Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1090 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
6. Much more advertising needed! Dec 18, 2010, 20:55 JohnBirshire

I bought Planetside the day it came out and played it to death the first couple months. I thoroughly enjoyed it for awhile, and I didn't even know they were making another until reading this post, and I'm fairly knowledgeable about what's going on in the industry.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
11. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 16, 2010, 00:20 JohnBirshire

I heard Derek Smart is in a relationship with that dorky kid from A Christmas Story. You know, the one whose picture is below this post.

News Comments > Ender's Game Project Cancelled
2. Re: Ender's Game Project Cancelled Dec 14, 2010, 21:27 JohnBirshire

I don't know what the game would be like, 90% of the book was training exercises in a no gravity dome or something of that nature from what I can remember.

There doesn't seem to be much in the book that a game could be made out of.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup Dec 10, 2010, 17:13 JohnBirshire

I bought this game at release, played it for a couple days and quit.

The biggest problem for me is that there were no US servers. So even with a great internet connection you were lucky to have a 250 ping...a far cry from the 20-30 ping I have for any other game.

If you want to do business in a country, have servers in that country. That goes for US countries wanting to do business in Japan, and vice versa.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
32. Arena: The Elder Scrolls... Nov 23, 2010, 14:15 JohnBirshire

The first Elder Scrolls game is my favorite game of all time, I still think about it from time to time.

1. Elder Scrolls: Arena
2. Ultima 7
3. Privateer
4. Syndicate
5. Tie Fighter

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interviews
13. Yawn... Nov 22, 2010, 00:13 JohnBirshire

Wish this would come out, suck, everybody get a good laugh at it, and it'll be forgotten so we can be done reading Interviews/Previews/Hype/FaQs for the rest of our lives.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
4. Yawn! Nov 9, 2010, 01:08 JohnBirshire

Duke Nukem Forever Interview 727,438,314 and counting....

Release the game and STFU.

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Force Unleashed 2 was terrible... Oct 30, 2010, 16:48 JohnBirshire

Actually, yes, they did fix that mechanic.

Only thing that was an improvement.

12. Force Unleashed 2 was terrible... Oct 29, 2010, 20:04 JohnBirshire

I, contrary to popular opinion, actually loved the first Force Unleashed. I thought it had fun combat, the force powers were a blast *I loved picking people up with force choke then impaling them with a lightsaber*, you visited many worlds from the Star Wars mythos, it was fun fighting Jedi as boss battles, and the story was good and made perfect sense.

However, Force Unleashed 2 was horrible. There were literally 4 enemies that you fought the entire game, the boss fights were terrible, you only visited roughly 3 worlds, the Vader battle was anticlimatic, the game was over in 4 hours, and the story was non existent. The only part of the "game" I enjoyed was the cinematic trailers, which ironically were never in the game itself. Instantly forgettable.

News Comments > Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners?
2. Yawn... Oct 14, 2010, 11:01 JohnBirshire

OMG I MIGHT GET TO PLAY IT 2 DAYS BEFORE OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?!?

Sorry, I've waited 4735 days to play it, I'm sure I can wait 4737.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
25. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 21:45 JohnBirshire

I just play WoW on freeservers now, don't have to spend 100s of hours leveling, such as the one I'm on now having 12x experience so you can get to the endgame content faster. And many of them have more players on at any given time than the majority of Blizzard servers.  

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Old DNF Preorders
7. Very rarely a point in preordering... Oct 8, 2010, 23:37 JohnBirshire

I never understood the concept of pre-ordering myself anyways. The kid at Gamestop, who probably has a quota, will say "Reserve your copy so it's here!"...uhh, what? There is no reason to reserve a copy, walk into any Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Meijer's, Target, Best Buy, etc and they'll have a full shelf of them on release day. I can't remember a single game that was ever out of stock that I stopped to purchase.

I think I preordered Starcraft 2 for the beta key, but it takes a major incentive to even bother.

News Comments > LOTRO Revenue Doubles
40. Short term... Oct 8, 2010, 19:35 JohnBirshire

Yeah when they announce "Free To Play" there is a flurry of activity immediately as 100s of thousands of people check it out. If it only "doubled" in the first month I'd be really worried.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com
8. Re: Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com Oct 6, 2010, 15:03 JohnBirshire

I felt like the Baldur's Gate games were Story>Combat, while Icewind Dale was Combat>Story.  

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
28. Game of the Year Edition...seriously?! Oct 5, 2010, 23:12 JohnBirshire

What's with "above average" titles calling themselves Game of the Year?

I found Borderlands to be extremely repetitive and downright boring. I swear I killed the same 3 enemies over and over and over again, they just got more hitpoints the higher level you were. And the ending was the most anticlimatic ending since Syndicate. GOTY....laugh.

I played Duke 3D to death, was thrilled about DNF when first announced, but now I wish it would get released, get mediocre reviews, and disappear into Oblivion. Just when you think you are FINALLY done hearing about it, it comes back, like a troll, time and time again. Somebody needs to kill it with fire. *so it can't regenerate*

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
33. If it wasn't for KoTOR... Oct 4, 2010, 20:39 JohnBirshire

Leveling to 85 is going to take 100s and 100s of hours. By the time I reach level cap and get to experience the endgame, it'll be too late.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:08 JohnBirshire

The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks. Seemed normal enough at first, then suddenly the guy takes a hit of acid, ends up in a flying dildo while watching a spaceship get destroyed by a giant dragon, then all the sudden lizardmen start showing up and jumping to lightspeed. Not sure wtf just happened.

Oh, and if I didn't play an MMO just because it was a mess at release, I would never play any MMO, ever.

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 15:23 JohnBirshire

Glad that a guy named Sauron is recommending Lotro, lol.

The problem with new MMOs is that people always compare them to MMOs that have been out several years. Take WoW for example. When it came out there were no armor sets, hardly any raids, no battlegrounds, no arenas. When I got to level 60 a month after it came out I was so bored I quit. Yeah NOW there is a lot more to do, but certainly not when it was released.

I'm probably going to get it for the sake of sheer boredom, and because I want to play something new. Yes I could return to Lotro or WoW or Meridian 59, but id rather be a part of something new.

And that review was terrible, could type it up myself in 5 minutes after playing the game an hour. They just wanted to be first to have a review up.

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
17. removed Sep 28, 2010, 14:23 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2010, 14:30.

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
9. Re: Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease? Sep 28, 2010, 12:07 JohnBirshire

Does DOSBox work well? I've heard mixed results. I'd really like to play through Tie Fighter again, maybe even Syndicate.  

1090 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo