Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fuzzmatang

Real Name Fuzzmatang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fuzzmatang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2007, 04:59
Total Comments 392 (Amateur)
User ID 42453

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > TF2: Meet the Scout Trailer
14. Re: It's great Apr 20, 2008, 17:38 Fuzzmatang

Wait, they have to make a patch for the video. Just noticed that the RED team runs out of the BLUE base at the start.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Delayed
17. Re: ... Apr 20, 2008, 17:34 Fuzzmatang

The game was fine for me since I waited for the patch before buying it (like all my PC games). From what I've heard, the release was pretty stable aside from the long load times. It's not like it was Combat Mission: Shock Force.

Don't all PC gamers know by now not to buy a game on the day of release or any type of version 1.0 product?

Haven't people learned to let the early adopters beta test new technology or is being the first one on the block with the newest shiny toy still priority?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Nerdic? Apr 20, 2008, 17:23 Fuzzmatang

I :-facepalm-: at the whole article.

News Comments > TF2: Meet the Scout Trailer
13. Re: It's great Apr 20, 2008, 17:18 Fuzzmatang

From http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=518

The promo movies for TF2. Whose idea were they, how did they come about?

Honestly, I’m not sure whose idea it was. Oh no wait, I remember now: MINE. I’m kidding. Valve talks a lot about “collective design process this” and “collective design process that” to the point where, if I were me before I worked here and stopped swearing so much, I’d be like, this is some fake-ass marketing-ass Bigfoot-ass legendary bullshit. But, honest-to-God, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. Valve is the most collaborative creative environment I’ve ever heard of much less experienced. So the shorts grew out of basically everyone at Valve’s desire to see these awesome TF characters put through their paces outside the constraints of the game. We did the Heavy as a proof of concept, and kind of freaked ourselves out, and then immediately decided to move ahead with the other eight.

The Scout's voicework always reminded me of Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, so it's nice to see Valve make it clear.

And, yeah, can't wait to see if they make the Pyro's a whole video of unintelligible muffled phrases. Muh-mah-fah-gah.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 00:25 Fuzzmatang

Gives props to Rise of Nations, which everyone loves but nobody plays

News Comments > Savage 2 Patched
5. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 00:24 Fuzzmatang

Up until a month ago or so, I didn't know this game was even out either and apparently it's been out for a while now.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Comix Zone? Apr 18, 2008, 00:18 Fuzzmatang

I can't believe I just gave them web hits. What a waste of time.

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Announced
6. Re: Batman plz Apr 18, 2008, 00:13 Fuzzmatang

Yeah, but I'm sure we'll get a couple shitty beat'em ups or shooters to tie-in with the next movie. That's close enough, right?

And somehow it'll still sell like hotcakes thus justifying future cycles of the same shit.

They really should make a freeform Spiderman game ala GTA exploration/ Ass Creed's parkour environmental freedom.

News Comments > CITIES XL Announced
2. No subject Apr 17, 2008, 17:38 Fuzzmatang

So it's basically SimCity Online with pretty graffix?

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Apr 17, 2008, 00:44 Fuzzmatang

Interesting editorial.

Movies, books, and plays can also transcend being merely forms of entertainment. Contrast Transformers vs. Apocalypse Now.

Besides just wanting to stimulate us with big explosions and boobs to make their studios money, there are some directors and writers that clearly have some point they want to convey which they do through their craft and we learn something new or see things in a different light than we did before we walked into the theater. This is what art is supposed to do.

Most games do not reach this level (though there are a rare few like Planescape:Torment or even SMAC's futuristic vision) and most of the gaming audience doesn't care...they just want brainless entertainment to divert them from their shitty day to day lives.

Games have the potential to do much more as an interactive entertainment form (which is the point I think the author was trying to get at), but most gamers don't care or simply do not want.

Designers don't have a "responsibility" any more than Uwe Boll has one to not make shitty movies. But we're going to be stuck seeing the same retread, rehashed games we always complain about unless we start seeing games made by designers who have important things they want to say.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Can't trust it Apr 14, 2008, 15:02 Fuzzmatang

Obviously, there IS no perfect game. It's not so much saying it's a "perfect game" but rather placing it on a scale in relation with other rated titles.

My main gripe with COD 4 is that the SP campaign was short, otherwise great game.

If GTA IV is anything like its predecessors (which, from previews and other indications, it is), it's automatic goodness. Like putting Sid Meier's name in front of a title.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Ken Le Vine Apr 9, 2008, 00:29 Fuzzmatang

What's with all the Ken Levine news items lately? I sense some hype machine building up on something.

News Comments > April F-F-Foolin', Part One
12. Dom4 Apr 1, 2008, 10:37 Fuzzmatang

Idiot Game Reviewer (Unit): When unleashed the greasy lonely monstrosity attacks that which he doesn't understand, while screaming about how great Halo is.

I 'd

Gmail one was funny too. I always like how I get spam (in other non-Gmail accounts) from 1945 or 2020.

News Comments > The Witcher: DuelMail Announced
7. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 16:59 Fuzzmatang

next-gen web-browser game

Does a next-gen web-browser game have bloom?

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2008, 20:21 Fuzzmatang

I'll never understand "hackers" like these and those that write viruses (virii), etc. Surely there are more constructive uses of time or better wastes of time.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Postmortem
1. No subject Mar 29, 2008, 14:22 Fuzzmatang

Man, I love RPShotgun. I hope they don't go stupid like the Escapist did.

News Comments > Theatre of War to North American Stores
2. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2008, 22:01 Fuzzmatang

And if it fails it's because the PC gaming industry is DOOMED or because of those dirty pirates.

News Comments > The Witcher Content Coming
7. Re: Next Bioware? Mar 28, 2008, 13:37 Fuzzmatang

Meet the next Bioware!

I hope to hell they never turn out like Bioware did. MDK/BG/BG2-era Bioware, yes. Current Bioware, fuck no.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
22. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2008, 13:33 Fuzzmatang

Why does everyone have to hold the same position or opinion on something forever? PA has been around a long time. Things change. People change. Play Halo with friends enough times and your opinion of it can change too. Doesn't mean the game is really any better, just that you can find good things about it too if you play enough.

Because they went on quite obviously for several comics about how much they detested it likening it to pounding nails through their dicks and a piece of shit, then suddenly have a change of heart? Please. I sense some behind the scenes cock-sucking they like to point others out on and make fun of in their comics.

And I have played it trying to understand what the appeal is and I didn't get it. I suppose if I didn't have a PC and never played Quakeworld or multiplayer FPSs, maybe it'll be different.

It's like the people who stand behind CAD. They weren't exposed to the original (PA, or, in the case of Halo, multiplayer FPS games on the PC) so they think CAD is the hot shit while it offends the sensibilities of those who have some sense of history (and taste).

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
7. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 22:18 Fuzzmatang

The game itself looks ok. Nothing I'd buy without reading a few reviews (profeshunul and otherwise).

As for the comic, the only time I'll read one is if someone links to one in a forum. Something strange happened with it. First they backtracked on Halo being shit. Then gone were the "us against them" underdog/nerd vs jock thing they had.

I don't want to call it "selling out" because that's not quite it. I suppose it's just a change of audience...the crowd that posts asinine comments on Gamespot and all the other popular gaming sites or maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old fart.

Shit.

392 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo