Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lesaonar

Real Name Lesaonar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lesaonar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 20, 2000, 20:12
Total Comments 126 (Novice)
User ID 4124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2009, 06:46 Lesaonar

Beta, not just open, has completely lost it's meaning. Imho this is also one of the primary reasons games aren't nearly as stable, and the majority of the time a shell of what people were actually expecting.

We've gone from companies looking for people who are knowledgeable in different aspects of both hardware and software, to 'closed beta' keys being tossed out to the 1st '100 respondents to this facebook post'. It's almost like developers just don't want to wade through all the beta apps to see if there's more than tools applying, which unfortunately has been the case for almost every beta I've been involved in for almost 10yrs now. There are exceptions to the rule, but those are a rarity and not the norm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Champions Online Retcon for Early Start Characters
10. Re: Game Reviews Sep 4, 2009, 07:10 Lesaonar

True, but you didn't have to pay $50~~ for a cd or installer.

Right, only $20 for the key.

8. Re: Game Reviews Sep 4, 2009, 04:25 Lesaonar

One thing about COX is you can download the installer and just pay for the game per month.

Except you also need an account key. So no you can't just download the installer and play COX.

7. Re: Free Champions Online Retcon for Early Start Characters Sep 4, 2009, 04:00 Lesaonar

So glad I got a refund on my pre-order...  

News Comments > Champions Online Subscription Plans
29. Re: Champions Online Subscription Plans Aug 4, 2009, 19:08 Lesaonar

your all so good at painting Roper as the Supervillian of the gaming industry.

Exactly. Everyone's great at regurgitating what they read. I doubt any of the detractors, in this thread, even played H:L.

1 person alone does not kill a title. But most of the mouthbreathers here have their blinders on and haven't a clue how a company works, let alone a game developer. Yet they have no qualms thinking they could do a better job, which is completely unrealistic. If half the negative nellies, that post here about Roper and how horrible he is, were running the industry we'd have less what than what we do now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2009, 21:12 Lesaonar

Crunchpad link doesn't work  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2009, 16:20 Lesaonar

80% less e coli doesn't guarantee you won't get it, it just means you have less chance of getting it. If it's not slaughtered properly you can still get e coli. All it takes is someone to nick the stomach or the bowel and you've got tainted meat, regardless of having 80% less e coli in the system.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2009, 17:33 Lesaonar

I as well blame Scientology, as well as Jett's parents, but not regarding Kawasaki's syndrome.
This has to do with Autism, something there's been a lot of conjecture about in news stories. The way scientology deals with the diagnosis of autism, is to shun the person diagnosed. So it's extremely understandable why Mr Travolta has been so emphatic that that is not what Jett was diagnosed with. If you look really closely at a lot of the videos that have recently surfaced, you'll notice that Jett takes a lot of cues from the people handling him, especially in social situations. Even his father grabs his arm to make sure he stays with him in front of the cameras and not continue on to the mode of transportation they're using. Autistics have major issues regarding social situations. They don't pick up facial cues, nor do they pick up verbal cues that well. You'll also notice he averts direct eye contact, another classic autistic symptom. Since autism is a spectrum disorder, it is also possible that his seizures were due to that as well, as some autistics do have seizures not affiliated with other diseases and these seizures usually rear their ugly head in the 12-15yr age range.

Having a son of my own that's autistic has been quite the educational experience, an education that is not going to allow the Travolta's mouthpiece to pull the wool over my eyes regarding his death or the fact Jett clearly shows classic signs of being autistic.

News Comments > Asda Story Open Beta & Fun Guarantee
2. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 15:14 Lesaonar

I dunno about everyone else, but I know well in advance of level 40 if I'm enjoying the game or not.

News Comments > On Outsourced Development
21. Re: Games Cost $$ Jul 21, 2008, 12:06 Lesaonar

'Rogue has been gone for years.'

Same company... Rogue changed their name to Raven...

15. Re: Games Cost $$ Jul 21, 2008, 02:37 Lesaonar

'So you're saying id sold the rights to the Quake 2 universe for two fledgling companies to make expansions for Quake 2?'

Rogue is/was hardly a fledgling company. I guess they were so fledgling that they couldn't afford to have put out Hexxen either, right? They're now Raven software. No idea if Xatrix was fledgling or not.

And none of this is accusation or conjecture, it's fact. Anyone that was active in the gaming community back then was more than aware of the practice, which jasn't changed at all. It's no different than one developer paying another developer to use their game engine (Duke Nukem Forever anyone? How many engines have they paid licensing fees for now? 4-5?).

10. Re: Games Cost $$ Jul 20, 2008, 23:22 Lesaonar

'Quake 2 had outsourced expansion packs'

Neither expansions were outsourced. Rogue and Xatrix bought the license to use the code. There's a huge difference between outsourcing (cheap) and paying id for the right to use their code.

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
60. This was almost believeable... Mar 4, 2008, 06:16 Lesaonar

I love a good intelligent rant. But this definitely isn't one of them. Not even 3 paragraphs in he complains, and I quote 'One guy went so far as to say he'd bought the retail game and it was having the exact same crashes, so it must be the game itself. This was one of the most vocal detractors, and we got into it a little bit. He swore up and down that he'd done everything above-board, installed it on a clean machine, updated everything, still getting the same crashes. It was our fault, we were stupid, our programmers didn't know how to make games - some other guy asked "do they code with their feet?". About a week later, he realized that he'd forgotten to re-install his BIOS update after he wiped the machine. He fixed that, all his crashes went away. At least he was man enough to admit it.'.

Anything else past that has as much credibility as that statement alone. He's essentially saying that any time one wipes their HD, they need to reapply a BIOS flash. Irony at it's finest. Complain about someone not being able to play the game, due to lack of understanding of their hardware, yet hasn't even a scintilla of knowledge regarding what he's complaining about? That whole paragraph is nothing but falacy, which puts any other statement he made into question.

News Comments > Age of Conan Not Censored
22. Re: nerfbat Feb 6, 2008, 04:24 Lesaonar

Actually this will affect gameplay. Think about it.

Sorry I should've said game mechanics, which is the only thing nerfing covers. And it's only going to affect gameplay if you actually need that to make the game world as it was originally written. Or need to finally be able to pull your pud to a digital rendering of a woman you'd never get to see that way in RL. Not all of us are pimply faced little geeks that need digital nudity to make our lives seem more fulfilled. I'll look to my wife for any RL nudity I'll need.

Either way, it's not that important.

News Comments > Age of Conan Not Censored
2. Re: nerfbat Feb 5, 2008, 21:31 Lesaonar

Sorry mate, but this is hardly nerfing the game as it's not going to remotely affect gameplay.

News Comments > New Horizons, Again
2. Re: Wow Aug 19, 2007, 18:02 Lesaonar

Just let the game die allready. Was a great idea at the time, now it's just an albatross around any company's neck.

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
1. Um yeah... Mar 9, 2007, 19:37 Lesaonar

Can't pirate an MMO? Someone's been living under a rock... Never heard of emulated servers? Especially WoW. Easily downloadable client from blizzard, quick change to a single file and you just pirated the entire game.

News Comments > Subscription Free ArchLord
6. No subject Dec 5, 2006, 04:00 Lesaonar

Free to play, but you still have to pay the $60 for the software. Beta'd it and no way in hell would I bother.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Is this link broken? Nov 13, 2006, 12:50 Lesaonar

Unfortunately, using the BBB isn't going to do a whole lot. There's nothing they can do to stop the NIMF from making false statements. A defamation class action is a different story, as long as the original documentation can be found as used as evidence.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Auction link May 6, 2006, 01:02 Lesaonar

Maybe it's just me, but possibly more a perception ideology. I don't see jesus at all in the ultrasound, what I do see is the grim reaper with his right arm up flipping the bird. I'm not being sarcastic either, that's exactly what I see

This comment was edited on May 6, 01:02.

126 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo