Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J W

Real Name J W   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Veterator
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 6, 2007, 06:32
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 41737

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes
15. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 20:46 Veterator

Warskull wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 20:05:

Doombringer has a slower projectile speed than most guns, I don't think most aimbots work with it.

Yeah that might explain it...it's really hard to hit things with at any kind of distance.

You can't even see how fast the infiltrator bullets are unlike the other machineguns...so I wonder if they are just really fast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 19:51 Veterator

Infiltrators have an SMG as primary and a pistol as secondary.

They can unlock a stealth spinfusor, but Im not sure if they get any additional secondary unlocks.

I have seen some people who are amazingly accurate with the SMGs, and sometimes even I shock myself with some luck line ups on hits. But I have suspected some of aimbots when they can dance all over jetpacking up to the ceiling and being blown all over and hitting consistently throughout the fight.

I mean hell half the time when I get blown across the room Im lucky if Im not suddenly shooting the wall instead of in the general direction of the enemy.

If I were going to aimbot using a machinegun, I'd use doombringer...with no reloads and you can do up to 100 damage per bullet. Where as I think the infiltrator does about 75 maximum on it's SMG and like 150 or more with the pistol.

I still haven't figured out how to aim the sniper rifle on the sentinel. Some games I do really well and others Im lucky to hit them once, and Im not sure if that's my lag, their lag, server lag or me just losing my timing. Plus the reticule on that thing often blocks out people you're aiming at due to it's huge crosshairs.

10. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 18:19 Veterator

wrigleyvillain wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 15:03:
So it's accurate to say skiing in general is much improved now or...?

Im still getting caught on all kinds of things. I kept running into invisible barriers, I thought it was invisible players at first so I kept shooting each time I'd hit something.

This happened in places that previously didn't act as a barrier. Hell some of the ammo terminals won't let you on, or will trap and hold you until you manage to jet pack around enough to get loose.

4. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 13:00 Veterator

sc4r4b wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 12:21:
I can catch them most of the time. The idea is not to follow directly behind them. The shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line. Not to mention that you know where the flag goal is.

You guys are right though both changes are significant.

I play the path finder formerly "jumper" with a thrust pack, two capacitors,a bolt launcher, shotty, and nitron. Add me to your friends list if you're down.

Im not saying you can't catch them ever. It's just that when they have all those speed boosters and what not at their use while carrying the flag, the only people that can catch them are similarly equipped and skilled pathfinders.

If you miss them in the one encounter you'll have with them if you cut across their path trying to intercept, they are gone and you'll never catch up.

You'll often see these guys just sitting near their homebase making big U shaped back and forth runs, where they go up one hill as high as they can fly above it, then skii down it and cross to another hill where they fly as high as they can. It's really really hard to hit them and they are right where all their teammates spawn.

I wish they added a need for the generator to be up to capture flags, because at least then you wouldn't have to chase these annoying speed guys around for minutes on end, you could just run down to their generator and blow it up. Meaning part of their team would have to come off of flag offense and defense to actually be able to capture.

2. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 12:03 Veterator

Esoteric wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 11:20:
Nitron grenades now cause the user to drop their own flag if self-damage is caused. That's a pretty big change.

Appropriate too, the game becomes waaaaay too much flag recovery and you can never catch the guy because he has all the grenades, booster pack, etc. It's not even about having their team have to defend him, you just can't catch him for many minutes at times.

Saber launcher is about the best tool to use against the high flying pathfinders, and otherwise that weapon is dog crap compared to vehicles and near everything else.....Fix one shortcoming and it'd be better: Too long to lock, slow travel missile, not enough damage versus vehicles.

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
19. Re: Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled Mar 20, 2012, 11:58 Veterator

So is this in part because of the complaints of ME3 ending and what not?

It seems like awful weird timing otherwise.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
54. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 14, 2012, 02:55 Veterator

Weekend wasn't bad. But the week with it's lower populations is just rampant stacking, can only get in a round or two until a server is stacked to one side.

Hell I just go AFK at the beginning of a match for a minute or so and see if the teams are decided yet, because it can take a LONG time for the teams to stack up....then I decide if Im going to play. Just look at how the teams divide, if you see a couple gold players on one side, good luck.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2012, 02:49 Veterator

Sepharo wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 22:37:
I think it's more about demand* and I guess Metro Detroiter's have been demanding better theaters, I know I do.

As opposed to demanding higher prices, expensive concessions and generally a lousy experience. Or in other words, "Everyone does that."

That's annoying btw.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2012, 21:21 Veterator

I don't think it's entirely the theaters fault that they get low percentages on the movies they show, but more so the movie industry.

Since the theater is a distribution channel, but you don't actually own anything when you leave. Versus Best Buy being a distribution channel and all they have to do is stock an item among many items and sell it, and that's the entire experience when it comes to a single uncomplicated product.

But, it's certainly having an impact on the theater experience raising ticket prices to make up percentages, it's every 3 months or so around here. You wait a year and it'll be a dollar higher (non-matinee) to see a movie with no positive change in the experience (no new screen, sound, seats, etc...in fact everything is that much older and more worn plus still no crowd control or reliable temperature setting). All in efforts to upfront costs on movie experiences, and failing without other high percentage profit centers.

To me, it's another example of the *IAAs failing to concern themselves with consumer complaints and making it possible for a third party to fulfill them at a reasonable price.

Plus Im not entirely sure, but I think the movie theaters pay the *IAA for the right to even play the movie in the first place and then on top of that pay over those big percentages. They pay a fixed price whether anyone sees it or not if so.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
52. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 13, 2012, 08:29 Veterator

Played this game the past couple days......been in beta for awhile but I can't stand to play arena for very long so I stopped playing for a month or two.

I have two big complaints about this game that are kind of related to each other.

1) Team stacking, you'll know it's happening when it takes like 2 minutes to fill the teams on the next map. Everyone is trying to stack into one side or the other but can't until someone gives up and picks the other team. When it's bad, it COMPLETELY ruins the fun of the game. It will literally end up being like 7 minutes of flag caps, with possible base camping to boot.

2) When the teams are not well rounded (sometimes due to stacking), the whole CTF experience becomes a big mess. If all the flag runners join one side, you have no one to chase them. If no one has forcefields, it's hard to stop them. When people have the extra packs and stuff it gives them advantages you as a non-flag runner player will never match even if you are a decent player. I think this is related to stacking because it tends to be high ranked players who are runners, because flag capping gives stupid amounts of score compared to everything else.

And far below the other two 3) The classes don't seem quite balanced. Raiders have a lot of kick, and when they get mobile jammers they are better than the Sentinel jammers.

Technicians have no good ability to kill heavy classes, and their primary role is defense with their stationary turrets and repair gun (which is crazy slow considering how easy stuff blows up). And when the gen is taken out, your turrets are dead and you lose any advantage you might have had. It's quite infuriating to try to play one, because often the gens are just left dead by others even though the lack of radar, turrets, and forcefields really hampers the ability to defend the base from the run by flag guys.

And I keep reading about how people thing sentinels are really good, but their sniper rifles only does 500 damage when it's fully charged. Friggin juggernaut can kill half your team with one shell...like 1300 damage to each target. If someone plays this class I'd love to hear why it's so good, even the claymores do pretty crap damage...takes 2 or 3 of them to kill a light target usually.

The balance of the classes is OK, even tolerable when teams are pretty even on skillset. But the imbalances become really noticeable when you are doing what should be your classes primary role and someone comes in and eats your lunch for 5 minutes of the match at a time.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 08:35.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2012, 08:16 Veterator

Sepharo wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 12:27:
Veterator wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 08:06:
May be their business model, but it puts the emphasis on them providing food instead of providing a good movie going experience...........which is showing more and more.

Huh? I don't know how raising the price of concessions equates with putting more emphasis on providing them.

In Metro Detroit we have a chain called Emagine that is consistently voted and rated the top theater in the state. All screens are DLP, all sound is great, every theater has stadium seating and very nice oversized plush chairs with rocking backs and flip-up arm rests. They serve alcohol and at one of the newer locations they are combined with boutique bowling lanes. All the while ticket prices remain lower than what you would expect (but which apparently is the national average).

I refuse to go anywhere else if an Emagine theater is near. Couldn't tell you about their concessions, because beyond the occasional (strong) long island the bar is going to make for me I don't buy anything but a ticket.

You are taking as place that's part bar, part bowling alley, part restaurant, part movie theater, and a few other things. It's like a one stop entertainment place. People might go for the food, drinks, bowling, or movie. So it's hard to say that their movies are the attraction that brings people.

Now around here we have Showcase, Rave, and one other big one I can't remember the name of plus a bunch of theaters that only show older movies (which are quite horrible). They might have an arcade, but have concession stands stocked and marked up. I'd say half their staff works the concession stand on a typical night. Most theaters are usually too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer around here due to them not sending in people to check the thermostats until the movie is about 3/4th over.

They don't remove people for talking, and I've complained when people are especially bad. They don't check to make sure the movie is working properly most times, I had to complain about that....

They rely on snacks to profit, when the movie is why people go....but they don't make enough money off JUST movies to justify bringing up the quality level by removing problem people and what not.

There isn't a theater around here like your, and I don't blame you for not going anywhere else. But theaters like that are not typical and are not relying on movies to draw people exclusively like others. I don't even bother going to theaters but maybe once a year for something to do with friends I haven't seen in awhile if they want to go. All the theaters around here are aggravating rather than fun.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2012, 08:00 Veterator

Sue em and hope they'll buy you....so all the people with big shares can slap each other on the back and walk away after they screwed it up once already.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2012, 08:06 Veterator

May be their business model, but it puts the emphasis on them providing food instead of providing a good movie going experience...........which is showing more and more.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 9, 2012, 03:39 Veterator

Show improved toward the end.....

But it's a little shocking that this show is getting support to keep it alive while SGU barely did. And SGU ran for two seasons, have some decent background and built on an existing franchise to some degree.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2012, 21:59 Veterator

Theater food prices are absurd, so I don't buy stuff at theaters.

But I also don't go to theaters much anymore because people just absolutely ruin the movies for me. Ticket prices are still going up every couple months, and I don't see the point in paying more and still having people ruin it for me.

If they got their shit together and made it so it wasn't the worst possible way to watch a movie, then maybe the inflated prices might be worth something.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 8, 2012, 21:40 Veterator

I would assume all this trying to save Terra Nova is because people want something SciFi and are just tired of everything either being canceled, or threatened to be canceled, or just being screwed with so much in it's scheduling they might just as well have canceled it.

For all the people who watch SciFi, it seems like there's very little of it anymore that's worth a bother. Terra Nova isn't the shittiest show I've seen, but I think at this point people just want to save something so they can at least prove other shows might be viable.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailers
12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 8, 2012, 00:30 Veterator

Looks pretty good, wish they would have shown more things in the game besides one infantry type and weapon, tank, and one air vehicle.

I'd like to see if/how stealth is handled, if vehicles can be stealthed. How the various vehicles work and their features. Like the APCs who used to have a gun for every person in it, at least you had something to do while someone else drove.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2012, 19:12 Veterator

Stole this list from other people's post and deleted what I don't watch. No particular order, although there are some I watch as soon as I get em saved.

- Archer - How much they screw with this shows scheduling pisses me off.

- Spartacus - Newest season is a different vibe than the first season....it's good, just not as good.

- House of Lies - Decent show, some episodes are better than others.

- Dexter - Lots of ups and downs, I prefer a darker Dexter...he needs to get back to killing instead of having long rivalries each season.

- Homeland - Decent show, I put them off to watch a few at a time when it's airing.

- Fringe - Watch it every week, can't say I like this season as much as the others... If it ends up being truly canceled I'll be pissed since it's the best Sci-Fi show on Tv and I generally like their casting.

- Psych - Always good, they screw with it's airing too much.

- Lost Girl - Usually good, although they've been "building up" too much this season.

- New Girl - Good, Schmidt is probably the funniest on the show.

- Big Bang Theory - Used to like it more, anymore the shows feel repetitive.

- Person of Interest - Liked it more earlier in season, now there's too much going on with all the nemesis stuff going on.....might turn out to make the show better or might end up getting it canceled.

- The Good Wife - Seems to be slowing down...we'll see.

- Once Upon a Time - Kinda too kiddy on some episodes, but generally decent overall.

- How I Met Your Mother - Good, but I feel like this show is about to call it quits like they are wrapping it up.

- Walking Dead - As long as there is a few walkers in it each episode it seems to be pretty decent, but when they get into the "talk all the time" mode...it drags.

- Burn Notice - Good, but I agree it got pretty dull for awhile.

- Sons of Anarchy - Better in earlier seasons, too much inner plotting for my liking.

- Castle - Great show, some episodes more than others, but the bar for the show is much higher than most.

- Eureka - Thought it dragged, but hopefully it is really good in the last few episodes they give it.

- Justified - He needs to shoot more bad guys, because those ends up being the best episodes...

- Glades - Good, not great.

- Covert Affairs - Good, could be great but the family drama stuff is meh.

- Royal Pains - Solid good show, nothing particularly noteworthy, just a good show.

- Fairly Legal - Was good for it's first season, we'll see on rest.

- Warehouse 13 - Second best sci-fi on tv, it has tie ins with Eureka.....it may be a way to keep "Eureka" alive. Plus I like the whole idea of the show with the artifacts having powers and the general weirdness of the casting.

- Vampire Diaries - Lower end of good, something to watch. Sometimes interesting is best I can say about it.

- Sanctuary - Good, the show does too much. I'd prefer to see more characters rather than special FX and super-ginormous invasions, etc.

- Napoleon Dynamite - All the people from the movie (mostly) in cartoon form.

- Unsupervised - This show is surprisingly funny, the kid who works at the dump is great.

- True Blood - Im a fan of the books......the TV show has it's moments of being better but generally I find myself disappointed.

- Being Human - Brit show and US show, good.

- Californication - Nudity, sometimes funny.

- Shameless - This is a great show, it's just nuts.

- 2 Broke Girls - Probably my favorite comedy and one of my favorite shows on TV at the moment. Couple good looking girls, one who makes off color marks all the time.

- Blue Bloods - Good cop show.

- Southland - Better cop show.

- Breaking In- It got uncanceled so it's coming back.

- Breaking Bad - Last season, probably be one of the best shows to ever air.

- Community - I think they are cancelling it, but this is a really good show.

- Cougar Town - Decent...it's pretty consistent so if you see one and like it, you'll probably like most.

- Game of Thrones - Excellent show, big fan of the books (at least all but the last couple)

- Grimm - Mythology type show, I like these.

- Happy Endings - Funny...has Elisha Cuthbert and a Wayan in it.

- Haven - No idea if this show is coming back, but I thought it had a really good story going.

- Memphis Beat - Cop Show, more funny than serious.

- Misfits - Brit show, kids with super powers. They lost most of their cast this season, but their first season was awesome.

- Raising Hope - Good show, the grandma on there cracks me up.

- The Finder - New show, and I think it's pretty good. The guy's talent is finding things and he's a little whacked out in the head.

- The League - Fantasy football based comedy...I don't care for sports but this show is just hilarious.

- Mentalist - I like the show, I wish it would move along faster though on some stories.

Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad - When I I've ran out of other shows.

Craig Ferguson - When Im out of Family Guy or someone I like is on.

Long list, Im sure I missed a few. But I saw some of you had a number of shows I capture when they come on whenever. So figured I'd pass on a longer list.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2012, 00:29 Veterator

Im losing data all the time, the 0s in my bank account keep diminishing. Give me more 0s to add to my 1.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Web MMORPG Details
12. Re: Game of Thrones Web MMORPG Details Feb 29, 2012, 22:04 Veterator

Considering how many pages of his books are devoted to talking, politics, inner monologues, etc compared to the rest....

Good luck to them, I don't think it will make anyone feel like they are apart of the world and still be "popular".....too many people don't like to read and voicing/acting out an entire game is not going to happen.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo