Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Pickett

Real Name Bill Pickett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname headkase
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 5, 2007, 06:49
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 41707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE
9. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 19:27 headkase

Jago wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 18:32:
I came across an old article that said the PC version of Rage would be shipping with mod tools.

Can anyone confirm this? If so, hopefully there will be some skilled modders fixing this seemingly broken game.

Level Editor and 64-bit .exe planned once everything settles down:

Source.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on RAGE Tweaking
19. Re: More on RAGE Tweaking Oct 6, 2011, 08:50 headkase

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 08:44:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 01:58:
Glad nVidia is stepping up to the plate so quickly and helping their customers out. I am lucky to have had a pretty seamless experience with RAGE so far, and am honestly enjoying iD's newest quite a bit.. now if you'll excuse me I'ma go RAGETweak! ^_~

Agreed on all points - I'm having a good time. I'm 10 hours in and I believe I just finished the Dead City. I saw the review from the guy who played it through twice at roughly 9 hours and all I can think is he must really have A.D.D. or was trying to bull his way through so he could have something to say in his article. So silly.

Slow down and enjoy the game - it's quite good.

And I third this comment. I'm having a blast with RAGE and have done enough graphical tweaks that it looks pretty darn good.

News Comments > More on RAGE Tweaking
12. Re: More on RAGE Tweaking Oct 6, 2011, 04:03 headkase

RAGE is obviously geared towards console controllers. I'm playing it on PC with an Xbox 360 controller. It's perfect and I really do prefer the controller too! Looking at the menus and seeing people driving with keys you know the controller came first.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
121. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 17:31 headkase

FIXED DRIVER FOR AMD RADEONS: Note the "AMD Catalyst - Rage Performance Driver" link in *THIS* post now goes to the fixed driver. It's date is today instead of yesterday so that's how to tell them apart!

118. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:52 headkase

Fixed driver:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351811

IMPORTANT: if you are already running the defective Rage performance driver then do a custom install and manually select to reinstall the driver component. They have the same version number so Windows thinks they are the same when they are not.

100. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 14:56 headkase

CatalystCreator's tweet about half an hour ago:

http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/121289581055324161

So, going by that should get proper AMD RAGE drivers in about another 1.5 hours.

59. AMD Driver fix later today! Oct 4, 2011, 13:15 headkase

The current AMD "Rage Performance Driver" driver is crap, and this is why:

http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/121248985557118976

And the resolution is coming later today:

http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/121249111725969408

When? Don't know!

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
71. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 04:14 headkase

69 comments, I started reading at #1 and got to #28 before I just stopped reading. I think this thread takes the cake for number of children present.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC Sep 28, 2011, 10:41 headkase

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 09:23:
DLC aren't collectibles or something but if that's how you want to treat them then your money *shrug*

It's all good. Just started a new game and the extra stashes you start out with are a nice boost in caps at the beginning if you sell off what you don't need. Also you can disable whichever ones you like if you don't want an accelerated start.

The gun runners' is good too, already (in Goodsprings!) seen some of it in that vendor.

Basically, for me the DLC is worth it because it's just extra content. I've already decided that "I like" F:NV (and F3 before it!) so I just fill out the base experience with extras. To each their own.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC Sep 28, 2011, 07:08 headkase

I'm going to buy them both just so I have all the official DLC's. I did that for Fallout 3 as well. At least you don't have to go through the hoops of moving your DLC around in folders to get DLC working with mods like F3. Steamworks of all DRM's is the one that ticks me off the least especially compared to that F3 GfWL debacle.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
27. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 06:56 headkase

This is probably the same video and it's still up right now:

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=24112

You're welcome in advance..

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
2. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 27, 2011, 15:47 headkase

"Enforce EA's legal rights."

So, hypothetically, I have one legal EA game and 5 bagillion pirated ones. Will this software sniff that out and cause a good beat-down on my door? I'm actually not worried about that scenario right now as the behavior that would even start the chain of events I just don't do anymore.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow
5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 14:00 headkase

So this is it right? After this no more official DLC? 4 Major ones compared to Fallout 3's 5 isn't bad..  

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
28. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 13:37 headkase

If there was a prior agreement forbidding Square from distributing On-Live codes then that's that.

However, if there wasn't, and I am not a lawyer: I'm asking not stating so, does On-Live have a case of "tortious interference"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
20. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 12:53 headkase

Slashdot is running this story too:

Linky

Favorite comment? (what are they): "They're an upscale specialized pawnshop that happens to sell new games on the side."

Yup, that's Gamestop, EB Games.

9. Corporate Ass. Aug 25, 2011, 10:58 headkase

I already don't buy from Gamestop or their store in my area: EB Games.

Why? From the anemic PC games section they have and the huge "used" console sections it's obvious how they make their money. I stopped buying from them ages ago. Then Impulse was sold to them. I have Galactic Civilizations II and both expansions on that: it's the only way to get them. I also bought those previous to Impulse's sale. Future purchases from Impulse? Not going to happen.

Gamestop may have been able to get away with this contractually, but you know what? I'm not contractually required to purchase a damned penny from them.

News Comments > Skyrim Using Steamworks
35. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 13:08 headkase

Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:41:
headkase wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 09:03:
Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 08:52:
The PC gaming industry really needs some sort of universal DLC distribution schema.

It's been a firm opinion of mine for the last few years that the U.S. Library of Congress should store and provide credential-based access to all works, especially digital. They already have a copy of every written work: that is their mission. Getting all the digital ones and then modernizing with the Information Age in mind to include distribution I think is just what they should be doing. Of course, that would kill (or just obsolete) Steam.

Yeah I'd rather not have my digital download client managed by the fucking luddites that infest Washington D.C., thanks...

Creston

You're right, they ARE Luddites. That's why they're not doing it! The private sector always leads the way, but, eventually you need a national-scale project and by the time they're *not* Luddites the engineering to do it will be so well established they won't fsck it up. Well, they will, but it won't be that bad and it'll work most of the time!

27. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 09:03 headkase

Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 08:52:
The PC gaming industry really needs some sort of universal DLC distribution schema.

It's been a firm opinion of mine for the last few years that the U.S. Library of Congress should store and provide credential-based access to all works, especially digital. They already have a copy of every written work: that is their mission. Getting all the digital ones and then modernizing with the Information Age in mind to include distribution I think is just what they should be doing. Of course, that would kill (or just obsolete) Steam.

24. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 08:20 headkase

Kajetan wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 08:15:
headkase wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 07:33:
You know why they're using Steamworks? Paid DLC. Steam has the most mature digital payment and delivery system in practice today.
Steam for DLC mircopayment is understandable. But why Steamworks? Does Valve charge less, if you (the publisher) uses Steamworks instead of just putting the game on the Steam servers?

Steamworks FAQ -> See all the items in the sidebar to the right. Steamworks does many things. I think the most important thing it provides is a store, you as a developer don't have to worry about. And enough customers "in" that store to make it the biggest candidate.

21. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 07:33 headkase

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 06:15:
...Even the DLC did not have DRM on it, you could move it out of the GFWL folder and back it up freely. The launcher had a disc check on it but the normal exe did not.

Fallout 3 was DRM free.

You almost got it.. You know why they're using Steamworks? Paid DLC. Steam has the most mature digital payment and delivery system in practice today. I don't think Bethesda gives a rat's behind whether or not you have to put the disc in the drive, they just want a store where everyone (and if you're not part of "everyone" then you actually don't matter) already has an account to CONSUME!, er, buy! more!

Since I'm fully ensnared by Steam I think not having to put the disc in the drive is a bonus, but, I don't kid myself: it's all about future paid DLC for Skyrim to be Steamworks.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo