Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric

Real Name Eric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 23, 2007, 22:16
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 42530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
87. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 17:39 Eric

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 12:32:
In fairness, shooting a girl and making an abortion joke isn't going to go over well with anyone anywhere.

Grand Theft Auto? The very fact that we're all discussing the game and I'm wasting my time reading/replying means the game will do well... LOL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
26. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 18, 2011, 16:11 Eric

Blue wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 15:37:
Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 11:00:
though it seems logical that this would probably be less of an issue for AMD if they manufactured CPUs or GPUs for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3

Errr.... am I missing something? Confused

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1458/The-Power-of-the-Xbox-360-GPU/p1/

"Fast forward to 2005, Microsoft revealed that the Xbox 360 will feature a custom ATI graphics processor that clocks in at a blistering 500 MHz, with 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines and 10 MB of embedded RAM."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCGPU#XCGPU

The Xbox 360 S introduced the XCGPU, which integrated the Xenon CPU and the Xenos GPU onto the same die, and the eDRAM into the same package. The XCGPU is the first mass marketed chip that combines a desktop class CPU, a powerful GPU, memory controllers and IO. It also contains a "front side bus replacement block" that connects the CPU and GPU internally in exactly the same manner as the front side bus would have done when the CPU and GPU were separate chips, so that the XCGPU doesn't change the hardware characteristics of the Xbox 360.

XCGPU contains 372 million transistors and is manufactured by GlobalFoundries on a 45 nm process. Compared to the original chipset in the Xbox 360 the combined power requirements are reduced by 60% and the physical chip area by 50%.[8][9]

The Xenos GPU is an ATI design.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
36. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 18:52 Eric

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 14:11:
As for lan support, I can't really get upset about it because the entire industry has moved away from lan party functionality sadly.

Well I'm upset. Just because some of the industry has left out LAN support in the last year or two is no excuse! LAN support is one of those features that really catapulted the industry into the mainstream.. and quite frankly, it wouldn't have enjoyed the success it has without it.

Leaving it out is a slap in the face to the hardcore players. In the end, this is about control (probably in the name of piracy) and it pisses me off.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
20. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 13:57 Eric

I haven't been paying much attention to this game, but I can't even believe this game won't have a dedicated server binary or LAN support?!

On occasion I attend a LAN party with a group of guys that still play BF1942/DC. Looking back on where we've been, it is really sad where we're going.

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed
69. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Jun 30, 2009, 10:39 Eric

Give me liberty or give me death... a different game. Liberty to install and use (without limitation) the IP that I rightfully purchased: No DRM and no checking in with big-brother just to play a freaking game (single or multiplayer). This move is 100% about piracy, but in the end they are just ticking off legitimate customers like myself. Congrats Blizzard!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. No subject Aug 25, 2008, 10:48 Eric

Funny, I hosted my first LAN party 12 years ago. Six of us played Warcraft 2 for almost 24 hours straight. And it was always the first guy to get eliminated that would kick the coax cable and bring the game to a screeching halt!

Wow... those were good times!

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Blooms
18. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 18:18 Eric

I'm not into MMOs... but for kicks I watched the trailer... and holy crap batman! What is up with the girl at 1:23??? I mean seriously, why not just have her fight in the nude?

Is that really what it takes to sell games these days?

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo