Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 430 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2015, 09:53 Bard

Cutter wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 16:06:
If it were the Mob this kid was helping he still would have been charged. Conspiracy is a crime plain and simple. And trying to help a terrorist organization makes you one by extension. As far as I'm concerned the little prick got off light.

yeah, let's criminalise TALKING.

you don't seem to realise what you're supporting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2015, 09:51 Bard

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 08:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 16:47:
Stories like this just make me so tired. I realize people have been saying the end of the world is coming for hundreds if not thousands of years -- but reading stories make me wonder if we can survive the next few decades. Assuming we survive until then, I'd love to take a history class on the first half of this century a couple of hundred years from now.

If you want to learn about history, don't bother taking a class, unless you like biased, propaganda ridden trash.

Indeed - people who watch "History" channel for their knowledge should realise they aren't getting history, but propaganda of the channel's owners, who are zionists, who want to justify the theft of Palestinian land and the ethnic cleansing they are performing.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
17. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 30, 2015, 12:13 Bard

WaltC wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 11:22:
jimnms wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 22:03:
Krowen wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 16:52:
You need parental features (specifically Family Safety) enabled on the associated Microsoft account and a family account on the OS, it's not like this happens by accident unless you don't read what you're clicking.

Most people don't bother to read anymore. They've been conditioned over to just scroll to the bottom and hit OK.

Really? They seem able to read every sensational, half-true, exaggerated article on the Internet, though, don't they?...:) But you have a point in that most people simply don't know when they're being suckered with click bait. *cough*

"I read it on the Internet so I know it has to be true!"...

IT security professionals know that these 'features' are simply more hooks for surveillance, which will be used on everyone.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 25, 2015, 10:55 Bard

.. and windows 10 basically puts the surveillance right onto your computer.

things are getting BAD.

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2015, 18:31 Bard

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 10:43:
Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 10:29:
Who the hell would work in such an Orwellian environment? Are you an employee or property?

And privacy is a thing, Just because I leave my door open or the windows unblinded that's not an invitation for anyone to walk in or start looking through the windows in earnest. The reason we need privacy laws is precisely because some people don't understand that it's a thing and need to be made to understand that.

I completely agree with you.

I have to think that some of these articles are part of a broad "re-education" process. People don't seem to realize how we, like computers, are constantly being reprogrammed to think a certain way.

Indeed we are.

15 years ago cross site cookies were a big issue, now we're being completely fucked over, and completely under surveillance, for no other reason than to be sources of income for others, or in the worst case - to have whistleblowers, journalists and activists imprisoned or worse (R.I.P. Michael Hastings).

This is about a full surveillance system to allow the power elite who are increasingly having their criminal activities exposed to hunt down those who expose them.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2015, 18:25 Bard

"You will not be able to keep a track on us, like we can keep a track on you" - Corrupt Politician.

It's becoming more and more obvious we're being screwed over day by day.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2015, 16:20 Bard

Alienware - where Dell won't update your video card drivers after 12 months, leaving you screwed as they won't work with the chipset reference drivers.

Yeah, I've had two alienware laptops - and have manually hacked together drivers from the chipset references to get things mostly working - but for 99.999% of people they're simply screwed.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Delayed
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Aug 18, 2015, 17:18 Bard

.. more recruiting computer games.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 11, 2015, 12:16 Bard

Pigeon wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 08:57:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 21:36:
Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 20:47:
“They say SOPA, and hope the peasants cringe,” the filmmaker adds. “Thus, the EFF invests tremendous energy in this strategy, breathlessly warning us about the inevitable doom that will surely follow if, heaven-forbid, the rule of law might apply to trade across our precious tubes.”

So this David Newhoff guy thinks we're peasants. That's nice.

All that being said, make your shit available somewhere for a reasonable price, and this issue would be largely mitigated.

But it's easier to claim the theoretical loss of hundreds of millions due to piracy than it is to develop an effect marketing solution and risk finding out your product isn't nearly as desirable as you'd like to think. Case in point, Pixels would be an unmitigated success if only those filthy pirates wouldn't confuse the consumer by putting the word pixel all over the internet.

Greedy bastards.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 8, 2015, 12:46 Bard

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 12:26:
The writers at Ars must be smokin' the crack! X-Wings and TIE fighters have the same maneuvering and weapons? Missiles are on a 10 second cooldown (with infinite respawn)? Maneuvers (like "180 loops," i.e., an Immelman or S-Loop) are also on a cooldown timer? And this is "damn close" to X-Wing?!?!?

I really hate these bought-and-paid-for games "journalists"...

EA has a lot of power when it comes to um... advertising.

I like the look of eve valkyrie far more.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 11:53 Bard

yeah - so how can we stop private industry location tracking anyway?

The only person who needs to know where you are is you and the apps you use.

There's no reason your apps can't query online databases to provide the data necessary from third parties for their applications - without that third party recording either the request past the period where that request is served, or provide that data to anyone else.

We need a universal bill of digital rights to prevent private industry doing what our governments cannot legally do - because there is no functional need to keep and store that data, because it cannot be secured, and because our governments have PROVEN themselves not above illegal activity to steal that data from private corporations for their intelligence services.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2015, 17:58 Bard

The UK is really pushing copyright protection, and then claiming the government has copyright on materials whistleblowers bring out and using that as a mechanism to harass and terrorise those who already have blown the whistle and chill those who are afraid to do so.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2015, 17:48 Bard

Maybe they should have called the robot 'Freedom'.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 11:35 Bard

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 10:12:
Is this where they finally make it fun or nah?

I have a lot of fun in this, but I am playing multiplayer with friends.

32. I had privacy once... Aug 4, 2015, 18:11 Bard

...and what our governments weren't able to do legally, private companies started doing.

...now that the infrastructure is there to put us ALL under surveillance (you love your government++ don't you?) courtesy of private enterprise.

...we have no need to create laws to protect our privacy

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 13, 2015, 17:11 Bard

I've just uninstalled it. Not really missing it too much.

Adobe seems to make so many holes.....

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
28. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 23:02 Bard

people who want it can buy it, people who don't want it can not buy it and all that.

haters don't always have to hate

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
23. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 23:32 Bard

I'd be happy with an updated version of the original, just get it running at modern res at modern framerates. embrace the 'retro'

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
10. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 29, 2015, 18:34 Bard

I guess it's been about 10 years or so since the first (well, not 1st but close enough) iteration of the product line came out.

Hopefully 10 years was long enough to fix the many very poor design and coding issues that existed.

It's been a long time since we've had a sim worth playing. Maybe this is it.

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
4. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 29, 2015, 10:20 Bard

Still play it now, and the 'figures' were always inflated by the multiboxers.

I for one welcome each player having to manually control all of their characters - it really was cheating when they could run whole fleets at once.

430 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo