Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 758 (Graduate)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2012, 20:01 Aero

Rigs wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 19:45:
It's obviously a prequel to Rebel Assault. Come on guys, think!

You'd shit yourself if it was...come to think of it, so would I...

I dunno about that. Rebel Assault kind of sucked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 14:56 Aero

I was waiting for the PC version, but it seems I'd be just as well served by buying a secondhand copy of the PS3 version.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 23, 2012, 23:07 Aero

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:55:
Terrible port. Render resolution is locked at 1024x720...

Wow, that's far and away the worst example I've ever heard of when it comes to half-assing a PC port... particularly when some random guy sorts it out for them within hours of the release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 18:52 Aero

I like it better than any GTA-alike I've played in a long time, including GTA4. It's the kung fu that makes it. I like the story too so far. Nothing really special about it, but it keeps things moving along nicely.

A gamepad is the way to go for sure, but it's okay on a keyboard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2012, 18:21 Aero

Yeah I'm liking Sleeping Dogs a lot actually, and I got sick of the GTA-style games years ago. SD is much more focused, and the brawler gameplay is done pretty well. The "open world" thing by itself doesn't do it for me anymore (not since Vice City really) no matter how well the environment is realized.

If it weren't for some goofiness and awkwardness here and there (like the camera control while driving and sometimes cheap enemy brawling AI, for instance), it would be almost brilliant. I think I'm going to have to get out the 'ol Xbox360 controller for this one. It's better for fighting and driving anyways, and I can always switch over to the mouse+kb when I have to do some shooting.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 13, 2012, 21:58 Aero

Ohhhhhhhh, it's our fault Ubisoft isn't releasing innovative games. They can't because their games are too perfect just the way they are.

Gee, I'm real sorry Jade. Forgive me?

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
16. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 13, 2012, 02:04 Aero

Yeah, I dunno. I suppose I might buy it just because there has been a bit of a drought of action games lately, but given its pedigree, I don't have a huge amount of hope.

I like the premise though, and it looks like the graphics are pretty good for an open-world game, so here's to hoping it's good.

News Comments > Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer Aug 10, 2012, 10:59 Aero

Overon wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 07:00:
I have to comment on some of the textures. When the player leans out the textures on the wall look absolutely horribly low resolution. I hope the gameplay compensates for the old school textures.

The design does seem a little mixed up, as though it varies a little unevenly between different art styles, and there seems to be a general lack of detail to the levels (which could just be a trade-off, maybe the levels are really big or something) and it has the sort of over-sized props that games have been getting away from lately. Anyways, the graphics aren't very impressive. I'd call it "good enough" though, if the game play is fun.

This trailer does, more than anything else I've seen of it so far, give the impression that it's going to be one of those games espousing giving the player lots of freedom, though it's really just the freedom between two or three obvious and prescribed solutions.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
24. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 22:02 Aero

I rather liked Diablo 3 (except for the DRM), but two playthroughs was plenty for me. I find it difficult to believe there are really so many people playing it long enough to warrant having an auction house. Do that many people really play it over and over and over again like someone would play an MMO?

Seems to me that Blizzard kind of lost the plot here. Either that or they're getting a little too evil, specifically trying to take advantage of obsessive compulsive people.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2012, 17:44 Aero

Firefox really has become a big schizoid mess with development bumbling forward faster than it should with no clear goal or methodology. It's a shame because there were some plugins I really liked, but it just wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with all the regression and bloat.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content
8. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 17:23 Aero

Buggy crap, but hopefully the patch will fix that.

It's actually not so bad when it works. I like it better than all the GR games aside from the first one, though that isn't saying a whole lot.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
1. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 17:17 Aero

Apogee? Really?

It's been a while since I've dialed into the Software Creations BBS.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
5. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:20 Aero

It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
1. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Jul 31, 2012, 21:36 Aero

Um... so the Rockstar Pass, which costs $30, saves me 35% on $30 worth of DLC? That can't be right.

edit: Wait... the so the Rockstar Pass *is* the DLC, just all as a lump for $30. I should think before I write. Though I'm still not seeing where the 35% comes in.

Anyways, if in any of this stuff there is a single player mode where you just kill wave after wave of enemies in various environments, I will buy that for sure.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
5. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 11:12 Aero

Yeah, this pretty much felt like a step backward from FSX in many (most of?) the important aspects. The only thing it really had going for it was that they seemed to sort out a lot of the graphics-engine issues FSX has: looks like crap, and as a bonus runs like crap... without hours of tweaking and installing add-on scenery.

It's a shame to see it go though, because it might have turned into something good. I kind of doubt X-Plane will ever get the sort of mass behind it that FSX has. Eagle Dynamics have a potentially interesting product in DCS World, but that will probably always be combat focused and it seems like the civil aviation people are the ones that spend the most money on third party content.

News Comments > Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans
4. Re: Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 Aero

Seems at this point, they would have been a lot better off delaying a little bit and targeting DCS World.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier Patch
1. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier Patch Jul 22, 2012, 14:44 Aero

This game is a giant mess. Constant CTDs, MP doesn't work. One of the buggiest games I've come across in a while.

Stay the hell away until (if) they patch it.

edit: "patch it" refers to the next patch (1.4) and if it does what it's supposed to. Given that it has taken them this long to patch these relatively trivial (though, of course, crucial) things that should have been obvious in testing, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for the more technical flaws they're "investigating" for 1.4 being sorted any time soon.

If it worked, the game would be decent enough. Worth picking up in a good sale at some point.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2012, 15:00.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Jul 15, 2012, 22:12 Aero

It's a shame Splinter Cell is continuing down the Conviction route (even if it does pull back a little). I was just thinking a week or so ago how good the first Splinter Cell was, and I picked up Conviction when I saw it in the Steam sale, and it's really just not the same at all.  

News Comments > Brick-Force Launches
3. Re: Brick-Force Launches Jul 12, 2012, 23:21 Aero

I could maybe see it being cool with large, fully destructible levels, real time physics (blocks flying and bouncing around), and ridiculous weapons with fast combat. Doesn't really seem to be the case unfortunately.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
3. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 22:39 Aero

MP3 could really use a SP survival mode. Take some of the set pieces from the single player game, throw the player in there and throw waves of enemies at them.

I really liked the SP game, but I'm not getting my replay value out of it because of all the cut scenes. The thing is, I do want to play more of it because the action itself is good fun, but there's too much crap in the way in the normal SP game.

758 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo