Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2012, 06:01 rist3903

Peter Jackson wants to shoot more Hobbit footage
I am starting to suspect that Peter Jackson has a Hobbit footage fetish.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
15. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 13:38 rist3903

This morning, I picked up a lvl 51 ring, with 21minutes remaining in the auction, that I know was worth over 20 million gold along everyone elses up above, and I won it for 25 thousand gold. this ring alone will make my hell game playable, (100 STR, 120 VIT, Attack speed 6% , crit chance 4%, socketable)

Thats a killer ring, man. Grats on getting that.

13. And now for something completely off-topic Jul 2, 2012, 16:59 rist3903

I am sure you have done some research on this yourself Blue, but I found these tips for keeping your dog as relaxed as possible on the forthcoming Forth.

http://www.dogstardaily.com/blogs/8-tips-keeping-your-dogs-calm-july-4th

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
4. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 19:44 rist3903

I have seen auctions for 0.0 before. Didn't bid on them, because I strictly sell on the RMAH and they looked fishy.

TANSTAAFL

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
30. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 23:48 rist3903

I am enjoying this game a lot and looking forward to this patch. Blizzard will get their shit together eventually, it will just take time.

That being said, 1.03 introduced some pretty horrible stuttering loading lag on movement for me and I would appreciate it if they got around to fixing that sooner rather than later.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo
10. Re: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 02:33 rist3903

I am very much hoping they tidied up the rounds. The game dawdled for quite a while after every input, and all that time added up.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to clarify I was talking about 2012 there, don't know anything about 2013 yet.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2012, 04:02.

News Comments > Tryst Announced
2. Re: Tryst Announced Jun 23, 2012, 15:07 rist3903

The mortar looking units fired straight up while their barrels were canted forward. Also without any recoil worked into the animation.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
35. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 16:57 rist3903

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 21:31:
I really cant imagine how much I will hate this game once I get to the centipede arm guys... (yeah yeah, Im bad with names).
I know them as wagglers. As in, 'oh man, I just got waggled'.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
56. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 2, 2012, 07:54 rist3903

I enjoy diablo III a lot but one problem I have with it is that the champ packs in inferno tend to be more homogenized due to the combination of 4 abilities as opposed to 3 for hell, 2 for nightmare and so on. With less combinations possible, you see similar packs quite a bit.

Not sure if there is a solution to this problem, unfortunately.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 14:09 rist3903

You get a mob with ability combos like Jailer + Desecrator, or Fire Chains + Arcane Enchanted, and it's just instant death. I am still having a blast though.
Some of the mob combos seem reminiscent of Multi Shot Lightning Enchanted difficulty from Diablo II, giving me no small amount of trepidation about stepping into hardcore.

I encountered one champ pack who were innate closers, they would stick out what looked like a tongue, hit you with it and drag themselves to you, stunning you for a short time. These guys were also extremely fast and shot mortar rounds to boot.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: Imagination Engine eh? May 18, 2012, 10:04 rist3903

Im pretty sure that lag accounts only for a small ammount of problems, why would the game engine stream data every few seconds (like when I throw out a chakram?) It makes no sense.

I have been throwing those things left and right with no slowdown. I do occasionally spike to ~700 ping though.

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
47. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 15:15 rist3903

So to steer the discussion away from flamebait, what's everyone playing?
I'm psyched to play a Demon Hunter with all the homing rocket abilities I can pick. Games need more homing rockets/missiles, IMO.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patched
37. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 22, 2012, 08:58 rist3903

And what do you say about response time? The monitor suggested previously in this thread has a 5ms response time.

I have found myself gravitating away from twitch games of late, but I am not ruling out getting back into them.

Is 5ms sufficient?

34. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 21, 2012, 02:03 rist3903

Thanks for the monitor feedback!

I will take it under advisement.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2012, 07:03.

25. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 16:19 rist3903

When your game is not very large you can make changes in a much shorter amount of time.

adjusted gui layout and camera fov so that user interface elements do not overlap with important screen areas on non-widescreen displays
Psyched about this one. My character portraits were obscuring anything I wanted to pick up on the right side of the screen.

Now sounds like it might be a good time to update monitors I guess, since it is officially making games not work well. Anyone have suggestions as to what is currently the best monitor/deal at the moment?

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2012, 16:47.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
42. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 13:57 rist3903

Okay. it took me to get off my butt and do a google search, but I found the penny arcade interview that is the source of my info:

http://tinyurl.com/7e9z5y4

We’re also looking at some of the emerging output technologies that are coming along and trying to figure out how much of an impact that they’re gonna have on our designs. So we mock stuff up in our hardware labs and try and figure out different, sort of game fragments and see how those things work. But it does tend to be pretty focused on trying to get things to the point where we can get it in front of customers so they can start showing us what are the good ideas and what are the bad ideas.
We’re trying to get our–the experiments we’ve been doing in–you know we did a ton of work on biofeedback, on biometrics, and that’ll, you know, from our point of view we were like “okay, this is all sort of proven out” and we’re just sort of scratching our heads trying to figure out the best way to get that hardware out to customers without something where we’d just say “okay, this works.”
Now do you see a future where Valve is actually selling hardware or do you just want to have things that could take advantage of that technology should it be popular?

Well, if we have to sell hardware we will. We have no reason to believe we’re any good at it, it’s more we think that we need to continue to have innovation and if the only way to get these kind of projects started is by us going and developing and selling the hardware directly then that’s what we’ll do. It’s definitely not the first thought that crosses our mind; we’d rather hardware people that are good at manufacturing and distributing hardware do that. We think it’s important enough that if that’s what we end up having to do then that’s what we end up having to do.
So I very much think that it is going to be biofeedback oriented from this and I fervently hope they aren't trying to make their own console. Ergo, peripheral that can be attached to both PC and consoles.

34. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 13:13 rist3903

I don't think a peripheral would make sense because hardware just isn't that profitable on its own, and it wouldn't strengthen Valve's core business.

The only way Valve can grow its revenue is by yadda yadda yadda.
Valve makes money hand over fist. I don't think that making money is their ultimate goal. If their goal was to make better games and their logic is that this peripheral would help them make better games, then that is what they will do. They have enough money to basically do whatever they want. They are privately owned and so are not beholden to shareholders.

28. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 12:50 rist3903

Nothing they said spells out console or platform. They say:
We’re not talking about me-too mice and gamepads here – help us invent whole new gaming experiences.
When you talk about mice and gamepads, that means peripherals, not full systems. They will be making a peripheral that they want to be compatible with pcs and consoles.

23. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 12:26 rist3903

I thought I heard that it was going to be a peripheral that would monitor various aspects of the player such as heart rate and perspiration that would then feed back into a director type ai to adjust the gaming experience.

I did not get the impression that this was going to be a standalone console type product, but rather something you plugged into your PC.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2012, 10:59 rist3903

If I were offered a choice between seeing a movie in 3D or in 2D I would take 2D any day of the week. Kind of a moot point, since I will be boycotting theatres because of this bs, I suppose.  

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo