Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 386 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 14:10 Bard

If there's monthly fees it's going to be short lived.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2012, 09:15 Bard

Those who don't listen don't matter - because they're not going to be involved one way or the other.

The Federal Government is trying to create cybertyranny.

But it's not really the Federal Government, but those who own the politicians in it - the 'Monied Interests' we were warned about.

For the last 100 years these Monied interests have had control over what you and I know, through their ownership of Print, Radio and Television. The internet has exposed the lies we've been fed, and today they are exposed in almost real time.

Without the internet we would not know that the official 9/11 theory is utter bullshit (through the forensic studies of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth) nor that Israel was the state that perpetrated the attacks (refer to Dr. Alan Sabrosky).

The sooner these monied interests regain control over the free flow of information the sooner they can go on manipulating currencies, formenting wars and sponsoring terrorism without risk of being caught.

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
2. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 14:04 Bard

ah, some of the biggest selling games, some of the most consistently played games. Yeah they release stuff, and it's excellent.

Valve and Blizzard and Bethesda and eSim - you can count on these guys releasing good quality stuff because their approaches are good ones - and that includes after sales support.

I'm still left with more great games to play, than time I have.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2012, 23:08 Bard

Sixtoes wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 19:20:
I'm a pretty hardcore libertarian, but people are seriously over-reacting here. I've read the decision (Florence v. {insert extremely long name here}), and can tell you that three very clear conditions apply.

First: strip searches can only be performed on someone who is being placed in jail - not merely arrested or detained. So the suggestion that violating a leash law would result in a strip search is utterly absurd and patently false - I know of no jurisdiction that would allow jail time for a leash law violation, do you?

Second: the opinion makes it clear that jail officials are allowed to conduct the strip search only if the prisoner is being placed among other prisoners in the facility. Two justices in the 5-4 majority wrote separately in order to stress this specific point. This is a safety issue for other prisoners - if it were merely about the safety of the facility or the guards, this wouldn't have been at issue in the court's written opinions.

Third: the authority to conduct a strip search was limited to visual only, without any touching whatsoever. It can be performed at the same time the inmate showers and de-louses before being put into general population.

The fact of the matter is that this is simply an example of a balancing act between protecting the security of other prisoners, while also protecting the liberty rights of the accused. A visual-only search is a reasonable part of the intake process.

Finally, it should be noted that if a particular state wants to limit these searches further, they may - this is simply the 'outer limits' of what the 4th amendment allows in this case. It's not SCOTUS' job to legislate - merely to ensure that legislation complies with the Constitution.

{end legal rant}

Sorry, but you're naive to the realities of the user of such laws.

Laws are sold to us in the most pleasant light, but applied in the darkest ways possible, to suppress those who dare to speak up.

It's not 'criminals' we're talking about here - but Nuns - A NUN for Christ's sake, for nothing more than being present at a protest.

This is about making the lives of those people with the brain to see what the hell is going on, and the guts to go out and do something about it, as difficult as possible.

Protesters are being maimed, poisoned, injured, humiliated, arrested and tortured to 'shut them up' - and to force the gutless to stay home where it's 'safe' rather than hold the assholes who are REALLY behind the war on terror and mass looting of the American people accountable.

Cheers

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2012, 23:01 Bard

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 18:22:
Personally I have no problem with this. Not sure why it's being presented in such a way that I'm required to be outraged, because I'm not. More media sensationalism.

You don't seem to understand that we're supposed to be FREE PEOPLE. The government is supposed to be OUR servant, not our masters, to dictate we can be stripsearched as they see fit, yet somewhere along the line they HAVE become our masters.

I'm assuming you're young, because otherwise you'd understand what has been taken from us.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Preorder Bonus: Assassinate Hitler
5. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Preorder Bonus: Assassinate Hitler Feb 28, 2012, 13:05 Bard

Wave the Nazi.

Really - it's about time we started dealing with today's war criminals.

I guess video game devs are as void on historical knowledge as our media.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2012, 21:44 Bard

wow. 100.

cheers mate, i still have many hours of enjoyment!

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned
2. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned Feb 24, 2012, 21:42 Bard

Aren't they ALWAYS alphas when they're released?

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed
6. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 23:23 Bard

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:45:
Bard wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:27:
more race hate perchance?

Eh? In a game about war in the Middle East what would you expect the enemy to look like, Oompa Loompas?

Don't know where it's set, and not going to bother finding out, gotten sick of regurgitated garbage that portrays the US's victim nation of that particular invasion cycle as terrorists.

if there was anything decent about the premise the fighting would be about defending your own country IN your own country, not about hunting 'terrorists' in someone elses. Same BS has been in use forever to justify taking brother man's shit.

History man, history. If you don't know it, you don't know what the hell is going on.

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed
1. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 21:27 Bard

more race hate perchance?

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
2. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 11:16 Bard

I hope the physics are at least somewhat realistic - energy management is the overriding pricinciple of air combat - without realistic physics it's just an arcade game.  

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
6. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 09:11 Bard

Theo wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 08:28:
Zanakar wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 03:17:
Wonder if *this* will finally be the update that allows any player to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club. The club that allows members to repeatedly make insults that are equivalent of calling black-skinned people "f*ing n***s" and get away without punishment, while calling a Club member "nerd who needs a life" gets one a forum ban at first and game ban soon afterwards. Saw stuff like that happen more than once during the years I played Eve-Online.
Eve-Online definitely has nice and unique mechanics, yet CCP is so incredibly biased towards "pet" players that it is breathtakingly sickening. In the sandbox that is Eve-Online, all players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

T20- was years ago. get over it.

So basically what he said is correct then? that's sad.

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
16. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:00 Bard

Teddy wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:16:
Wildone wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:02:
lol another mech fail. Guys in suits with chunky arms or the 2 legged reverse leg macross robot/ED209 rip offs/sigh

Careful, your ignorance is showing.

ED209 rip off? The Battletech universe including designs and artwork which the Mechwarrior games are set in predate Robo-cop. ED209 was a direct rip off of their designs, not the other way around.

He's probably 15 or so.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2012, 13:29 Bard

Beamer wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 12:56:
Used games at GameStop are 10% off. It's a complete joke. The argument that anyone needs to save that 10%, especially given how quickly prices fall on their own, doesn't hold water.

The argument that some people need the $10-$15 the game is purchased back for (and then sold for $55) is more valid.

Bugger gamestop - this would swap people selling between each other.

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
6. incompetent developers have no excuse Jan 27, 2012, 13:05 Bard

THIS is why piracy is supposedly rampant - the release of software in unacceptable state, with MAYBE a fix some months to years later, with no way of getting a refund.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
24. removed Jan 20, 2012, 08:51 Bard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 20, 2012, 08:55.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
39. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:15 Bard

Screw that. it took me AGES to figure out that i required BOTH origin AND bioware accounts for starwars etc.

Origin sucks.

I'm committed to spending my gaming dollar on stuff that works properly without unnecessary dicking around.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 15, 2012, 11:48 Bard

Internet underuse can cause delusions, where terrorists attacked America, the attack on the USS Liberty was an accident, and Iran is picking a war with the U.S. None of which have anything to do with Israel.

News Comments > Top Gun Hard Lock Details
2. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Jan 12, 2012, 11:21 Bard

Wow, 15 missions. hmm...

Sounds promising

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2012, 11:56 Bard

Great, so now the US is looking to have camoflague to hide things from being detected - say, sequences of flashing explosions floor after floor....

I'm sure someone could find a use for this.,.

386 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo