Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
2. Re: WoW review. Nov 29, 2004, 04:22 rist3903

From what I have read, the sheer number of quests available through your teens is maintained throughout the rest of it as well. I don't think there will ever be a time when you run out of quests and then say 'now for the grinding part of the game'. Blizzard mentioned somewhere that there were over two thousand quests.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Update - HL2 Troubleshooting
10. Re: Wow Nov 20, 2004, 04:28 rist3903

I have this problem too.
I am currently using an AMD XP 2600+
1 GB ram
9800 All In Wonder ATI card.
An old soundblaster live card.

I was planning on replacing the soundcard, but from what that guy says it isn't the problem. Still want to replace it though.

I had it in the original half-life as well, but much less frequently. It seemed to happen then when it was loading music from the CD, like when the gigantic fish beast jumped up out of the water when you saw it for the first time.

News Comments > EverQuest II to Ship, Beta to End
35. honers vs. forgers Nov 6, 2004, 09:29 rist3903

There used to be a lot less incentive to grouping in diablo II as well, but Blizzard worked on the problem and came up with a pretty decent solution. People have complained that Blizzard never does anything groundbreaking, but they are missing point about the company- Blizzard is a honer. They take an existing idea and fine tune it and make it better than the other guys product. They are not forgers by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, they continue to be honers after their games are released, meaning they recognize flaws in said games, many of which have been listed in this thread, and take steps to change their product- to unlock its full potential. The only downside to this is that it takes them freaking forever for their patches to come out, considering how much they realize how important those are.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Time for some cornholing! Nov 2, 2004, 12:47 rist3903

I think we should all take a page from The American Cornhole Association

5. Re: 2 Dogs Oct 30, 2004, 12:42 rist3903

If you want a smart dog, you may want to reconsider getting a purebreed. I highly recommend a schnoodle, which is a cross between a schnauzer and a poodle.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/schnoodle.htm

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: No Subject Oct 6, 2004, 21:12 rist3903

I myself am looking forward to the clothes that morph into a motorcycle.

12. Wag the dog Oct 6, 2004, 09:13 rist3903

I think that its really cool that the dog is getting a lot of requests for adoption now that it has shown intelligence. One can only hope Americans will choose a president based on that criteria as well.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Horrible iPod review Oct 4, 2004, 22:43 rist3903

When style and technology join at a rare nexus like this nerds salivate just as much if not more than the less technologically savant.

2. Re: Another pet Oct 3, 2004, 07:31 rist3903

A hairless cat perhaps.

News Comments > etc.
4. Alternative MM Revenue models Sep 30, 2004, 14:51 rist3903

Does anyone know much about Project Entropia, or has played it? I am intrigued by its currency exchange concept with hard currency. Very cool idea.

https://www.project-entropia.com/Index.ajp

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. simplified windows Sep 28, 2004, 05:07 rist3903

I can hardly wait to get my hands on windows minus one!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: TV over phone lines Sep 27, 2004, 10:49 rist3903

There is more market saturation for people with high speed internet access, which makes it much more feasible now. I'm not sure it will be huge here, as most Americans like passive entertainment. The majority seems to enjoy having other people decide whats on television. Except for us gamers of course.

Edit: Moe?

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 14:42.

News Comments > GTA: San Andreas Movie
43. Re: Brother Main PC? Sep 26, 2004, 23:51 rist3903

Main Entry: gang bang
Function: noun
1 often vulgar : copulation by several persons in succession with the same passive partner
2 often vulgar : GANG RAPE
- gang-bang verb, often vulgar

News Comments > Warcraft III Patch
7. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2004, 05:37 rist3903

the blademaster walk through units ability has been needed for a long long time. will be awesome in huge battles to be able to get to their heros!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Demo
124. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 05:23 rist3903

I too am really looking forward to see what people can do with the doom engine.

122. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 05:05 rist3903

That time when the imp spawned behind you when you picked something up? That was all thanks to their writer. Kudos!

93. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 22:25 rist3903

Graphics were good, sounds were sparse. Anyone else notice that your footsteps sounded the same no matter what surface you were on? I became very familiar with the old footstep noise, in a not so good way. The ai was pretty much unchanged from doom1. Monster sees you/is teleported behind you, moves toward you and shoots, if it has a ranged wep. They had some cool instances where imps did unexpected things like crawl out of narrow gaps and stuff, but that was totally scripted. The ai couldn't have do anything but walk towards you on flat surfaces. I can't wait to see what other developers do to make interesting game using the engine, which with the lighting and all, is stellar.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 22:26.

35. Re: Apologies to Neil Hymen Sep 19, 2004, 13:49 rist3903

The lack of coop multiplayer alone really brings the replay value down to negligible levels.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 13:50.

2. Re: Stephen... Sep 18, 2004, 09:12 rist3903

Ew. You eat unwashed poptarts? I find its best to rinse them throroughly before consumption.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Nose steered mouse Sep 18, 2004, 01:40 rist3903

Cool idea, but it seems like our ultimate goal is to be absolutely motionless and yet have completel control over our computers. While this may be admirable in one light, striving for less and less movement necessary will not help obesity and poor health problems that are becoming endemic in the US and many other parts of the world..

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo