Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > A Far Cry from German Approval
8. Re: The World's Second Largest Economy Apr 1, 2004, 12:26 rist3903

I read recently that Germany is experience a general malaise, that everyone there is feeling a bit glum. Can't help but think that these two subjects would be linked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeon Lords Website
9. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2004, 20:38 rist3903

I don't dig on the third person perspective at all. I want to be the char, not control it like a puppet.

News Comments > Pathologic Announced
13. Re: Wow Mar 30, 2004, 15:25 rist3903

Hey, in these blighted times I'm just happy its not a sequel, remake, or movie tie-in.

Edit: Ok, ok, some sequels/remakes aren't that bad, but the ones that try to expand their target audience, whoo boy do those sure smell pungent! Movie tie-ins invariably blow chunks though.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 15:31.

News Comments > Morning Preview
10. Re: PC Gamer this month Mar 30, 2004, 07:14 rist3903

Jesus that DMX ad is annoying as hell. Here I am trying not to wake the neighbors when all of a sudden..

Im going to wait to write it off too. But then again, I wrote off DX2.

Blue! Save our eardrums! For the love of all that is good, yank the gd DMX ad!

Edit: Holy crap I spelled 'ad' as 'add'. Shoot me. Thanks for yanking the ad, Blue, if you see this message!

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 20:11.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Is there life on Mars? Mar 26, 2004, 11:19 rist3903

There is now.

11. Re: Life on Mars Mar 26, 2004, 11:16 rist3903

I'm well aware of extremophiles, thanks. Their existence is why it would be so difficult to have a completely clean probe/lander on Mars, or anywhere else for that matter. Anaerobic and highly resistant to radiation microbes would do the trick nicely.

I thought it was kind of silly to assume Mars had no life whatsoever before we got there. It just seemed like an argument along similar lines to planet earth being the center of the universe and similar things people 'knew' up until recently.

6. Re: Life on Mars Mar 26, 2004, 10:53 rist3903

Do you mean if the assumption that Mars had little or no indigenous life previously turns out not to be correct?

Because if we have just introduced life to an otherwise barren planet, it would seem to be cause for celebration. Unless, you aren't particularly interested in life, in which case I suppose this would be something to mourn.

People may have wished to introduce life to Mars in a much more controlled manner, but considering how poorly we control our own environment, of which you gave some excellent examples, I don't see that idea as anything more than a pipe dream.

edited to look less sloppy.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 13:22.

1. Life on Mars Mar 26, 2004, 10:19 rist3903

"They are probably not going to survive in 200 kelvin conditions and in sulphuric acid...Maybe they could. And maybe we've just done a really terrible thing."

I don't understand why the concept of spreading life to a planet that may not have had it in the first place would be considered such a terrible thing. Humans are incredibly clumsy about this sort of thing, and if we are going to have further interaction with Mars we are going to do it sooner or later. Granted the new bacteria we brought might not get along with any potentially there already, but I'm sure they will find a balance in such a case, devouring each other and teaching one another new tricks. What, exactly, is the problem?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: hard disk risk Mar 25, 2004, 06:12 rist3903

And the most cathartic.

33. yeah.. Mar 14, 2004, 06:14 rist3903

I don't know about you guys, but I'm choosing the devil I don't know.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 06:15.

News Comments > Audio Shooter Revealed
9. Re: Other uses Mar 10, 2004, 05:56 rist3903

If they pull this off the real world applications are interesting to think about.

31. Re: Star Wars: Episode One Mar 1, 2004, 07:46 rist3903

Are you talking about surviving it by now taking however many years to dissolve in the gizzard of that thing? If so, I don't know if I would call that a fully realized existence.

News Comments > Game Development & Mods
9. Re: Standards and Practices Feb 29, 2004, 19:40 rist3903

Somebody came up with the model of the helicopter in halflife and Gabe Newell offered the first person to come up with a fun and interesting way to put it in the game a meal at a fancy restaurant. And all went their seperate ways and thought on this and eventually one came up with how it is implimented- and it became a particularly cool aspect of the game that no one had ever done in a fps before. It just doesn't seem like such a situation would come up in the ironed out by-the-numbers process you seem to be describing. I think the gleam will fade from several peoples' eyes in the industry as they are assigned their place on the assembly line. I could be mistaken though.

Edited for clarity
This comment was edited on Feb 29, 19:49.

News Comments > Game Development & Mods
5. Re: Standards and Practices Feb 29, 2004, 17:11 rist3903

I dunno. Sounds like trying to assembly line art to me.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: schigty schigty schwag Feb 29, 2004, 17:05 rist3903

Blue's just gotta learn to pace himself, is all.

News Comments > Consolidation
1. Xbox 2 on mac g5 Feb 29, 2004, 17:04 rist3903

It sounds so made up..

19. Star wars jumped the shark when... Feb 29, 2004, 16:35 rist3903

Maybe Boba turkey basted himself a little clone of his own before he went into the belly of the beast. Ya never know! It was kind of annoying to see someone supposedly so badass get offed so easily.

12. Star Wars: Episode One Feb 29, 2004, 14:14 rist3903

what a mistake that was, quantifying the force with Midichlorians.

News Comments > Battlezone II Beta Patch
3. Re: gamespot download Feb 29, 2004, 13:56 rist3903

Im pretty amazed that they are patching this, after so long

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Microsoft bows to price pressure Feb 29, 2004, 10:03 rist3903

IF linux ever becomes as widely used as windows(not any time this decade), expect to see just as many viruses and worms that target that platform.

And if that happens people will be considering the third or fourth operating system that is out by then. With the software equivalent of biodiversity, there comes a greater resistance to infectious software.

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo