Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 464 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Cloud is NOT secure. May 17, 2013, 15:54 Bard

Up here in Canuckistan companies that must comply with our privacy laws are not allowed to store their data in US based cloud services due to the shenanigans the NSA are up to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 26, 2013, 10:49 Bard

shouldn't that be "democratic" nations?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 16, 2013, 23:51 Bard

windows 8's interface is all over the place - to the point of being a pain in the butt to use, and i advise all my clients to avoid it.

there's no point crippling a PC by forcing a tablet interface on the user.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 16, 2013, 23:37 Bard

ubisoft montreal ceo has his head up his arse.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure Apr 16, 2013, 23:35 Bard

the damned interface must generate them income by pay per click.

i've stopped playing JUST because of that.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild
15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild Apr 11, 2013, 16:16 Bard

I played quite a bit for a while, but as Sony added the newer gear I found myself outclassed unless I spent money to keep up. I didn't.

It CAN be an awesome game, but lately I've found that - as a non-subscriber - I spawn in on continents with no-one playing, and when wanting to transfer to an active one I am put in a 15 minute wait cue UNLESS I start giving them money each month.

World of Tanks is far superior in every way except that the interface in WOT is very 'Eastern European' (ie functional but not intuitive at all and very very clunky).

Now I'll just play PS2 on the odd occasion I can get a few buddies together to play at the same time and run a squad deep behind enemy lines.

News Comments > America's Army Beta Signups
22. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 9, 2013, 13:25 Bard

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 09:05:
Thats because most troops are very lousy shots in combat conditions, it takes a certain type to be able to stay cool enough to actually do anything other than spray & pray under fire.

The other piece is that American soldiers are generally trained to, when under fire, keep up a steady volume of return fire, even if they can't yet see individual enemy soldiers. The idea is that if you are in contact and under fire, you generally are going to have a difficult time maneuvering, so at that point if you aren't at least firing your weapon in the general direction of the enemy -- and thus providing some minimal degree of suppressive fire so that friendly elements out of immediate contact can maneuver to kill the enemy -- then you aren't contributing to the fight.

This is illustrated very well in Rommel's diary during the battle of france.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Newscorp eh? Apr 8, 2013, 15:39 Bard

In other words, they want to fill Hulu with propaganda news flashes.

Rupert Murdoch is the foremost propagandist of modern times, Goebbels had NOTHING on him.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 4, 2013, 16:16 Bard

The US would be better off limiting Israeli influenced IT systems - starting with those 'privately held' Israeli companies providing the warrantless wiretapping services.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2013, 11:22 Bard

Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 11:07:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:57:
ldonyo wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:11:
Funny how the libs here ignore posting on stories like these two. No the government isn't out of control and corrupt, no they're not taking measures to destroy privacy rights and turn the US into another nanny state not at all!

The FBI has been trying to get as much power as they can to watch everything imaginable for far longer than the current President's terms in office. But, that's okay, you keep those blinders on nice and tight and make sure you turn up the talk radio volume to drown out anything else you might otherwise hear.

No kidding, I didn't mention Obama did I or blame him for it? No? Ok then. That being said, thinking that giving government more control on anything, is generally a pretty fucking terrible idea.

You mentioned "libs," as if, you know, Homeland Security wasn't a Republican idea.

And no, I'm not blaming Republicans, because Democrats clearly support it. But you're the idiot making this partisan.

Why am I even responding?

And no, 30 months for something that can crash a damn 747 coming in for a landing isn't excessive. If you do something very dangerous you go to jail. "I didn't know it was illegal" isn't an excuse. And, like the Aaron Schwartz thing, it also shows how little people here understand about courts. He'll end up serving 12 months or so, most likely.

A laser isn't going to crash a 747 - that's bollocks. Instead of looking out the cockpit the pilot goes heads down and lands as he would in adverse weather - using the ILS. If anything it's a minor annoyance.

But hey, it's all about making money. This guy will make some privatized jail owner $100K or so in profit.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2013, 11:18 Bard

Don't fall for the Machiavellian 'divide and conquer' tactics that is the Repubs vs Democrats - that's just nonsense to distract.

With realtime monitoring of all our communications, the true masters of the US will be able to prevent further exposure of their crimes.

We're already seeing the citizenry becoming 'the enemy' - it's just going to get worse.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 25, 2013, 18:01 Bard

No microtransactions... thank god. IOS gaming SUCKS because of this. You never know what you're getting when you pay for a game these days.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 22, 2013, 18:48 Bard

If only this was a cute puppy.  

25. removed Mar 13, 2013, 15:48 Bard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 13, 2013, 16:14.

23. Re: Al Qaeda Mar 13, 2013, 15:42 Bard

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:19:
Can we ban a user for claiming Al Qaeda is a fictional creation?

Also, I mean ban from life, or at least breeding. Not just ban from this site, but I'd be ok with that.

Allegory of the Cave - read it.

4. Re: Al Qaeda Mar 13, 2013, 11:10 Bard

Bard wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 10:55:
Bard wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 10:54:
Since the group is a fictional creation - a modern day Emmanuel Goldstein - i'd expect the game was made in Tel Aviv.

HA! MEMRI! the propaganda service run by an Israeli ex-colonel. Yep - more propaganda!

.. and it gets better. The game is hosted on MEMRI's servers.

Yeah, this is Al Qaeda work. UHUH.

3. Re: Al Qaeda Mar 13, 2013, 10:55 Bard

Bard wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 10:54:
Since the group is a fictional creation - a modern day Emmanuel Goldstein - i'd expect the game was made in Tel Aviv.

HA! MEMRI! the propaganda service run by an Israeli ex-colonel. Yep - more propaganda!

2. Al Qaeda Mar 13, 2013, 10:54 Bard

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 12, 2013, 16:51 Bard

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 16:14:
I'm thinking the movie Gattaca was pretty prescient.

No privacy is fine as long as there's a robust set of laws and support mechanisms in place to protect people from discrimination. But most countries don't even approach that currently.

Na´ve at best. The US government simply says 'national security' and does whatever the hell it wants regardless of legality. If the information is available someone will abuse it, whether government or business.

This slow slide into totalitarianism turned into a freefall when cataloging of potential troublemakers (ie, informed people opposed to totalitarianism) became easy with the likes of facebook and the data it harvest and provides.

The best privacy is not allowing compilation and storage of the data in the first place.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 12, 2013, 15:50 Bard

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 15:01:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 09:55:
Controversial God of War: Ascension trophy altered in upcoming patch.

Rated M game, where you decapitate people, gods, etc., and they fold to "Bros before Hos".

LAME!

This is what's known as caving into the PC crowd because a particular word might offend them.

Bullshit.

464 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo