Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1096 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
28. Game of the Year Edition...seriously?! Oct 5, 2010, 23:12 JohnBirshire

What's with "above average" titles calling themselves Game of the Year?

I found Borderlands to be extremely repetitive and downright boring. I swear I killed the same 3 enemies over and over and over again, they just got more hitpoints the higher level you were. And the ending was the most anticlimatic ending since Syndicate. GOTY....laugh.

I played Duke 3D to death, was thrilled about DNF when first announced, but now I wish it would get released, get mediocre reviews, and disappear into Oblivion. Just when you think you are FINALLY done hearing about it, it comes back, like a troll, time and time again. Somebody needs to kill it with fire. *so it can't regenerate*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
33. If it wasn't for KoTOR... Oct 4, 2010, 20:39 JohnBirshire

Leveling to 85 is going to take 100s and 100s of hours. By the time I reach level cap and get to experience the endgame, it'll be too late.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:08 JohnBirshire

The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks. Seemed normal enough at first, then suddenly the guy takes a hit of acid, ends up in a flying dildo while watching a spaceship get destroyed by a giant dragon, then all the sudden lizardmen start showing up and jumping to lightspeed. Not sure wtf just happened.

Oh, and if I didn't play an MMO just because it was a mess at release, I would never play any MMO, ever.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 15:23 JohnBirshire

Glad that a guy named Sauron is recommending Lotro, lol.

The problem with new MMOs is that people always compare them to MMOs that have been out several years. Take WoW for example. When it came out there were no armor sets, hardly any raids, no battlegrounds, no arenas. When I got to level 60 a month after it came out I was so bored I quit. Yeah NOW there is a lot more to do, but certainly not when it was released.

I'm probably going to get it for the sake of sheer boredom, and because I want to play something new. Yes I could return to Lotro or WoW or Meridian 59, but id rather be a part of something new.

And that review was terrible, could type it up myself in 5 minutes after playing the game an hour. They just wanted to be first to have a review up.

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
17. removed Sep 28, 2010, 14:23 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2010, 14:30.

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
9. Re: Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease? Sep 28, 2010, 12:07 JohnBirshire

Does DOSBox work well? I've heard mixed results. I'd really like to play through Tie Fighter again, maybe even Syndicate.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
14. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Sep 27, 2010, 10:15 JohnBirshire

I dont buy Starcraft for e-sport. I would buy it for the singleplayer campaign. Would i be stupid too?

Yes because the single player campaign is the most over-rated I've played in ten years. Boring and cliched is the only thing that came to mind while I was playing through it. Multiplayer is this game's forte. The single player is just filler.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
1. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Sep 26, 2010, 19:30 JohnBirshire

I don't really understand battle.net anymore. I remember back when I played Warcraft 2 and 3 that you could join chat rooms and talk to other players. Now it seems as if my only option is to stare at a basic login screen waiting to pick single player, multi player, etc.  

News Comments > EA Offering APB Compensation?
5. Want your $50 back? Sep 26, 2010, 01:51 JohnBirshire

I'm sure they want their $100,000,000 back.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details, Trailer
12. Re: World of Darkness Details, Trailer Sep 26, 2010, 00:00 JohnBirshire

Sweet, first time in 20 years on Bluesnews I've seen the word "Vampire" without being followed by the words "patch 12673487926134087126304927834982734908237429348".  

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
9. Simpler Civilization? Sep 21, 2010, 13:19 JohnBirshire

Quoting: "Feels far more simplistic and less rich than previous Civilization titles."

I don't know if this is necessarily a bad review in my opinion. I played the original Civilization to death many years ago, but skipped the subsequent versions because I felt as if I needed to study for a year to fully understand the game's intricacies. With about 15 games a year occupying my time, I simply didn't want to spend the necessary time learning how to play them to their fullest extent. With that review, and with the demo, I'm going to give Civilization 5 an honest shot. Downloading...

News Comments > Global Agenda Issues an APB APB
7. Re: Global Agenda Issues an APB APB Sep 18, 2010, 19:24 JohnBirshire

You released a shitty buggy product after blowing an ungodly amount of money over several years making it, going down in history as one of this industries most selfish and colossal fuckups. Quit with overly dramatic press releases already and disappear.  

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans
6. Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans Sep 16, 2010, 16:28 JohnBirshire

I played this game for my "free" month, and finished 5 books. It had the most boring and repetitive combat of all time. Sail up into a parallel position, match speed, place guns on autofire, read book until target sunk. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat.

I kept my login name and pass just in case I ever wanted to check it out again, I think I will give it a shot when I don't have to resubscribe.

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
1. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Sep 14, 2010, 20:19 JohnBirshire

Blizzard lets people cheat for months and months, then bans a bunch. Then they let you cheat for months and months, then bans a bunch. Then a year goes by with people cheating nonstop, then they ban a bunch.

They need to be a little bit more "proactive" when going after cheaters if they want to make a significant difference.

Also, a lot of people cheat, get banned, buy another copy, start cheating again. A guy who loves maphacking isn't going to care if he has to pay $20-30 for a new copy every 6 months, it is a small price to pay.

News Comments > World of Tanks Trailer
3. Re: World of Tanks Trailer Sep 14, 2010, 17:49 JohnBirshire

I don't share The Ones enthusiasm for this title. I think piloting a tank and fighting other tanks is fun...but certainly nothing new. It also gets very repetitive, very quickly. There are also countless games where you can pilot a tank...and much more. This game is a gimmick that won't ultimately have many subscribers.  

News Comments > DNF Interview
5. Hurry up already... Sep 10, 2010, 23:02 JohnBirshire

And release this piece of crap so it can get horrendous reviews, everybody can get a hysterical laugh out of it, and then move on while utterly forgetting about it.

Just when you think you are FINALLY done reading DNF headlines...this crap comes out of nowhere and starts all over again.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free
7. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Sep 10, 2010, 23:00 JohnBirshire

Mike Savage from Turbine is P.I.M.P.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 20:36 JohnBirshire

One of the reviews actually talked me out of buying Amnesia, specifically this line:

Itís Thief IIIís Cradle as a full game

I could barely handle that level in Thief III, I would crap myself to death if I tried to play an entire game like it, haha. If you're a horror fan however, Amnesia looks like a must play.

I was looking forward to Elemental until I read a few reviews, probably one of the bigger disappointments this year.

The Predator mod trailer was one of the worst trailer's I've seen, and the fact that they played the Predator 2 trailer's audio in the background without even removing the Predator 2 bit really makes me question the production values. Would have been a cool mod however if it had come out 2 years ago, Crysis is kind of a has-been at best. It was hard enough finding players online when it was brand new.

Dragon Age, I must finally start playing it again, I always make it about 10 hours in and then make a new character. I might start it up again when I'm done playing through Ultima 7 for the 20th time in my life.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Top 9 worst employees in video game history... Sep 6, 2010, 19:57 JohnBirshire

I was excited when I saw this, I thought it was going to be a list like Bill Roper, John Romero, Derek Smart, etc.  

News Comments > LOTRO Head Start This Week
10. Re: LOTRO Head Start This Week Sep 5, 2010, 21:07 JohnBirshire

I'm gonna WTF PWN all you newbzors in the face, this game has l33t PvP.

Just wait until I can dual wield a hobbit in each hand, their hairy feet will be smacking you in the face for 76 damage a pop, turning you into a corpse.

1096 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo