Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 758 (Graduate)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jun 23, 2009, 18:29 Aero

Really does seem like Max Payne in name only. Pretty screenshots anyways, though I do smell some photoshop going on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warner Closing in on Codemasters?
3. Re: Warner Closing in on Codemasters? Jun 23, 2009, 14:36 Aero

I'm interested in their 2010 F1 game, but we'll have to see what happens with that. They're probably shitting bricks over FIA/FOTA thing now that however many millions they spent on the license may potentially not include Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, etc. and all of the recognizable drivers, meaning it would be near worthless. I don't think it would actually happen, but that would be a huge hit and I wouldn't be surprised, particularly if this Warner thing happens, that they might cut their losses and drop it. Lord knows how much that F1 license cost them. Might be a escape clause in the contract or something.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Details
14. Re: Max Payne 3 Details Jun 17, 2009, 13:59 Aero

Ugh. The RAGE thing is very disappointing. I guess I'll just have to look forward to playing it at 1024x768 with no AA and all of the details set to low. Maybe some of that bloom garbage to lighten the mood. I could always drop a few grand on hardware so that I could play it on medium I guess.

Maybe they've sorted some stuff out though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters Jun 16, 2009, 10:11 Aero

Ack. So conflicted. I'm hardly interested in the game itself, though maybe it's good, I just interested in the dialog and script. I'd be fine if someone just recorded themselves playing through it and posted it on Youtube honestly.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2009, 18:55 Aero

Wouldn't know yet, one review I read said 20, but I suspect that's if you do all of the side missions and everything. I'm willing to bet I'll be sick of the gameplay after 10 hours anyway though. As much fun as I'm having with it, there isn't a whole lot of variety or depth to it.

Good stuff though. I've spent $50 on a lot less. $40 would be better.

4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2009, 16:24 Aero

It certainly does show sacrifices to fit within the consoles' tiny memory. The buildings could use more variation and just geometry in general. The characters look pretty good and the animations are well done though.

Though it's a shame we have to lower ourselves to the console level, it does seem to have it where it counts. I've been having a whole lot of fun, and I've never played a game like this before. I suspect it will get pretty old after not too long, but I feel as though I'll certainly get my money's worth.

1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2009, 13:31 Aero

All the Prototype reviews complain about the draw distance, but I didn't really notice this at all. Is that limited to the console versions?

It's possible all of the body parts flying around were obstructing my view though.

I really don't like when the reviewer plays it on one system but the review is meant to cover the game on every system. From looking at Gamerankings, it's clear that sometimes the same game can be great on one system but poor on others. It makes them difficult to read. Why would I care about them complaining about difficulty controlling it on an Xbox pad? I'm using a mouse dammit.

1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2009, 19:52 Aero

Prototype seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews, but mostly weighted towards the high end--it's always a little confusing when some reviews are in the sevens and others in the nines. I'll have to pick this one up soon. I don't really know that the gameplay is my kind of thing, but having never played any of the Hulk games or anything, I think it's worth a shot.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Details?
9. Re: Max Payne 3 Details? Jun 10, 2009, 22:33 Aero

Excellent news. The day-night cycle thing seems to hint at open-world style play. That would be interesting. It would be a big departure, but it would be interesting.

I like cover systems personally, but they have to be done well, and most of them aren't. Mass Effect's was terrible, Gears of War's was decent enough. It needs to fit in so it's almost like a Tony Hawk style shooter, where if you get your timing and flow right you can do some really cool, fluid 'action star' moves--diving and rolling from cover to cover, vaulting over crap, and those sorts of things. Since the previous Max Payne games were definitely approaching from that direction, a cover system would fit in great. I suspect if anyone could pull it off, it's these guys.

Stoked. I think Sao Paulo would make an excellent film-noir setting. Sao Paolo has a lot of flavor, has a rather serious crime problem with very violent gang warfare, and is generally a good location for a dark, gritty atmosphere. It could work. Better than Los Angeles certainly, which was the setting for The Big Sleep, my favorite noir film (Lauren Bacall is so hot it hurts).

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Patches
2. Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Patches Jun 10, 2009, 20:53 Aero

1.00 --> 1.40
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_100_140_Patch.exe.torrent

1.40 --> 2.101
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_140_2101_Patch.exe.torrent

2.101 --> 2.201
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2101_2201_Patch.exe.torrent

2.201 --> 2.202
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2201_2202_Patch.exe.torrent

2.202 --> 2.300
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2202_2300_Patch.exe.torrent

2.300 --> 2.301
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2300_2301_Patch.exe.torrent

2.301 --> 2.400
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2301_2400_Patch.exe.torrent

2.400 --> 2.500
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2400_2500_Patch.exe.torrent

2.500 --> 2.501
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2500_2501_Patch.exe.torrent

2.501 --> 2.502
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2501_2502_Patch.exe.torrent

2.502 --> 2.600 (whew!)
http://cohpatch.relic.com/relic/coh/retail/EN_2502_2600_Patch.exe.torrent

The shortest route down the yellow brick road to 2.600 for COH 1.0 owners. It's possible I missed something. No guarantees. In my earlier bitchings I missed the 1.4 to 2.101, which shaves off a significant amount of tedium. Still leaves a lot, but hell, at least it's something.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 20:56.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch Today
12. Re: Company of Heroes Patch Today Jun 10, 2009, 17:37 Aero

Torrent Heaven. Don't use the auto updater. It's a POS. And Relic, How about a 1.0->2.6 all inclusive patch...?

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Anyone from Relic reading? If so, are you guys fucking nuts, dim-witted, or just lazy?

I suppose in retrospect I shouldn't have bought the retail copy. Yet more mud in the eye, the store had no DVD versions so I have to install from five CDs.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch Today
6. Re: Company of Heroes Patch Today Jun 10, 2009, 15:51 Aero

Ugh(again).

So, if I want to start from 1.0, I have to do 1.0 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.51 -> 1.60 -> 1.61 -> 1.70 -> 1.71 -> 2.1.0.1 -> 2.2.0.1 -> 2.2.0.3 -> 2.2...

Fuck it. That was taking too long to figure out. Anyways, there's about five or six more.

Okay, Okay, I get the point: buy the latest expansion. No chance. It's a great game, but if this is how they work things, they're obviously hopeless. (I also can't figure out how to turn the damn sound off on their webpage.

It's a real shame.

Is anyone aware of a torrent or something that includes all the necessary patches? Am I missing some big 1.0 to whatever update, or at least something that allows me to skip a few of those?

Maybe the autoupdate at least kind of works so I might get lucky? All of these patches make me want to load it up again and see what's different.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 15:53.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch Notes
13. Re: Bugs Jun 9, 2009, 16:38 Aero

Ugh. The last time I re-installed COH the automatic update was wonky and I had to patch manually, only incremental patches, one by one, some 10 megabytes, some over a gigabyte. Probably something like 10 in all.

It took at least a couple hours.

I assume this has been straightened out. I haven't played the expansions but the first is a decent game. I have gripes of course, but it could be really cool at times. Haven't played for probably a year.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patch
18. Re: Far Cry 2 Patch Jun 3, 2009, 15:28 Aero

I thought it was okay. Not great, but passably okay.

The thing about it is that it could so easily have been an awesome game, one that people would remember for a long time. Without any drastic changes to the game--just respawning and such--it could have been a good game. With a handful of new features (friendlies, factions, reputations, more genuine npc interaction) it could have been an excellent game, and with a more living environment along the lines of GTA, it could have been a classic.

Making it good probably wouldn't have taken any more time development-wise at all, just some different decisions. Another few months developing it and it could have been excellent.

That's why I'm salty about it.

Also, why the hell does everyone talk so fast? It's like they did the voice work a week before, realized the lip-syncing was all screwed up, but didn't have the time to fix it and told the actors to just work around it.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Announced
10. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Announced Jun 1, 2009, 14:48 Aero

I thought L4D was pretty good. I wouldn't say L4D2's content should be free, but I'd rather see it released as an expansion pack for ~$25.

Give me twice the content of L4D and I'll consider L4D2 worth full price. I'm a little surprised too that they spent $10M marketing L4D. I wonder how much developing the actual game cost.

Frying pans sound good.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2009, 14:49.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2009, 20:16 Aero

Reminds me of the ole Falcon 3 days.

Yeah... I remember when Thrustmaster made hands-down the best flight sticks. CH made some decent ones too, but Thrustmaster made the elite gear. Now, I don't know.

That one looks okay. A guy further down on the page said it was a waste of money but he was using it to play Hawx. Aside from being a serious pain in the ass to set up, my flightstick, though perfectly fine in most sims, never did feel that comfortable in Hawx. It probably had something to do with the weak flight model. It feels like an old Dynamix sim.

I would prefer it if the throttle and stick were separate--that one looks like it's designed to go in your lap, though that's probably okay. Also looks like it has a twist rudder, which though not realistic, I'm pretty fond of personally. I never could afford/have space for proper rudder pedals anyways and the rocker switch on the older Saitek HOTAS pissed me off.

I don't own a PS3, but if I did I'd snap up IL2 in a second.

Thanks for the info Z9000.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2009, 14:24 Aero

Wow. That version of IL-2 does look pretty damn impressive.

Can you get proper flight controls for a PS3? I know I've seen some stuff that looked like it was reasonable for those Ace Combat games, but can you plug in PC USB flightsticks the way you an with other USB controllers?

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video
4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video May 29, 2009, 14:16 Aero

...just really bad graphic quality overall (grass is only drawn to about 20 feet!)

That's always terrible. Sometimes I'd rather have no grass at all than grass popping up right in front of me.

Given the aversion they seem to have to publishing genuine gameplay screenshots and videos, there has to be something really weak about their engine. This is especially disturbing because even with some improvements the graphics wouldn't be technically impressive, though most of it does look fine to me. Not great, but fine--unless of course it looks like that and runs like crap, which is a distinct worry.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2009, 14:17.

News Comments > On Sam & Max Season 3 Controls
1. Re: On Sam & Max Season 3 Controls May 28, 2009, 22:37 Aero

Oh dear.

It's a dark, dark day when consolitis begins to spread to point-and-click adventure games.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as I imagine though.

4. Re: Game Reviews May 28, 2009, 13:08 Aero

Hey, that Red Faction review looks pretty promising. Oh so much could go wrong with the PC version though. Hope the PC version actually makes the revised release date and doesn't become a next-summer thing--even if that might be a good sign of a proper port.

edit: I had to look up the release date, but I never, ever, ever, trust reviews that come out before the game is actually released. What do they have to pay to get that scoop?

This comment was edited on May 28, 2009, 13:10.

758 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo