Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > On GTA IV PC DRM
30. Forget it... Nov 28, 2008, 18:48 JohnBirshire

"The game will include SecuROM copy protection."

GTA4 will be the FIRST Grand Theft Auto game for the PC that I won't be buying.

Good job morons, and thanks, I was really looking forward to playing this one. *just like I was looking forward to Spore and Far Cry 2, and didn't buy them because of it either*

There are very few PC games I look forward to anymore as it is, if this keeps up I'm throwing in the towel and playing console for the first time since the original Nintendo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview Nov 27, 2008, 11:29 JohnBirshire

The whole "2 Sith Rule" makes very little actual sense. The Galaxy contains how many lifeforms? I think I read that the planet Coruscant alone contained almost 3 trillion lifeforms. 2 Sith for the entire galaxy??! Something is very wrong with that scale. Or I am understanding it completely wrong? Or can their be multiple Master/Apprentice combinations?

Bioware is the best shot at making the next big thing in the MMO world, but it just seems like this game looks too much like more of the same or been there, done that at this point in time.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2008, 11:23 JohnBirshire

I liked your previous update schedule better.

I don't know, but something about midnight updates make me feel like all news is yesterday's news.

I would just update randomly myself, as most of your visitor's probably visit randomly themselves.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Interview
3. Re: Asheron's Call Interview Nov 27, 2008, 11:18 JohnBirshire

Sometimes, just for nostalgia purposes, I feel like trying this game again. I was pretty hardcore on Darktide when the game was first released, my character's name was "Blood", as anyone familiar with Asheron's Call will most likely at least be familiar with the name.

However, has this game done anything to speed up leveling progression for new players? One way I think WoW attracts new players is the fact that they first sped up 1-60 progression by roughly 30% *with more quest exp and lower exp requirements combined*, and now even recently sped up 60-70 progression. Last time I checked though, Asheron's Call has done almost nothing of the sort in quite some time. *meaning it'll take you literally 5 years of playing and/or macroing nonstop to get to a level high enough to compete with other players*. I think this strategy would do the game better than "Trying to appeal to people without high end systems". After all, WoW for example doesn't require anywhere close to a high end system to play. *so it kind of nullifies that line of thinking*

edit It's been 10 years already? Jesus...

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2008, 11:20.

News Comments > PC Qwak; Demo
1. Woot! Nov 26, 2008, 18:22 JohnBirshire

When this game first came out 19 years ago I didn't want to buy it without playing a demo, about damn time!!!  

News Comments > On WAR RvR and Contributions
9. Going back to UO... Nov 26, 2008, 17:58 JohnBirshire

and playing on player run shards that emulate original servers, like www.uogamers.com.

At least in the original UO, skill actually mattered, and not simply he-who-has-less-of-a-real-life-wins like WoW and WAR.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Demo
15. Re: Red Alert 3 Demo Nov 24, 2008, 23:42 JohnBirshire

Does the demo use any sort of machine hijacking copy protection?

Ridiculous I'd have to ask...but I do. It's EA.

News Comments > Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free
15. Sounds better than it is... Nov 22, 2008, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I saw Vice City for the PC on a Wal-Mart game clearance rack for $3.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2008, 23:15 JohnBirshire

Would Dark Knight have made half of it's money if Heath Ledger hadn't died?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 JohnBirshire

I've been playing online PC games since almost the very beginning, 2400 baud modem style. You know, back when online games didn't even have graphics. "You attack goblin shaman for 4 physical damage". And back when the internet wasn't what it was today, when we were at the mercy of 3rd parties such as Compuserve and Prodigy.

That being said, I have never played a fighting game online multiplayer, nor a sport's game for that matter. *although I have been tempted by Madden 09* And whether I'm a PC gaming fanatic or not, I'm still not a biased fanboi...I admit there are some games that the console systems are simply better for playing.

But you are right, I'd throw a fit the first time I got a "red ring of death", although I hear the newer model 360s have come a long ways from the ones released two years ago. That is one piece of hardware I'd definitely be getting an extended warranty for; if the time comes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 10:08 JohnBirshire

Everyday that goes by I am more and more tempted to buy a console system for the first time in 15 years by getting a 360. XBox Live just seems like a lot of fun; playing fighting and sports games multiplayer. *pretty much the only two genres I refuse to play on a PC*

We'll see..

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Good thing those games have DRM... Nov 14, 2008, 23:07 JohnBirshire

Stopping those pirates dead in their tracks!

*sarcasm*

News Comments > Testament of Sin Renamed; Ships
1. Eh? Nov 14, 2008, 23:06 JohnBirshire

From Testament of Faith to Testament of Sin...

Alright then.

News Comments > Age of Conan Updated
3. Fizzle... Nov 14, 2008, 11:57 JohnBirshire

I looked forward to both Age of Conan and Warhammer for years.

Played both about two weeks.

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2008, 13:45 JohnBirshire

So being unable to refute my evidence you resort to base ad hominem attacks.

Your evidence? "Saying" you beat it in 35 hours is evidence?! Maybe you should join the same debate team "or something" as myself, we'd make an excellent team!

Post a Youtube video of your 35 hours of Fallout 3, or it didn't happen. :-P

edit

Oh, I forgot something...the quote you left earlier today before accusing someone else of resorting to attacks:

And how stupid are you idiots?

Phsst, looks like we can add hypocrite to your resume, under "High School Dropout" while we're at it.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2008, 13:48.

17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2008, 13:34 JohnBirshire

I've beaten the game twice.

You've beaten Fallout 3 twice already since it came out? I think we just found 1 of our 4 out of 10 High School dropouts!

You sure do have a lot of animosity towards a game you managed to play through twice, it must have really sucked.

11. Re: Better job security for the rest of us.. Nov 13, 2008, 11:11 JohnBirshire

apparently you've never played the game because it takes 30-40 hours to complete... everything... in the game.

Go post that on any Fallout 3 forum and get flamed to death and back.

You are simply wrong.

9. Better job security for the rest of us.. Nov 13, 2008, 10:44 JohnBirshire

I recently read that 4 out of 10 High School students drop out. That is unbelievable. Oh well, makes my college education that much more valuable.

P.S. Boomtown's Fallout 3 review is asinine. 7's, are you kidding?!? And 40 hours? What did the reviewer do, fly through the main quest as fast as he could, not seeing 1/4 of the game, and then write the review?

News Comments > Meet Bill Roper
27. You bought a "lifetime membership"... Nov 12, 2008, 12:04 JohnBirshire

If the lifetime of the game only happens to be 2 days for example, you still got exactly what you paid for.  

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Early at 7-Eleven
3. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Early at 7-Eleven Nov 12, 2008, 12:03 JohnBirshire

If I remember correctly, it is illegal to sell products of this nature early. *books, movies, games, etc*

I remember a friend who managed a video store bringing home new releases like a week before they could rent them out, allowing us to play games/watch movies before anyone else.

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo