Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lesaonar

Real Name Lesaonar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lesaonar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 20, 2000, 20:12
Total Comments 126 (Novice)
User ID 4124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham World?
4. Re: Arkham World? Dec 11, 2011, 23:57 Lesaonar

Please don't let it be an MMO.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
116. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 09:42 Lesaonar

Kevin Lowe wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 09:10:
You read it wrong. He's saying that, if Rage had been PC exclusive, it would have had a much smaller budget, and that he'd rather have the budget to realize his team's vision, even if it means a rough launch like this one.

You can agree or disagree, but at least read what he's saying before doing so.

Actually reverse that statement because you obviously read it wrong. What he said was if they'd been budgeted to expend the same dollar amount for the PC port, it would've been a comparable experience. Their design point was to create the game for consoles and the majority of their budget was used for the development of a console title and a small portion of the budget was spent on the PC port.

"A game built with a tenth the resources on a platform 10 times as powerful would be an inferior product in almost all cases"

So yes you can agree to disagree, but take your own advice and actually read the article.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway
26. Re: Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway Sep 16, 2011, 18:09 Lesaonar

Frijoles wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 12:29:
Fuck you, Facebook.

Totally agree. FB hasn't been about social networking for a looong time now. All it is now is a marketing tool and haven for hate groups. Google+>Facebook.

News Comments > Hellgate Tokyo Next Week
1. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 15, 2011, 23:47 Lesaonar

WTH? When did the IP get sold?  

News Comments > DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak
3. Re: DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak Sep 6, 2011, 15:28 Lesaonar

Crap. A friend gave me a key saying he had a spare. I wonder if it was one of these. :/

More than likely. Make sure to kick the shmuck really hard in the nads, cause if it is you just got banned.

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
51. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 29, 2011, 00:38 Lesaonar

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 23:40:
Yeah those people haven't provided one example how EA violated their family or homes yet though I am just extremely pissed when people rant and rant without actually providing at least a proper anecdote.

Having your feelings insulted by imaginary moral values that are not met by a corporation (like thats a surprise ,p) is not a proper rant-reason. Nor is it an anecdote, or a logical non-flawed argument.

But i admit i was trolling this topic because i love poking at EA haters, they all will buy BF3 anyway (if they even remotely ever cared about Battlefield that is)

I don't hate EA, I own quite a few of their games, none of the FPS' since I really could care less about them. Now, since I made the mistake of buying those games through EADM (which is now Origin), and none of this data collection garbage was an issue at that time, I have to install Origin to even get access to them. Am I going to install Origin knowing that they're going to collect data on everything that I do on any of the systems it would be installed on? Um no. Would I care if the data collected was within the scope of the games they sell? Nope. But that's not the case.

48. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 28, 2011, 19:05 Lesaonar

RogNog wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 13:31:
Would'nt argue with that, but they have moved in the right direction.

They're still collecting information on everything you do. That's not a different direction, that's spyware.

26. It's still spyware... Aug 27, 2011, 22:03 Lesaonar

They tweaked a bit here and there but it still remains that they are gathering information outside of the scope they should be. They might not be selling the info, which I really could care less about, but they still are gathering information on everything you do on the system(s) Origin is installed on. They should be limiting the scope to the games sold over Origin/EADM. Anything broader and it's spyware by definition.  

News Comments > Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP
2. Re: Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP Aug 24, 2011, 10:48 Lesaonar

Of all people they had to pick the world's biggest douche bag. Rifle  

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
79. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 11:48 Lesaonar

I'll quit gaming.  

76. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 11:38 Lesaonar

just pretend it's rotting, come on...give it to me. You're not protesting by not using it.

Welcome to ignore, just like the beggars I deal with IRL everyday.

75. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 11:35 Lesaonar

So what digital distribution service will you move on to next? I hate to say it, but it seems society is moving in that direction....

I'm not 16 anymore so I could care less about what 'everyone else' is doing. Peer pressure is for children and fools...

37. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 02:27 Lesaonar

Can I have your account then? If you are serious about never using it, might as well give it to me and not let it go to waste.

I would've given it to one of my friends if that's what I wanted. Letting the account rot is my way of protest. Nobody will get the account.

32. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 02:05 Lesaonar

After my last customer service nightmare with Valve, Steam won't be installed on a single system in our house. In fact the site is completely filtered so none of the systems that connect to the router, yes even friends that come over for LAN parties, will be able to even reach it. Could care less about all the games that are still on my account, it'll remain unused. Valve can get bent...  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
42. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 17:31 Lesaonar

I lost interest with ID after Quake 2, so meh. Have really good memories of qtest and winquake as well as Zoid's CTF and CTF 2 addons. After that they pretty much lost the vision, imho. Too many reboots of previous IP's. All they are now to me is a company others will use their tech for their games. Don't even get me started on quake live...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2011, 20:25 Lesaonar

Can't say that the idea of poaching the chicken 1st sounds like an appetizing alternative. If it's not done right, expect it to be rubbery.  

27. Re: Rowan Atkinson Aug 9, 2011, 02:21 Lesaonar

Anyone know if he is out of the hospital? Was a note here the other day he was sick or something?

Car accident, sadly. Haven't heard any updates since the original story broke.

Rowan Atkinson recovering after F1 McLaren crash

23. Re: Best roast Turkey Aug 8, 2011, 23:49 Lesaonar

nin wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 21:29:
Drizzle the bird with olive oil and massage the bird so it's totally covered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0m_o2gxbsU&t=2m17s ?

YAY for Mr. Bean! That's still one of my fave episodes. XD

19. Re: Best roast Turkey Aug 8, 2011, 20:56 Lesaonar

I was watching Alton Brown and he did a really cool roasted turkey. So major props to him for making me want to switch it a bit. You can brine the bird, as he did, but I didn't find it necessary. Thought I'd share this since there are other foodies here that enjoy good turkey. I was a professional cook for 15yrs.

Turkey, completely thawed or fresh
Carrots, onions, celery, apples
Thick cut bacon
Olive oil
Smoked salt
Cracked pepper
Sage
Chicken or Turkey stock.

Preheat oven to 500F/260C

Wash the turkey, inside and out. Pat dry.

I like to put the bird on a stand in the roasting pan, to keep it out of the juices, and place the carrots, onions and celery (Large chunks of veg) around the stand. You can also just put the bird on the chopped veg if you want.

Put about 3 cups of stock into the roasting pan. I recommend Better Than Bouillon concentrated paste.

Drizzle the bird with olive oil and massage the bird so it's totally covered. Sprinkle smoked salt, cracked pepper and sage on the skin. Cover the breast and thigh/legs in bacon slices. Stuff the cavity with apples.

Put the bird in the oven, uncovered, for the 1st 30 mins. Drop the temp to 250F/120C for the remainder of the cooking time and cover the bird until it's cooked (internal temp of 161F/71C).

Let the bird rest, covered in tinfoil shiny side down, for 30 mins or so.

The drippings that are left are mmm mmm good!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 20:53 Lesaonar

Enahs wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 11:25:
I am not sure how having the grill closed is a problem.

Never leave the grill open when grilling. You only open it when you flip....

Depends on what you're doing. Lid on if you want the grill to be an oven (whole turkey/chicken, pork shoulder etc or if you're smoking anything), lid off if you're just grilling (steaks, chicken/turkey pieces, hamburgers etc). For grilling you want just the direct heat below, not completely surrounded like with lid on.

Edit: Don't forget to use a wet pan if you're using the lid on method, otherwise you'll end up with dry meat.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2011, 20:59.

126 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo