Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peters

Real Name Peters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname elefunk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2007, 14:55
Total Comments 1101 (Pro)
User ID 41586

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
29. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 6, 2009, 15:23 elefunk

Someone said DX11 isn't backwards compatible, I mean if it is then great news but if it's not, then I won't upgrade.
Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

DX11 as an API is absolutely backwards compatible with DX10 hardware. All of the optimizations for DX10-level effects will be seen with DX10 hardware running DX11.

Now, of course, on top of all those optimizations and such, there will be a few more possibilities that open up that you'll need DX11 hardware to utilize. But all that is unnecessary fluff, and certainly nothing "forcing" anyone to upgrade shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
25. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 6, 2009, 14:23 elefunk

My 8800GTX isn't even a full 2 years old and yet Microsoft are forcing everyone to upgrade again.
Who the fuck is "forcing" you to upgrade? The 8800GTX is still a damned fine card, and DX11 is backwards compatible to support it.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2009, 14:23.

News Comments > No HL2 Ep 3 News: Ha Ha; L4D2 Movies
17. Re: No HL2 Ep 3 News: Ha Ha; L4D2 Movies Jul 4, 2009, 17:46 elefunk

Yeah, the only actual logical conclusion in this vein is that Steam is spun off as another company, independently run from Valve. As they get more and more publishers on board, the conflict of interest between Valve advertising their own games on Steam vs. other publishers' games gets more apparent.

But Valve stopping development? That's gotta be one of the dumbest, most baseless conclusions I've ever heard in regards to the future of a game developer.

News Comments > No HL2 Ep 3 News: Ha Ha; L4D2 Movies
12. Re: No HL2 Ep 3 News: Ha Ha; L4D2 Movies Jul 4, 2009, 14:18 elefunk

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is still one of the best FPSs I've ever played. And it took me 6-7 hours to get through - really no different from any CoD game or other notable FPS from recent times.

I feel bad for people who get so caught up on the vocabulary of distribution that they're unable to enjoy the games for what they are.

Mark my words: Within 3 years Valve will simply be the company that runs Steam. They will no longer develop in-house.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2009, 14:24.

News Comments > TweetCraft
17. Re: TweetCraft Jul 3, 2009, 23:29 elefunk

If you follow people who make stupid tweets, it's your own fault.

If you follow people who post awesome, funny links, then Twitter is excellent.

Stop blaming others' incompetence for your inability to find the value in Twitter.

News Comments > L4D DLC & L4D2 Demo Plans
14. Re: L4D DLC & L4D2 Demo Plans Jul 2, 2009, 17:56 elefunk

Could it be that the massive nerd rage has gotten Valve's attention? Or were they planning this all along? Either way, if this DLC is priced higher than $0.00, I won't be needing it, thank you.
Of course it'll be free on PC, and only one of those self-inflated idiot members of the "L4D2 boycott group" could be dense enough to believe that they actually hold importance in the eyes of Valve.

They've said that this is what they were going to do all along, and there's nothing to suggest that this content is only coming as a response to the boycott.

I mean, just look at this shit: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott/announcements/detail/91345259241244077

Is that just plain sad or what?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Trine [Updated]
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Trine Jul 2, 2009, 12:54 elefunk

It was a temporary mistake, the $20 listing. It's still $30.

http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1754

News Comments > Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs
20. Re: Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs Jul 1, 2009, 17:50 elefunk

the crappy art scheme for diablo3
LOL so you're one of those people. Don't know why I expected better from Blue's, I guess.

Splitting Starcraft 2 into 3 games? How about waiting until they're actually out before deciding if this is ripping you off or not? What they've described seems awesome so far, with each of the 3 games being at least as large as the original game.

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 1, 2009, 16:27 elefunk

wtf? Calling me a fanboy? I think the lack of LAN in Starcraft II is a pretty piss poor decision.

What's fucking annoying is when companies like Blizzard to 20 billion things right over the years, and make one unfortunate mistake, so the bashing of that company for that one mistake spills over into every damned thread about that company regardless of its relevance to the topic they're bitching about in the first place.

4. Re: Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs Jul 1, 2009, 14:49 elefunk

You whiny bitches who spread "controversies" to totally unrelated threads are fucking annoying and terribly pathetic.  

News Comments > Three DLC Releases Planned for Red Faction: Guerilla
7. Re: Three DLC Releases Planned for Red Faction: Guerilla Jun 30, 2009, 15:57 elefunk

The good news - my friend knows one of the developers on this game, and they're supposedly going all-out for the PC version, developing it in-house, fully optimized, editor tools, the works. That is as opposed to Saint's Row 2, where they farmed out a pretty crappy port.

The console game sounds fricken awesome, and I can't wait to see what they do with the PC version.

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
97. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 15:07 elefunk

Im not so happy with this, me and my 2 lads love strategy games and ive trunked the whole house up and lan gamin is really great and fast. We play online aswell but we love playin against each other on our fast lan connection, so looks like starcraft 2 might not make our shelves.
If you're connected to enable online play, then what are you bitching about? That'll still be possible under this model.

It's not like Battle.net will coordinate all traffic - you'll still be connected peer-to-peer over your LAN, a direct connection, once Battle.net negotiates the stat tracking stuff. Just like all RTSs do.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 15:08.

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed
49. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed Jun 29, 2009, 19:59 elefunk

LAN play in South Korea. Yeah, like I'm sure Blizzard went "whoopsies!" and ignored the country that made Starcraft into a national religion
Well let me try to put it into perspective. I went to a LAN party here in Ontario, there was no broadband but everyone had a copy of starcraft to play, along with other games. It's still highly popular here. While in S.Korea, it's still highly popular, but not all LAN's there have broadband either. Some are impromptu events as well. The problem is a lot of people don't like plugging into unknown broadband networks. LAN's are generally okay, providing there's a level of security given.

So you know what I expect will happen?
Patch 1.01 -- LAN support added
That's my entire point - do you honestly think that Blizzard will not enable people to somehow play on a LAN that doesn't connect directly to the internet?

Of course not. That would completely undermine the communities in South Korea that formed directly because of LAN play.

There might not be something explicitly called "LAN play", but you bet your ass that there will be a method through Battle.net that allows you to play multiplayer without having an active connection to the internet.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 19:59.

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed
41. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed Jun 29, 2009, 17:34 elefunk

NERRRDDDDDDDDDDD RAGEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, LOL @ people who think this will "harm" LAN play in South Korea. Yeah, like I'm sure Blizzard went "whoopsies!" and ignored the country that made Starcraft into a national religion. Nope, no alternative solutions that make more sense to be had here! They just ripped out a feature with nothing to replace it with!

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 17:35.

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Support?
11. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Support? Jun 29, 2009, 14:37 elefunk

Way to screw over your fans blizzard, it's already bad enough you have to charge for 3 more campaigns, but denying LAN access? That's some real horseshit, and I know the competitive leagues won't take kindly to this at all. All those Korean tournaments take place over LAN.
Yes, I'm sure they're completely ignoring Korean tournaments when they made this decision. Not a chance in hell that they worked with Korean tournament leagues to get something different - something probably much better, even - to replace it.

Nope, screw all those millions of Korean gamers! Screw the entire nation that bows to Blizzard!

Ahh, another day, another case of premature nerd rage on the internet. I fucking love it!

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Support?
6. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Support? Jun 29, 2009, 14:11 elefunk

Ok, so this is probably a bit reactionary but WHAT THE FUCK? No COOP on Ghostbusters, no LAN support on Starcraft.

Are they trying to force us all to consoles???
I'm sure that's exactly what they're trying to do. Makes perfect sense, after all, since Starcraft II isn't coming out for consoles. Why the hell would they want to sell their game?

Of course Blizzard doesn't actually have a reason for doing this outside of forcing you to consoles. Why did you make such an obvious post?

News Comments > Aliens RPG Cancelled
37. Re: Aliens RPG Cancelled Jun 28, 2009, 00:46 elefunk

Sorry, instead of looking pessimistically on the past, I simply enjoy the amazing games that there are and that I still have far too little time to play. Especially far too little time to be jaded as fuck and spend time on message boards every day bitching about "BACK IN MY DAYYY"  

35. Re: Aliens RPG Cancelled Jun 27, 2009, 23:38 elefunk

Sounds like you're paying too much attention to hype and the gaming media and too little attention to the huge array of games that have been coming out under the radar.  

33. Re: Aliens RPG Cancelled Jun 27, 2009, 22:17 elefunk

"Gaming has stagnated", damn, don't bring me down. I'm too busy having fun with Arma 2, Demigod, Dawn of War II, Zeno Clash, and tons of other amazing games from the last year or so. Now that gaming has stagnated, I guess I'm no longer allowed to have fun.

And with Dawn of Discovery and Cities XL on the horizon, with Trine, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and other great-looking games coming soon, the timing couldn't be worse :-(

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2009, 22:20.

News Comments > Trine Demo, Dates
13. Re: Trine Demo, Dates Jun 26, 2009, 00:51 elefunk

Latest WHQL Win7 x64  

1101 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo