Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lesaonar

Real Name Lesaonar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lesaonar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 20, 2000, 20:12
Total Comments 128 (Novice)
User ID 4124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Time of Defiance Trial
3. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2004, 02:47 Lesaonar

Played it for about an hour or 2. Wasn't at all impressed. EVE was 20x better than this imho as was Earth and Beyond.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New ForceWare Drivers
23. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2004, 15:16 Lesaonar

Ban his racist ass as well... Let's just hope the dumbass never breeds.

News Comments > Infinium vs. [H] Follow-up
27. Re: How they chose beta testers Feb 20, 2004, 19:21 Lesaonar

Beta started a few months back, or at least that's when they chose the testers. Pretty much stopped frequenting their boards once I found out how testers were chosen.

News Comments > Infinium vs. [H] Follow-up
25. How they chose beta testers Feb 20, 2004, 17:40 Lesaonar

Rather funny that this came up recently. Having applied for their 1st beta I was shocked that the actual choices were made by what fanboi posted more to their message boards rather than previous hardware/software alpha/beta experience. That alone speaks volumes to me on whether it will be a quaility product...vaporware or not.

News Comments > DAoC: New Frontiers Announced
39. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2004, 02:11 Lesaonar

'You see, I don't like any of the mmo's out. That puts me in the distinct place of being able to objectionally review them.'

Actually, and not trying to argue with you, but being on either the disliking side or the atypical fanboi side is pretty equal. Neither sid can actually objectively review a game. You dislike it therefore your review is allready tainted because you don't like it.

As for AO? Hell yes, really great game. I still play it on occasion and enjoy my engineer quite a bit and have even when people couldn't stand the class and decided to go with FoTM classes.

-Similar Equipment upgrade schemes

Wrong. Majority of people playing prior to TOA used completely customisable PC gear, not drops.

-Similar approach to gaining powerful items

Similar yes, but name one MMOG out that isn't? Including AO.

-Hitpoints and Mana, as well as exp.

Wrong again, albeit only a differnce between power (daoc) and mana (pretty much every mmog out.

-Auto atack monsters while occasionally preforming special attacks.

Pretty much on the button there, But TOA also added a whole bunch of new 'artifacts, that can add a completely different aspect to the auto atack system.

-The need to kill to gain levels, only path avalable for gaining levels.

And no other MMOG is any different including AO.

-Long downtimes in most cases after battles.

Love to know where you got this one from concerning daoc. Downtime is minimal in the right group. Even moreso now with TOA artifacts.

-Higher level monsters require multipal players to defeat.

True.

-Guilds needed to achieve the most from end game content.

Wrong. There are a lot of people that rely on pickup groups and remain unguilded their entire time from 1-50.

-Minimal character personalization.

True, but who really cares? Do I really need to have a char with buck teeth and spotted hair to be unique? No that comes from playing a class the way you play it and interacting with people.

-Class based level up systems

No different than any other mmog including AO.

-Character Races with the major differences being statistical (Str, agi...)

And this would be a problem because?

-Roleplaying is rare and generaly looked down on, expecialy in combat.

Wrong, and the more you type, the more narrow minded and trollish you seem. RP is alive and well, otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of players playing on the RP servers. Have you even on an RP server? Methinks not just from the pure rubbish of that statement alone.

-Money and time sinks in the form of crafts.

And here's another myth. Crafting is only a money sink if you choose to do nothing but hunt and not use the task system to pay for the craft itself.

-Similar chat systems.

So what? Moot point. Thanks for bringing it up.

-Fantasy themed.

OMG, people play fantasy games? Cower in fear all you AD&D players, you've been wasting your time in a fantasy game for over 30 years.

After reading a majority of your posts here, you sir are nothing but a troll. Majority of your points are invalid when attempting to use them to blanket an entire genre of games, most of which you're not even remotely familiar with it seems.
This comment was edited on Feb 19, 02:30.

23. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2004, 19:44 Lesaonar

"so..

If I had to choose between this and Final Fantasy XI...
what would YOU choose and why (or should I just wait for Everquest II or re-subscribe to Everquest I)?

thanks in advance"

FFXI is the suck. You can't choose teh server you play on, and unless your friends have been playing long enough to purchase a key to allow you to play on that server you'll be sadly screwed. Add in point and click movement and the inability to solo and you have a shite MMOG.

EQ2 will be a cross between Evercamp 1 and SWG. No need to reup to EQ1 when you can play EQEmu (http://www.eqemulator.net/main.php) and not pay Sony it's tithe.

I left EQ for DAoC 2+ years ago and have no intentions of going back to another SOE game. DAoC is actually a pretty nice game, but you have to understand the endgame is PvP. UXO on the otherhand, I'll end up trying. Wow looks nice, but if their message boards are any indication of the mentality to expect ingame I'll pass. If I wanted to associate with a bunch of 12 yr olds flexing their ePenis, I'd go to the local 'hangout'.

21. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2004, 19:38 Lesaonar

"DAoC is EQ light with RvR. End of story."

Then you've obviously not played the new expansion, Trials of Atlantis. The new expansion is nothing but EQ in a DAoC wrapper.

News Comments > Consolidation
5. Re: M$ would be stupid and crazy... Feb 2, 2004, 16:31 Lesaonar

Someone call AMD about IBM manufacturing Athlons. They're obviously infringing on intellectual rights. IBM PC's can contain Athlon processors, but IBM does not manufacture them. AMD maintains the facilities for manufacturing Athlon processors.

News Comments > WoW Beta Sign-ups Begin
31. Hacks/cheats and radar progs. Jan 29, 2004, 20:09 Lesaonar

There's no way in hades they'll stop all exploits, especially radar progs that sniff packets. No MMOG to date has stopped radar progs and WoW isn't going to be any different no matter how great a history Blizzard has on dealing with hacks/cheats.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 20:10.

News Comments > WoW Beta Sign-ups Begin
13. Re: Registration is down <sigh> Jan 28, 2004, 23:41 Lesaonar

It's up for a week so what's the problem? Big deal if you can't sign up for beta tonight. Hth is that 1 step forward and 2 back? If you didn't expect this to happen then you deserve the aggrivation you caused yourself. The reg page isn't down, there's 500k ppl trying to access it at the same time.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 23:42.

News Comments > Conan Demo
5. Re: didn't work for me Jan 12, 2004, 12:24 Lesaonar

Same boat as the 1st poster only a GeF 4 Ti 4200 128 MB.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Horizons
22. Worst MMOG to date. Dec 9, 2003, 21:12 Lesaonar

I've beta tested a lot of MMOG's in my time (EQ (and a ton of the addons), AC1 and 2, Eve Online, AO, Earth and Beyond, DAoC (and all ot their addons and freebie packs)) and this has to be the worst MMOG I have ever tested. Crafting is a joke and is nothing 'groundbreaking' as they claimed and leveling had to be the most boring experience I have ever had. Too many companies are expecting the 'WOW' factor to sell their games due to a nice shiny gaming engine that makes everything look 'pretty'. Unfortunately on their hunt for the 'WOW' factor they neglect base gameplay and storyline, something sadly missing from Horizons. If you enjoy mindless hack/slash this is the game for you.

News Comments > GameSpy, Security, & the DMCA
8. Re: I love this idiocy Nov 12, 2003, 14:28 Lesaonar

Can't say I'm surprised. What once was a great company has now become nothing more than another coporate bully.

News Comments > Warlords IV Goes Gold
2. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2003, 18:26 Lesaonar

There's been a demo out for it for a while now Primus. I actually liked the changes made. Rather than just endlessly creating heros and mobs to zerg the enemy, you have to actually strategize and keep them alive so they can grow and gain abilities. Definately on my buy list.

News Comments > etc.
13. It's the parents, nit the game... Aug 28, 2003, 18:38 Lesaonar

Whether it was drugs or an online game, fault falls in the parents lap. They left a child that young unsupervised for 2+ hours. Games don't cause deaths, morons do.

News Comments > More on Galaxies
41. Wrong... Jun 29, 2003, 13:09 Lesaonar

"No dont blame the dev's, I dont believe they have much say in the matter of when the game is shipped out, blame greedy Sony."

Umm no. Actually you can blame Lucas Arts, they were the ones that wanted it on shelves by the announced release date, not SOE.

News Comments > More on Galaxies
34. Damn right they knew... Jun 28, 2003, 17:53 Lesaonar

There were numerous bugs and database errors even the day before launch. The game was actually somewhat fun up until about a month before beta ended. It went progressively downhill from there.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Shrouded Isles
13. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2002, 22:13 Lesaonar

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how quickly you can level in the new lands. There are folks from beta that made it to 45+ in less than 2 weeks. New classes are a mixture of strong and weak. Do NOT start a reaver if you play Alb, it's not worth it, but necro's are a lot of fun. Never bothered with the mid classes at all. Hib classes are incredible! Valewalkers are incredibly powerful for a cloth wearing tank hybrid, and animists are majorly powerful in both PvE and RvR.

News Comments > DAoC: Shrouded Isles Gold
10. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2002, 18:10 Lesaonar

Riiiight like all the class balance that's been ongoing since the original beta? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anything that comes from Mythic in an attempt to calm the masses is filled with false promises. Thanes, Hunters, Rangers, Shaman and most other classes still have balance issues. Yet I'm supposed to believe Sanya even though I see the exact opposite in SI beta? I dunnae think that floats here. But thanks for trying.

News Comments > DAoC: Shrouded Isles Gold
2. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2002, 14:38 Lesaonar

Complete is a joke. Hib areas are nowhere near completion and they haven't even unlocked the portal so people that have been testing can get their mains out. The whole beta was just one big cluster fuck.

128 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo