Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
3. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Sep 14, 2011, 12:37 Aero

Oooooh, nice. Please, be good. I don't see any particular reason to believe it won't be. It's not like it's a series that would suffer all that much from consolitis, provided they get the technical details right. Please get the technical details right.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Orchestra 2; Free Content Plans Unveiled
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Orchestra 2; Free Content Plans Unveiled Sep 13, 2011, 23:11 Aero

Yeah, the bots suck. Though if they could fix the whole multiple bots (or player) occupying the same space, that would go a long way.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Orchestra 2; Free Content Plans Unveiled
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Orchestra 2; Free Content Plans Unveiled Sep 13, 2011, 19:01 Aero

How's the single player mode? Same as multi-but with bots, a la Battlefield 2? If so, are the bots any good?  

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
26. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 07:43 Aero

Thanks everyone who mentioned the priority thing. That sorted out every problem I was having and it runs flawlessly all the time now.

I dunno, I think it's great. I'm still in the first act though, and I hear it's later on that it falls apart more. I would actually call it a $40 or less game at this point, just a step below a big AAA title so far as production value is concerned.

Of course, it isn't worth anything if you're one of the people who is having insurmountable stability difficulties, so it's definitely worth giving it some time.

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
8. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 6, 2011, 22:52 Aero

I bought it against all better judgement, and so far (about two hours in), I'm having quite a bit of fun to be honest. It is definitely very rough though. I haven't had any game breaking problems like crashing, but the framerate is sometimes inconsistent on high-ish end hardware, and I get little half second pauses every few minutes that are kind of annoying.

Exploring and fighting the zombies, though, that's a lot of fun. The melee system works very well--about as well as an fps melee system can. Usually it's brilliant, but can get a bit dodgy when you're being swarmed from all sides. I would like the weapons to last about three or four times longer than they do. Perhaps that will be modded or something (wondering about the online thing though).

I also think the graphics are pretty damn good. Nothing ground breaking or technologically impressive, but good nonetheless.

It's kind of a shame really. If they had a couple more months to work on it, it probably would have ended up a fairly highly rated and well remembered game.

News Comments > Game Reviews
22. Re: Game Reviews Sep 6, 2011, 08:04 Aero

This is the third incidence in the last two months I've seen where the Steam release or update of a game was an incorrect executable version (usually a slightly older build).

Anyways, people that have tried it, would you say it is more in line with the mid 80's PC reviews or the lower generic (Xbox) reviews?

12. Re: Game Reviews Sep 5, 2011, 19:25 Aero

Ah, I hate that. Interesting that one of the PC reviews says the hit detection is excellent, whereas the Xbox ones all bitched about the hit detection. Given that hit detection is ultimately the single most important game mechanic for an fps melee game, that's significant in itself. I can also easily see such a game with very fine grained location location based damage being more or less wasted on a game pad, and probably also hugely (HUGELY) frustrating.

Also, none of the reviews are (presumably) based upon the most recent (day 1 patch) version.

Maybe there's a chance for this one yet. I do so want it to be good.

Fion wrote on Sep 5, 2011, 17:57:
Note that these are all Xbox 360 reviews. If you go to Metacritic the PC reviews are scoring quite a bit higher, in the mid 80% for the most part. Considering the game was made with PC as it's primary platform, I don't wonder if the team that converted it for consoles just did a shit job doing so.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2011, 19:30.

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations
5. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 12:44 Aero

This doesn't really seem all that uncommon for the games industry. Seems to me you really, really got a love it to be willing to do this sort of work.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 5, 2011, 12:27 Aero

Kind of a shame about the Dead Island reviews. I wasn't expecting much, but it looked like it could have been interesting. I imagine it's probably just gonna be another Boiling Point type game with an impressive premise that almost, but doesn't quite, work because of amateurish implementation.

Though, to be fair, a 6/10 from Eurogamer is respectable enough so that I might pick it up one day when the price drops south of $20 and it hopefully has a few patches to sort out bugs.

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
8. Re: No Bastion DLC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 17:16 Aero

+1 for recommending Bastion. Not usually my kind of thing, but I've been having a lot of fun with it. The narration is brilliant, and I have to wonder why I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm having better luck with an Xbox controller than mouse+WASD.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 12, 2011, 16:04 Aero

On that last one, I'd say more along the lines of "Creepy Bungie employee routinely carries handgun and handcuffs for some reason..."  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer
11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 20:53 Aero

I thought the shooter mechanics and AI were quite good, which saved it for me. The "boo!" scare element and occasionally wonky level design kept it from being as good as it could have been though. If it had more straight shooter elements and less, frankly boring, horror, it would probably have been an excellent game..

I also don't really remember much about the story, so it can't have been that good. All I know is that I was having quite a bit of fun when I was in heavy combat situations, but was bored stiff while I did the forced march through linear haunted house sections, and they probably accounted for most of the actual game length content-wise.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Website
4. Re: World of Warplanes Website Aug 8, 2011, 22:47 Aero

To further confuse things, Gaijin (Wings of Prey) is working on an MMO called World of Planes, originally announced as an April Fool's joke, but now a real product.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 10:55 Aero

Definitely wasted effort. Nothing short of a complete re-design could make that game not a huge festering pile. I usually try to stay positive in my posts, but really, that game was hopeless.

However, I bet a dedicated mod group could take what's there and make it into something more like what it should have been.

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
5. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 27, 2011, 22:36 Aero

Though it seems to be an unconventional view, I thought Armageddon was great. It was nothing special or novel in any way and I would have preferred a proper evolutionary sequel to Guerrilla, but looked at separately as just a simple mindless third person action shooter, it was great fun and well executed.

True, I would have expected more from them and it's odd that they went from a game that was interesting and creative to a sequel that was several steps backward in that regard, but for what it was, they did it well.

News Comments > IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September?
14. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 18:45 Aero

Kind of a lot of money for a campaign add on. It would have to be pretty damn good to be worth 40 dollars.

edit: euros -> dollars

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2011, 20:13.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer May 31, 2011, 17:08 Aero

PunkiBastardo wrote on May 31, 2011, 16:48:
What's with the green & red lasers?

Tracers. One of the (unfortunately few) things the game did well. Nice effect.

News Comments > Not Coming Soon to PCs
6. Re: Not Coming Soon to PCs Apr 21, 2011, 02:01 Aero

I've got the input lag with Shift2 that many people have (and also afflicted the first one), so I didn't enjoy it that much. It does have a lot of potential though despite its stupid menus, goofy narration by a pointy haired drifter, and just too much "XTR3ME!" going on in general.

Apparently a patch may be on the way to sort out the input lag. If they can do that, it would be a winner. Despite the lag and ADD oriented presentation, it's clear that it has decent semi-simulation physics underpinning the handling and some nice content.

The DLC addon has some marvelous stuff in it (pretty much GT Legends, which was mostly made by the same developers), so if it doesn't find its way to the PC eventually, that will be a really solid kick in the balls for PC gamers.

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
19. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 21, 2011, 01:52 Aero

Though I don't see them dropping the business empire mechanic, I really want it to be more about me and my ship and less about me and a list of two hundred ships four levels deep in a menu that all need instructions and fifty interdependent factories that need supplies. Space sims are, at least theoretically, far and away my favorite video game genre. What I like about them, though, is getting to pretend I'm living the life of a spaceship captain. Me, my ship, and a galaxy to explore, battles to be fought, and money to be made.

In Elite/Privateer/Freelancer, the fundamental game mechanic was flying your ship and fighting other ships, or praying that you could sneak by without being noticed. I'm not really sure what the fundamental game mechanic of the X games is. It's sort of a jack-of-all-trades, and if anything, the fundamental game mechanic is a spreadsheet business simulation.

If you just want to do the Han Solo thing, striking out in your ship to explore and fight the good fight, the X galaxy is severely lacking. It's just one big empty cube of space with pretty backdrop connected to four others just like it through jump gates at each corner, and so on. Hopefully X Rebirth will have a more interesting and believable environment, with planets, stars and solar systems.

Most importantly, hopefully there will be more to do on your own at the controls of your ship. I don't need a business empire, just a hold full of contraband and a best guess at a course that will minimize my exposure to the space police.

The X games aren't bad, of course, they're just not as good as they could be. As others have said, more character interaction (even simple things like getting missions and text-based rumors at space bars), and a more naturally structured universe would go a long, long way toward making X Rebirth a classic.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Screenshots and Art
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Screenshots and Art Apr 8, 2011, 18:19 Aero

Way too much weathering on the weapon textures. Look like they were fished out of a river after six months.  

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo