Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 748 (Apprentice)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 1, 2012, 23:05 Aero

"NBA 2K13 Executive Produced by Jay Z"

wtf

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 Enters Closed Beta
5. Re: Miner Wars 2081 Enters Closed Beta Sep 26, 2012, 18:09 Aero

I've been a little unclear on what this is all about, which has prevented me from buying into it. Does it take place primarily in tunnels in asteroids? They mention an open-world aspect, but does that mean you can travel about the solar system?

I like some of what I hear and have seen, but it does seem to keep coming back to a Descent-style tunnel shooter. I never cared much for Descent (first three), but if the tunnel fighting is one aspect of a more varied space sim experience, that's okay. Are there missions taking place in free space?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2012, 14:36 Aero

Oh, that reminds me. Anybody remember a site called Psycho News? Somehow, from that site when it went under, I switched to Blue's News. I remember thinking there was some relation between them or something, but it's all pretty hazy.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2012, 14:04 Aero

I think Aces Hardware is the only defunct tech site I miss at all. In a time when every self proclaimed expert started a tech site from their bedroom, they had actual engineers.  

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
15. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 10, 2012, 23:09 Aero

In the grand scheme of things, the Wing Commander movie was bad, granted, but all things considered I was actually fairly impressed. I was expecting much, much worse. There are definitely worse directors out there that somehow get to keep making films.

The "connected experience" part makes me think MMO. I'd really rather that wasn't the case. With space sims, I get to play out my fantasies about being Han Solo and get immersed in the universe. Frankly, nothing wrecks immersion more than a bunch of other people. It *could* be awesome with other people, but it won't be and there isn't really anything anyone can do about it.

Dedicated servers supporting high player counts (128+) would be ideal though. Then it could be little communities.

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
6. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 10, 2012, 21:45 Aero

Man, if this turns out to be something stupid like some self-indulgent Molyneux masturbation I will be very upset.

I don't think so though. I have more and more hope.

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
34. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 19:17 Aero

Freelancer was good. It just didn't live up to the hype and it could have been better. It pretty much turned out to just be a great game instead of the all time classic we (up to a point in development, anyways) anticipated.

If this thing, whatever it is, turns out to be a space sim in the same style (not a mission based shooter)... it will be hard to wait for.

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
13. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 10, 2012, 15:23 Aero

Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 Aero

Heh, yeah I just watched the E3 trailers. I don't know what game that is, but it's not this one. The plot isn't even remotely the same except for the catastrophe thing. Looks pretty good though.

edit: That said, I'm liking it enough to play through it, and some bits of it are quite good, so it's worth my $15.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 10:10 Aero

I bought it. It's okay. I like what they were trying to do as it's fairly unique, but the execution is pretty mediocre.

I think it's worth $15 though. It's a no frills but solid enough port. I've read other people having some complaints about re-mapping certain controls and some people have mouse lag or issues, though that's fine for me. It's probably best played with a controller.

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2012, 20:01 Aero

Rigs wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 19:45:
It's obviously a prequel to Rebel Assault. Come on guys, think!

You'd shit yourself if it was...come to think of it, so would I...

I dunno about that. Rebel Assault kind of sucked.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 14:56 Aero

I was waiting for the PC version, but it seems I'd be just as well served by buying a secondhand copy of the PS3 version.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 23, 2012, 23:07 Aero

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:55:
Terrible port. Render resolution is locked at 1024x720...

Wow, that's far and away the worst example I've ever heard of when it comes to half-assing a PC port... particularly when some random guy sorts it out for them within hours of the release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 18:52 Aero

I like it better than any GTA-alike I've played in a long time, including GTA4. It's the kung fu that makes it. I like the story too so far. Nothing really special about it, but it keeps things moving along nicely.

A gamepad is the way to go for sure, but it's okay on a keyboard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2012, 18:21 Aero

Yeah I'm liking Sleeping Dogs a lot actually, and I got sick of the GTA-style games years ago. SD is much more focused, and the brawler gameplay is done pretty well. The "open world" thing by itself doesn't do it for me anymore (not since Vice City really) no matter how well the environment is realized.

If it weren't for some goofiness and awkwardness here and there (like the camera control while driving and sometimes cheap enemy brawling AI, for instance), it would be almost brilliant. I think I'm going to have to get out the 'ol Xbox360 controller for this one. It's better for fighting and driving anyways, and I can always switch over to the mouse+kb when I have to do some shooting.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 13, 2012, 21:58 Aero

Ohhhhhhhh, it's our fault Ubisoft isn't releasing innovative games. They can't because their games are too perfect just the way they are.

Gee, I'm real sorry Jade. Forgive me?

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
16. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 13, 2012, 02:04 Aero

Yeah, I dunno. I suppose I might buy it just because there has been a bit of a drought of action games lately, but given its pedigree, I don't have a huge amount of hope.

I like the premise though, and it looks like the graphics are pretty good for an open-world game, so here's to hoping it's good.

News Comments > Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer Aug 10, 2012, 10:59 Aero

Overon wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 07:00:
I have to comment on some of the textures. When the player leans out the textures on the wall look absolutely horribly low resolution. I hope the gameplay compensates for the old school textures.

The design does seem a little mixed up, as though it varies a little unevenly between different art styles, and there seems to be a general lack of detail to the levels (which could just be a trade-off, maybe the levels are really big or something) and it has the sort of over-sized props that games have been getting away from lately. Anyways, the graphics aren't very impressive. I'd call it "good enough" though, if the game play is fun.

This trailer does, more than anything else I've seen of it so far, give the impression that it's going to be one of those games espousing giving the player lots of freedom, though it's really just the freedom between two or three obvious and prescribed solutions.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
24. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 22:02 Aero

I rather liked Diablo 3 (except for the DRM), but two playthroughs was plenty for me. I find it difficult to believe there are really so many people playing it long enough to warrant having an auction house. Do that many people really play it over and over and over again like someone would play an MMO?

Seems to me that Blizzard kind of lost the plot here. Either that or they're getting a little too evil, specifically trying to take advantage of obsessive compulsive people.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2012, 17:44 Aero

Firefox really has become a big schizoid mess with development bumbling forward faster than it should with no clear goal or methodology. It's a shame because there were some plugins I really liked, but it just wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with all the regression and bloat.  

748 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo