Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Capitan

Real Name Capitan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2007, 07:37
Total Comments 80 (Suspect)
User ID 40840

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2013, 02:23 Capitan

It's not so strange, really, to behave like a greedy swine company, people will get tired sooner or later and find games that are more generous...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Online DDoS Attack
14. Re: EVE Online DDoS Attack Jun 3, 2013, 01:59 Capitan

I suspect this is something that will become more common as dedicated game servers are so common plus it's also not very difficult to find software for DDoS attacks. I personally think it's time that game manufacturers are beginning to considering whether it was better before, when you yourself could host your own game server.  

News Comments > Wargaming Unifies Accounts
2. Re: Wargaming Unifies Accounts May 31, 2013, 01:58 Capitan

I play WoT regularly and have stopped paying for premium account. I feel that I don't want to give WG more money for the game and the service they give to us.

Personally I think it's the only way to break this trend, with free2play games who got 'hidden' micro-transactions, is to stop paying.

I'm pretty tired of this trend, to say the least... Angry

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews May 29, 2013, 00:43 Capitan

It's said to tell, but this isn't a Wolfenstein game. It went wrong with Wolfenstein 2009 and it seem they have continue on that line...

If Wolfenstein: The New Order gonna be like this then it's a "no buy" game to me.

Second, why must all bloody game have iron sights? It wasn't needed in good ol' days and aren't needed today!

News Comments > 1666 "Suspended"
8. Re: 1666 May 16, 2013, 06:55 Capitan

NKD wrote on May 16, 2013, 05:41:
It didn't used to take a 100 person team 2 years to make a game in the 80s and 90s. It still doesn't, depending on what you're making. But if people want diversity and high risk projects, they are going to have to give up a few things.
I only wish that the small studios don't always were bought as soon as they managed to create something good. EA is a good example who bought a small studio and made it worse (eg DiCE). It's so pitty.

News Comments > 1666 "Suspended"
5. Re: 1666 May 16, 2013, 01:33 Capitan

So this is what happens when game studios becomes too big. Do they think that a game idea will not be financially good enough. they put that idea down. This kind of thing happened very rarely in the 80's and 90's.

Where the hell is diversity gone in the gaming industry? This starts becoming more similar Hollywood...everything must look the same... Brood

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only
19. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only May 9, 2013, 05:27 Capitan

Kawlisse wrote on May 9, 2013, 04:53:
I'm all for a great SP game, but come on, slap in 6 MP maps and use quake1 net code, and let the modding community create the rest ! Game is going to last a very long time if they do this !

One thing is certain for me: Will there be no MP, I will absolutely not buy the game. To me MP is important!

But I certainly agree with you there. Give freedom to the modding community, let us host our own servers and I can guarantee that new wolf will be a success, plus the game studio will get free credibility and will be well liked.

Is it something I really crave is to once again start making my own MP maps. Darn what fun time it was!

This comment was edited on May 9, 2013, 05:33.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
34. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 15:31 Capitan

This time, I really hope they try to copy MP from RtCW or ET. MP in Wolfenstein was a joke... Angry

I want a quick simple MP. Not a lot of weapons, weapon upgrades, micro transactions, etc etc. It shall be simple old school and nothing more!

/Capi

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
18. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 19, 2013, 10:18 Capitan

w00tie wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 07:41:
I would give my left nut for a true RtCW sequel.

No XP.
No levels.
No gun mods.
No RPG bullshit.
Just shooting nazis.

I could also give one myself...

Tbh I really crave for an old school la RTCW MP where you just have a lot of fun and not chasing XP / Gold / Skill or whatever it may be, to get better weapons or other crap to get an advantage.
A game should be based on pure skill and not have a to simple learning curve.

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
7. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 Capitan

gilly775 wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:48:
So disappointed. Really wanted to see a new Fallout.

Fallout 4 have scheduled release date Q4 this year. It's not too big guess that unless Fallout 4 arrives early in October it will be for Christmas

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
13. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 19, 2013, 04:58 Capitan

It seem it was pictures from Project Zwei they teased us with.
http://projectzwei.net/

I know nothing about the game, nor what title it shall get, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks sensational and they have an scary atmosphere. I'm looking forward what they gonna show us later today.

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
25. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 18, 2013, 02:12 Capitan

IF there is a new Wolfenstein AND they manage to recreate MP from RTCW then I will fu***ng cry of happiness.  

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
14. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 17, 2013, 16:41 Capitan

Xero wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 16:23:
Yeah Wolfenstein is like an old title that's seen enough light in it's days. I honestly don't see any refreshing revisit to Castle Wolfenstein or anything like that seems all too appealing. There is just too much brought to the genres these days that a simplistic shooter can't really hold much to. But let's wait and see, maybe a lil too early to jump the gun.

It's probably a matter of taste. Personally I think that game set in iran, iraq, etc. are just as worn out.

What I miss about today's game is that you rarely or never are allowed to do your own things to the game - as new maps, custom addons etc.. Game producers are too greedy to allow it, which is a shame.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2013, 02:18 Capitan

Scud wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 17:58:
I think you miss the point of the analogy, the writer is saying that many of these execs make lousy decisions because they do not play games for fun, if at all. Saying "This would be akin to editors in literary publishing being unable to read or write." is a little extreme though, I'd say it's more comparable to someone who works in the publishing industry who doesn't actually read or write for any reason beyond necessity. To many execs I'm sure games are just a way to make money and nothing else, they probably don't really understand why people play games. Many probably believe the stereotypes and think we're all just a bunch of pathetic basement dwellers and that contempt shows in the way they treat their customers.

I can't but agree with you. The problem today is that too many developers spend a large part of their job to get the game to look good with eye-candy but miss the whole point that we play, that the game also should be fun. I mean, we don't play because it's a job ...

Then I can have opinions about a trend towards making it a few large studios, this destroys the diversity. A big studio dare not loosen up and create wacky games, of course, because it's too much money involved.

Personally I think somehow gaming industry went lost in the beginning of the 20th century, which is a pity.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Domains
18. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 14, 2013, 04:59 Capitan

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 21:10:
Or stop kidding yourself and link madmaxmovies.com and follow the forums, which have more up-to-date insider info. Fury Road is officially a restart of Mad Max. It isn't a sequel, prequel, remake or anything else. It's as much a sequel to Thunderdome as Nolan's Batman trilogy was a sequel to Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

In 2003 it was a literally different story when Mel was still attached.

That was what I suspected. They'll just milking money out of the original idea by using the name Mad Max. Said...

9. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 03:16 Capitan

El Pit wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 03:08:
Because Hollywood hates Mel now because of his DUI and his antijewish tirades.

OMG if that is the reason...

6. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 02:50 Capitan

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 02:21:
It's going to suck, both the movie and the game. The first Mad Max movie is great but... this Fury Road bullshit, disgusting. Where's the Australian actors? SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

I won't be paying money to watch it.

I agree! Hope it doesn't become yet another unimaginative Hollywood movie of it all... Sad

Why doesn't Mel Gibson play the lead role? The latest movies I've seen with him, he has been more dark-minded and scary than earlier and I think it fits well in apocalyptic movies like Mad Max. Strange...

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Microtransactions and Free Nuketown Map Next Month?
9. Re: Black Ops 2 Microtransactions and Free Nuketown Map Next Month? Mar 28, 2013, 12:29 Capitan

InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 07:19:
Oh please! A month of premium on World of Tanks costs about the same as a month of WoW so its the same fucking thing. Or you can choose to use less premium at your own leisure, for example if you only play over weekends. WoT has its share of problems, but having a flexible payment option is definitely its strong suit.

Think you misunderstood me, with WoW or EVE, you know it doesn't cost more than what you expect to pay. In WoT, you more or less must have premium in order to play a greater tir. What annoys me is that WoT pretends to be a free game but you do in fact must pay to play everything in the game, in that way EVE and WoW are more honest.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 14:40.

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Microtransactions and Free Nuketown Map Next Month?
6. Re: Black Ops 2 Microtransactions and Free Nuketown Map Next Month? Mar 28, 2013, 03:17 Capitan

I hate micro-transactions, these are just ruining the game. It starts so innocently with personalization packs and nick-nack's and then when it's established, it come stuff to make arms/weapons more efficient or give you any advantage. It all ends with you can't play it at all without using micro-transactions regularly. It's so shamelessly thought out. A clear example of games that can't be play without micro-transactions/premium account is World of Tanks, at least not if you plan to play with higher tir tanks. Then I think EVE Online's or WoW's idea with monthly payments are more honest.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 03:29.

News Comments > SimCity Patch
3. Re: SimCity Patch Mar 23, 2013, 02:46 Capitan

Since that guy show his offline mod, EA will never release such to show their position in this mess. All to be stubborn and show who's the boss...  

80 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo