Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
19. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 18:49 rist3903

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/8/30/

As a setting, we've emphasized on multiple occasions that the Bible is woefully underutilized. Once you start looking at the book from a gaming perspective, the genres jump right off the fucking page. Obviously, Exodus - the period covered by the game - should be an MMO. Jonah? Adventure. Samson is an Action RPG - he literally equips a weapon mid-narrative. David? JRPG. Armageddon? Tactics. Dead Sea Scrolls? CCG. Song of Solomon? Dating sim.

Revelations? Survival horror.
This quote is from penny-arcade concerning the linked comic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 6, 2010, 06:53 rist3903

Wow I just got the heebie-jeebies just watching that review video for Amnesia!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Will motion controls reinvent gaming? Sep 4, 2010, 22:05 rist3903

These console addons will do as well as console addons usually do.  

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
8. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 16:46 rist3903

Hey - the guy who was called out on this forums as a "shill". Where are you now? Where are you in Stardock's time in need? YOU - who said that Elemental is an awesome game despite it's "minor" faults?

I'm not seeing you championing Stardock in it's worst possible time. Come on. Where are you? Let's see you cheerlead Stardock now.

He was laid off.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Will motion controls reinvent gaming? Sep 4, 2010, 06:42 rist3903

No.  

News Comments > On Diablo III Crafting
13. Re: On Diablo III Crafting Aug 31, 2010, 15:10 rist3903

Dungeon siege, while otherwise unexceptional other than the persistent world, had one feature I would love to see in Diablo III. You could create a little golem that would run around and pick up loot for you.

It was amazing!

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2010, 15:07 rist3903

Yep it is pretty messed up.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2010, 18:06 rist3903

I'm glad we have things like Point Lookout and Overlord, but shit like Operation Anchorage and Warden's Keep is a waste of time.

I felt like I had to get Warden's Keep because it included storage for your loot. It was the only thing I wanted from it and their decision not to include that in the basic game makes me not want to get DA:2.

News Comments > StarCraft II Interview
11. Re: StarCraft II Interview Aug 6, 2010, 00:05 rist3903

You can watch Starcraft2 replays without owning the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwtwz3Cbd7Y

You can even have someone telling you what is happening.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Aug 5, 2010, 23:04 rist3903

In fact, I expect that this game will be panned here at Blue's for some trifling concern like the widescreen FOV being wrong, the number of inventory tiles being wrong, or some other thing.

Okay here is a nitpick: in screens 14 and 15 there is some dangly white thing that looks suspiciously like a sprite. Hopefully it is just filler art or something.

All the rest looks excellent!

News Comments > EA Files Syndicate TMs
7. Re: EA Files Syndicate TMs Aug 4, 2010, 09:56 rist3903

Oh man Syndicate was a killer game.  

News Comments > StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch
63. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 3, 2010, 23:45 rist3903

Anyway, when you play this game on hard or brutal do the tactics change from the enemies or do they just rush more units? They don't handicap your units and call that hard mode? What changes on the harder modes exactly?

The unit composition changes which can make things very difficult. I recently started going through missions on brutal and on the second mission where you attack the dominion base after just having gotten medics, there was a siege tank defending.

The ai changes its targeting priorities as well. On the thor mission if you are playing on hard the enemies will ignore your scvs repairing and focus fire on the thor, on brutal it is pretty much vice versa making keeping him alive quite a bit harder. Generally it seems like the ai goes after your scvs much more often making previously easily accomplished things like keeping bunkers repaired challenging. You can also expect that the enemy will take out your medics if given half a chance.

I also noticed that they removed or increased upgrade caps for the enemy in a lot of missions whereas before you would be fighting on at least even footing but on brutal you can often be against 3/3 upgraded units while you are 2/2

I played against the highest level difficulty ai in a 2v2 with a friend just to see if we could turtle until we teched to formidable forces and had my socks knocked off when the ai sent in a force of 5 reapers who bypassed our front door, jumped over the wall next to my probes and demolished them. I sent my mobile force to attack them and they ran away with minimal losses. Amazing!

Needless to say, we could not beat the ai on that setting.

News Comments > Civilization V Demo in September
1. Re: Civilization V Demo in September Aug 3, 2010, 21:14 rist3903

Please tell me they aren't rushing this for a Christmas release.  

News Comments > Heroes off Newerth Free Week
5. Re: Heroes off Newerth Free Week Aug 3, 2010, 01:34 rist3903

LoL did something similar. They doubled ip gained during this last weekend. Couldn't make it free and whatnot, seeing as how it already is.

On Saturday I logged on to play it but the communication servers were down making me unable to find and join friends in games. Went back to Sc2 and missed the rest of the weekend. Riot, fix your s**t please.

News Comments > Heroes off Newerth Free Week
3. Re: Heroes off Newerth Free Week Aug 2, 2010, 23:50 rist3903

It is the nature of the beast. It is quite possible for an opposing team to win from one person on your team dying over and over. People know this from experience, and so when you start dying they get kind of prickly.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
86. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 03:26 rist3903

Sorry to hear that, Blue. Thanks for bringing up smoking on your forums as something that should be addressed.

Take care.

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
52. Re: o0 Jul 30, 2010, 22:18 rist3903

This should only affect systems with CRAPPY COOLING. Come on, if your system can't survive running at 100% for a bit, then YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

EVERY computer system should be able to handle 100% load. Otherwise you could have something as "minor" as those stupid malformed flash ads that suck up 100% of CPU screw your computer up.

(note that this is DIFFERANT than the nvidia fan driver bugs where the fan was set to a low speed regardless of temperature and some of the graphics cards burned up).

Sure every computer can and should be able to handle 100% load for a while, but from the sound of this a user could have it running at 100% load for as long as it takes his card to melt. He could go afk and get a sandwich while his GPU is redlining.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2010, 22:49.

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
44. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 17:24 rist3903

One of my personal gripes, not so much a bug as a poor design function...why can't I pause a single player game and chat with people messaging me? I have to let the gameplay tick away while I'm responding to someone.

QFT.

This coupled with the inability to make it appear that I am offline while playing the single player game makes for a singularly frustrating experience.

I am not interested in always being available to the people on my friends list, Blizzard. I realize I can set myself to unavailable or whatnot, but this is a poor substitute as it does not deter some.

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
45. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 23, 2010, 08:17 rist3903

I think console/PC cross playing could be great, but only in games where the PC isn't a ridiculously unbalanced advantage. MMOs or RTS games come to mind.

I think this concept could work in a fps, but have the storyline set up so that console gamers are better equipped with weapons, armor and supplies. If you were a PC player you would have to circle strafe around to hit them in the back as they have too much armor anywhere else while they slowly turn around like elephants on special k.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2010, 08:25.

News Comments > Free Alien Swarm Release
29. Re: Free Alien Swarm Release Jul 20, 2010, 03:47 rist3903

It is fun! Short, but this is to be expected considering it is free. I look forward to unlocking more of the weapons.  

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo