Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
12. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 14:45 JohnBirshire

I played the older MechWarrior games long ago, so was curious about this one. However, after watching numerous videos, it looks to be incredibly repetitive. Are you not just doing the same thing over and over again indefinitely?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Open Beta
6. Re: Silent Hunter Online Open Beta Sep 16, 2013, 18:43 JohnBirshire

Worst. Trailer. Ever. I now have zero interest in playing this game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Sep 12, 2013, 23:53 JohnBirshire

This is simply too late, would have been a better outcome and generated a lot more interest if they didnt wait until so close to the next ones release.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Dread War Next Month
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Dread War Next Month Sep 12, 2013, 23:44 JohnBirshire

4 vs 4 PvP sounds great, I have always liked smaller battles where individual player skill has a more significant impact on the outcome. Might start playing again.

Kind of had to laugh at the "If you pay, you get the expansion for free" statement though. All these "Subscription games are dead, F2P is the future!!!" fanbois continue to ignore the fact that the overwhelming majority of F2P games are only free if you want to be a noob indefinitely. Should be called F2D, or Free 2 Demo.

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
6. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 22:31 JohnBirshire

Whenever I want to buy an older game, I check GoG first, then Steam. I like to support GoG because without them, a lot of older games wouldn't be available for purchase.  

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
24. Red herring...Auction House is a scapegoat. Sep 6, 2013, 12:30 JohnBirshire

The problem was never the Auction House itself, it was their terrible item drop rate decisions that ended up forcing people to use it just to play the game. If the Auction House didn't exist, the problems they blame on it still would anyways. They've just been using the Auction House as a scapegoat all along.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
23. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 21:22 JohnBirshire

Why in God's name would you play a video game on anything other then a glorious PC?

I think you missed my point....I dont. But I couldnt rent SR4 on the PC, and the game had no demo. And GTA5 isnt being released on the PC this year.

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
58. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 29, 2013, 19:50 JohnBirshire

You haven't been able to create a character on ANY North American server for the past 48 hours. Anybody defending this game is a bias fanboi with their head in the clouds, the release is a disaster. On a reboot after acknowledging the mistakes they made on the first release, nonetheless. No excuses.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
13. SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 13:25 JohnBirshire

I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy Saint's Row 4 or not, so I rented it for my XBox 360 to check it out. I liked the gameplay, but ultimately gave up on it because the Field of View is so incredibly close, despite an entire life of gaming without any trouble I was actually getting very bad motion sickness from the game.

With a PC you can easily change the FoV, but they gave no such option on the console. This makes me really nervous about getting GTA5 for the console, if the FoV is really close and they neglect to add an option to change it, I have no interest in playing. Might have to sit the console release out and hope for a PC release eventually.

55. SE is a joke... Aug 28, 2013, 23:17 JohnBirshire

When trying to log in just says "World is currently full, please try again later".

They can't even get "MMO 101" right and have a login queue, or allow you to create characters on a server you're already a member of, or let you skip character intro's, or allowing 75% of people logged in to be AFK just to hold a spot, etc etc. It's kind of sad when they can't even get the BASICS right. Their decision making is still as bad as it was when the originally FF14 Online didn't even have servers outside of Japan. Square Enix just isn't capable of making a single good decision.

Skip this game, wait for Elder Scrolls.

52. Cant create new character, or recreate Aug 28, 2013, 19:21 JohnBirshire

They are locking servers and not even allowing you to create new characters even if you already have characters there, which is something I have never seen in 25+ MMO's, and a terrible ridiculous decision that is driving us nuts. I deleted my main to recreate his look, and now cant recreate him. Another friend wanted to try a new race/class, and cant, unless we all want to split up and play on different servers. If you are already playing on a server, you should be exempt, like in every other game Ive ever played where they have had to lock the servers. Minor but stupid decisions like this is causing a lot of frustration, and it doesnt take many bad first impressions to cause irreparable damage to your game.  

34. Here they go again... Aug 28, 2013, 13:20 JohnBirshire

I bought the original FF14 on release day, and ended up quiting in disgust due to the almost constant asinine decisions made by Square Enix.

Fast forward a couple years, Square Enix publishes a "sincere apology", and pushes forward with a new initiative to rebuild the game and make the right decisions this time around...NOPE. Back to square one with the facepalm decisions that make so little sense you can't even wrap your head around the thought processes that went into making them.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

News Comments > Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Revealed
5. Re: Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Revealed Aug 26, 2013, 23:10 JohnBirshire

This looks purely cosmetic, thin fast two hand swords *Samurai* and spears/shields *Spartans* already exist. Multi-team Last Team Standing sounds really fun though.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Ending Production
2. Re: World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Ending Production Aug 25, 2013, 13:01 JohnBirshire

I see these cards at most retail stores, but have never met anyone that has mentioned they play it.  

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
2. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 13:00 JohnBirshire

Console news.  

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
21. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 14:53 JohnBirshire

Good, take your time and get it right.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
50. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 18:07 JohnBirshire

GW2 this, GW2 that. I hate to say this, but the game would fail as a subscription MMO because it isn't worth subscribing to. That is why they have an alternative revenue plan. They don't want EoS to make GW2 money, they want to make it worth subscribing to, and therefore make a lot more money. If that fails, THEN they can go FTP as a backup plan, there is no reason to START as a FTP game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
27. The right move! Aug 21, 2013, 12:47 JohnBirshire

The only people coming out ahead in FTP games are casuals who play for free, aka freeloaders. Average or hardcore players who don't want to be restricted on content end up paying more than a normal monthly fee every month on average, to make up the difference. Sure, FTP is great...if you're a casual noob who just wants to check the game out, play occasionally, etc. However, the players that actually keep the game afloat are getting screwed. I predict the FTP trend actually reverses itself in the next decade as more and more people catch on to this fad.

If Elder Scrolls Online was NOT subscription based, I would have skipped it. Since it IS subscription based, I'm looking forward to it. After all, if your game isn't worth subscribing to, it would be FTP. If it's "FTP" but has a subscription option, it's not a FTP game, people need to start being honest with themselves.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. The Bureau, no surprise. Aug 20, 2013, 12:49 JohnBirshire

I knew The Bureau was going to be a dud as soon as I saw them banning pre-release reviews...that is always a 100% clear indication of the reviews being terrible.

Couldn't also help being suspicious given the fact that the pre-order bonuses on Steam were more valuable than the game itself.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer
5. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 22:58 JohnBirshire

From my experience EVERY game/movie/book that has banned early reviews has turned out to be terrible. Won't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to see this game being torn apart by reviewers.  

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo