Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 403 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 16:16 Bard

making people pay to remove ads isn't caving in - it's making money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2012, 11:06 Bard

deqer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:32:
lol, the guy looks like a total loser. needs to shave that stupid thing he's trying to grow on his chin. jeez, that beard is big; what are you trying to do, make a statement with that thing? lol...

Let me guess, you're American and probably don't know anything about the culture of beards in Europe. That'd be foreign, so must be stupid right?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2012, 21:22 Bard

yeah, SUUUUUUURE it does.

but wouldnt it be great if the whole infrastructure was there to turn the internet into a litigation machine eh?

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
108. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 17:46 Bard

Hey UBI

I used to buy your games, until you started putting utter crap like starforce and always on DRM into them.

... and not to mention the ones you released and never fixed.

I either refuse to buy your products, or in the case of the games you never fixed, will pirate the sequel if I bought the original non-functional version.

UBI has ripped me off consistently for the past decade. I have no qualms about returning the favour you utter tunics.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2012, 12:52 Bard

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 00:56:
Man the UK vs Assange thing is getting absurd.

If I were a male I wouldn't want to even set a foot into Sweden where all males are regarded as potential sexual criminals and rapists. And that is not even a joke. It is illegal to have unprotected sex in Sweden if the women decides it to be, after agreeing to it, 3 weeks later. Sweden has the best gender "equality" rating in the world, and you know what that means? That males have to behave like women and that women have superior rights in all situations, including children care, and whether to put you behind jail for no reason.

So I can understand Assange, I would not want to even visit Sweden and every time I see it in the top spot on gender equality I cringe. Equality is very relative.

This is how politicians write laws.

*They are sell to us 'best and fairest' outcome and situation
*They are applied in the most authoritarian way

If anything wikileaks has revealed is that what less informed people call 'conspiracy theories' as a derogatory term, are in fact real.

*The banks are being chased because they conspired to rip us off with interest rate fixing
*The US, Sweden, the UK and Australia have conspired to ignore inconvenient laws
*The governments of the 'empire' (not british, rothschild+friends) have conspired to put all of us under electronic surveillance and to keep it hidden from us
*The FDA in the US rejected Aspertame's approval - until the manufacturer conspired with Donald Rumsfeld and had the approver replaced with a lackey.
*The government of Japan conspired to keep us all unaware of the truth about Fukushima's meltdown to 'prevent panic'- for how long? forever?

People may call it "conspiracy theory" - but the answer to that is "it's conspiracy fact".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2012, 12:32 Bard

Pity their f@cking drivers and software still suck ass.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2012, 13:50 Bard

Any IT guy worth his salt can see that Cloud Computing is a potential nightmare.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
57. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 22:09 Bard

Prez wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:54:
Icewind wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:47:
The genre is dead.

Dead? I'm not so sure. Supremely boring, hopelessly broken, and inherently flawed? Definitely. In my opinion anyway.

Now can we make some singleplayer games for fuck's sake?

Now that I am on board with.

Co-op - so you can play with a friend, or three.

News Comments > DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases
8. Re: CS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases Jul 10, 2012, 19:16 Bard

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:59:
What do you guys think of the "Preorder and we'll give you access to the beta!" stuff? Lots of games seem to be doing it these days (ex: Endless Space, GW2). I guess folks are free not to preorder, but it just seems silly to me to use beta access as bait for preordering. "Pay for your new car six months in advance, and we'll let you drive it around early UNPAINTED!"

TFC have a history of releasing Alpha and Beta products to market as 'retail releases' - never finishing them and leaving purchasers screwed.

Now they're being honest about it - and releasing beta to pre-orders (thereby gaining some income) to tide them over until they finish the product.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2012, 09:42 Bard

I'm SO SICK of the issues I have with ATI video cards to the point that I am currently on the last ones I'll buy from them.

Configuring settings seems to be a pay per click app - crossfire is such a fiddly and pain in the arse implementation that works properly with a few games (usually whatever is benchmark of the month) and it's just not worth it. Their drivers always lag behind.

Nothing is ever simple with their drivers. 20 year IT Systems Engineer experience with more hardware and software and the only things out there that piss me off more are Acronis and Maximizer.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 22, 2012, 00:46 Bard

Seriously, who gives a shit about neo-nazis!

There's bigger problems today - they're called zionists!

We're utterly screwed yet wave-the-nazi keeps happening to distract us from the real evil in the world.

2. Re: Assange Jun 20, 2012, 14:53 Bard

don't forget - provide EVIDENCE of war crimes, corporate crimes, crimes against humanity, political corruption etc etc.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37
9. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 20:15 Bard

So instead of error 37, we get something a little more time wasting, as instead of getting the error and coming back at a later date when things might be working, we're going to be sitting there waiting for a timeout?

I was against 'always on DRM' before D3 because of past experience, and now I am absolutely convinced about how crap it is. If blizzard can't do it - no one can.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2012, 08:52 Bard

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 27, 2012, 19:57:
Prez wrote on May 27, 2012, 19:34:
To all the people who ask me why I carry a gun everywhere I go, this is why.
Yeah they don't let you do that in Canada, I really wish they did.

Because we have no zombies up here

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
60. A great example of why Always on is Always wrong May 16, 2012, 09:05 Bard

Whatever happened to purchasing a game?

Now not only do we pay the same price for leasing the game - but blizzard monetizes the trading of items between players.

How far does greed go?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Wonderful May 6, 2012, 11:00 Bard

NSA and other government agencies transcribe conversations held or written everywhere into text - WITHOUT A WARRANT (goodbye constitutional rights).

Computer Program parses the data.

You become a 'potential terrorist' because you talk about Israel's perpetration of 9/11, with all the trimmings that comes from being on such a list.

This is just the first step in criminalizing free speech.

I'd like to trust those who would hold this data, but honestly - we cannot.

News Comments > Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced
15. Drop the limited install DRM May 5, 2012, 14:02 Bard

DRM ONLY PUNISHES PURCHASERS.

I'd rather not be a pirate, but at least with a pirated game i'm assured that i'll be able to install it whenever i want, on any machine i own, without relying on an authentication service which may cease to exist sometime in future.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 14:10 Bard

If there's monthly fees it's going to be short lived.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2012, 09:15 Bard

Those who don't listen don't matter - because they're not going to be involved one way or the other.

The Federal Government is trying to create cybertyranny.

But it's not really the Federal Government, but those who own the politicians in it - the 'Monied Interests' we were warned about.

For the last 100 years these Monied interests have had control over what you and I know, through their ownership of Print, Radio and Television. The internet has exposed the lies we've been fed, and today they are exposed in almost real time.

Without the internet we would not know that the official 9/11 theory is utter bullshit (through the forensic studies of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth) nor that Israel was the state that perpetrated the attacks (refer to Dr. Alan Sabrosky).

The sooner these monied interests regain control over the free flow of information the sooner they can go on manipulating currencies, formenting wars and sponsoring terrorism without risk of being caught.

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
2. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 14:04 Bard

ah, some of the biggest selling games, some of the most consistently played games. Yeah they release stuff, and it's excellent.

Valve and Blizzard and Bethesda and eSim - you can count on these guys releasing good quality stuff because their approaches are good ones - and that includes after sales support.

I'm still left with more great games to play, than time I have.

403 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo