Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Hoenig

Real Name Michael Hoenig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname apeman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 16, 2000, 22:56
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 4021

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
15. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 19, 2013, 08:43 apeman

Quinn wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 06:33:
What I do hope so very, very much is that they haven't tinkered with the lore of the Thief world too much. I really loved the mystic and religious touch to it.

Actually... scratch that:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/79782/thief-dev-answers-community-questions

Are the old non-City Watch factions going to return--such as the Pagans, Hammerites, and Keepers--if only to give life to The City?

Because it's a reinvention, we are not going back to the old factions. We want new factions. The last story didn't give us a lot of options. We wanted to take a step back and make sure we have everything right for a new, fresh experience within this universe. There may be some references back to keep the following happy, but it will be all new groups.

The two new factions are the Baron and he has The Watch. We also have a dissident group called the Raven. There is a political conflict that Garrett finds himself in the middle of. There will be characters associated with the group that will reveal themselves within the game.

crap

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
14. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 19, 2013, 08:32 apeman

Quinn wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 06:33:
What I do hope so very, very much is that they haven't tinkered with the lore of the Thief world too much. I really loved the mystic and religious touch to it.

This! I loved discovering the history of the various factions, and the way the story unfolded, especially in the first game, was breathtaking - anyone remember the cut scene after the "Sword" mission in Constantine's manor?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 17, 2013, 01:53 apeman

See? Governments can be good, after all  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
25. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 22:53 apeman

Overon wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 17:38:
Garret is a thief, not a ninja assassin.

Hear hear!!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 13, 2013, 05:26 apeman

Oh Cliffy.... that was a pretty pathetic attempt at defending Adam Orth, just because you know someone who knows someone who claims he's a good guy.
"Deal with it", you say. Yet you have totally failed to explain just what these supposed advantages of always-on would be? For the gamers that is, not for the gaming companies...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 18, 2012, 05:06 apeman

Hear hear!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2011, 20:27 apeman

The UN might not be the perfect global organisation - but it's the only one we've got...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2011, 06:02 apeman

yuastnav wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:30:
To be fair, though, that's both a childish and a stupid saying.

Maybe so. But does it not apply here?

yuastnav wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:30:
And if we resort to just parroting platitudes without any form of real discussion think about that one: "To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth."

Well, that's one platitude I certainly don't agree with.
If Stallman wanted to make his point properly, he shouldn't have connected Steve Jobs' death to him being glad about anything. It sounds like an implicit admission that FOSS would have never been able to compete while someone as formidable as SJ was at the helm of Apple.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2011, 20:05 apeman

Stallman once more demonstrates his complete lack of social skills, and in my opinion is doing the free/open source community a big disservice by being such a childish prick about this. Like the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2011, 21:15 apeman

I guess only gentiles have been posting in this thread so far...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2011, 21:33 apeman

I don't know how readily available it is in your part of the world, but if you can get hold of some fresh Ahi (tuna) steaks, it's the closest thing to red meat you can have while actually eating fish. And it's delicious, and healthy to boot.
I live in Hawaii so it's pretty easy to come by... But check it out if you can, you won't be disappointed

News Comments > Karateka Remake Planned
25. Re: heh Jul 28, 2008, 17:25 apeman

there was an easter egg on the apple 2 version of the game on floppy disk. they put the game on both sides of the floppy but the one on side 2 had the game flipped upside down.

Damn, you're right!
I played it on my //c all those years ago and never realized.
If anyone is looking for side 2 of the Karateka disk, it's here:
ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.com/pub/apple_II/images/games/sports/karateka__side-b.zip

News Comments > Karateka Remake Planned
23. Re: heh Jul 28, 2008, 07:57 apeman

If I load up the new version with the DVD (or whatever) upside-down, will the game load up upside down on screen, like my old trusty Apple ][ version did?

Hmm what?

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost/Oblivion Follow-up
50. Re: Old duffers Jun 12, 2008, 08:59 apeman

So they're basically three middle-aged blokes who go to the pub together and thought they'd have a casual go at developing a game, after having played some Amiga titles over a decade ago. Hilarity ensues....

News Comments > Valve and id Afoul of the GPL?
19. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2007, 14:14 apeman

I just think that the community is up in arms not because the GPL might be violated but because a large company that makes a lot of money is the one potentially doing it. I think their explosion over at Slashdot is more about hating "the man" than enforcing what the GPL stands for.

Fair enough. And is that so wrong? I mean, a large and well-off company should really have the resources to either write their own software, or at least check out the legal situation before they go taking advantage of a bunch of guys who write an emulator in their spare time...

News Comments > Valve and id Afoul of the GPL?
14. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2007, 13:41 apeman

Flipping out over trivial GPL related matters like this is why many people see the open source and Linux communities and elitist and snobby. Of course many of them aren't like this but this type of flipping out over text files is what gets them a bad rap.

You're being unfair here, and missing the point entirely - it's not about two missing text files, it's about the fact that Valve (or iD) are using someone else's work without giving any credit. DOSBox is free, a bit of recognition is the least Valve should give them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. So unhip.... May 24, 2007, 23:22 apeman

I've lost my harmonica, Albert!

News Comments > Morning Q&A
23. Re: May 20, 2006, 03:57 apeman

IRC, the time before BG was a pretty lackluster period where CRPG's were pretty crappy as a whole.

Sorry, but that's total rubbish. I assume you are quite young so have never heard of "classics" like Ultima or the Bard's Tale?

This comment was edited on May 20, 03:57.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2006, Part 6
24. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 14:54 apeman

So you have a problem with beer and hot chicks? Look, I'm an educated guy

Suuuuure.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2006, 14:36 apeman

Lol, shut up yourself - he's a producer, not a director.

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo