Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Conan

Real Name Conan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Conan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 29, 2007, 01:30
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 41422

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Soldier of Fortune: Payback
26. Bad news Nov 14, 2007, 19:36 Conan

Before buying this game I strongly suggest that you do some investigating on this shit hole of a game.

I'm hearing nothing but bad reports.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2, Portal, and Steam Patches
23. Re: Bah! Nov 1, 2007, 20:52 Conan

Sponge is Quake-war fanboy....he can't tolerate any game that might interfere or compete against his precious little game.

Having said all that, I find TF2 to be easy enjoyable game that time just flies when playing. I give 2 thumbs up.

News Comments > On Battlefield 2 Exploits
11. Re: Stats Aug 11, 2007, 23:53 Conan

You have to ban Sith, Cronus, Moley, Celtic, Neifim, Irish, Volorn

Stat mean my pennis is smaller....i need stat to prove I'm a man.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Stats Compensation
9. To Funnt Aug 9, 2007, 20:50 Conan

Man this is to funny. People getting all bent out of shape when there stats are not recorded. People that play for ranks/stats really need to get a life.

News Comments > Quake Zero Unveiled
23. Re: why? Aug 5, 2007, 12:55 Conan

Conan, did ID touch you in the bathing suit area when you were little?

Are you saying they're pedophiles? If so please back that up with subtends. Or are you just talking out of you're ass again.

18. Re: Milking that old cow Aug 5, 2007, 03:17 Conan

Wow, you are either very cynical, anti-ID, or trolling.
You have a problem with a company spending years and millions of dollars into a new engine, inventing new tech, etc and then *gasp* selling it? Do you not grasp how expensive this kind of work is?

Then i guess you have no problem paying full price for DVD of Gladiator...or a CD of Pink Floyd with advertisements all over the place.

Quake 3 is a fun game old game which already made just about all the money it's going to make (barring some Steam sales), and its requirements are pretty low now-a-days. So they might as well offer it out a semi-free version (via ads). The money from the ads will probably cover the costs associated with porting their old game+engine to a web format, cover any supporting costs (bug fixes, etc), and give them a little profit.

Wonder who servers they're going to play on? Its not being supplied by id. Those server are paid for by clan members. Now it would be nice to have influx of new players. Is id going to share that revenue with them. Of course not.

A new game, or in id's case a new gaming Engine, is not a cheap thing. Why in the heck would you be lost as to why they would want to *sell* the friggin thing in the classic sense.

In case you haven't noticed. They sell the license to that game engine for millions of dollars.

But again your OK with advertising after paying 54.95 for the game. Same thing with DVD and Cd's.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 03:25.

17. Re: Milking that old cow Aug 5, 2007, 02:40 Conan

You sir, are a presumptuous cock, one of the level that probably says "Micro$oft" thinking he's sticking it to "the man."

Still being a shill for id/SD i see.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 02:42.

10. Re: Milking that old cow Aug 4, 2007, 21:07 Conan

WOW Sponge

By looking at your post i see your still sucking up to id/Splash Damage.

I have no problem with free games with ads....but come on. Why don't they give out Rage for free with advertisements. Oh i see...they rather sell that game for 59 dollars and still advertise to people. That after selling their soul to Massive Corp for dollar or two. So massive can spy on people with ad-ware/spy-ware.

1. Milking that old cow Aug 4, 2007, 13:58 Conan

Now if you really want to impress me id? then try giving out a new game for free....maybe RAGE. Instead of repackaging old games for your web-base games. All what your doing is milking an old cow for few extra bucks.

News Comments > New ETQW Beta
35. Greed Aug 4, 2007, 01:29 Conan

You got that right. That the direction id/SD/Active is heading.

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars in October
4. I second that Aug 4, 2007, 01:12 Conan

Yes i strongly suggest you do that......play the demo. Also parents should not allow your children play this game on your computer. Since id/SD/Active sold their soul to Massive Corp.

News Comments > More In-game Ads
37. Eidos Interactive sucks Jul 29, 2007, 23:44 Conan

Well i won't buy their products then.....beside i can't even think of one thing that they produced was worth anything anyway. My advise is to support game developers that have no ads...instead of those that have sold out. EA had started it, a big name developer as EA is struggling with blow back from that decision, we just need to keep up the pressure on those bastard that sold out. Another big name developer is id/SD with Quake-Wars. They sold out because of their own incompetent. Project Manager Neil Postlethwaite of Splash Damage own incompetents was the reason for ads......to cover his sorry ass in cost overruns and delays. Well take a look at the game developers.....bunch of kids that think they know everything but are just as incompetent as their manger.

I say reward those that produce quality games and punish those that sold out to Massive Corporation for a dollar or 2.....hell add that to the retail price instead. So what the game cost 55.95 or 56.95 instead of 54.95 dollars. Better then being spied upon.

And you know what is really stupid in all this.....young people, or kids are going to pay 54.95 for the game, and then go out and rent a ranked server for 124 dollars per month......only to have them advertise to them using their own server and not seeing any benefits....or profit from their hard work. And their going to have a smile on their face as their being bent over and ganged raped. Talking about being scammed.

We're a path that your going to pay 50 dollars or more for the game, monthly fee's of 3.95 only to be advertised too. Not to mention the spying that will go on in your computer....all the information of everything you click on well be used for data mining. And since you used your credit card to pay for monthly fee's, they may gather information from your credit card, if they sell your information....think about that.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 23:44.

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars to Include Ads
208. ET: QUAKE Wars to Include Ads Jun 28, 2007, 22:58 Conan

This is and open letter to Managing Director Neil Postlethwaite of Splash Damage's.

Allow me to start out with your announcement of in-game advertising. We all know the only reason you made your post, because of a mistake in having billboards in your game beta map. Otherwise you would of done what EA/DICE did, and have a white piece of paper fall out of the game box DVD, informing the consumer about spy-ware install on their personnel computer, after the consumer had already bought the copy of your game. This level of dishonest will not go unchallenged. It was obviously a mistake on your part since you made that announcement a day after the beta.

For the last four years, we've put all of our effort into making Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. So, we're not planning to ship this game and walk away. We want to keep supporting ETQW in as many ways as possible. We'll be maintaining the persistent stats servers and the community site, and continuing to support ETQW with updates and improvements.

It is your morale responsibility to support a product that you produced. That is a common business practice and the laws of our land up to a certain point.

Persistent stats servers are funded by higher game server prices that your OGSP [ Official Game Server Provider ] charges the consumers. And as far as updates.......that your best interest to update your product for your own reputation as a game producer.

Now for your spin on 4 years in making Quake Wars. Allow me to ask you a simple question. Is this the reason for in-game advertising to cover your cost overruns? Are you that incompetent as manger directer to produce a product on budget, and on time? Is this the real reason to advertise.....to cover your ass? If your answer is no.....then it must be greed.

To help cover this level of on-going support without passing the costs on to the gamer, ETQW will feature appropriate advertisements in select locations of our levels. The ads aren't intrusive and you won't have to interact with them; they'll just be part of the normal environment. In fact, there are some places it's quite odd not to have an advertisement - the sides of container trucks, for example. Great care is being taken to ensure that all our ads are appropriate for the game world and we have absolute approval rights in this area. If it's not appropriate or it's distracting, it won't go in.

What your passing to the consumers is snake oil. After your original deception about not following EA/DICE ranked servers........then about in-game advertising you expect us to believe those comments? To cover your cost? Again you just admitted that you went over budget. If your game is successful should their be a need to advertise in a game that consumers had bought? Wouldn't that be in kind of advertising in pay-per view channel?

Now in case you had forgotten. Most of us....who are older escape the real world by playing games on-line. The last thing we want is to have consumer products shoved down our throats when playing. That is the very reason is why you failed in the first place, as Managing Director of Splash Damage and Quake Wars. You had forgotten your roots.....as a gamer.

The company providing the ad system does not and will not store any personal information or data that otherwise can be used to identify you. All they track is if and how long you look at the advertisements.

This is a dangerous road to travel on if we as consumers except this.

For those of you participating in the upcoming beta, you will get a chance to see them for yourself very soon. And of course we will be releasing a demo prior to the retail launch of the game so everyone can check them out first.

Now this is were you deceive the public. You stated upcoming beta. [ As if you were informing the public before the beta ]You made this post after the first release of the beta!!! You realized that mistake and made that post. All what we have to do is check the dates on your forum when this post was made......and when the first beta release. Since i pointed that out on your forum....those post been deleted and i was issued Infractions.

Choosing to place ads in Enemy Territory was not a decision we made lightly. However, in doing so we hope to be able to provide a higher level of on-going support to the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars community than would have been possible otherwise.

Of course it was a hard decision to make. It was your incompetents that cause this decision in the first place. If you had produced this project on time and in budget this decision would never been made.

I'm sorry it had to come to this.......but your incompetent is not our problem. Nor should we be lied too, nor should we have to except in-game advertising because of your incompetents.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 23:52.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo