Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Palle

Real Name Palle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Starang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 31, 2007, 08:41
Total Comments 142 (Novice)
User ID 39621

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
30. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December Oct 4, 2010, 17:29 Starang

Kedyn wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 14:25:
Your mistake. In my experience, anyone who calls WotLK "too casual" has also never even killed the Lich King on normal mode, or tried ANY of the raid encounters on heroic difficulty. Oh boo hoo, people who have jobs can gets lewts! How can a l33t dewd survive in such a harsh world now?

You are right, I never did kill The Lich King I quit about a month after Uludar was released because I got bored. I did all the hard modes but I never killed Algalon on 10 man and never killed Yogg hard mode 25 man. That I have to be some as you say "l33t dewd" because I think the whole game had become too casual in all areas is simply wrong and I think hard mode is a lazy way to make the game fun. In my experience, anyone who calls someone a "l33t dewd" is a douche bag but this time I'll write it off as you getting mad because I have an opinion that differs from yours about your favorite game in the whole world.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
5. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December Oct 4, 2010, 11:56 Starang

First expansion I won't be buying, it went way to casual for me with Wrath of the lich king, with that said it will probably still be the best mmorpg around.  

News Comments > Steam Wallet Beta
3. Re: Steam Wallet Beta Sep 13, 2010, 22:01 Starang

This has to be a joke.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2010, 21:58 Starang

Found a pic with information on how to unsubscribe from xbox live

http://i.imgur.com/OG703.png (some nsfw text)

News Comments > Dead State Announced
7. Re: Dead State Announced Aug 26, 2010, 14:07 Starang

Man this sounds fucking great, now I just hope it actually turns out as good as it sounds.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 24, 2010, 20:51 Starang

Was going to get this as it is just my type of game but after reading their forums the game seems unfinished and buggy as hell. I am tired of paying for betas so I will wait until it's half price and hopefully by that time actually out of beta.  

News Comments > Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?
18. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 21:03 Starang

Why even include space combat if it's going to be like that ? Why the fuck would I want to play a rail shooter ever ? I hate it in first person shooters but there at least I only have to do the "event" once.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
112. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 14:35 Starang

I am sorry for your loss.  

News Comments > OnLive Latency Evaluation
8. Re: OnLive Latency Evaluation Jul 8, 2010, 00:39 Starang

So it's like being back on a 33,6 but also for sp games. Sounds great.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 5
27. Re: The Day the Gaming Industry Died Jun 16, 2010, 22:24 Starang

Worst E3 yet so far imo, thought the article at cracked was a fun read although I think he exaggerated a bit about the death of the gaming industry. The kinect looks like total garbage, just the fact that you have to stand up to use it makes is hilariously bad. The sony wand/move or whatever it's called looks like a wii mote and acts like a wii mote so nothing new there but I guess people will now be able to enjoy the same shovelware games the wii offers but in HD.  

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
25. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:00 Starang

space captain wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 18:44:
did you know you can turn auto-aim off??

guess not

Actually no I didn't know you could turn it off, played it at a friends house and played with the settings they were using. In any case even with no auto aim I would still have to use a gamepad and me and aiming with a gamepad does not go well together.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
17. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 18:40 Starang

Played it about 5 hours on the ps3 and it felt like one big auto aim fest, don't get me wrong I still thought it was great and I am a sucker for western themed games but I will hold out and hope for a pc release with mouse and keyboard and hopefully not an entirely auto aim focused experience.  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege 3 Announced
24. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 16:41 Starang

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 16:32:
I quit playing Dungeon Siege after I noticed that the game basically played itself. Neat graphics, crap gameplay and leveling. No thanks.

Exactly the way I felt.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: WHO swine flu experts 'linked' with drug companies. Jun 6, 2010, 12:18 Starang

LittleMe wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 16:23:
The real scandal is that there are serious health concerns. In Europe they found AIDS virus in the flu shots, for example. Don't take the mandatory shots!

Aids virus in the flu shots, I call bs.

News Comments > Darkfall Online 14-Day Trial
12. Re: Darkfall Online 14-Day Trial Jun 3, 2010, 21:10 Starang

I actually have the exact opposite experience when it comes to Americans in mmo's, granted this was several years ago when playing Dark Ages Of Camelot on the US servers. I found most of the people very friendly and mature compared to the Europeans I usually play with and I had a blast playing over there. Back then I think the average age of the MMO crowd were much higher than it is now so that might have been a large part of my great experience, a lot of the people I played with were US soldiers stationed all over and I made a shitload of friends.  

News Comments > Total War Countdown
2. Re: Total War Countdown May 25, 2010, 09:38 Starang

Hope it's Rome 2.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released
5. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released May 18, 2010, 22:23 Starang

CJ_Parker wrote on May 18, 2010, 21:58:
I'm sure it was. If I were MS I'd pay morons like you $100 to STFU.

Seriously though... it needs to be said that MS -at least in BioWare's case- has adjusted its points system, well, and as far as I remember it's not just a BioWare thing but to the best of my knowledge the points system has been adjusted universally so you will never ever have to spend more money on points than what a DLC is worth.
I can confirm that as far as I am personally concerned. I bought several Dragon Age DLC packs for the PC and the packs of points I bought always matched the price of the DLC I wanted to buy so I never ever ended up with any leftover points. As far as I know that's exactly how they want to keep it for all future DLC, i.e. if you have a brain and can do simple math then there should be a near zero chance to buy more points than you need but I am extremely sure that some of the more creative fucktards out there will find ways to still screw themselves and then blame it on MS.

If that is the case why don't they skip the points system altogether, if it is exactly like you say that you never have to buy more points than the DLC actually cost. Is it for the customers convenience that they use it ? I could swear I read about several cases where people had to buy more points than shit actually cost but maybe they were as you say just fucktards that used creative ways to screw themselves so they can rage on MS.

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
96. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 19:08 Starang

Haven't enjoyed one single game from epic, ut and all the ut games that followed was the red headed stepchild compared to quake not to mention cs and later bf so epic not making games for the PC does not bother me at all. If PC is dying well I guess I have to stop playing games when that happens (or continue playing my old ones) because pretty much no games on the console interest me (god of war 3 finished it in 8 hours not buying a console for that).

If the next generation of consoles have mouse and keyboard, full hd graphics at 60+ fps, the ability to mod games, have deep strategy games like civ and Europa universalis, real rpg's, real shooters, dedicated server and doesn't force me to use a silly fucking wand or natal like bullshit then I will be the first in line to buy one. Oh I forgot, they can't charge me a fee for playing online unless it's an mmo and they don't force me to buy mickey fucking mouse money to buy dlc's or anything else. PS Gears of War sucked.

News Comments > Civilization V and Steamworks
34. Re: Civilization V and Steamworks May 6, 2010, 19:03 Starang

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 6, 2010, 17:52:
FFS people, you can set how steam updates games... if you dont want steam auto updating any game then just set it up to not do so.

Yeah that does not work, or at least it didn't for me with Empire total war, it auto updated every fucking time even if I told it not to because the patch in question broke my game. Maybe that's fixed now I don't know.

I know almost everyone loves steam but for me it's just an overpriced DRM system with a friends list, the fact that new games on steam costs 10-15 euro more compared to me going out and buying a physical copy is a fucking joke.

News Comments > APB in June/July Subscriptions Details
17. Re: APB in June/July Subscriptions Details May 1, 2010, 06:53 Starang

Needs an open beta, from the video footage available the customization looks pretty awesome but the gameplay does not.  

142 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo