Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1090 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer
12. Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 11:52 JohnBirshire

This trailer is an insult to Warhammer 40k. The Warhammer 40k universe is a dark, gritty, and grimy landscape, but in this trailer it looks like a fucking cartoon. All this looks like so far is space marine expansion pack to Warhammer Online.

I just went from excited about the prospect of a Warhammer 40k MMO to dreading it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer
6. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 18:01 JohnBirshire

I actually enjoyed the 1st one. You just had to take it for what it was, an action romp through numerous levels against hundreds of enemies, boss fights, etc. And surprisingly the story even made sense, I wasn't expecting it to. They did a good job of tieing it into Star Wars canon with Starkiller helping give birth to the rebellion, etc.

Sure it wasn't Knights of the Old Rebublic 3....but it wasn't supposed to be.

News Comments > Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released
10. Re: Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released Jun 11, 2010, 01:12 JohnBirshire

I collect books, have a copy of almost every book I've ever read. 10 huge storage bins filled with 100s of books is going to make a badass library pretty soon.

You can keep your Kindle crap, I don't want a bunch of text documents, lol.

News Comments > Mortal Online Launches
5. Darkfall junior... Jun 11, 2010, 01:07 JohnBirshire

This game is like the shitty version of Darkfall.

Which is kind of ironic, given the fact that Darkfall is also a shitty version of itself.

News Comments > Darkfall Online 14-Day Trial
10. Get ready to macro... Jun 3, 2010, 18:18 JohnBirshire

I recently tried playing it, after an old friend from Ultima Online insisted it was worth giving a shot.

Played it for a couple nights, and it honestly was kind of fun. Had some nice features, such as actually needing to physically aim your shots, like in a First Person Shooter.

Unfortunately it all came to a crashing halt for me once I realized that in order to even be halfway competitive you need to spend at least 16+ hours a day macroing for 3-6 months...and that is just to hold your own against a low end PvPer.

So I spent 4 days of 16+ hour macroing *8 while sleeping at 8 at work* swimming against a wall to try and build up some core stats. After 64 hours of swimming I hadn't even maxed the skill yet, and my stats barely budged. I asked a few people, and they said "get used to it". Now pardon my french, but WTF?! 64 hours and you haven't even maxed out swimming, 1 skill out of 100s?!?! What do they expect people who DONT macro to do, literally stare at their monitors drooling while they swim in circles for 200 hours before moving onto the next skill? Unbelievable.

Until they put an actual cap on skill-points, I would avoid this game like the bubonic plague. It makes other MMOs, even ones that are already famous for being a grind, look like kitten food.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends in Two Weeks
12. What??!!?! May 18, 2010, 20:23 JohnBirshire

I just preordered to get a beta key, and five minutes later they announce beta ending in two weeks?

BS.

News Comments > Meridian 59 Free
3. Re: Meridian 59 Free May 10, 2010, 19:51 JohnBirshire

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2010, 17:11:
This is still going? Uh why?

Same reason we play any old game, nostalgia.

Or maybe because new games simply don't compare.

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
7. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 15:54 JohnBirshire

Well, the whole concept is very complicated.

So say I am sitting at home unemployed trying to figure out how to make money. Oh, look a game called "=%iu" is coming out next month, I will design and run a =%iu fan website, and make a living off it.

There is a fine line between a fansite and an income generating commercial enterprise. Is this not profiteering off someone elses property?

News Comments > Games Compared to Drugs (Again)
5. Re: Games Compared to Drugs (Again) Apr 28, 2010, 10:24 JohnBirshire

Ultima Online is my drug. I've quit that game at least 30 times *for good* in the last 13 years...and I'm still playing it.  

News Comments > 15 Hours of Mafia II
23. First Mafia Demo... Mar 10, 2010, 22:41 JohnBirshire

I downloaded the demo for the first Mafia, and was blown away by it. It was a simple concept, a firefight in a parking garage, but it was probably one of the most immersive gaming experiences I had had that year.

So I promptly went out and bought the full version...just to find none of it compared to the demo mission. It was kind of like watching a movie trailer and seeing every good part in the entire movie.

Kind of off topic. But in reference to it being only 15 hours long, I'm okay with that...almost welcome it, as long as it is 15 hours well spent. My pile of games is already growing so fast I can't keep up with it, already 100s of hours behind.

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Server Merges
3. Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Server Merges Feb 5, 2010, 00:20 JohnBirshire

I bought the game and played it the first month.

What is remarkable about this game is that it is one of the only games I've played where I could literally read books while playing it without distracting from my success whatsoever. Sail perpendicular to my target, match speed, set guns on autofire, read book until I heard victory music, rinse, repeat. 50 hours later I was max level, and then I went on to do some hardcore PvP. So realistically hardcore that I spent a week before finding a single player merchant ship to attack before they dumped their cargo straight to the ocean floor. Awesome game, Pirates of the Burning Sea. Wish I had stuck around longer, I could have read about 200 more books by now.

News Comments > American McGee Interview
2. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 24, 2010, 16:38 JohnBirshire

That game subsequently went out and sold one copy, literally.

So...it pretty much sold as many copies as most games Mr. McGee has been involved with.

News Comments > The Old Republic Books
1. Re: The Old Republic Books Dec 3, 2009, 02:14 JohnBirshire

Oooh, Paul Kemp, his Forgotten Realms books are amazing. R.A. Salvatore and himself are the most proficient authors it has.  

News Comments > Free MechWarrior 4 Status
3. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 13:31 JohnBirshire

It came out almost 10 years ago and you can buy a copy for $5. Wow, thanks guys! I'll be the 10,000,001st person waiting in line for my copy!  

News Comments > Asheron's Call Anniversary
17. I ran Darktide... Nov 2, 2009, 21:51 JohnBirshire

-Blood  

News Comments > The Old Republic Jedi Details
11. So... Oct 30, 2009, 21:41 JohnBirshire

When you create a Jedi, are you randomly assigned a midi-chlorian count that determines how high your level can be? And you don't know what it is until you can't seem to gain experience any longer? If so, at least it is canon.  

News Comments > Earth & Beyond Emulator
3. Re: Earth & Beyond Emulator Oct 27, 2009, 13:08 JohnBirshire

I remember playing this at release for a couple weeks. Ultimately stale, but I suppose you could kill a few weeks in it.  

News Comments > Champions Online Free Next Weekend
20. Character design is fun... Oct 25, 2009, 14:37 JohnBirshire

Champions is worth playing once just to design a few characters. I spent longer designing the characters than I did playing.  

News Comments > On PlanetSide Next
4. Planetside... Oct 11, 2009, 14:00 JohnBirshire

is the most underrated MMO I've ever played, and I've played 50+ of them.  

News Comments > Study: Gamers "More Aggressive to Strangers"
26. SCREW YOU ALL!!!!! Sep 30, 2009, 00:35 JohnBirshire

YOU ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

1090 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo