Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Thanksgiving Tech Bits
1. Re: Thanksgiving Tech Bits Nov 22, 2012, 16:26 Bard

I had my last straw with ATI 3 months back - after sticking with them for the price/performance value compared to Nvidia.

Non-stop driver issues and software issues led me to give up on them and spend the extra on an Nvidia card.

So far (and yes, only 3 months) the Nvidia experience has been flawless. No 'issues' with game compatibility ran into yet - unlike when I had my ATI and it was a constant cycle of installing an updated driver to fix one thing, only to have it break compatibility with something else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Vancouver video game industry.. Nov 7, 2012, 10:37 Bard

..is in peril due to incompetent fuckwits in management.

I have a half dozen friends that worked for one of them, and things were going REALLY well until they brought in a producer who was, simply, a complete fucktard.

He single handedly pretty much destroyed that company pursuing his own goals and glory rather than doing his job.

ALWAYS - ALWAYS recruit from within - promote someone capable, than bringing in some clown you don't know who doesn't know how your company works.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Client
9. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 6, 2012, 17:03 Bard

eunichron wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 15:25:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 14:44:
despite some people feeling put off by Steam being released for their "everything should be free and open" operating system.

I would say those people, the Stallman types, are a fairly small, but increasingly vocal, minority in the Linux community. Seeing as how Ubuntu looks like the primary distro for support, and Ubuntu isn't endorsed by the FSF, I'm assuming Valve doesn't give two shits about what they have to say.

But as you said, unless there's some overwhelming advantage to switching to Linux over Windows 7 for gaming (exclusives, performance, what have you), I don't see this as any more than a novelty.

How about an operating system that isn't essentially surveillanceware for government?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Just bloody awesome Oct 14, 2012, 19:23 Bard

except the FIDLY team selection for multiplayer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2012, 16:37 Bard

SMASHES!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!

are all marketers idiots?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 27, 2012, 09:24 Bard

LOL - the jobs are NOT in Linux. Windows OWNS the business sector.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2012, 09:11 Bard

Excellent speech by Assange.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
61. Re: get the motherfuck off my fucking lawn Sep 25, 2012, 09:03 Bard

Riker wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 19:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 19:31:
Yeah I know right? A small section of hell clearly froze over. Total face palm at anyone wanting coop in a turn based strategy game.

And why is that?

Because they can't see how it'd work, or how much fun it'd be, and think they are in sole possession of clue

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 16:16 Bard

making people pay to remove ads isn't caving in - it's making money.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2012, 11:06 Bard

deqer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:32:
lol, the guy looks like a total loser. needs to shave that stupid thing he's trying to grow on his chin. jeez, that beard is big; what are you trying to do, make a statement with that thing? lol...

Let me guess, you're American and probably don't know anything about the culture of beards in Europe. That'd be foreign, so must be stupid right?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2012, 21:22 Bard

yeah, SUUUUUUURE it does.

but wouldnt it be great if the whole infrastructure was there to turn the internet into a litigation machine eh?

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
108. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 17:46 Bard

Hey UBI

I used to buy your games, until you started putting utter crap like starforce and always on DRM into them.

... and not to mention the ones you released and never fixed.

I either refuse to buy your products, or in the case of the games you never fixed, will pirate the sequel if I bought the original non-functional version.

UBI has ripped me off consistently for the past decade. I have no qualms about returning the favour you utter tunics.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2012, 12:52 Bard

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 00:56:
Man the UK vs Assange thing is getting absurd.

If I were a male I wouldn't want to even set a foot into Sweden where all males are regarded as potential sexual criminals and rapists. And that is not even a joke. It is illegal to have unprotected sex in Sweden if the women decides it to be, after agreeing to it, 3 weeks later. Sweden has the best gender "equality" rating in the world, and you know what that means? That males have to behave like women and that women have superior rights in all situations, including children care, and whether to put you behind jail for no reason.

So I can understand Assange, I would not want to even visit Sweden and every time I see it in the top spot on gender equality I cringe. Equality is very relative.

This is how politicians write laws.

*They are sell to us 'best and fairest' outcome and situation
*They are applied in the most authoritarian way

If anything wikileaks has revealed is that what less informed people call 'conspiracy theories' as a derogatory term, are in fact real.

*The banks are being chased because they conspired to rip us off with interest rate fixing
*The US, Sweden, the UK and Australia have conspired to ignore inconvenient laws
*The governments of the 'empire' (not british, rothschild+friends) have conspired to put all of us under electronic surveillance and to keep it hidden from us
*The FDA in the US rejected Aspertame's approval - until the manufacturer conspired with Donald Rumsfeld and had the approver replaced with a lackey.
*The government of Japan conspired to keep us all unaware of the truth about Fukushima's meltdown to 'prevent panic'- for how long? forever?

People may call it "conspiracy theory" - but the answer to that is "it's conspiracy fact".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2012, 12:32 Bard

Pity their f@cking drivers and software still suck ass.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2012, 13:50 Bard

Any IT guy worth his salt can see that Cloud Computing is a potential nightmare.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
57. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 22:09 Bard

Prez wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:54:
Icewind wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:47:
The genre is dead.

Dead? I'm not so sure. Supremely boring, hopelessly broken, and inherently flawed? Definitely. In my opinion anyway.

Now can we make some singleplayer games for fuck's sake?

Now that I am on board with.

Co-op - so you can play with a friend, or three.

News Comments > DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases
8. Re: CS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases Jul 10, 2012, 19:16 Bard

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:59:
What do you guys think of the "Preorder and we'll give you access to the beta!" stuff? Lots of games seem to be doing it these days (ex: Endless Space, GW2). I guess folks are free not to preorder, but it just seems silly to me to use beta access as bait for preordering. "Pay for your new car six months in advance, and we'll let you drive it around early UNPAINTED!"

TFC have a history of releasing Alpha and Beta products to market as 'retail releases' - never finishing them and leaving purchasers screwed.

Now they're being honest about it - and releasing beta to pre-orders (thereby gaining some income) to tide them over until they finish the product.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2012, 09:42 Bard

I'm SO SICK of the issues I have with ATI video cards to the point that I am currently on the last ones I'll buy from them.

Configuring settings seems to be a pay per click app - crossfire is such a fiddly and pain in the arse implementation that works properly with a few games (usually whatever is benchmark of the month) and it's just not worth it. Their drivers always lag behind.

Nothing is ever simple with their drivers. 20 year IT Systems Engineer experience with more hardware and software and the only things out there that piss me off more are Acronis and Maximizer.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 22, 2012, 00:46 Bard

Seriously, who gives a shit about neo-nazis!

There's bigger problems today - they're called zionists!

We're utterly screwed yet wave-the-nazi keeps happening to distract us from the real evil in the world.

2. Re: Assange Jun 20, 2012, 14:53 Bard

don't forget - provide EVIDENCE of war crimes, corporate crimes, crimes against humanity, political corruption etc etc.  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo