Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1061 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Demo
15. Re: Red Alert 3 Demo Nov 24, 2008, 23:42 JohnBirshire

Does the demo use any sort of machine hijacking copy protection?

Ridiculous I'd have to ask...but I do. It's EA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free
15. Sounds better than it is... Nov 22, 2008, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I saw Vice City for the PC on a Wal-Mart game clearance rack for $3.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2008, 23:15 JohnBirshire

Would Dark Knight have made half of it's money if Heath Ledger hadn't died?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 JohnBirshire

I've been playing online PC games since almost the very beginning, 2400 baud modem style. You know, back when online games didn't even have graphics. "You attack goblin shaman for 4 physical damage". And back when the internet wasn't what it was today, when we were at the mercy of 3rd parties such as Compuserve and Prodigy.

That being said, I have never played a fighting game online multiplayer, nor a sport's game for that matter. *although I have been tempted by Madden 09* And whether I'm a PC gaming fanatic or not, I'm still not a biased fanboi...I admit there are some games that the console systems are simply better for playing.

But you are right, I'd throw a fit the first time I got a "red ring of death", although I hear the newer model 360s have come a long ways from the ones released two years ago. That is one piece of hardware I'd definitely be getting an extended warranty for; if the time comes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 10:08 JohnBirshire

Everyday that goes by I am more and more tempted to buy a console system for the first time in 15 years by getting a 360. XBox Live just seems like a lot of fun; playing fighting and sports games multiplayer. *pretty much the only two genres I refuse to play on a PC*

We'll see..

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Good thing those games have DRM... Nov 14, 2008, 23:07 JohnBirshire

Stopping those pirates dead in their tracks!

*sarcasm*

News Comments > Testament of Sin Renamed; Ships
1. Eh? Nov 14, 2008, 23:06 JohnBirshire

From Testament of Faith to Testament of Sin...

Alright then.

News Comments > Age of Conan Updated
3. Fizzle... Nov 14, 2008, 11:57 JohnBirshire

I looked forward to both Age of Conan and Warhammer for years.

Played both about two weeks.

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2008, 13:45 JohnBirshire

So being unable to refute my evidence you resort to base ad hominem attacks.

Your evidence? "Saying" you beat it in 35 hours is evidence?! Maybe you should join the same debate team "or something" as myself, we'd make an excellent team!

Post a Youtube video of your 35 hours of Fallout 3, or it didn't happen. :-P

edit

Oh, I forgot something...the quote you left earlier today before accusing someone else of resorting to attacks:

And how stupid are you idiots?

Phsst, looks like we can add hypocrite to your resume, under "High School Dropout" while we're at it.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2008, 13:48.

17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2008, 13:34 JohnBirshire

I've beaten the game twice.

You've beaten Fallout 3 twice already since it came out? I think we just found 1 of our 4 out of 10 High School dropouts!

You sure do have a lot of animosity towards a game you managed to play through twice, it must have really sucked.

11. Re: Better job security for the rest of us.. Nov 13, 2008, 11:11 JohnBirshire

apparently you've never played the game because it takes 30-40 hours to complete... everything... in the game.

Go post that on any Fallout 3 forum and get flamed to death and back.

You are simply wrong.

9. Better job security for the rest of us.. Nov 13, 2008, 10:44 JohnBirshire

I recently read that 4 out of 10 High School students drop out. That is unbelievable. Oh well, makes my college education that much more valuable.

P.S. Boomtown's Fallout 3 review is asinine. 7's, are you kidding?!? And 40 hours? What did the reviewer do, fly through the main quest as fast as he could, not seeing 1/4 of the game, and then write the review?

News Comments > Meet Bill Roper
27. You bought a "lifetime membership"... Nov 12, 2008, 12:04 JohnBirshire

If the lifetime of the game only happens to be 2 days for example, you still got exactly what you paid for.  

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Early at 7-Eleven
3. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Early at 7-Eleven Nov 12, 2008, 12:03 JohnBirshire

If I remember correctly, it is illegal to sell products of this nature early. *books, movies, games, etc*

I remember a friend who managed a video store bringing home new releases like a week before they could rent them out, allowing us to play games/watch movies before anyone else.

News Comments > Meet Bill Roper
18. Bill Roper was the janitor... Nov 12, 2008, 09:50 JohnBirshire

Inflating his resume with lines like; "CEO, Grand Chancellor, Supreme Commander, Lord of the 7th Layer of the Abyss, and The Second Coming".

With only 1/3rd of employers on average even checking references, you can eventually find employment with schmuck crews like Cryptic.

WTF is Champions Online anyways?! That game is going to be extinct faster than Fury and Earth & Beyond.

News Comments > Richard Garriott Leaves NCsoft
7. Why would he still create games anyways? Nov 11, 2008, 21:40 JohnBirshire

1 guy in his garage is what Richard Garriot excelled at.

Nowadays it's 100 people spending 5 years.

I would still play games or have a slight hand in some random game's development, but I'd certainly not devote my life to it. *especially when you're flying around in space, live in a castle, etc*

Ultima 10 or bust!

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Public Demo
27. Can you play this 2 player Co-Op? Nov 11, 2008, 15:33 JohnBirshire

Everything I read says 4 player. Doesn't make sense, why would you make a game Co-Op and force 4 players? Can you play with just 2, or does it make the other 2 AI controlled, or what?  

News Comments > Japanese Fallout 3 Change
5. A post apocalyptic game... Nov 11, 2008, 09:33 JohnBirshire

And Bethesda feels the need to change "a" mission?

You're kidding right?!

Come on Bethesda, don't embarass yourselves.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Game Careers
3. You don't need experience to work... Nov 10, 2008, 11:21 JohnBirshire

You don't need experience to work in the gaming industry, you just have to be a masochist. It is the only prerequisite. :-P  

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
17. He did make a decent point... Nov 5, 2008, 18:01 JohnBirshire

Although I don't agree with much of what he said. For example, I did not buy Red Alert 3 ONLY because of it's anti-piracy extremes, even though I was a tremendous fan of the first Red Alert. I remember playing it on "Westwood Chat", or whatever their online system was called, for months after it came out back in the day. It is a huge dissapointment to me that I can't buy many new PC games because of their piracy fighting measures. Ironic, in a way. *maybe I'll buy an XBox 360*

As for a decent point I think he made, is his analogy regarding the music industry. After all, at least they aren't taking 9 year olds to court over game piracy at this time. It could be worse.

1061 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo