Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 918 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes off Newerth Free Week
5. Re: Heroes off Newerth Free Week Aug 3, 2010, 01:34 rist3903

LoL did something similar. They doubled ip gained during this last weekend. Couldn't make it free and whatnot, seeing as how it already is.

On Saturday I logged on to play it but the communication servers were down making me unable to find and join friends in games. Went back to Sc2 and missed the rest of the weekend. Riot, fix your s**t please.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes off Newerth Free Week
3. Re: Heroes off Newerth Free Week Aug 2, 2010, 23:50 rist3903

It is the nature of the beast. It is quite possible for an opposing team to win from one person on your team dying over and over. People know this from experience, and so when you start dying they get kind of prickly.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
86. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 03:26 rist3903

Sorry to hear that, Blue. Thanks for bringing up smoking on your forums as something that should be addressed.

Take care.

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
52. Re: o0 Jul 30, 2010, 22:18 rist3903

This should only affect systems with CRAPPY COOLING. Come on, if your system can't survive running at 100% for a bit, then YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

EVERY computer system should be able to handle 100% load. Otherwise you could have something as "minor" as those stupid malformed flash ads that suck up 100% of CPU screw your computer up.

(note that this is DIFFERANT than the nvidia fan driver bugs where the fan was set to a low speed regardless of temperature and some of the graphics cards burned up).

Sure every computer can and should be able to handle 100% load for a while, but from the sound of this a user could have it running at 100% load for as long as it takes his card to melt. He could go afk and get a sandwich while his GPU is redlining.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2010, 22:49.

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
44. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 17:24 rist3903

One of my personal gripes, not so much a bug as a poor design function...why can't I pause a single player game and chat with people messaging me? I have to let the gameplay tick away while I'm responding to someone.

QFT.

This coupled with the inability to make it appear that I am offline while playing the single player game makes for a singularly frustrating experience.

I am not interested in always being available to the people on my friends list, Blizzard. I realize I can set myself to unavailable or whatnot, but this is a poor substitute as it does not deter some.

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
45. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 23, 2010, 08:17 rist3903

I think console/PC cross playing could be great, but only in games where the PC isn't a ridiculously unbalanced advantage. MMOs or RTS games come to mind.

I think this concept could work in a fps, but have the storyline set up so that console gamers are better equipped with weapons, armor and supplies. If you were a PC player you would have to circle strafe around to hit them in the back as they have too much armor anywhere else while they slowly turn around like elephants on special k.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2010, 08:25.

News Comments > Free Alien Swarm Release
29. Re: Free Alien Swarm Release Jul 20, 2010, 03:47 rist3903

It is fun! Short, but this is to be expected considering it is free. I look forward to unlocking more of the weapons.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2010, 20:17 rist3903

I am surprised if it is such a small market share that Valve went out of their way to make their games available on it. Seems like they would be signing up for a lot of headaches with not much return.  

News Comments > Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick
25. Re: Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick Jul 14, 2010, 16:26 rist3903

Go Tim go!  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Announcement Nears
10. Re: Dead Space 2 Announcement Nears Jul 7, 2010, 19:44 rist3903

"If you look closely you might find that there's a hint hidden in here about a big announcement we'll be making this week. Let the guessing begin!"

This sort of statement seems somewhat pathetic. Instead of giving your fans a chance to stumble upon the hints about the upcoming game, you lead them by the nose and say something as painfully straightforward as that.

Hiding something in your announcements that hint about bits of the new game? Nifty. Telling people that you put it there? Extremely lame.

News Comments > League of Legends Season One Next Week
1. Re: League of Legends Season One Next Week Jul 6, 2010, 15:09 rist3903

Sweet. Looking forward to this.

Haters gonna hate.

News Comments > StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch
5. Re: StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch Jul 4, 2010, 15:25 rist3903

I am positive that this will be a setting you can turn off easily.

I am also pretty sure that nobody who plays competitively will use it.

News Comments > TF2 Engineer Update Clue?
3. Re: TF2 Engineer Update Clue? Jul 2, 2010, 16:47 rist3903

It would be pretty neat (and obnoxious) if it delayed their respawn time.  

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
14. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 15:52 rist3903

Holy crap Prez! I was just thinking of the game Master of Magic as I was in the process of reading this forum and you go and mention it. I am shocked and amazed, sir.

That was such a great game.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Free Weekend
4. Re: Heroes of Newerth Free Weekend Jun 30, 2010, 22:35 rist3903

League of Legends is always free to play.

It has it's fair share of jerks as well though, just as any community on the planet does.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
10. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 26, 2010, 13:31 rist3903

Rage does look pretty sweet.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
43. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 23, 2010, 03:14 rist3903

I miss the PvP. It was the last thing holding me to the game, and then I kept getting a disconnect bug that no one else had that seemed to happen 90% of the time in PvP. Having just recently gotten the blizzard authenticator made this problem 10 times worse. In a pitched battle in PvP, get disconnected, and have to type in the number every time. I would disc several times in one battleground. Extremely unfun!

Asked tech support about it, they said delete your WTF folder and restart on your add-ons. Didn't help, so I left.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2010, 03:21.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. The Xbox 360 Slim (Valhalla): Dissection Galleries Up - AnandTech. Jun 19, 2010, 11:46 rist3903

The green ring of light apparently doesn’t turn red anymore (it only flashes green when there’s a problem? engineering meet marketing).

Hah.

News Comments > Trine 2 Announced
13. Re: Trine 2 Announced Jun 19, 2010, 08:53 rist3903

As I was playing through their game I was thinking how much I would love for them to make a Castlevania. Metroid would be pretty sweet in their hands as well.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
6. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:45 rist3903

Was the gameplay footage recorded from an Xbox 360!?!?

That was indeed recorded from an Xbox 360. I am looking forward to this one! (On the PC though)

918 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo