Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Capitan

Real Name Capitan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2007, 07:37
Total Comments 80 (Suspect)
User ID 40840

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Tanks Visual Improvements Planned
2. Re: World of Tanks Visual Improvements Planned Mar 21, 2014, 22:29 Capitan

What good is new eye candy when they don't do anything about the chaos which has become in the game? Unfortunately, alot of arrogant and selfish eastern european kids have ruined this superb game ...

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 23:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
70. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 05:14 Capitan

I want you Steam fans telling me why the games various community flourished in good ol' days but not now? Then it came lots of new mods, maps, games modes etc, just because game developers allowed it. Now it's really not much of that.  

69. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 04:52 Capitan

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 18:28:
I refuse to play games that require services like Windows. Tell why do I need to have additional software installed just to play? That is so fu***ng wrong!

How creative...

38. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 16:28 Capitan

I refuse to play games that require services like Steam. Tell why do I need to have additional software installed just to play? That is so fu***ng wrong!  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takeoff Delayed
3. Re: World of Warplanes Takeoff Delayed Sep 20, 2013, 18:50 Capitan

Wildone wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 13:58:
Make sure that pay2win mechanics fully in place
F2P is a plague that must be exterminated!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 17, 2013, 15:25 Capitan

F2P is a plague that must be exterminated. Veryangry  

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
4. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 7, 2013, 12:51 Capitan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:50:
Perhaps that is a good thing. When this kind of ridiculousness dies, and puts the people out of work who instigated and propagated it, a new version will arise out of the ashes and taking gaming in a different direction.

How do you know when a game is truly "dead"? Is it when an online game goes below n players or is it when the little group hardcore players have left and no one is there?

I know from own experience that games who have been administered and been housed on a private home server live longer because there is a greater proportion hardcore players who truly live for the game. Two good examples are Enemy Territory and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Enemy Territory was released May 29, 2003, and Return to Castle Wolfenstin November 19, 2001, both games are still alive and get new players who play and want to learn to make their own maps and mods.

This is whay it's so important a game isn't a F2P or is hosted on a dedikeread server, it must be allowed to live it's own life and not a company decides when it's time to shut down the game.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2013, 02:41 Capitan

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 23:06:
Now that people are aware of it and they can try to cash in by looking like "good guys" they're suing. Pfeh.
Of course it is and this smells fish long way.

Guess they are terrified that public opinion will force a law decision that it will completely forbidden to collect data about and from users. It would crash whole their business idea.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2013, 05:13 Capitan

There are some things with F2P that I find hard to accept:

1) It gets darn expensive in the long run to play F2P. Why? Well, too often, these games have a restriction of any kind, so if you don't pay, you can't take advantage of everything. This makes the game (for me) loses it's charm and magic.

2) Because they want to maximize their profit in the F2P-genre doesn't allows players to be creative at all, in other words you may not have access to the development tools so you can make and share your own maps, mods etc. I personally think such is fun so why shouldn't I be able to get the opportunity to bring something back to the game and cummunity?

3) With F2P, it often becomes a stress or pressure to always get to the next level - it's one of the ideas in this game genre. They want to keep the player fully occupied so he/she doesn't have time for other. When do they think that you should have fun and enjoy the game? Good question, isn't it ...?

- - -

In the past game developers had a passion for making games, now it's just money that determines what storyline a game will contain. In good ol' days it was more like 'an odd idea' was better. Now doesn't the game studios dare to take that 'extra' step because they're so afraid of losing money and ofc we can thank the big dragons like EA, Id etc for this. They choose mainstream because they know that works.

Bah! I may be old school, but the games were more fun before in good ol' days...

Over and out!
/Capi

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2013, 05:11 Capitan

It's the way to do it! Hide everything unpleasant and then you are able to deny it and then blame it on "sequester-induced budget cuts". To funny ... Rolleyes  

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
8. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 24, 2013, 05:20 Capitan

F2P is a plague that must be exterminated!

All games I tried that had F2P has stressed the player in some strange reward system that the player still never been able to use to the fullest unless the player paid an fee. All this do is to include a source of annoyance, and this ruining the joy of playing. Uneasy

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 16, 2013, 04:10 Capitan

Google is a plague that must be exterminated  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed
6. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed Aug 2, 2013, 08:47 Capitan

w00tie wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 07:45:
I Played RtCW and WET for a good 10 years. They were amazing multiplayer games. It's just unfortunate that the community for these games died, I would love to pick up and play them again.

For me it would be enough with a graphically enhanced/updated version of RtCW. Everything else should be left as it is - rest is PERFECT as it is! Especially MP.

I can't tell you how much I miss to make maps for that game. Oh good ol days! Thanks

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
3. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:36 Capitan

U.S. is about to become more and more like Soviet Union - The authorities is becoming just as paranoid as Stalin was...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2013, 03:49 Capitan

U.S. is about to become the new Soviet Union, so likely he will disappear into one of U.S. Gulag's if he returns or they arrest him...

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
19. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 02:55 Capitan

Now maybe they can take out a new course and make sure to give us joy of gaming back?

Give power back to the community!
Let us be able to map, mod and host our own servers. In the old days we had the power to set our own rules and if there appeared someone shady character, who cheated, he/she was instant banned.

It used to be laugh and jokes on the servers. Now it's just a damn chaos and kids screaming "noob" to the right and left.

Please id Software, give us the joy of gaming back!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 01:31 Capitan

Give power back to the community!

Let us to map, mod and host our own servers again! In the good ol' days we had the power to set up our own rules on our own game servers, and if a suspicious player turned up, who seem to cheat, he was instant banned.

It used to be laughs and jokes on servers. Now it's just a damn chaos and kids screaming "NOOB" to the right and left.

PLEASE game developers! Give us the joy back!

I get so frustrated over how it has become when I realize how good we had it when Quake was new... Wall

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
36. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 15, 2013, 03:15 Capitan

Jackplug wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 12:00:
No mod or map editor no buy, fuck em!!

I agree! I don't like this trend with no possibility to mod a game or make your own maps. They are so damned greedy and they only see an opportunity to make DLC's that they can charge for, often are these DLC's completely unimaginative or dull...

I also hate that I can't set my own game server and be moderator over it, as I could 10 years ago. But once again they want have full control on their "dedicated" servers, with the vague reason that they want to be able to catch cheaters (which they rarely do but we did...)

Damn, give the community the opportunity to be a little creative and help the games forward!

News Comments > World of Tanks Boasts 60M Accounts
7. Re: World of Tanks Boasts 60M Accounts Jun 8, 2013, 02:13 Capitan

Many of the accounts are anything but active players... Many have only 1-2 games played, spam accounts for trolls, spam accounts that offer fake gold coins. So the thing with 60M accounts is pure BS!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer
10. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 13:59 Capitan

This is still not Wolfenstein for me: It looks cool, but I still think it should have anything other than Wolfenstein in the title. Sorry!  

80 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo