Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Champions Online: Free For All Launch, Q&A
7. Re: Champions Online: Free For All Launch, Q&A Jan 27, 2011, 03:31 JohnBirshire

Champions Online F2P is worthy checking out if you haven't played it, just for the character generator alone. I spent 2 nights making characters, and only an hour playing.

DCUO is literally killing my wrist. Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click Click click click click click click click, it's like Diablo on crack. I'm going to go buy a gamepad before I get carpel tunnel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Worlds II Royal Edition
5. Not so fast... Jan 24, 2011, 23:33 JohnBirshire

The first reviews to come out have been horrendous, 1 out of 5 stars, and a 43% were the first two I saw.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online SOE's "Fastest Selling Game Ever"
9. Re: DC Universe Online SOE's "Fastest Selling Game Ever" Jan 24, 2011, 11:28 JohnBirshire

Of course it is going to sell a lot of copies at launch, that's why you used the license. DC Universe Teacup Party would sell a lot of copies initially. But it was never a question of initial copies, it is a question of whether people will continue to subscribe once the novelty wears off.

Completely unrelated question: Is naming like Champions, where you always get the name you want? Or is it like WoW, where everything you can think of is already taken?

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
24. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 00:44 JohnBirshire

WoW could actually get more dumbed down??? What...are they making it for toddlers now? The 10 year olds and grannies weren't enough?

You are kind of just helping my point. WoW, despite how simple you say it is, can't even come close to being played with a Gamepad. Yet it's recommended for DCUO.

13. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 21:38 JohnBirshire

Although his language wasn't the best way to gain support for his argument, he does have a point. Having to buy a gamepad with DCUO is kind of a buzzkill for me, makes me feel like the game is a bit simplistic, I couldn't imagine how dumbed down I'd have to make WoW to play it on a gamepad for example.  

8. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 19:45 JohnBirshire

I was going to pass this up, but then a friend started pressuring me to get it. *same friend that was raving about how awesome Darkfall was though, have to take what he says at face value*. But it got me watching videos and reading reviews, so opened the door for me. I hear PvP servers are the way to go, which was definitely appealing to me since none of the other superhero games had any PvP worthy of mention.

News Comments > Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale
14. Re: Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale Jan 20, 2011, 17:31 JohnBirshire

Lifetime subscriptions are an indicator of a terrible game.

There are people who have been playing UO since release, $2,000+. Asherons Call, $2,000+. WoW, $1250+. You know your game isn't going to last long when you are selling lifetime subscriptions for a fraction of that cost. If they don't have any faith in their product, neither should you.

News Comments > Cannon Fodder 3 Announced
4. Re: Cannon Fodder 3 Announced Jan 18, 2011, 22:20 JohnBirshire

I remember this one, was simple yet fun. I think it was one of the earliest games to be cartoonish but with blood spraying everywhere when you killed enemies. Fairly common now but certainly not at the time.  

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
4. Re: GOG.com Interview Jan 14, 2011, 09:55 JohnBirshire

300+ games in 2 years is limited?

Uhm, yes. They only have a small percentage of the "Good Old Games" from that era.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
1. Re: GOG.com Interview Jan 13, 2011, 23:27 JohnBirshire

I've bought Master of Orion 1, 2, and Master of Magic.

Nice site, easy to use, games come ready to play with Dosbox already configured so you don't have to spend a ton of time trying to get the game to run correctly. Literally just give them your credit card #, download the .exe, and start playing.

Just wish they'd add a lot more games, their selection is rather limited.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
16. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jan 13, 2011, 16:55 JohnBirshire

I tried to play it on Tuesday after downloading the latest patch. *the one prior to this one*

I couldn't even make it through the tutorial without encountering bugs.

Everytime I've tried to play this game over the last several years I've quickly given up in frustration.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Trailer
10. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 14:21 JohnBirshire

here isn't anything even approaching the tactical combat that Arkham Asylum had, or the response from enemies; you're just burning down life bars here.

Exactly, it is hard to grasp that anybody would possibly ever try to compare the two.

This game is another shallow gimmick superhero game, there are so many of them targeting so small an audience.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V's New Language
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls V's New Language Jan 6, 2011, 21:40 JohnBirshire

Yawn.

Think they are wasting their time on this facet of the game. Other developers have tried to do something similar, like Tabula Rasa with it's own written language...and nobody cared.

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was:

j&#8319;&#8319;±&#9834;&#9484;&#9532;|ؤو&#9579;&#9553;P2&#9554;&#9794; &#9612;5&#9566;&#9658;&#934;`&#9484;x&#9555;

My bad.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 2, 2011, 15:59 JohnBirshire

I knew this was a problem for quite some time, as I noticed more and more that when visiting malicious websites my Adobe is often suddenly opened automatically and starts loading a document. This article kind of drove home that point, really need to stop Adobe from doing that, I imagine probably able to in the options menu somewhere.

Would be nice if the article gave some preventative measures or some type of a solution instead of only stating the problem exists.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Dec 29, 2010, 02:04 JohnBirshire

I wish this game would STFU and come out already so we can stop reading previews and interviews for the rest of our lives. I was a huge fan of the previous games, even played Duke 3D religiously and was TEN/Kali ranked, but even I can't help but throw up in my mouth a little bit everything I see yet another mention of this game.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale Announced
8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale Announced Dec 24, 2010, 19:44 JohnBirshire

Forgotten Realms is the best campaign setting for D&D.

Forgotten Realms WAS the best campaign setting for D&D...until they took a giant diarrhea shit all over it and fast forwarded everything 100 years. I can't even stand reading the books anymore, and up to that date I had religiously read every single one of them.

Zhentarim, raiding the Dalelands. Sounds like it might be set in the prior time periods.

News Comments > AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders
1. Congrats... Dec 19, 2010, 20:46 JohnBirshire

They've been responsible for 100s of hours of entertainment for me, that's for sure.  

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
6. Much more advertising needed! Dec 18, 2010, 20:55 JohnBirshire

I bought Planetside the day it came out and played it to death the first couple months. I thoroughly enjoyed it for awhile, and I didn't even know they were making another until reading this post, and I'm fairly knowledgeable about what's going on in the industry.  

News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
11. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 16, 2010, 00:20 JohnBirshire

I heard Derek Smart is in a relationship with that dorky kid from A Christmas Story. You know, the one whose picture is below this post.

News Comments > Ender's Game Project Cancelled
2. Re: Ender's Game Project Cancelled Dec 14, 2010, 21:27 JohnBirshire

I don't know what the game would be like, 90% of the book was training exercises in a no gravity dome or something of that nature from what I can remember.

There doesn't seem to be much in the book that a game could be made out of.

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo