Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J W

Real Name J W   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Veterator
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 6, 2007, 06:32
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 41737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2013, 10:41 Veterator

InBlack wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 09:59:
Veterator wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 09:14:
How much are artists paid when their music is played on the radio?

At some point these services are also advertisements for their music as much as revenue.

Admittedly, the pay on the play rate is shitty for the play amount. I'm sure Spotify makes a pretty hefty sum off all the advertising they have, plus people subbing to turn them off.

It's just hard to say how far off they are on pay rate without some basis in other mediums. His screenshot is all internet stuff it looks like to me.

I'd also be interested in learning how much musicians make per CD sold to a library versus other CD sales.

Like with books, convenience will make you pay for something you enjoy. But there's a lot of really terrible books out there and authors you will never like. So you might check out a whole lot of books before you find a handful you like enough to buy and follow the authors work.

I know if I ever fire up Spotify, I spend most of my time skipping tracks because most of the music it recommends is nothing like what I was listening to......to my ears at least. I don't know if that's because the selection on Spotify blows or their song algorithms are not very good. So......I don't use Spotify much at all because of this....plus when I finally do find a song I like and stop to listen to it I get an advertisement to go along with it. So it's like getting an ad after every song....

Im a struggling musician (play in 2 bands) that also holds a day job. Its a tough business, and the answer to all of your questions is fuck-all, unless you are getting a ton of airplay and your album is selling like hotcakes. Most musicians, even the big name musicians earn most of their dough from live shows. Touring is where the money is, which is the main reason the biggest names do all of those huge tours. The love of playing live is also a big draw, but playing a show every couple of days and spending the rest of the time traveling for 6 months in a row gets old really quickly after a couple of years on the road.

So, I guess it depends on how you look at the services then. If you expect to make much money, you're going to be disappointed. If you look at them like advertisement and get people playing your music, it sounds like they might work pretty well.

Granted, the problem remains that the people making the money on the music is not the performer. And I think everyone can agree that sucks, but I don't expect it to change just because we can agree.

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation atm. If they don't put their music up on these services, the chance of them picking up fans is going to be crap. However if they do keep putting them in services that don't pay much despite making money off them, it's not going to change.

You'd think the big artists out there interested in making it so they get more direct profit have the resources to tackle this for themselves and others.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2013, 09:14 Veterator

How much are artists paid when their music is played on the radio?

At some point these services are also advertisements for their music as much as revenue.

Admittedly, the pay on the play rate is shitty for the play amount. I'm sure Spotify makes a pretty hefty sum off all the advertising they have, plus people subbing to turn them off.

It's just hard to say how far off they are on pay rate without some basis in other mediums. His screenshot is all internet stuff it looks like to me.

I'd also be interested in learning how much musicians make per CD sold to a library versus other CD sales.

Like with books, convenience will make you pay for something you enjoy. But there's a lot of really terrible books out there and authors you will never like. So you might check out a whole lot of books before you find a handful you like enough to buy and follow the authors work.

I know if I ever fire up Spotify, I spend most of my time skipping tracks because most of the music it recommends is nothing like what I was listening to......to my ears at least. I don't know if that's because the selection on Spotify blows or their song algorithms are not very good. So......I don't use Spotify much at all because of this....plus when I finally do find a song I like and stop to listen to it I get an advertisement to go along with it. So it's like getting an ad after every song....

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 04:31 Veterator

There's some games I was looking at.. was a handful of things stopping me from buying.

1) DLC, if the game has questionable value DLC already....I don't want to buy the base game and see a few months from now that I could have gotten everything for the same price as I paid for the base game. Since it always end up being cheaper to wait...I wait.

2) Unknown developer and/or game-type I don't always like. A lot of reviews will compare a game to X, Y, and Z in the same genre. I might not like Y and Z....and can't tell what they meant by it from other reviews. This usually goes back to price, if it's over 5 bucks or has DLC making it go up over 5, I won't risk it and being pissed.

3) Price. I might pay the price they want for the base game if it had all the DLC. But they've started this thing where they have high prices on the DLC and it ends up being 30-40+ bucks for the base game with DLC and more DLC planned for future. I just don't pay over 20-25 bucks for games unless I know I'm really going to get a lot out of them. Which means almost no single player games will fit the bill, Minecraft being an exception for example.

So, Van Helsing, looked good. Had what seemed like good voice acting...etc etc. But it's one of those game types I about 50/50 on liking...AND it had DLC. Plus being fairly new, probably will do more DLC. So if it were 5 bucks for base game, I'd have bought it. If it was all DLC with no future plans for 7-8 bucks...probably would have bought it. However, it wasn't so I didn't.

Skyrim, I want the game, looks good. But it's single player, and while I might get a lot of hours out of it....I might not. And I don't recall them saying they are done releasing DLC for it, I may be wrong. But I want it and all DLC at 20-25 bucks or cheaper. Will wait for it to get there. If it doesn't for a longtime, I'll just forget about the game probably and won't buy it at all.

Defiance, MMO, probably sink some time into it. It's in the right price range, but it has some pretty bad reviews. And it has plans for DLC that has no release date or price info. So might pay the 15 bucks for the base game and then every goes over into the new DLC that costs 30-40 bucks. I don't want to end up obligated to buy expensive DLC to participate with others. So didn't make sense to buy the game until I knew more about how they are handling DLC. Personally I think Trion screwed up by not having this DLC info out for these sales....I like Trion as a dev but with the TV show tie in...no idea how "free" they are to change their game.

Got games that'll keep me busy and other stuff to do, so no rush. Just putting the info out there, so if someone happens to read it who can affect prices...perhaps it'll get where I want em to be.....hopefully when I have cash to get in on it. Set aside some for steam sale......didn't get into it much.

I think it's funny that they don't discount the games enough to get my cash....and between now and next sale....something new comes out or something else gets discounted elsewhere and gets my funds before the next steam sale. Seems like kind of a waste of effort on their part, but maybe they are making out like fiends....shrug.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2013, 04:37.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants
7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants Jul 18, 2013, 21:06 Veterator

I just played PS2 for the first time in about a month. Can't say it's changed much for the better.

I play TR, and while it's not on subject with the implants....I feel they don't handle the game balance well already. TR gets a lot of things that don't work very well, or are basically carbon copy weapons with just ever so slight differences. It's boring, but it's also pretty insulting that they can't come up with something fun to use even if it's not the best ever weapon....something with a role, that's fun to use in that role. That's all they have to do to appease many people.

Buying what is essentially, or will eventually become nearly, the same gun 25 times get's old.

This portion of their ineptitude starting pissing me off, spending money and ending up with almost carbon copy weapons after they "balance" them is bullshit. And most of the balancing just means they nerf them to sell a new gun...that shit wears people out.

Now that they've done that for 6 months, and they STILL HAVE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING because they come out with locked to a loadout, consumable, pay for, cert for items that A LOT of people wanted...but they haven't figured out that people don't want to pay for shit that becomes worthless (like their guns) or goes away (one use camos, they got rid of these things for a fucking reason).

And keep in mind the damn game already has a resource system built into it, that they keep trying to make more and more tedious. But instead of adding more items to it...you know...LIKE CONSUMABLE IMPLANTS YOU CAN BUY WITH IT..they just make stuff cost more. So you buy a membership or resource booster.

They spend more effort on trying to monetize the damn game than they do on making it enjoyable so people want to spend money on it.

Look at the roadmap and look at the stuff they haven't added or added anyway that no one wanted.

Like I've told others before. I am interested in PS2 enough, at this moment, to keep up on what they are doing with it. But if they keep up with this asinine way they have of completely missing the point constantly...I will stop caring. Then they will not be able to tempt me back without a lot of damn effort. And I suspect a lot of other people are right there at the line with me...because people play A LOT less than they used to.

Plus let's face it, SOE has a not-so-good track record with MMOs. PS1 in particular, they basically let that game rot on the vine after releasing expansion content no one much cared for. They simply do not know how to interpret what people do in game and ask for into something that adds to the experience in a positive way. It's always screwed up, annoying, or monetized in the most annoying and disheartening way possible.

If any of them read this, get a cert reset working. So we can get our hard work out of the guns and stuff you've completely trashed and put it into something that's worth a damn...for this round of patches at least. But I bet they read that and figure they could make money by cyclically ruining the weapons, and pimping out those cert resets.

Praise should not be given to them for about facing on this, it's worrying as hell that they thought it was a good idea in the first place. And makes me question even more of the changes they put forth, because it probably has some kind of non-obvious slight to the customer in it.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 17:58 Veterator

Still having major issues with hackers in the game. They were thick during the double XP, but there's been a rash of BR1-10 people showing up. Like extraordinary amounts of them today, I'm thinking they are banning the accounts and people are just firing up a new one to grief with. I saw one liberator aimbot, the guy used a dalton and was shooting down half a dozen planes just as fast as the gun would reload, while they were in flight and at the flight ceiling. They were rearing the lib up and shooting without missing.

Oh and the guys who switch teams to kill something important like a sunderer....or load up liberators to bomb people who are rocking their sides world....but they do it as friendly libs. Not hacking, but still just as much bullshit.

The hacks are the stuff that can absolutely ruin your evening. Imbalances exist, but I dunno how they can balance anything with all the hacking data that has to be infesting their "good" data.

Oh...and they really need to re-examine their pricing. It seems only the most expensive stuff is worth buying and that's 7 bucks each at full price. Side argument, but it does have an impact on game play...the guys with the money are going to have what they need to get the job done better.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 21:12 Veterator

SWTOR was a pretty bland game. The classes were not interesting. The combat was not interesting. Their PVP was an afterthought.

The whole companion thing sounded cool at first, until you realized it was like having a real awesome single player char when you had a companion and then you gave it up to join a group with others and be less effective due to the lack of that companion on-the-fly customization.

Voice work, really impressive for the first week maybe, then you start skipping it.

Voice work becomes quickly annoying the next time you play through and 95% of the quest dialog is exactly the same and you're skipping through the speech to get going faster.

Then you guess at what they spent on voicing all of that and getting those names attached to the game.........and you realize how much of a waste that was for what they ended up with gameplay wise and a lot of voice work you're only going to pay attention to one play through on each faction and class quests.

And.....overall the mechanics of the game were nothing new. MMOs are becoming really bad about sticking to a formula people are f-ing tired of. I want someone to go out on a ledge and add some SWG city building with some minecraft terrain modifications. For example, if there's a big ass ravine making travel take longer....I want to be able to build a bridge across it. Maybe not completely alone, but I would appreciate the ability to MODIFY the game in some meaningful way. At least some sort of free-form development. Not predestined build sites, so you can play on different servers and see different things.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
48. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 22, 2012, 02:55 Veterator

Hearing of more than one problem with Steam installs on Planetside 2. So that may be your common problem.

jakecroft wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 17:23:
Wow I expected to see others having CTD issues. I played the beta for months and although I would occasionally crash, this new build will not work for me. I have 2 totally different systems one is a intel 2500k and the other is an AMD 6 core both have 8 gig ram and both have nvidia cards one is a 660ti and the other is a 560ti. I downloaded both systems from Steam and both computers CTD within 30 seconds of the start of the game. Ive tried differnet sets of drivers even the beta ones that say they are specific for PS2 stability. On the forums there are many others that have the same issue as myself CTD over and over. This is by far the worst launch of any game ive seen personally but it seems others have no issues playing it. The one good thing is the game was totally free if this game was not free and it was something I bought I would be losing my mind but I have so many other games to play right now it doesnt really matter. I played Planetside 1 and really liked it but that one was a pay to play and I quickly lost interest once I got into battlefield. This one I played in the beta and It seems good but It looks like a game where you will have the upper hand if you decide to pay some money for. The devs said its not going to be a pay to win type of game but it sure looks like one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 24, 2012, 20:06 Veterator

Plus I don't trust debit cards because banks are more than happy to provide them by tying them to your ATM card. Which means they are getting some benefit from you having them opposed to a credit card which they have some decision process on.

They want you to screw up and they provide the debit card to do just that. At least with checks there's time lag and stuff to fix problems. With debit you're SOL if you don't have funds there as they hit instantly and often times hit more than once in a day.

And with CC you can usually make electronic payments via your bank website, so it's not much less convenient to use a CC for payment over debit. But it's much more protected because you're not the only one at risk for money loss so they actually put effort into preventing problems.

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
10. Re: No Federal 38 Studios Charges Sep 29, 2012, 08:44 Veterator

I'm inclined to say Madoff got punished because he stole from influential(rich) people in his scam, and they don't like to look foolish. Everyone knows non-rich people are just stupid, so them getting fucked/robbed/scammed isn't a big deal.

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2's Business Model
12. Re: On PlanetSide 2's Business Model Sep 22, 2012, 02:16 Veterator

You can't really comment on their prices or popularity of their F2P model until they've actually got all the weapons in, the costs of said weapons, and all the certs unlocked.

Right now I THINK you are limited to 100 certs and 25k Auraxium allowed to pool up maximum. And plenty of the certs already take 100 points to unlock the next level. And if you play enormous amounts you might get 30 certs a day, judging off what Im seeing.

So their system means you have to login often, and use your points and in-game money or waste your future efforts.

If they sell certs or boost cert gain by some noticeable amount, they've given you a huge reason.

And since A LOT of their weapons are 25K Auraxium, and it takes close to a week to get it...people are going to buy the weapons with real cash to get the leg up on people.

But so much is not working or added to the game as of now, it's pretty hard to judge. I find I really dislike their current resource system with Auraxium on top, and certs there to also keep you waiting. Battle Ranks right now seem to do nothing. Having to "buy" grenades you've unlocked at 150 resources a pop when you only have 750 total is stupid. And then you only seem to earn resources while logged in, it really makes it slow to actually use what you've bought.

Very unimpressed with the game for how much hype there's been around it...half a year or more of it and then fever pitch levels for a month or two and we slog on with little bitty changes waiting to see if they improve it or continue to screw it up. Having totally useless weapons categories is kinda laughable at this point when they have so few weapon choices. AA was pointless, lots of vehicle weapons don't do anything like what they claim...etc.

And how screwed up are MAX suits, some near insta-kill while others can barely hurt inf/vehicles. How can that go unbalanced.

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
19. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 18, 2012, 12:51 Veterator

Secret World was pretty boring. The puzzles and stuff were OK, but the combat was min-max where they kept nerfing the good skills while in beta. It got pretty tedious and annoying to even play when your abilities would become more and more worthless overtime only to have to pick up the new favorite and have it happen again.

Plus, 24 hours is not enough time to evaluate Secret World unless they are giving you 24 hours play time and not a 24 hour window to play. The beginning zones were much better done than the next couple zones. Much like Age of Conan and how Tortage was a major deception when it came to overall gameplay.

Don't trust the first few zones of any Funcom game.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends Sep 1, 2012, 13:29 Veterator

Haven't played for about a week....game has a lot of balance issues that get really irritating.

Some of them may be fixed now, but a quick list:

- Drop pods instantly kill anything you land on, friendly planes, enemy planes, tanks, people, etc. They added spawn beacons which cut down on the ability to drop on any squad member willy nilly, but people were literally killing galaxies worth of people every 5 minutes EACH with just 3-4 people in a squad... and bragging like it was some kind of grand joke.

- AA is ineffectual, while anti-ground from air is deadly as hell. It's hard to hit the planes because the bullets drop off so quickly you can't hit planes unless they are very close. They added some Auraxium bought weapons for heavy and MAX that may make this less retarded trying to shoot down planes, but was too expensive to try them myself.

- Some MAX units seem to have good AV weapon by default, while others have piss poor ones. BS AV seems to be good, while TR AV has low damage and 5 shot clips. You can barely kill infantry with it before you need to reload which means you die...better to stick with chain guns. NC jackhammers were instant kills on most infantry in comparison. Don't ask me how they came up with the balance they did on MAX suits, it makes no sense whatsoever.

- Right now by default the classes have special abilities that look like they should be cert point bought. So the experience you have now may be the same experience you have when you fully cert into these abilities. Like the heavy shield ability, medic heal, inf cloaking. Or somewhere in between. However if these are the maximum effect aspects of the abilities, the classes are weak in comparison to the MAX...like stupidly weak. The MAX units don't have enough drawbacks to discourage use if this is how much stronger they are supposed to be. They can't drive, can't gun in lib bomb position...can't be revived or healed by medic. But that means you could load up a gal with all MAX minus the driver.

- No trial system for weapons, so you spend real life money or auraxium on guns that may end up being completely useless. The grenade on top of tanks is useless as hell. You pretty much have to direct hit guys to hurt them with it. PLUS, Zoom certs often don't work on secondary guns......which again makes them useless to use if you're trying to shoot infantry/planes you can barely see if you can manage to compensate for bullet drop off.

- I don't care for the having to buy grenades to use. This is a stupid system, and I suspect it's indicative of what their pay system is going to end up being. That you will eventually be unable to supply yourself with various kinds of weaponry because they want everything to bought with Auraxium/Station Cash. So you will be limited to what you can afford to by instead of what you can cert eventually.

- Station Cash system isn't in yet, nor is most of the items in the shop. But I think it's going to be expensive basing it off the rate of Auraxium you earn and what stuff costs. 12.5k for tracking rocket launcher, when you get maybe 2-3k auraxium a day if you play extreme amounts of time. Then Max guns cost 8k, AA launcher costs around 12k. Plus all the vehicle guns, some of which cost 12k+ maybe more. And a host of implants (temporary 24 hour implants, retarded as hell) and other guns that aren't priced yet.

- Base lock down upon capture is 5 minutes, usually this isn't even enough time to clear out the enemies before it's capturable again. So you literally get stuck at a base until you just say screw it and move on. Now with the hex system, I suspect this will result in all day fights at one location. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it gets kinda old only being able to see 10-20% of the map because the way the system is designed.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
133. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 23, 2012, 01:25 Veterator

Can't think of another business that can survive a 90%+ theft rate, I guess that's why copyright infringement isn't theft. You know, if you want to believe those numbers at all. I just wonder how many people on this planet they think play games on the PC.

I buy 342-567% of all games that have ever been created, thought of, or will be created.

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live
41. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live Aug 18, 2012, 02:25 Veterator

Had a number of servers that would FPS crawl once the bots started showing up. FPS was fine once you were dead, crawled when you were alive. I remember there being a bug like this in the past with TF2 for me.

I didn't find it particularly fun. The scout bots once they get the bomb are still faster than most the classes, so you're pretty much boned at that point.

Don't really care for the way the upgrade system works either. It's tied to the weapon you have equipped, so as a heavy if you need to use Natascha to try to slow down those friggin big scout bots, you have the weakest Natascha while your other gun might be nicely upgraded.

And supposedly there's some kind of buy back on the upgrades, but I wasn't sure how to do it....saw it at the end of an invasion in the totals.

It needs traps, blocks, or something to make it less blah. Like things you can unlock on the map with your credits instead of upgrades.....barricades, platforms they can't get to, ammo stations, health stations...something.

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 15:13 Veterator

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 14:46:
Veterator wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:16:
So how many people would look at you like you're a lunatic when you tell them they should be buying watches that don't keep time, cars that have major mechanical issues not covered under warranty, a brand new house with a roof that leaks just a little bit, a toothbrush that doesn't clean your teeth and only has a few sharp edges, toothpaste that only makes you want vomit a little, and milk that smells like onions.

How does that even make sense?

Bad analogies galore.. The game should still be fully functional which negates all of these analogies. A watch that is difficult or unsightly to read? A car with a bad paint job, a house with shite wallpaper, a toothbrush with.. wait what?

lol

Should be fully functional, your definition of fully functional is?
Poor controls?
Poor performance on recommended or better specs?
Faulty DRM?
Unaddressed exploits in MP?
Crashing?
Game stopping bugs?
Save game bugs?

Unlike with physical goods you can buy, fixing the above items is usually out of the question without the developer/publisher doing it. Which is why I picked the analogies I did, you can't fix them easily or cheaply and they prevent you from tolerating/using what you purchased expecting a useable product. And most of them aren't things you'd notice or know when buying it. You'd know if the watch was hard to read, you'd know if the car had a shit paint job, you'd know if a house had wallpaper you didn't like....assuming you looked at them before buying. Games have some screenshots, a little video maybe, and some blurb of text and minimum specs. Beyond that third party reviews are all you have to go on...rarely is there a demo anymore.

And no reasonable person or retail shop would expect you to put up with that stuff on physical goods, nor would a court of law if it came to it unless it was disclosed up front. Game publishers/devs usually disclose very little and you have to be expected to rely on game reviews to try to find out these things if they don't write it off as "it'll probably be fixed" and never mention it.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 00:16 Veterator

So how many people would look at you like you're a lunatic when you tell them they should be buying watches that don't keep time, cars that have major mechanical issues not covered under warranty, a brand new house with a roof that leaks just a little bit, a toothbrush that doesn't clean your teeth and only has a few sharp edges, toothpaste that only makes you want vomit a little, and milk that smells like onions.

All for full price....because if you do, the guys who made it will do better next time...probably....maybe. Or you know, sell you the same shit because you bought it the first time and it's cheaper to do it kinda right than completely right.

If you're not careful they might not sell you the product you don't want to use/play/drink/whatever anymore. Oh noees.

I wish I could put out something mediocre and try to guilt people into buying it at 50 bucks a pop, or I won't put further mediocre products. How does that even make sense?

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 14, 2012, 03:54 Veterator

Think about how much time they waste trying to put DRM in, keep DRM working, and selling DRM as a bonus instead of a negative.

I don't expect perfection in my games....I do however expect exploits to be dealt with in MP. And game stopping bugs to be very hard to reproduce if they exist in all game modes.

Plus the game has to be fun, but I think that part gets left out because it isn't working and they don't have time to fix it before release.

But at least she's attractive, so you got some eye candy to look at while they boldly feed you bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2012, 03:00 Veterator

I have to wonder if they've truly ejected the people from their systems in some of these cases. If you believe you're invincible and they keep letting you believe that.....you probably are going to be shocked enough when you catch one break in to potentially ignore the constant ongoing ones.

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Update Wednesday
2. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Update Wednesday Aug 13, 2012, 21:42 Veterator

Wondering what they mean by earning incredible loot. Changing the way the loot system works? Or is it specific to this game mode and can only be used in it?

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Aug 13, 2012, 02:45 Veterator

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 11:28:
Veterator wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 02:48:
Only thing the game added combat wise was cover, and using it was friggin annoying.

Yeah, I never cared for that, as a smuggler...

"Ok, you attack, and I'm gonna go hide behind that rock for a second!"

I mean it looked OK when you used environment ones, it just never worked worth a crap. And your DPS/etc suffered because you had to rely on this weird mechanic that never worked very well and left you fighting in the open most times because you had to move for all the knockbacks and stuff.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo