Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mead

Real Name Mead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email eternal_merc@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2000, 17:41
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 3931

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > WWII Online Patch
114. Hahahaha Nov 12, 2002, 06:47 Mead

">The 64 player limit, is just ludicrous and kills the
>validity of the close quarters combat experience. Getting
>killed by an unseen enemy, is just a slap in the face.

"There is no such limit. There is a limit to being able to only see 64 *visible* at one time, but the other people are still there, still impacting the battle. And once you kill the 64th, you'll see the old 65th, and so on."

Well no shit. The visible limit is what everyone refers to when they say '64 limit', '64 player limit', etc. It's verbal shorthand. Like typing 'AB' for Army Base.

It's incredible that you don't understand that.

And you can fill up that limit pretty damn quick if you're assaulting an AB (that means Army Base). Since all the enemy spawns out of two points in that small area, in a popular town it's *damn easy* to hit the "64 visible player entities at any one time in the forward looking viewport area of space location" limit. (was that enough words to describe it this time? or do you need more?)

Especially since YOUR OWN TROOPS count toward that limit. Oops. Probably didn't want any mention of that coming out, did you? Well, it's true. Your own side counts against that same '64 limit' (being the limit mentioned above - hopefully I don't have to describe it fully once again).

So in truth, you don't *have* to have 64 ENEMIES firing at you to get killed by an unseen unit, you merely have to have 64 PEOPLE, friendly or not, in your general area.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman 2 & Sikhs Follow-up
75. Re: Dogma Nov 11, 2002, 06:26 Mead

"But this is largely irrelevant to the case in point."

Your crack dealer treats you right, I see.

News Comments > Hitman 2 & Sikhs Follow-up
70. Dogma Nov 10, 2002, 20:08 Mead

..appeared in theaters and no-one listened to the offended groups then; the movie certainly didn't get changed any because of it (nor should it have) - and they had perhaps a little bit more cause to be offended. Especially since the intro credits basically imply that all Catholics or Christian religious types who don't like the movie are all firebomb-wielding murderous maniacs. Never mind the psychotic, murderous angels and all the rest of it.

The point is, the Sihks need to toughen up, cos no matter who you are, you will always be able to find instances of hatred directed toward you, whether perceived or actual.

Crying like a baby over every imagined and real offense is counter-productive. It doesn't change attitudes. It doesn't improve your status or your credibility. It makes you weak.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. oh really? Nov 8, 2002, 15:34 Mead

"I am a historian, and I've spent 15 years studying the black death."

Then why the hell do you keep spelling it as 'plauge'?

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
67. nice backpedaling there Oct 30, 2002, 13:56 Mead

But it's clear you still have some serious personal issues to deal with:

"I hope it gets pulled ... burn in hell you racist Hitman design crew/dev team members.. "
"I don't think that Hitman 2 should be pulled off the shelves, mainly because it is too late!"

"But wait Oblivion, "it's just a game".. so what if your 9 year old sister took it up the arse, who cares if your mother is lying on the floor gutted and her last breath is the scent of the murderer who is penetrating her.. after all, this is "just a game"... "

"ps: I hope the Sikh's stick a royal kurpan up the dev teams' ass! lol"

A psycho by any other post...

News Comments > Dirt Track Racing 2 Demo
5. more like Ass Crack Racing Oct 11, 2002, 18:13 Mead

Doesn't even do 640x480 resolution... hell, even Hi-Octane did 640x480. And it's better than the first one?

But hey, anyone who enjoys making a shitload of mindless left turns wouldn't mind going back to the digital Dark Ages, I'm sure. Cos this game sure takes you back to the crapper. Or the Recycle Bin. Again and again.

News Comments > DOOM III Screenshots
312. whee! Aug 6, 2002, 15:38 Mead

didn't get nearly as many indignant responses to that troll as I thought I was gonna... you freaks are slacking off. It's getting so an asshole like me has to resort to just flat out bullshit to up the post count, and even that doesn't do well.

Oh well. I only wasted a minute. Collectively, you morons wasted .. well, a lot more than that. And that's the whole plan. If your self-control is so lacking that you can't walk away from an obvious lie, and if your life is so miserable that you've got to correct the same.. well hell, you're spastic and miserable, that's excellent!

The entertainment possibilities here are just endless. Neurotics as far as the traceroute can see.

Troll on!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. delete test Aug 5, 2002, 23:35 Mead

delete me

News Comments > DOOM III Screenshots
299. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2002, 23:28 Mead

"what was the post that was removed about?? i thought censorship was against the constitution..... i guess not"

Hey, Brilliant Point of Light - news flash: you can delete your own posts here. Goddamn, not everything is a conspiracy against 'free speech', not that you'd ever fully comprehend exactly what that means.

Blue has left intact worse stupidity than what was removed in that post. Mainly because he understands that it doesn't mean shit... it was just bullshit lipflapping... its removal (by the author) is certainly not a blow to freedom and the human race like you seem to think it is.

News Comments > Gore Bonus Pack
10. Re: you know this company sucks Jul 31, 2002, 15:57 Mead

hmm, sounds a bit like 'forty rulers'.. maybe they had some bad memories of Catholic school?

News Comments > America's Army Patch
39. Re: uninstalled Jul 13, 2002, 08:15 Mead

Bronco - It's easy to figure out, look at the URL in the username link of the post. This is yours:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=10139&boardid=1

38. Re: ... Jul 13, 2002, 08:10 Mead

Hell, just the fact that you got irritated enough to respond shows that it does mean something... if you really don't give a shit, why waste the energy posting a reply? Hmm? Why do you feel the need to defend your sloppiness?

Go ahead and type your resume like that, then, and don't bother correcting spelling on any business correspondence, and then you'll see exactly how much it matters.

Better stock up on Ramen noodles now...

34. Re: uninstalled Jul 12, 2002, 21:37 Mead

Oh come on, you say that like it's the only program ever written that doesn't clean up after itself in the Registry...

You guys are just grovelling for reasons to hate this game now... be creative, be entertaining, be original! Wow us with the ridicule and hatred!

It doesn't clean up after itself in the Registry? Yawn. Neither does 90% of the rest of the software written for Win32.

33. Re: Um... Jul 12, 2002, 21:29 Mead

It's a relatively common dialect of Tardish.. same with the substitution of 'of' for 'have', as in someone writing "must of" instead of "must have" when they're trying to sound-spell the contraction "must've".

Common mistakes, common stupidity. And just think, 'those kids are our future'. Makes one want to bazooka-barf gobby chunks of intestine and lung.

News Comments > The Massive Number of MMORPGS
17. Re: the MMORPG skinner box Jul 10, 2002, 08:02 Mead

That makes good sense, although the 'reward' should probably read "You gained a level!", hehe.

The analogy fails in the long run, though, because humans can do something that mice can't - change their behaviour at will, i.e., get up and walk away from the game, or move on to something else. A mouse will starve itself because it can't see past the feels-good-right-now to the possibility of starvation if it doesn't hit the food lever every now and then. It can't rationalize or understand consequences... while most people can, even if they do have trouble regulating their actions sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same arguments were made when standup arcade games were the rage - and those cost a hell of a lot more than today's 'social' games. But most people managed to get past the addictive nature of them all the same.

News Comments > America's Army Recon Demo
394. perfect! Jul 10, 2002, 06:08 Mead

The idiot riot is cooking along perfectly. Keep it up!

News Comments > Professors Romero & Hall
14. Re: Wonder if this means the saying is true Jul 7, 2002, 15:22 Mead

Richard Feynman shattered any truth that saying might have held.

210. Re: you make me sick Jul 6, 2002, 09:18 Mead

"Youre an really idiot."

That just about sums up the counter-argument. Please, fool, if you're going to slam, do it coherently.

181. Recruiting? Marketing! Jul 5, 2002, 15:46 Mead

The point of it is that it's got everyone talking about recruitment, talking about the military, and whether or not it's a Good Thing to do.

And those people who play it will mention it, talk about it, and tell others about what's in it even if only to say "It sucks!". Remember, there is no such thing as 'bad press'. (...except perhaps the Atlanta Constipation and Urinal)

And with more people playing computer games and wasting time on the WWW, this might even have the potential to be *more* cost-effective than a television ad campaign. Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, it's better than them spending this game budget on a few toilet seats and screws.

180. Re: I hope this thread isn't dead yet... Jul 5, 2002, 15:34 Mead

Wait, how is it that people like you are able to say "Well, Dubya's about as smart as a stack of wet pancakes, just lookit how dumb he always looks, like Howdy Doody with a colostomy bag" and at then turn right around and insinuate that he's capable of Illuminati-level conspiracies, undetectable suppression of the national media outlets of several countries (some of which don't like us much anyway), and espionage on a global scale?

Can't have it both ways. If you need a reason to hate him, fine, but it can't be for being a mental testical *and* an Evil Genius at the same time.

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo