Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mead

Real Name Mead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email eternal_merc@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2000, 17:41
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 3931

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > America's Army Recon Demo
179. Re: those missions: Jul 5, 2002, 15:21 Mead

My user id is 3931, the other 'Todd' has 10150. Also, our account creation dates are much different.

No need for a cage match, I win by default for having signed up with this name a year or so before the other.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more idiot-riots to incite. Agitating the boneheads is just plain fun, ya know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

123. Re: amazing Jul 4, 2002, 19:05 Mead

dumbass... if you got a bad crc error, it means at least one of the files in the zip is screwed up.. which translates into:

NO FUCKING WONDER it doesn't work right! You ignore an error like that and then whinge when it doesn't work? Maybe you do need to stick with tardproof systems like consoles...

Sometimes an error message really IS trying to point out an error!

News Comments > Testing out the Trash
11. Re: ... Jul 4, 2002, 18:11 Mead

Well, since my user id is 3931, and yours is 10150... looks like the doppelganger is you.

112. Re: those missions: Jul 4, 2002, 18:00 Mead

"todd, you´re an idiot"

Oh, *well* said. Truly a debate-winning argument there...

87. Re: those missions: Jul 4, 2002, 12:21 Mead

"so, er what kind of an act of ecological terrorism?

Drilling for oil in an Alaskan nature reserve? "

No, drilling for oil under a nearly barren and totally useless 'nature reserve' isn't a good example.

Try: spiking trees so chainsaws fly back and cut loggers in half. Or forcing a family off their entire property because some trespassing econazi found one little 'endangered' snail somewhere on it. Or the Kyoto Protocol.

Now *that's* ecological terrorism.

News Comments > Testing out the Trash
7. Re: ... Jul 1, 2002, 21:27 Mead

There's nothing quite like a little unwarranted racism to make yourself look like a total jackass.. right, Alex?

News Comments > MMOG Downloads
16. paypal the only way to pay? Feb 5, 2002, 22:53 Mead

no thanks.. I trust paypal about as far as I can throw the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

News Comments > DarkSpace Free Trial
4. Re: Yeah, that 2D space model is the shiznit Jan 11, 2002, 06:28 Mead

So it's extremely arcadey and overly simplistic. If that floats yer boat, that's cool, but a lot of people want more than Spy Hunter in Space. My complaint against 2D-only stands firm.

And you're right, I only played it about 15 minutes. I went into it expecting proper spaceflight characteristics, and when I saw their 'space as a dinner table' concept, I said no thanks.

Now for those of you about to jump on me for ripping a game without 'playing it extensively', I have not and won't ever say anything about the other features of the game. Those are irrelevant to me. It's a space combat game without a 3D flight model, therefore it's not worth playing.

News Comments > DarkSpace Free Trial
1. Yeah, that 2D space model is the shiznit Jan 10, 2002, 20:47 Mead

....geez, even Earth and Beyond has *some* concept of up and down. Above. Below. Ya know, *three* dimensional flight...

I know it's one o them newfangled ideas, like the one about the earth being round, but you should at least try to understand it, Palestar.

Go watch Star Trek II, ya might learn something. Or mebbe not...

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 20:47.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Q&A
3. Walking the talk? Jan 9, 2002, 20:33 Mead

Hahaha, kinda like the bartender in Boondock Saints... "People in glass houses s-s-sink ships!"

News Comments > Mac Ports
10. Sheesh Jan 8, 2002, 13:22 Mead

Yeah, cos all those extra wires are somehow spooky and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil! I know Dell color-codes their plugs, and the others probably do also. Isn't that enough? Do we really have that many people who need a computer but who don't know what color GREEN is??

And damn, even if you ARE color-blind, you should be capable of reading a huge poster-sized installation guide. Technically, you don't even have to 'read' it, just look at the pictures.

That's what, 7 cords max? Power, keyboard, mouse, monitor, modem/ethernet, speakers, printer.. Except for the keyboard and mouse which have colors that even color-blind people can distinguish and little pictures at the places they're supposed to plug into, NONE of those things have the same layout, nor can they be misplugged. Well, they could, I guess... but if you can't figure out that the printer cable doesn't and can't go into the speaker jack, you don't need a computer, you need a bib.

That should be the next Apple computer, the iWomb. You won't have even a single cable to totally freak out over, just sit there and curl up in contentment while it sits there and burbles at you.

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo