Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Warcraft III Patch
7. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2004, 05:37 rist3903

the blademaster walk through units ability has been needed for a long long time. will be awesome in huge battles to be able to get to their heros!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Demo
124. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 05:23 rist3903

I too am really looking forward to see what people can do with the doom engine.

122. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 05:05 rist3903

That time when the imp spawned behind you when you picked something up? That was all thanks to their writer. Kudos!

93. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 22:25 rist3903

Graphics were good, sounds were sparse. Anyone else notice that your footsteps sounded the same no matter what surface you were on? I became very familiar with the old footstep noise, in a not so good way. The ai was pretty much unchanged from doom1. Monster sees you/is teleported behind you, moves toward you and shoots, if it has a ranged wep. They had some cool instances where imps did unexpected things like crawl out of narrow gaps and stuff, but that was totally scripted. The ai couldn't have do anything but walk towards you on flat surfaces. I can't wait to see what other developers do to make interesting game using the engine, which with the lighting and all, is stellar.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 22:26.

35. Re: Apologies to Neil Hymen Sep 19, 2004, 13:49 rist3903

The lack of coop multiplayer alone really brings the replay value down to negligible levels.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 13:50.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Stephen... Sep 18, 2004, 09:12 rist3903

Ew. You eat unwashed poptarts? I find its best to rinse them throroughly before consumption.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Nose steered mouse Sep 18, 2004, 01:40 rist3903

Cool idea, but it seems like our ultimate goal is to be absolutely motionless and yet have completel control over our computers. While this may be admirable in one light, striving for less and less movement necessary will not help obesity and poor health problems that are becoming endemic in the US and many other parts of the world..

3. Re: SpaceShipOne Sep 15, 2004, 06:12 rist3903

I would be VERY interested to see what the earth will be like 200 years from now.

News Comments > New Frozen Throne Map
4. Re: I wish... Jul 3, 2004, 22:24 rist3903

If you like controlling a single hero in a team based game, dota all stars is shaping up pretty well. You can craft items with it in a nifty little system that works well and is pretty easy to use. Needs a little more balancing though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Far Cry DVD Jul 3, 2004, 01:42 rist3903

I concur, although since I already bought the 5 CD version I couldn't justify getting the DVD one, unfortunately. I would so much rather have DVD verions of games, particularly for those that would have normally come on a rediculous number of CDS.

I suspect that publishers don't trust non-DVD owners to pick up the appropriate box in America. I would like to think that computer game players are a notch above the average American though in terms of paying attention to that sort of thing though.

News Comments > New Frozen Throne Map
2. Re: I wish... Jul 3, 2004, 01:28 rist3903

Uh, they do. They introduce a ton of new maps, people mess around with them, and based on the feedback pick a select few and put them in rotation. And then based on the feedback they receive after that either take them back out of keep them there for a while. Unless you mean a random map that you could thumb down. A lot of these maps are somewhat unbalanced though, and if people got to play them for ladder credit they might be annoyed if they got the suck end of a badly balanced map. I know I would.

2. Re: Spidey 2 Jul 1, 2004, 11:10 rist3903

I thought it had some decidedly odd pacing, but was otherwise quite good.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: So, what... Jul 1, 2004, 09:07 rist3903

Warcraft 3 could be played right out of the box on a mac. Using the same CD.

14. drought and flooding Jun 19, 2004, 16:35 rist3903

Yes, it's a record drought here in the west...and yet over the last three days, my neighborhood has flooded not once, but twice, due to severe rainstorms.

When soil becomes too dry, It can harden to a bricklike consistency which prevents it from absorbing water. Therefore, droughts can increase the potential for flooding.

News Comments > etc.
13. No subject May 24, 2004, 14:40 rist3903

It is difficult to tell a developer to make a more moral game, as everyone doesn't have the same morals.

I think that the ratings stickers should say something along the lines of:

Warning. If you are buying this game for your child you are an imbecile, and personify a great deal of what is wrong with America today.

Something along a similar line should be done about people who bring tiny children/babies to horror movies.

edited to remove subtle gawkiness inherent in the previous iteration.
This comment was edited on May 24, 14:42.

News Comments > etc.
11. quick fix May 24, 2004, 13:31 rist3903

Another parent asking others to oversea their child...
Oversee. Not send offspring on a nautical journey.

If developers paid heed to this, would games like thief not be developed? You do pilfer things, after all. Would they then try to say that games should allow you to do anything allowed by the ten commandments? Sounds exciting!

not.

edited for sparkle.

This comment was edited on May 24, 13:32.

News Comments > Snowblind Unveiled
28. Re: Release Date May 24, 2004, 06:59 rist3903

Im just glad its not set in World War II.

10. Re: No subject May 23, 2004, 16:29 rist3903

Archaeologists say that a certain thing in the Bible is just fairy tale only to be proven wrong when they discover archaeological evidence that that person or place actually exist.

Salem, Massachussetts had witch trials, and it exists. Therefore, witches must exist.

8. Re: No subject May 23, 2004, 16:23 rist3903

You might not want to look on the internet for people to respect your wishes vis-a-vis religion, or any other subject for that matter.

"God is my favorite fictional character"
-Homer Simpson

6. Andnowforsomethingcompletelydifferent. May 13, 2004, 12:43 rist3903

I wonder how soon we are going to see noticable effects from that lack of energy.

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo