there a Piece of Eden involved or something?

guaranteed it has something to do with the title "unity"

Good call, I hadn't thought about that...

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 20:25 NKD

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:18:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:41:
It's hard to fault her on blaming the Seattle shooting on misogyny. Early reports, and the twitter feeds of those involved, make it look like he killed a girl because she wouldn't be with him.

Yep, misogyny. Not untreated mental illness, not a product of a degenerate culture that glorifies violence and hyper-individuality. It's definitely misogyny. Rolleyes

Not misogyny anyway. Being angry at or hating one particular woman is different from the systematic hatred of women in general. Plus the guy shot friends and family, male and female. It's safe to say it was unhinged, and not looking to KILL ALL WOMENZ or some shit. If a lesbian kills a woman she likes because she doesn't like her back, is she a misogynist? If a gay man kills a guy for the same reason, is he a misandrist?

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
6. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 30, 2014, 19:07 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:47:
It was a moral choice if you wanted to steal from people who really needed the money or not. Only difference was that there isn't a blue/red choice associated with it like Mass Effect/Infamous.

Well the problem is that these random civilians are just that. It's a moral choice, but it is not an impactful choice. You can rob half the city for hundreds of thousands of dollars and there's no acknowledgement of that. It's hard to feel bad about your actions when they have no consequences. That "cancer patient" you stole from isn't going to die. They cease to exist once you leave the area regardless of whether you steal from them. It's true that you can have morality without a Blue good guy button and a Red bad guy button, but you still need consequence and acknowledgement.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
3. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 30, 2014, 18:44 NKD

Task wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:38:
If they make a second one, they really need to improve on some core aspects of that game, namely that ridiculous main character and the 0 consequences for hacking some joe random that needed the money for surgery.

I felt like the whole robbing the innocent blind thing was a bad fit. It didn't really make sense for the guy to be doing it. I'm not sure what consequences would fit though either. Wouldn't make much sense for the cops to come after you, or for you to get caught in the first place, given your skills and the tools at your disposal.

Plus you're already guilty of terrorism and all kinds of other crimes. Pilfering peoples checking accounts is not really high on your list of sins. But it doesn't make sense in the context of the character.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
4. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 18:33 NKD

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:16:
Ubi is either very bold and confident or just plain stupid to release this game on the same day as Inquisition.

I just don't understand this attitude by publishers to try and compete with each others releases when both can share the profits by staggering their releases. Very puzzling!

It's the holiday season rush. Staggering releases is less important than getting everything out there on the shelves before the end of November when everyone's holiday funds will be depleted.

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomaly Revealed Oct 30, 2014, 18:16 NKD

Interesting stuff. I guess the Animus is fucking up and memories from different ancestors are blending together? Is it just an Animus bug or is there a Piece of Eden involved or something?

I also noticed the voiceover chick called the person in the Animus "Assassin" so I guess we're getting a new character for the modern setting who is an Assassin?

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced Oct 30, 2014, 17:43 NKD

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 16:42:

Yeah, that was really bizarre. I would expect that kind of thing if they knew the game was going to tank. But it didn't. Someone in marketing needs to be slapped around a bit.

That's what happens when you hire an outside PR firm. Unfortunately it's becoming more and more common so publishers have less idea of what that PR firm is actually doing, and the PR firm is disconnected from the product itself.

News Comments > etc.
52. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 17:41 NKD

ASeven wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 16:51:
Total Biscuit's interview on the David Pakman show is now up, discusses the lack of journalism ethics in gaming and other topics.

Good interview. Glad to see some people know how to keep things on-topic and reasonable. These are the type of interviews and discussions we should have been having from the start.

News Comments > etc.
48. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:45 NKD

DV wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:34:
Ahh...Thanks NKD. It just got my blood up reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have posted in anger and being a reddit virgin. I apologize to any anti-gg or sjw I might have offended.

Well it wouldn't be a very good troll if it didn't catch a few people! Looking at the dudes posting history makes him look like a real wackjob. He posts about how much he hates Americans and how they should die, etc. Bunch of random shit all over the place. And that's just the stuff that hasn't been deleted or hidden.

News Comments > etc.
46. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:28 NKD

DV wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:17:

Anti-GG SJW in action. This woman did NOT deserve the hate and intolerance shown her for having her own opinion.

Did you read what you posted? The person who sent that thing is some troll from dumbass subreddits who has already been removed from his moderator position, not an SJW.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 15:16 NKD

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:03:
I get the symbolic nature of what he is doing but I wonder if there is more harm than good in doing it this way.

I think it's a process. When something has been treated like a dirty secret by so many people for so long, there's benefit in voluntarily and publicly stripping that secrecy away.

Yes, I think there is certain point you reach where pointing something out serves to highlight it in a negative way, and make it seem abnormal. But I don't think we're there yet for gay acceptance. You can't normalize something without first bringing it into the light of day.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 14:45 NKD

When someone like Tim Cook comes out they aren't saying "Surprise bitches , I'm actually gay!" and expecting a round of applause. You don't get to be a CEO of a company like Apple without tons of people knowing you're gay. Why is that important? Because despite the fact that his coworkers and colleagues probably all knew he was gay, it didn't stop him from succeeding in his career.

It may not seem like much to us straight folk, but it's important for gay men and women to see these simple acknowledgements. There's a symbolic importance to it, even if the actual practical implications are minimal.

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 14:27 NKD

Interesting stuff here.

Some Gamergate folks tracked down one of the people responsible for a lot of the harassment, doxxing, and threats to Anita. They tried reporting it to the FBI but the FBI said Anita has to report them herself.

So the Gamergate person tweets at Anita telling her they found one of the threat sources and they want to work together to get them busted. Anita blocks/mutes a person reaching out to try and do something concrete and real to stop the harassment.

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 14:14 NKD

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:51:
They are the bad guys here, not Sarkeesian.

Precisely. It's not Sarkeesian's job to give equal time to other viewpoints. It would be dishonest of her to support a viewpoint that she doesn't believe in. It's the press's job to look at it from all angles. And they've failed miserably at it.

It's bullshit that the people who are responsible for diverting the discussion away from ethics in gaming journalism turn around and attack Gamergate for having too much non-ethics related talk. What the hell do they expect? They are the ones who caused the problem. They used their platform to completely shift the narrative and derail the conversation.

It's like repeatedly punching someone in the mouth and then asking them why they aren't saying anything.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:02 NKD

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:48:
You seem to be going to great lengths in trying to dismiss the women in the group, which sounds kind of sexist to me.

A common viewpoint among third wave feminists is that any woman who doesn't believe in their particular flavor of feminism is simply so oppressed that she doesn't realize she's oppressed. It's incredibly condescending and demeaning to women.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 12:41 NKD

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:32:
And, still, it amuses me that people keep pointing out all the women and minorities in Gamergate as evidence that it isn't just white men and therefore not racist or misogynist, yet the same people use #notmyshield. They're literally trotting out non-white people as shields!

Doesn't the existence of women (and there are more than just a few) actually prove that it isn't just men? And from what I've seen, the overall movement (the non-sensationalist part that the media ignores but makes up the vast majority of the movement) is in no way misogynist or racist.

And for the record I have never even mentioned "Not My Shield", nor do I intend to.

I do find it funny that Beamer mentioned the #NotYourShield thing. Apparently, when some other group or movement tries to claim you or make you into a victim to lend legitimacy to their cause, speaking up for yourself and saying "I'm not part of your cause, thanks. I support your opponents." is hypocritical and merely a way to shield cis white males, rather than someone speaking up for themselves.

It's a no-win situation. Stay quiet and be used as a shield. Speak up, be accused of being a token, shield, or shill for the other side.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 NKD

ASeven wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:36:
Fun fact: Anita supported #CancelColbert. The creator of #CancelColbert is not pleased.

Anita plays the game way better than Suey Park does. First, Anita isn't a racist piece of shit, which helps her a lot in the publicity department.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 11:28 NKD

Anita Sarkeesian explains Gamergate?

Maybe they can invite Westboro Baptist Church on to explain marriage equality. Or maybe they can invite on Ken Ham to explain evolution.

3570 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo