Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peters

Real Name Peters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname elefunk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2007, 14:55
Total Comments 1101 (Pro)
User ID 41586

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > No MW2 Dedicated Server
127. Re: No MW2 Dedicated Server Oct 19, 2009, 12:50 elefunk

Full Steamworks integration wasn't confirmed either. They said they'll be using VAC, and that MW2 would have more Steam support than previous games, but that could mean a lot of different things.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details
29. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Oct 15, 2009, 15:56 elefunk

No....I'm pretty fucking sure I paid for the game, not the demo, because I could get it for $33.75. The fact that I might get the demo a week before everyone else had absolutely nothing to do with that decision.  

22. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Oct 15, 2009, 15:12 elefunk

LOL you think that the pathetic "boycott" group was responsible for Crash Course?

You're just as deluded as they were.

14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Oct 15, 2009, 13:37 elefunk

Nameless, don't worry, I always leave my ass free for you to have first dibs.  

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Oct 15, 2009, 13:19 elefunk

You don't have to like it, but you can't deny that Valve releasing the demo first to preorderers, and then later to everyone else, makes perfect business sense.

-People on the fence might preorder just to get access to the demo early
-People doubtful still have a chance to try it out 2 weeks before release
-Initial bugs during the first week of the demo won't turn people off from buying the game, since they already bought it
-Initial bugs will probably be ironed out by the time the demo is available to everyone else.

But yeah, hopefully the demo includes scavenge and versus...I want to get my hands on those new boss infected :-D

I'll definitely check out the demo.... if I'm not too busy playing Borderlands.
Yeah, same here. I love these freaking Steam 4-packs. Already bought both Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 for $33.75 each! The total cost of both put together would be the cost of one game had I paid retail on 360 + sales tax.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2009, 13:22.

News Comments > L4D2 Campaigns Confirmed
5. Re: Zombieland Oct 13, 2009, 01:24 elefunk

The one thing they have always absolutely guaranteed is that all Left 4 Dead user-made content will work perfectly fine in Left 4 Dead 2. I have to imagine the same will hold true for Valve's content in Left 4 Dead.  

News Comments > Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed?
17. Re: Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed? Oct 12, 2009, 15:31 elefunk

base defense based FPS

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 15:31.

11. Re: Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed? Oct 12, 2009, 14:06 elefunk

It's kinda weird the way you and Dagok have to rush to Valve's defense in any valve related thread, lmn8r...
It's pretty telling how pathetically angry you guys are at Valve that you consider my previous post a "defense" of Valve.

Really? Pointing out a guy's comedically hyperbolic and repetitive posting habits is now a "rush to Valve's defense"?

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 14:08.

5. Re: Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed? Oct 12, 2009, 11:25 elefunk

It's kinda cute how Surf still thinks his opinion is fresh and new and relevant, even though he's posted the exact same thing in pretty much every L4D2 thread.  

News Comments > Crytek UK's New IP Plans
9. Re: Crytek UK's New IP Plans Oct 9, 2009, 03:46 elefunk

I could predict every single one of these replies hours ago when Blue first posted this topic. Blue's is so cynical, retarded, and predictable these days. Don't you guys have anything better to do than to bitch and moan about the exact same hyperbolic, unrestrained, seething hatred you all have towards Crytek?

It would be quite sad, if it weren't so damned hilarious!

News Comments > $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign
63. Re: $25 Mil on L4D2 Ads Oct 6, 2009, 18:18 elefunk

Left 4 Dead sold millions of copies. Left 4 Dead 2 has more preorders than Left 4 Dead had, and that's before any sort of marketing campaign began.

You can delude yourself with these ideas that Valve is either lying about preorder numbers, or trying to negate the "boycott" attention, but it's simple occam's razor logic of the simplest, most direct answer says that the "boycott" has been a fucking joke, and totally unrepresentative of real people who live outside of message board drama.

Sure, the marketing campaign will help to boost those sales even further, but it's by no means necessary in the least to get gamers interested.

60. Re: $25 Mil on L4D2 Ads Oct 6, 2009, 15:43 elefunk

Also we might stop hearing you and Dagok defend it endlessly, you two are like the Valve PR duo. Another pro to the game potentially sucking. Just sayin If the game is good then we will hear non-stop I told you so's from the obnoxious people who will ignore that the sequel itself isn't what people were angry about in the first place. If the game is just ho-hum then I expect the status quo of 2-5 fans vs 30 haters to continue.
For someone who claims that the "status quo" consistes of "2-5 fans vs 30 haters", it's quite ironic that you're posting in a thread where Valve themselves say that Left 4 Dead 2 is by far the most highly anticipated, most highly-preordered game they've ever released.

54. Re: $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign Oct 6, 2009, 12:35 elefunk

Does anyone think L4D2, pushed out in a year, costs more than Gears of War 2?
Why do you care if Valve spent twice as much on marketing as development? Three times as much? Four times as much?

Why does it matter?

Why do you care?

Buy the game, or don't buy it, based on the game's quality. I loved Left 4 Dead, I preordered Left 4 Dead 2 with some friends in a 4-pack for less than $35 and will probably love that game too. Development costs, marketing costs - why does it matter what the ratio is?

If the ratio should have been rebalanced to place more resources on development, then so be it - the quality will suffer, reviews will be poor, and you don't have to buy it.

19. Re: $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign Oct 6, 2009, 00:14 elefunk

Left 4 Dead 2 had a significantly larger team for the entirety of its development than Left 4 Dead ever had at any point in its development. Barely $1 million budget? Are you fucking insane? There were probably 40+ people working on the game, maybe averaging around $100k or more - Bellevue isn't exactly an inexpensive town, Valve isn't going to cheap out on paying them.

Left 4 Dead 2 has a shitload more content in it than Left 4 Dead had in it, even today after the couple of small DLC packs were released for it. Worth $15? Again, are you fucking insane? Maybe you didn't like Left 4 Dead, but for people who liked Left 4 Dead, L4D2 is easily looking like an awesome package, which is why......

...Left 4 Dead 2 has a shitload more preorders, and a whole lot more interest, than Left 4 Dead had. And Left 4 Dead sold millions in short order. Left 4 Dead 2 will be even more successful on all fronts.

Internet nerd-ragers thinking they're influential and representative of the norm? Check!

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin
29. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 20:17 elefunk

How exactly do the 4-packs work? Does the purchaser enter the steam IDs of the other 3 users at time of purchase? Or does he just have the ability to gift 3 licenses? I've never gifted anything on steam.
You get 4 copies for your account, and you just gift them out after the fact.

25. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 18:20 elefunk

How about the Diablo 2 expansion pack? That provided a huge amount compared to D2
I'm not sure if it was more, but I remember it was a heck of a lot reading about it before I bought it when it came out..
Not at all. Lord of Destruction was an awesome expansion pack, but it contained *one* new act alongside its various new items, monsters, and other tweaks like a higher resolution. It is still, however, not an example that proves that Left 4 Dead 2 - containing significantly more than the entirety of Left 4 Dead 1 + post-release content - can be considered an expansion pack too.

24. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 18:18 elefunk

For people who want to buy the game at a cheaper price, find 3 friends who want to buy it too. Get the 4-pack, distribute the copies among your friends, and you're looking at a total of $32.75 each. Quite a fair price for people who don't want to pay the full $45-50!  

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 15:22 elefunk

Thanks for strengthening my point, by providing names of the largest expansion packs that you could possibly think of, yet having them still be smaller in size, scope, and content quantity than the base game they're expanding on.  

6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 14:57 elefunk

Funny. Years ago, when you got a game with new monsters, new weapons and new maps, but the same core engine and gameplay, it was called an expansion pack. ...and priced as such. Ah, how the PC gaming scene has stumbled.
Name a single time throughout all of history that an "expansion" had a shitload more content than the entire game + additional post-release content that it's "expanding" on.

News Comments > The Incredible Machine Series Bought, Reissued
16. Re: Game Reviews Oct 1, 2009, 17:30 elefunk

I honestly don't see how the "art style" is any different from classic IM games or why you would need to turn the camera around at all to be quite honest, given what kind of a game it is, but to each his own.
The reason you need to move the camera around is precisely because of how absolutely terrible, jarring, and distracting the background textures are. Half of the pieces get hidden in these ugly patterns, and I found myself adjusting the camera all the time just so that I could more easily recognize what the hell I was looking at.

1101 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo