Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 354 (Amateur)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 19:15 Bard

Could guide them to Guam  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
21. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 17:00 Bard

hmm.. seems to be that crowdfunders think they are paying for development of the thing they give money for (ie a product), only for increasing portions of the money to be used for all sorts of extra stuff like posh offices and non developmental related things.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
91. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 10:43 Bard

OBNOXIOUS crowd.

looking pretty ordinary at the moment.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 1, 2014, 13:17 Bard

InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:36:
I dunno, I for one welcome our Dark Lord Zuckermountain and will buy the consumer version of Eyeface or whatever it will be called eventually. I dont give a shit about the faceshaft, enterprising modders will make sure it works with my favorite simulation of choice. (The developer kit support is coming in the next patch in any case)

...and facebook will not create any DRM whatsoever to ensure that they don't retain control of their product.

I'm sure 0.0000000000001% of people who have the technical expertise and patience to get it running in a handful of non drm'd apps still won't be able to play online with the other 99.9999999999999% of users who don't.

Usual story - some people see trees and are oblivious to the forest.

Facebook is not trustworthy.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 10:27 Bard

innovation <> always online drm or drm of any sort, private data mining, metadata collection of any type, microtransactions, games not working on release (looking at YOU EA) and the dearth of games that are NEVER completed.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
44. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 10:51 Bard

Installing Origin is the catch.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 16:52 Bard

Facebook is the public face of privatized illegal spying.

I am not thrilled facebook has any involvement at all.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
40. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 19:06 Bard

Was too far away from Elder Scrolls for my liking. It lost everything that made Skyrim awesome.

I would have been satisfied with simple cooperative multiplayer - but this isn't it - and not looking to pay additional monthly fees to play something inferior.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
11. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 20:41 Bard

gone from must have to ah shit.

Is it just me, or has all the cool computer stuff (capabilities, personal communication etc) over the past 30 years become monetized, tools of surveillance and utterly zero data privacy.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2014, 10:17 Bard

until they get caught again... IF I suppose.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 21, 2014, 18:40 Bard

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 13:44:
Bard wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 13:04:
Spying Scare?

It's a scare?

yeah no - ask Michael Hastings how much of a "scare" it is - oh you can't. He died in a car accident after his car blew up when it hit a tree (despite security footage showing the car on fire before hitting the tree) shortly before he was going to break a story on the CIA and had been speaking to Wikileaks.

It should terrify ANY person of conscience that has communicated to anyone on corporate or governmental criminality in the past decade.

Security footage knows no such thing, and his closest friends and family feel that this was entirely an accident due to a massive manic episode he was having, but don't let any of that stop you and your "facts" that have no evidence.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=michael+hastings+car+explodes+before+impact+footage

It amazes me how people are so willing to trust government, regardless of what declassified information and history have shown us and race to defend against anything saying otherwise.

That's Congitive Dissonance for you, so I shouldn't really be that amazed.

It's easier to think that witnesses didn't see what they did, evidence that exists isn't real, and the laws of physics only apply some of the time.

I really do like however that people are starting to catch on over the last decade and have started applying critical thinking and have learnt that the mainstream media never, ever, tells us the truth.

Cheers

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 21, 2014, 13:04 Bard

Spying Scare?

It's a scare?

yeah no - ask Michael Hastings how much of a "scare" it is - oh you can't. He died in a car accident after his car blew up when it hit a tree (despite security footage showing the car on fire before hitting the tree) shortly before he was going to break a story on the CIA and had been speaking to Wikileaks.

It should terrify ANY person of conscience that has communicated to anyone on corporate or governmental criminality in the past decade.

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
16. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 13:35 Bard

BULLSHIT.

I've stopped buying EA products because of this shovelware attitude.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 28, 2014, 15:35 Bard

secure? *snicker* yeah right. As if we're ever going to be allowed to have any sort of privacy from one of the prime manufacturers for the Military Industrial Complex.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2014, 17:59 Bard

oh yeah Obama? the shit you already said wasn't being done, you're going to say isn't going to be done anymore?

BULLSHIT.

the government serves everyone but the interest of the people these days.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
1. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 28, 2013, 18:56 Bard

so, not to protect us from terrorism, but to spy on people who may speak out about government and blackmail them with their private activities.

COINTELPRO for the new millenium.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 09:22 Bard

Sorry to hear of your loss. The bittersweet of having pets is their short lives when they deserve far longer.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
65. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 00:52 Bard

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:01:
Scheherazade wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:50:
During the walk around, someone had a PS4 at their desk (apparently sitting underneath a monitor).
So of course, the forums erupted in : "BETRAYAL!!!! this is a console port!!!!!"

The internet at its finest.

like many of the stupid comments here too!

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
13. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:21 Bard

I'd really love to play this game with a friend or two.

Not talking about massively multiplayer or even dedicated server. Just the ability to be in the same game as a friend and work together.

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
17. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 14:07 Bard

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 13:46:
has just over $4 Billion in its accounts, much of it kept in off-shore accounts

That is so wrong.

Let's not pay our taxes eh?

354 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..