Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1074 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Atari: Used Game Sales "Extremely Painful"
24. People buy and sell "used" stuff all... Dec 3, 2008, 22:56 JohnBirshire

People buy and sell "used" stuff all over society. Cars, houses, furniture, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

This line of thought just shows how out of touch, illogical, and asinine these publishers really are.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Copernicus Interview
1. Re: Copernicus Interview Dec 3, 2008, 20:33 JohnBirshire

R.A. Salvatore told me he was on board as a primary writer, and that was years ago. An MMO with quests actually worth reading/listening to? Can it be?  

News Comments > Riddick Remake Plans Remade
13. Re: Riddick Remake Plans Remade Dec 3, 2008, 11:51 JohnBirshire

The movie sucks, IMO.

I seem to be a minority, but I actually loved the movie, and have probably watched it 5 times in the last couple of years.

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to play Escape from Butcher Bay, so I'm excited about them releasing it, or something close to it, again...with more content and even better graphics.

News Comments > Newell: Most DRM "Dumb"
3. Re: Newell: Most DRM "Dumb" Dec 2, 2008, 20:59 JohnBirshire

Okay, How many people are remembering the servers crashing when we all were trying to get HL2 authenticated on Steam?

I was thinking the same thing, Steam starting a lot of this shit, because it sure wasn't prevalent beforehand. I remember Half-Life 2 being the first game I was flat out flabbergasted at the fact that you have to be online to play a single player game. I might agree with most of what he said this time, but he's still a douche bag hypocrite.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 2, 2008, 20:57 JohnBirshire

I'm interested in how well the multiplayer works on the PC version. I think it is going to be the reason why I buy it or not. Played the last what, 6 or 7 GTA games single player? Don't need more of the same *but admittedly better*, ready for a new take on the franchise, and multiplayer just might give it.  

News Comments > Bill Roper Interview
8. Re: Bill Roper Interview Dec 2, 2008, 00:13 JohnBirshire

Shouldn't this clown be developing games for the cellphone with his twin asshat Romero by now?

edit Oh, wait, my bad. Champions Online...probably less prestigious than a cellphone game. Insert random MMO nobody gives a shit about #17,641...and you've got Champions Online. A game nobody even heard of until they hired Bill Roper. I guess they are shooting for the whole "Negative publicity is better than no publicity" strategy.

Schmucks.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2008, 00:16.

News Comments > Safety Dance
3. Re: Safety Dance Nov 30, 2008, 22:07 JohnBirshire

The problem with the whole "It should be the parent's responsibility!" argument is that many of the problems that line is used against are the result of awful parenting to begin with.

Slashing the budgets of after school programs among troubled inner city youth, for example, while saying "This is the parent's job!", while the mom is a welfare crack addict and the dad took off 10 years ago, is the most asinine argument ever made.

News Comments > On GTA IV PC DRM
30. Forget it... Nov 28, 2008, 18:48 JohnBirshire

"The game will include SecuROM copy protection."

GTA4 will be the FIRST Grand Theft Auto game for the PC that I won't be buying.

Good job morons, and thanks, I was really looking forward to playing this one. *just like I was looking forward to Spore and Far Cry 2, and didn't buy them because of it either*

There are very few PC games I look forward to anymore as it is, if this keeps up I'm throwing in the towel and playing console for the first time since the original Nintendo.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview Nov 27, 2008, 11:29 JohnBirshire

The whole "2 Sith Rule" makes very little actual sense. The Galaxy contains how many lifeforms? I think I read that the planet Coruscant alone contained almost 3 trillion lifeforms. 2 Sith for the entire galaxy??! Something is very wrong with that scale. Or I am understanding it completely wrong? Or can their be multiple Master/Apprentice combinations?

Bioware is the best shot at making the next big thing in the MMO world, but it just seems like this game looks too much like more of the same or been there, done that at this point in time.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2008, 11:23 JohnBirshire

I liked your previous update schedule better.

I don't know, but something about midnight updates make me feel like all news is yesterday's news.

I would just update randomly myself, as most of your visitor's probably visit randomly themselves.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Interview
3. Re: Asheron's Call Interview Nov 27, 2008, 11:18 JohnBirshire

Sometimes, just for nostalgia purposes, I feel like trying this game again. I was pretty hardcore on Darktide when the game was first released, my character's name was "Blood", as anyone familiar with Asheron's Call will most likely at least be familiar with the name.

However, has this game done anything to speed up leveling progression for new players? One way I think WoW attracts new players is the fact that they first sped up 1-60 progression by roughly 30% *with more quest exp and lower exp requirements combined*, and now even recently sped up 60-70 progression. Last time I checked though, Asheron's Call has done almost nothing of the sort in quite some time. *meaning it'll take you literally 5 years of playing and/or macroing nonstop to get to a level high enough to compete with other players*. I think this strategy would do the game better than "Trying to appeal to people without high end systems". After all, WoW for example doesn't require anywhere close to a high end system to play. *so it kind of nullifies that line of thinking*

edit It's been 10 years already? Jesus...

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2008, 11:20.

News Comments > PC Qwak; Demo
1. Woot! Nov 26, 2008, 18:22 JohnBirshire

When this game first came out 19 years ago I didn't want to buy it without playing a demo, about damn time!!!  

News Comments > On WAR RvR and Contributions
9. Going back to UO... Nov 26, 2008, 17:58 JohnBirshire

and playing on player run shards that emulate original servers, like www.uogamers.com.

At least in the original UO, skill actually mattered, and not simply he-who-has-less-of-a-real-life-wins like WoW and WAR.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Demo
15. Re: Red Alert 3 Demo Nov 24, 2008, 23:42 JohnBirshire

Does the demo use any sort of machine hijacking copy protection?

Ridiculous I'd have to ask...but I do. It's EA.

News Comments > Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free
15. Sounds better than it is... Nov 22, 2008, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I saw Vice City for the PC on a Wal-Mart game clearance rack for $3.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2008, 23:15 JohnBirshire

Would Dark Knight have made half of it's money if Heath Ledger hadn't died?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 JohnBirshire

I've been playing online PC games since almost the very beginning, 2400 baud modem style. You know, back when online games didn't even have graphics. "You attack goblin shaman for 4 physical damage". And back when the internet wasn't what it was today, when we were at the mercy of 3rd parties such as Compuserve and Prodigy.

That being said, I have never played a fighting game online multiplayer, nor a sport's game for that matter. *although I have been tempted by Madden 09* And whether I'm a PC gaming fanatic or not, I'm still not a biased fanboi...I admit there are some games that the console systems are simply better for playing.

But you are right, I'd throw a fit the first time I got a "red ring of death", although I hear the newer model 360s have come a long ways from the ones released two years ago. That is one piece of hardware I'd definitely be getting an extended warranty for; if the time comes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 10:08 JohnBirshire

Everyday that goes by I am more and more tempted to buy a console system for the first time in 15 years by getting a 360. XBox Live just seems like a lot of fun; playing fighting and sports games multiplayer. *pretty much the only two genres I refuse to play on a PC*

We'll see..

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Good thing those games have DRM... Nov 14, 2008, 23:07 JohnBirshire

Stopping those pirates dead in their tracks!

*sarcasm*

News Comments > Testament of Sin Renamed; Ships
1. Eh? Nov 14, 2008, 23:06 JohnBirshire

From Testament of Faith to Testament of Sin...

Alright then.

1074 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo