Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Offering APB Compensation?
5. Want your $50 back? Sep 26, 2010, 01:51 JohnBirshire

I'm sure they want their $100,000,000 back.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Darkness Details, Trailer
12. Re: World of Darkness Details, Trailer Sep 26, 2010, 00:00 JohnBirshire

Sweet, first time in 20 years on Bluesnews I've seen the word "Vampire" without being followed by the words "patch 12673487926134087126304927834982734908237429348".  

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
9. Simpler Civilization? Sep 21, 2010, 13:19 JohnBirshire

Quoting: "Feels far more simplistic and less rich than previous Civilization titles."

I don't know if this is necessarily a bad review in my opinion. I played the original Civilization to death many years ago, but skipped the subsequent versions because I felt as if I needed to study for a year to fully understand the game's intricacies. With about 15 games a year occupying my time, I simply didn't want to spend the necessary time learning how to play them to their fullest extent. With that review, and with the demo, I'm going to give Civilization 5 an honest shot. Downloading...

News Comments > Global Agenda Issues an APB APB
7. Re: Global Agenda Issues an APB APB Sep 18, 2010, 19:24 JohnBirshire

You released a shitty buggy product after blowing an ungodly amount of money over several years making it, going down in history as one of this industries most selfish and colossal fuckups. Quit with overly dramatic press releases already and disappear.  

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans
6. Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans Sep 16, 2010, 16:28 JohnBirshire

I played this game for my "free" month, and finished 5 books. It had the most boring and repetitive combat of all time. Sail up into a parallel position, match speed, place guns on autofire, read book until target sunk. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat.

I kept my login name and pass just in case I ever wanted to check it out again, I think I will give it a shot when I don't have to resubscribe.

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
1. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Sep 14, 2010, 20:19 JohnBirshire

Blizzard lets people cheat for months and months, then bans a bunch. Then they let you cheat for months and months, then bans a bunch. Then a year goes by with people cheating nonstop, then they ban a bunch.

They need to be a little bit more "proactive" when going after cheaters if they want to make a significant difference.

Also, a lot of people cheat, get banned, buy another copy, start cheating again. A guy who loves maphacking isn't going to care if he has to pay $20-30 for a new copy every 6 months, it is a small price to pay.

News Comments > World of Tanks Trailer
3. Re: World of Tanks Trailer Sep 14, 2010, 17:49 JohnBirshire

I don't share The Ones enthusiasm for this title. I think piloting a tank and fighting other tanks is fun...but certainly nothing new. It also gets very repetitive, very quickly. There are also countless games where you can pilot a tank...and much more. This game is a gimmick that won't ultimately have many subscribers.  

News Comments > DNF Interview
5. Hurry up already... Sep 10, 2010, 23:02 JohnBirshire

And release this piece of crap so it can get horrendous reviews, everybody can get a hysterical laugh out of it, and then move on while utterly forgetting about it.

Just when you think you are FINALLY done reading DNF headlines...this crap comes out of nowhere and starts all over again.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free
7. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Sep 10, 2010, 23:00 JohnBirshire

Mike Savage from Turbine is P.I.M.P.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 20:36 JohnBirshire

One of the reviews actually talked me out of buying Amnesia, specifically this line:

Itís Thief IIIís Cradle as a full game

I could barely handle that level in Thief III, I would crap myself to death if I tried to play an entire game like it, haha. If you're a horror fan however, Amnesia looks like a must play.

I was looking forward to Elemental until I read a few reviews, probably one of the bigger disappointments this year.

The Predator mod trailer was one of the worst trailer's I've seen, and the fact that they played the Predator 2 trailer's audio in the background without even removing the Predator 2 bit really makes me question the production values. Would have been a cool mod however if it had come out 2 years ago, Crysis is kind of a has-been at best. It was hard enough finding players online when it was brand new.

Dragon Age, I must finally start playing it again, I always make it about 10 hours in and then make a new character. I might start it up again when I'm done playing through Ultima 7 for the 20th time in my life.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Top 9 worst employees in video game history... Sep 6, 2010, 19:57 JohnBirshire

I was excited when I saw this, I thought it was going to be a list like Bill Roper, John Romero, Derek Smart, etc.  

News Comments > LOTRO Head Start This Week
10. Re: LOTRO Head Start This Week Sep 5, 2010, 21:07 JohnBirshire

I'm gonna WTF PWN all you newbzors in the face, this game has l33t PvP.

Just wait until I can dual wield a hobbit in each hand, their hairy feet will be smacking you in the face for 76 damage a pop, turning you into a corpse.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
27. Sigh... Sep 3, 2010, 19:53 JohnBirshire

I was a humongous Duke Nukem 3D fan, played it religiously. Went to local tournaments, and was ranked #3 at one time on Kali and Ten. So I, even more so than the average person perhaps, was tremendously looking forward for Duke Nukem Forever.

That being said....fuck off already. I'm sick and tired about hearing about Duke Nukem Forever, all the drama over the last 10+ years made almost everybody sick to death of it. Finally when you think it is finally all over, here I check gaming news and see Duke Nukem in the headlines again. For god's sake already, not again.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 3, 2010, 00:33 JohnBirshire

Oh man, I had an almost unbeatable tank rush in Red Alert, I won 74 games in a row before finally losing to a tesla coil rush.

News Comments > Champions Online Free Week
2. Re: Champions Online Free Week Sep 2, 2010, 03:19 JohnBirshire

My favorite part was when a guy I work with, whom for god only knows why bought a lifetime subscription, was throwing a fit a couple weeks later when he found out he had to pay extra just to enter a new mid level zone that was opened up.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried it, and I have to say that creating characters was legitimately very fun. However once you actually start playing the actual game, you'll quickly give up and go back to making a few more characters before quiting.

News Comments > Windowed Worms Reloaded
2. Re: Windowed Worms Reloaded Sep 1, 2010, 20:47 JohnBirshire

Yes, especially casual games like this one. It was a dumb oversight on their part.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M
7. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 12:04 JohnBirshire

Might get lynched by fanboi's, but I thought the single player campaign's story was actually short, generic, and boring.

Multiplayer is what this game is built on.

News Comments > Borderlands: GOTY Edition in October
19. Overrated... Aug 30, 2010, 20:57 JohnBirshire

You fight the same 3 enemies literally the entire game.

The ending was one of the most anticlimatic I remember since Syndicate.

GOTY...not close.

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
2. Re: Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability" Aug 30, 2010, 20:55 JohnBirshire

I played through the first one and did not regret it, but after seeing mediocre reviews and being underwhelmed by the demo, I decided to skip the second.

I was kind of disappointed with the first one in one aspect however, and that was that the demo was so awesome I bought the game...just to find out the demo level was the best part of the game. Was kind of like seeing all the best parts of a movie in the trailer.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Online Interview
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Online Interview Aug 27, 2010, 21:28 JohnBirshire

Might as well call this Warhammer 40K The Cartoon Online.

The 40k universe is one of the most vicious and brutal I've seen after reading a good 50 of the novels, this game's art direction is a joke.

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo