Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 923 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Kotick on Bungie & Indies
14. Chuffed. Sep 20, 2010, 16:56 rist3903

I had to look it up, and I am quite pleased about your usage of such an interesting word.

Chuffed!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 19, 2010, 22:29 rist3903

My previous self built computer was AMD. My current one is Intel. Next one will be AMD again even if there is a speed discrepancy because of this news.

You just lost a customer, Intel.

News Comments > Portal 2 Preorder Bonuses
5. Re: Portal 2 Preorder Bonuses Sep 18, 2010, 08:01 rist3903

No way I would sully the purchase of Portal 2 by getting it through the sleaze that is Gamestop.

Yes I am biased.

News Comments > Steam Serving AMD/ATI Drivers
15. Re: Steam Serving AMD/ATI Drivers Sep 15, 2010, 19:18 rist3903

I see this as a good thing. Yes, they could release a poor driver that causes people to blackscreen but there will be n+1 people using this, n being the number of people it takes to cause a big stink when their drivers don't work. The end result will be better quality testing before drivers are released in the future and fast response when the inevitable rears it's head.

Not necessarily in that order.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 14, 2010, 10:35 rist3903

Loss leader detected.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2010, 15:39 rist3903

The one prior to the one Blue linked is more humorous IMO.

Here is a link in case you do not feel like going to that one and hitting the back button:

http://www.xkcd.com/791/

They are hit or miss like all non-contiguous entertainment. Some are better than others. Not to mention that this type of humor might just not be your bag.

News Comments > Portal 2 Co-op Trailer
5. Re: Portal 2 Co-op Trailer Sep 9, 2010, 21:03 rist3903

I like the names Phallus and Ovum much better.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming
8. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 14:50 rist3903

The single player campaign was quite good. I am looking forward to seeing how they price the sequels though considering that they will probably add only a few elements to the multiplayer in each.  

News Comments > The Witness (Subtly) Revealed
2. Re: The Witness (Subtly) Revealed Sep 8, 2010, 08:54 rist3903

Someone made a game based on the movie Blow? But that movie kind of.. blew.
*grin

News Comments > Arkham City Multiplayer?
19. Re: Arkham City Multiplayer? Sep 6, 2010, 22:38 rist3903

I had not taken that into account. Good AI would solve this nicely, but I am not holding my breath.

Unfortunately tacked on multiplayer is done at the expense of the single player as well, budgets and deadlines being what they are. Granted, co-op is worse from the single player enthusiasts' perspective for all the reasons you have previously mentioned.

17. Re: Arkham City Multiplayer? Sep 6, 2010, 20:12 rist3903

QFT. It would be amazing if developers stopped feeling compelled to shoehorn multiplayer into games that don't fit well conceptually with it and instead tried to put in co-op.

Wait, you complain about shoehorning multiplayer into games that don't need it, then say that they should shoehorn co-op instead? Batman doesn't need co-op, neither do most of the games that have it these days.

In short, yes. I feel that co-op has untapped potential and I am using the definition of compel that follows:

to cause to do or occur by overwhelming pressure <public opinion compelled her to sign the bill>

I am saying that developers may rather not put multiplayer or co-op in their game, but either because the people that sign their checks demand it or because everyone else is doing it they feel they must.

I am biased in thinking that co-op offers much more and would like more games to have it, so that once in a great while one comes out with some truly interesting gameplay.

If said developers thought that co-op or multiplayer did not work for their game and did not want to include them I would be perfectly fine with it. If there is a compulsion however, I would rather it be towards co-op.

12. Re: Arkham City Multiplayer? Sep 6, 2010, 18:52 rist3903

If it's multiplayer as in Co-Op, then I am all for it. Otherwise I just don't see them pulling off multiplayer, UNLESS it's like the Splinter Cell series where you have 2 heroes, vs 2 villians with henchmen. THAT I would like to see.

QFT. It would be amazing if developers stopped feeling compelled to shoehorn multiplayer into games that don't fit well conceptually with it and instead tried to put in co-op.

I suppose it would usually result in the quality of most forced multiplayer games released though, sadly.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
19. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 18:49 rist3903

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/8/30/

As a setting, we've emphasized on multiple occasions that the Bible is woefully underutilized. Once you start looking at the book from a gaming perspective, the genres jump right off the fucking page. Obviously, Exodus - the period covered by the game - should be an MMO. Jonah? Adventure. Samson is an Action RPG - he literally equips a weapon mid-narrative. David? JRPG. Armageddon? Tactics. Dead Sea Scrolls? CCG. Song of Solomon? Dating sim.

Revelations? Survival horror.
This quote is from penny-arcade concerning the linked comic.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 6, 2010, 06:53 rist3903

Wow I just got the heebie-jeebies just watching that review video for Amnesia!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Will motion controls reinvent gaming? Sep 4, 2010, 22:05 rist3903

These console addons will do as well as console addons usually do.  

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
8. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 16:46 rist3903

Hey - the guy who was called out on this forums as a "shill". Where are you now? Where are you in Stardock's time in need? YOU - who said that Elemental is an awesome game despite it's "minor" faults?

I'm not seeing you championing Stardock in it's worst possible time. Come on. Where are you? Let's see you cheerlead Stardock now.

He was laid off.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Will motion controls reinvent gaming? Sep 4, 2010, 06:42 rist3903

No.  

News Comments > On Diablo III Crafting
13. Re: On Diablo III Crafting Aug 31, 2010, 15:10 rist3903

Dungeon siege, while otherwise unexceptional other than the persistent world, had one feature I would love to see in Diablo III. You could create a little golem that would run around and pick up loot for you.

It was amazing!

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2010, 15:07 rist3903

Yep it is pretty messed up.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2010, 18:06 rist3903

I'm glad we have things like Point Lookout and Overlord, but shit like Operation Anchorage and Warden's Keep is a waste of time.

I felt like I had to get Warden's Keep because it included storage for your loot. It was the only thing I wanted from it and their decision not to include that in the basic game makes me not want to get DA:2.

923 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo