Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 772 (Graduate)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Wheelman Movies
2. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2008, 06:23 Aero

Any relation to Driver, hopefully the first one?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Let the Rising Eagle Soar
2. No subject Apr 17, 2008, 12:38 Aero

Never heard of it.

Looks interesting- I like the sound of the gameplay premise. The screen shots look pretty good too: nothing fancy, but certainly good enough.

It's hard to beat that price.

News Comments > Precursors Trailer
2. No subject Apr 17, 2008, 12:34 Aero

Yeah, I've had my eye on this one and White Gold too. I just hope it isn't another brilliantly conceived game that is totally ruined by bugs and poor performance.

Boiling Point was such a terrible disappointment only because there was a great game in there totally obscured by technical incompetence.

News Comments > The SimCity Box Announced
3. No subject Apr 10, 2008, 22:19 Aero

Yep. The trouble with this is that people that have never played SimCity before will probably play Socieites first because it's the latest. That will probably put them off the whole box.

SC4 is the only one in there I'd be remotely interested in, and I've already got that. SC4+ the older SC games would be better. Throw in an updated version of SimTower as well, that game was good too. Charge $20 for it, and I'm in.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 22:19.

News Comments > Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
1. No subject Apr 10, 2008, 22:16 Aero

Cool. I like Strongbad's cartoons, I don't know if I'd necessarily like to play a Strongbad game, but Telltale knows what's up with these episodic releases.

I still haven't gotten around to finishing the first Sam & Max season. It's certainly not old-school Lucasarts quality, but it's still very good.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Plans
11. No subject Apr 8, 2008, 22:56 Aero

I enjoy all of the Hellgate bashing. That's the only reason I ever click on these comments. I've never played it, nor would I ever play it even if it were good because it's not my kind of game, but I get a kick out of how much people loathe it and like to find new and interesting ways to communicate that loathing.

Good stuff. Keep up the good work!

News Comments > Moscow Racer Announced
5. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 20:09 Aero

There is a trailer on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e7JNp8i1cc

Looks pretty standard arcade to me, but it's 6 months old maybe the handling/dynamics have been updated since.

News Comments > Moscow Racer Announced
4. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 16:55 Aero

I hope it's a true sim-racer. They use the phrase themselves, so it seems likely. That would be very, very slick.

Looks good.

News Comments > Evochron Renegades Patch
1. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 19:23 Aero

The new faction system adds a lot to the game. In my opinion, that was an area where Renegades was lacking. It's great the way it is now- it's system based so your reputation in one system doesn't necessarily effect other- you can be a pirate on one end of the galaxy and a nancy-boy government suck up on the other.

It makes for some interesting conflicts out there in space. You have to think harder about who you're going to kill and who you're going to bribe/run away from.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in August
10. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 14:47 Aero

I think the earlier rifles had too much artificial inaccuracy. I imagine from a gameplay perspective it's hard to differentiate the effectiveness of assault rifles because, at the range firefights take place in Stalker, they're all about the same really. Given the chance to aim properly, you shouldn't have much trouble at all hitting something the size of a man from 100 meters.

With the early rifles, you could take all the time aiming you wanted, lining up a guy 50 meters away carefully in your sights and you'd still miss most of the time. That is very, very frustrating. It really disconnects you from the whole shooting experience- becomes more luck and statistics than anything else.

It's possible this reality mod fixed that, I never tried it.

Is Clear Sky going to have the things they couldn't fit into the original? A seamless environment, vehicles and that sort of thing? If it involves walking all the way across several maps, following some path because you can't climb over a three foot barbed-wire fence, with 30 second loading times in between, I don't think I could do it. Not again.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 14:48.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. No subject Mar 26, 2008, 20:14 Aero

The preview of Battlefield Heroes remarks that the working title was Battlefield West.

That got me thinking. You know what would be the coolest thing ever? That's right. A western themed Battlefield game (I imagine there is a mod along these lines, but that's not the same). The Alamo, that sort of thing. Man, that would be great. It would really fit in with the semi over-the-top Battlefield style as well. I suppose vehicles might be tough but you could take a little creative license, gatling guns or cannons mounted on a wagon, horses... more horses, that sort of thing.

Anyways, yeah. That's about it. I'm looking forward to Battlfield Heroes (and Jumpgate Evolution while we're on it).

Maybe as a way of updating the content they could have different zones, like a WW2 zone, a future zone, and, of course, a western zone. Same game, different characters levels- that sort of stuff.

I'm done now.

News Comments > Creative: Asus EAX Support Lacking
20. No subject Mar 25, 2008, 11:17 Aero

Since the beginning of time Creative Lab's cards have sucked. Unfortunately, you were more or less stuck with them in the DOS days because everybody supported them because they were the first consumer sound-card that supported digital audio.

Still, they're common, so I've ended up owning pretty much all of them going back to the Sound Blaster Pro. They're much like the Microsoft of sound cards. There is much better stuff out there, but it's just easier to buy what everyone else buys and everyone else buys them because that's what everyone else bought.

There have been glimmers of hope: GUS, A3D, nForce- all much better than Creative, but ended up swamped by CL's market dominance.

Their drivers are awful, they can't stick to a spec, I can't count the number of times drastic performance deficiencies, crashing and stuttering have come down to my Creative Labs cards- even games with Creative Lab's EAX logo on the box. "Lower your sound acceleration to basic" is such common troubleshooting advice it's automatically a part of most FAQs.

I have heard that the X-Fi isn't all that bad though. I wouldn't buy one for sure, not for another generation or so, but it's nice to at least see movement in the right direction. I imagine Vista sort of spoils that party though, a whole new driver spec for Creative to botch.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. No subject Mar 24, 2008, 20:16 Aero

I've yet to see an OFP2 screenshot that really looks like a screenshot. I hate these sorts of "in game renders" where it maybe is the graphics engine that actually drew the picture, but the scene is probably something specially posed for the screenshot.

They look a little photoshopped too, but that isn't necessarily the case.

News Comments > The Graveyard Released, Demo
1. No subject Mar 21, 2008, 20:15 Aero

Excuse me while I hang myself.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
18. No subject Mar 20, 2008, 10:21 Aero

I keep wondering, is it really that the PC market is shrinking or is it just that the console market is exploding? I'd actually be willing to bet that the PC market is even bigger than it was five years ago, just nowhere near how much bigger the console market has become.

I'd be happy to switch over to consoles, and I've been playing exclusively PC games since 1990, but only if the sort of games I'm interested in were developed for them. The problem is that I tend to prefer niche games and it costs too much to develop for consoles.

My favorite game right now (Evochron) was developed by one guy in his spare time. That would never happen on a console. It seems like unless you can sell a couple hundred-thousand copies minimum, there is no point in developing console games.

One of the ironic things about this is that we were having the same argument in the early nineties when the "16-bit" consoles were released and it was id with Wolf3D that showed action games could be better on the PC. It was also id, with their early support of 3D-accelerators with glQuake, that showed 3D games were better on the PC than the next generation of consoles.

Now, we've got WoW that's showing how much better PC games are for online play with MMOGs, but I ****** hate role playing games.

News Comments > Syndicate Revival Someday?
11. No subject Mar 19, 2008, 22:46 Aero

Oh that would be very good. I have to agree though that the game would have to be significantly different were it to be released today. You could probably do pretty well keeping the same premise and just using a different presentation of effectively similar game play.

I thought Magic Carpet was great. The "magic eye" style stereoscopic graphics mode is undoubtedly the single most psychedelic videogame experience I've ever had... flying around on a magic carpet making volcanoes erupt from the ground was just the icing on the cake.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: SF2 HD Mar 16, 2008, 14:01 Aero

SF2 HD does look really good. I never could really get into the 3D fighters, but I wasted a good portion of my youth (not to mention a lot of quarters) playing SF2.

Of course, I don't own either console. Maybe I'll pick one up in a year or so when they're cheaper.

News Comments > Why No PC Civilization Revolution
4. No subject Mar 15, 2008, 00:01 Aero

I agree, it is sort of nice to see them taking stock of the different expectations. I'd rather not have another SimCity Societies-like disappointment.

It's also terribly depressing though. Companies understands that you can release much lower quality software for a console and people will like it, and more importantly, buy it.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Plans
12. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 17:01 Aero

I'm thinking something like an Elite/Freelancer style game but with cars in the wasteland. Give it some (near) realistic physics a la I76 and plenty of open road. Since it's all pretty much dessert, it wouldn't be too hard to generate all that landscape. I would even be willing to put up with some of the Thunderdome elements like Barter Town.

That would be so cool...so cool...so cool...so cool...

So cool!

God, that would be cool. I think if George Miller is involved, it might have a chance.

Man.

ed: Er... I meant "desert" my high school principle would be so disappointed with me.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 17:47.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Plans
1. ! Mar 13, 2008, 10:38 Aero

!!!

Please, please make it good.

772 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo