Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AeroMechanical

Real Name AeroMechanical   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Aero
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2007, 02:48
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 40534

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
16. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 13, 2012, 02:04 Aero

Yeah, I dunno. I suppose I might buy it just because there has been a bit of a drought of action games lately, but given its pedigree, I don't have a huge amount of hope.

I like the premise though, and it looks like the graphics are pretty good for an open-world game, so here's to hoping it's good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored Creative Kills Trailer Aug 10, 2012, 10:59 Aero

Overon wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 07:00:
I have to comment on some of the textures. When the player leans out the textures on the wall look absolutely horribly low resolution. I hope the gameplay compensates for the old school textures.

The design does seem a little mixed up, as though it varies a little unevenly between different art styles, and there seems to be a general lack of detail to the levels (which could just be a trade-off, maybe the levels are really big or something) and it has the sort of over-sized props that games have been getting away from lately. Anyways, the graphics aren't very impressive. I'd call it "good enough" though, if the game play is fun.

This trailer does, more than anything else I've seen of it so far, give the impression that it's going to be one of those games espousing giving the player lots of freedom, though it's really just the freedom between two or three obvious and prescribed solutions.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
24. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 22:02 Aero

I rather liked Diablo 3 (except for the DRM), but two playthroughs was plenty for me. I find it difficult to believe there are really so many people playing it long enough to warrant having an auction house. Do that many people really play it over and over and over again like someone would play an MMO?

Seems to me that Blizzard kind of lost the plot here. Either that or they're getting a little too evil, specifically trying to take advantage of obsessive compulsive people.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2012, 17:44 Aero

Firefox really has become a big schizoid mess with development bumbling forward faster than it should with no clear goal or methodology. It's a shame because there were some plugins I really liked, but it just wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with all the regression and bloat.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content
8. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 17:23 Aero

Buggy crap, but hopefully the patch will fix that.

It's actually not so bad when it works. I like it better than all the GR games aside from the first one, though that isn't saying a whole lot.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
1. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 17:17 Aero

Apogee? Really?

It's been a while since I've dialed into the Software Creations BBS.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
5. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:20 Aero

It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
1. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Jul 31, 2012, 21:36 Aero

Um... so the Rockstar Pass, which costs $30, saves me 35% on $30 worth of DLC? That can't be right.

edit: Wait... the so the Rockstar Pass *is* the DLC, just all as a lump for $30. I should think before I write. Though I'm still not seeing where the 35% comes in.

Anyways, if in any of this stuff there is a single player mode where you just kill wave after wave of enemies in various environments, I will buy that for sure.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
5. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 11:12 Aero

Yeah, this pretty much felt like a step backward from FSX in many (most of?) the important aspects. The only thing it really had going for it was that they seemed to sort out a lot of the graphics-engine issues FSX has: looks like crap, and as a bonus runs like crap... without hours of tweaking and installing add-on scenery.

It's a shame to see it go though, because it might have turned into something good. I kind of doubt X-Plane will ever get the sort of mass behind it that FSX has. Eagle Dynamics have a potentially interesting product in DCS World, but that will probably always be combat focused and it seems like the civil aviation people are the ones that spend the most money on third party content.

News Comments > Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans
4. Re: Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 Aero

Seems at this point, they would have been a lot better off delaying a little bit and targeting DCS World.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier Patch
1. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier Patch Jul 22, 2012, 14:44 Aero

This game is a giant mess. Constant CTDs, MP doesn't work. One of the buggiest games I've come across in a while.

Stay the hell away until (if) they patch it.

edit: "patch it" refers to the next patch (1.4) and if it does what it's supposed to. Given that it has taken them this long to patch these relatively trivial (though, of course, crucial) things that should have been obvious in testing, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for the more technical flaws they're "investigating" for 1.4 being sorted any time soon.

If it worked, the game would be decent enough. Worth picking up in a good sale at some point.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2012, 15:00.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Jul 15, 2012, 22:12 Aero

It's a shame Splinter Cell is continuing down the Conviction route (even if it does pull back a little). I was just thinking a week or so ago how good the first Splinter Cell was, and I picked up Conviction when I saw it in the Steam sale, and it's really just not the same at all.  

News Comments > Brick-Force Launches
3. Re: Brick-Force Launches Jul 12, 2012, 23:21 Aero

I could maybe see it being cool with large, fully destructible levels, real time physics (blocks flying and bouncing around), and ridiculous weapons with fast combat. Doesn't really seem to be the case unfortunately.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
3. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 22:39 Aero

MP3 could really use a SP survival mode. Take some of the set pieces from the single player game, throw the player in there and throw waves of enemies at them.

I really liked the SP game, but I'm not getting my replay value out of it because of all the cut scenes. The thing is, I do want to play more of it because the action itself is good fun, but there's too much crap in the way in the normal SP game.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues
18. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 14:44 Aero

So, other than that, is it any good? For some reason, largely due to boredom and some cash to burn, I decided I was going to buy either this or Spec Ops (knowing full well neither was going to be particularly good) and the couple reviews I read pushed me towards Spec Ops and it is so far, as I expected, good enough for me to play and have some fun with, but very thoroughly mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

There's a good bet I'll end up buying this one eventually too though, because there really isn't much in the way of upcoming action games for the PC until winter. It's just a question of how soon.

News Comments > DCS: P-51D Mustang Trailer
8. Re: DCS: P-51D Mustang Trailer Jun 24, 2012, 18:39 Aero

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 16:41:
Wildone wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 16:08:
its cool n all but I dont see the point..you fly around in..the..crimea..?!? and..do what..exactly...? 0_0
Did you actually watch the video? They appeared to be engaging German aircraft. I also thought this was odd (a WW2 aircraft placed into a modern setting) but it looks as though they're at least providing enemy aircraft to dogfight.

No, I'm pretty sure those are just other P-51's they're fighting. Certainly there is nothing but P-51's in there now, and last I heard there were no plans to add any contemporary opponents. Surely modders will take care of it eventually though. There are already screenshots of modded 190's floating around (likely P-51D physics with 190 models, but that's better than nothing).

It is indeed a lovely simulation of the P-51D, but there isn't a whole lot to do with it yet.

News Comments > 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo
20. Re: 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo Jun 23, 2012, 01:24 Aero

I thought we got over the whole synthetic benchmark thing years ago anyways.  

News Comments > Tex Murphy - Project Fedora Funded
1. Re: Tex Murphy - Project Fedora Funded Jun 11, 2012, 20:01 Aero

That's good news. I only ever played Under a Killing Moon, and I don't remember it all that well except that the 3D graphics were really impressive for the time and I liked the characters.

Actually, as I recall, I rented it from the video store... back in the FMV days (when most games were crap), but were mostly impossible to pirate because a typical hard drive was smaller than a CD and there were no consumer writers. That lasted about a year.

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
59. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 9, 2012, 15:45 Aero

Free-to-Play, as it tends to be implemented, could very well kill gaming for people like me. I'm happy to pay for content, and games like Rise of Flight have a good free to play model where the base product with two planes is free but you can buy additional planes. I've probably put at least $100 into that and don't feel ripped off at all. A thoroughly researched, well modeled and simulated airplane is something I don't mind paying for. They put a lot of effort into making something, and I pay them for that effort. It's perfectly natural.

Other games though, where you're paying for what amounts to changing a few variables to increase the stats on some weapon or something are not at all for me. It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay and can earn it through grinding or some other mechanism, the game will be designed around getting people to pay out a little bit at a time, to make it inconvenient not to do so.

I don't want that shit infecting my game play. I will happily pay up front, or pay a subscription, or pay for new REAL content, but I want a game that is designed primarily to entertain me, not engineered by some psychologist to manipulate me into paying out bit by bit with little promises of entertainment to come.

It will be interesting to see how bad this gets. Selling addiction can be pretty good business.

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
57. Re: Open World Multiplayer ? Jun 5, 2012, 20:19 Aero

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 18:28:
I assumed it was just another segment of the single-player game; it wouldn't be the first time you're bouncing between several characters throughout a story campaign. You're right though, that would make for some interesting multiplayer.

That's an intersting idea. Now, what if your player model was randomly assigned and there was no way to tell an NPC from a player aside from how they acted (so good players would blend in with NPCs), and you were all sent to the same place for related but different, possibly conflicting, reasons.

There are some definite possibilities there. Who knows though.

edit: Think I quoted the wrong part of that, but you get the idea.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo