Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1074 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Patched
25. Re: F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Patched Mar 15, 2009, 11:33 JohnBirshire

Oh, so this is one of those "I'm bitter because consoles control the industry" things. I get that, but I'm objective enough to realize a tiny little black bar on my huge monitor is not really an issue. For 4:3 owners it was, and hey look, it got patched.

Uhhh, no. It was my "I'm not buying the product because the console port doesn't properly support the PC version" post.

Then you come around trying to defend their decision, which is completely and utterly illogical. "The little black bars shouldn't bother you" is probably one of the more ridiculous arguments I've seen in quite some time. They shouldn't be there, period. You can argue about it all day, but in the end you'll still always be wrong. *whether you would ever admit it or not is irrelevant, you'll still respond indefinitely*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Patched Mar 14, 2009, 16:19 JohnBirshire

Because those tiny little smidgens of black bars are just so epic in their torture, right?

Ahh, you are right. PC Gamers shouldn't expect console ports to actually support a resolution that many PC Gamers will be using. Especially not on a sequel to a game that was widely and faithfully supported by PC Gamers.

I mean, if games that came out 9 years ago like Quake 3 supported 16:10, 16:9, 4:3, etc, it is entirely out of line to expect the same support in a brand new game, right?

Little black bars? Nothing that simply can't be ignored. After all, we should simply be grateful that they even decided to release it for the PC! Oh thank you, our console overlords!

/s

20. Re: F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Patched Mar 14, 2009, 14:34 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 14, 2009, 15:19.

18. Re: F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Patched Mar 14, 2009, 13:45 JohnBirshire

It's all very well supporting 4:3, but hows about 16:10.

I downloaded the demo, it didn't support 16:10, so I deleted it and never looked back.

Which is pretty ironic, considering I made the most watched F.E.A.R. multiplayer video ever, and played it off an on for 2 years while talking 100s into buying it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW83cff_zxY

But if you're going to screw me, then screw you.

News Comments > Wanted Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Wanted Preorder Bonus Mar 12, 2009, 22:48 JohnBirshire

I'd be one of the ones that didn't like the console demo. It felt like I was playing Gears of War tossed into a blender with Max Payne and a steaming pile of shit.  

News Comments > WAR Correspondence
9. Hahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha... Mar 12, 2009, 14:44 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 12, 2009, 14:46.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Trial
8. In other news... Mar 5, 2009, 19:49 JohnBirshire

Darkfall went live and nobody noticed.

Was there even a blues post about it?

News Comments > Used Game Marketplace Grows
9. Re: Used Game Marketplace Grows Mar 5, 2009, 12:01 JohnBirshire

I've always bought PC Games, played them to completion, and then sold my copy. This has allowed me to buy 10-20 times more games that I should have been able to buy, since instead of paying 50 for a game, I'd pay 50 for a game then sell it for 40-45 afterward. However, this came to a crashing end recently with GTA4 and Dawn of War 2...

I wonder how people will sell used games such as Dawn of War 2 which has its cd product key tied to a steam account forever, and then that steam account generates key that is tied to gfwl. So if someone tries to sell you used Dawn of War 2 DVD + cd key... well that's worth nothing. He would have to sell you actual steam account that owns the game

...oh, wait, no it didn't. I bought GTA4 and Dawn of War 2, installed them both, then returned them both to Best Buy and Gamestop and told them "I opened the box, and it didn't have any game documentation. So I can't install the game, because the documentation has the CD-Key on it". Best Buy and Gamestop BOTH gave me brand new copies of the game, per their opened box return policy. *will only give you another copy of the same game*. So then I sold both new copies on Ebay for 45, getting my money back for both games, while I continued to play both copies that I originally returned using the original CD-Keys.

Players are smarter than the industry. Screw me, I'll screw you. Maybe one day they will realize it and stop insulting and/or losing our business altogether with these new ridiculous business practices.

Oh, and just a side note, people have been buying/selling used property since the beginning of time. I'm sure the auto industry would LOVE to destroy buying/selling of used automobiles, but...obviously, that's ridiculous. Maybe the game industry execs will pull their head's out of their asses and realize it too.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 24, 2009, 12:21 JohnBirshire

Jag is a little late reviewing Warhammer 40k because they were a little late getting him his copy.

You see, Jag doesn't accept payment for his reviews, so he isn't as high of a priority as Gamespot and other retail review sites.

Oh, and that's why I read Jag's site religously as well.

2. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2009, 00:28 JohnBirshire

When the first sentence reads:
"Four years after the GTA: San Andres"
you know it's going to be a rough ride.

Yeah well at least they have pictures on their review site so you don't have to imagine what the game looks like.

:-P

News Comments > etc.
5. Gamestop used game sales... Feb 22, 2009, 01:42 JohnBirshire

I bought Dawn of War 2 and don't like it. I'm out 50 dollars because I can't sell the game on Ebay since it requires you to register your CD Key to your Steam account.....oh, wait, no. I'm going to take it to Best Buy, tell them the DVD doesn't work, and get a replacement shrink wrapped copy to throw on Ebay. *fuck Steam btw*

The individuals in the PC industry that are against used game sales are morons. They say used products hurt business. Oh, well, shit. I guess we are going to have to outlaw used car sales, used furniture sales, garage sales, used....oh wow I guess people buy/sell all kinds of used products and services. Who knew?!

Adios PC Gaming, I'm buying a console tomorrow.

3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 20, 2009, 23:48 JohnBirshire

I played Dawn of War 2 for a couple hours and don't like it.

But I can't sell it on Ebay to get my money back because it required Steam and Games For Windows Live activation.

So I'm out 50 bucks? Nope. I'm taking it back to Best Buy, telling them the DVD won't install properly, exchanging it for another copy since that is the only thing they'll give you in return, then I will sell the unopened copy on Ebay. Only one that'll be getting screwed is the publisher. What comes around goes around, bitches.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Feb 19, 2009, 14:14 JohnBirshire

You know how in Grand Theft Auto 3 when you are looking sideways out of your car window and start driving forward, your vision stays where you were looking?

But in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas when you are looking sideways out of your car, but proceed forward, the camera automatically pans to the direction are traveling?

Well...I hated that. Drove me insane. Couldn't even play the game. Well, until someone released a camera hack that fixed it of course.

However, I want to play Grand Theft Auto 4, but I was curious as to how it works in that game. Anybody know?

5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 19, 2009, 12:50 JohnBirshire

a three-sentence paragraph addressing the multiplayer aspect of the game

1. No balance whatsoever.
2. Play Tyranid to win.
3. Play anything else to lose.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Q&A
9. Multiplayer balance... Feb 17, 2009, 22:26 JohnBirshire

Is where this game is going to succeed or fail. If Relic is even half as committed to it as Blizzard, the I'm going to buy Dawn of War II.

I am worried already however, as the majority of players on the Dawn of War II forum's are stating that almost everybody is playing Tyranid, and if you aren't playing them and your opponent is, you lose.

Hopefully Dawn of War II doesn't end up with both players using the same race, same units, and same tactics every single game like *cough* Command and Conquer 3. *cough*

News Comments > Work at Gearbox
4. Award winning! Feb 16, 2009, 13:13 JohnBirshire

Can't have a press release without those words!  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailers
10. Re: Dawn of War II Trailers Feb 12, 2009, 23:01 JohnBirshire

it dawned (of war) on me

Oh I see what you did there!

14. Shalebridge Cradle? Feb 12, 2009, 16:39 JohnBirshire

That was Thief 3 right?

That shit was awesome.

Oh, and Zero Punctuation is entertaining, but I would NEVER think of it as an actual review. Might need to find a new category to put Zero Punctuation postings in Blue.

News Comments > Street Fighter IV Launch Event
9. Re: Street Fighter IV Launch Event Feb 12, 2009, 16:36 JohnBirshire

I'm thinking about buying an XBox 360 and getting XBox live for this game alone. I think playing it against other people will be awesome, like playing Street Fighter 2 against others in the arcade was. *loser goes to the back of the line, winner gets to keep playing until somebody beats them*

I wonder if the PC Version is going to be any good. Which is more likely to have lag, PC Version or XBox Live? I'd have to imagine even half a second of lag would utter and completely ruin a fighting game multiplayer.

P.S. No spectator mode? Well that's retarded. I'd think that mode would be a requirement.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailers
6. Re: Dawn of War II Trailers Feb 12, 2009, 16:32 JohnBirshire

Early reviews are above average. Most state that the campaign mode is repetitive at best. However, single player is something I might play through once, but if the multiplayer is good I could play it for a year. With PC Gaming being practically dead and only two games coming out this year I'm looking forward to, Dragon Age and Starcraft 2, I can't afford to be too picky.

I'm looking forward to this, but I wouldn't mind a demo.

1074 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo