Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
2. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Jun 16, 2011, 15:13 JohnBirshire

I couldn't even finish the first one, I'm a pussy.

Played the hell out of it online though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free-to-Play Games on Steam
7. Re: Free-to-Play Games on Steam Jun 14, 2011, 16:59 JohnBirshire

Dev wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 16:29:
Blue,
I love how you put that. "not purchase these games from them, as opposed to not purchasing them elsewhere"
LOL

Oh...snap...

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 2.5M, Notch Interview
1. Re: Minecraft Sells 2.5M, Notch Interview Jun 13, 2011, 21:27 JohnBirshire

I was more surprised that FarCry sold as many copies as Diablo, than anything else.

I do however think being able to "win" Minecraft entirely defeats one of the game's main premises.

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2011, 19:15 JohnBirshire

Kythlyn wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 13:21:
Most shooters can be completed in a single day. Average campaign length is 6-10 hours.

Most shooters didn't spend 15 years in development.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Good riddance... Jun 11, 2011, 20:58 JohnBirshire

PC Gamer, infamous for giving much higher than deserved reviews to big titles, nonetheless still only gave it an 80% and said "Don't expect a miracle".

FIIINNNNAAALLLYYYYY they released this damn game so we can forget about it and move on. I was a hardcore Duke 3D Fan, played it religiously on Kali and TEN, and was extremely excited back when it was announced. But over the years I developed nothing but contempt for it, enough was enough already.

Don't make a sequel.

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
3. Weew... Jun 8, 2011, 11:56 JohnBirshire

Thank you.

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
4. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 11:47 JohnBirshire

I've played Ultima Online off and on since 1997.

I've played World of Warcraft off and on since 2004.

I played Age of Conan for 2 months.

I played Warhammer Online for 2 months.

I played DCUO for 2 months.

I played Rift for the free month.

I hope to be playing SWToR for a long time, because nothing else released in the last 7 years has even come close to expectations.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 3, 2011, 02:18 JohnBirshire

I'd love to play Privateer, but haven't had a joystick in 10 years.  

News Comments > Free Ultima IV Released
12. Re: Free Ultima IV Released Jun 2, 2011, 21:58 JohnBirshire

Haha, I lol'ed...

Agreed. Congrats on the collection. Another game that was, and still is ahead of its time in some important ways, is Alternate Reality.

LittleMe is the Kayne West of bluesnews.

A lot of younger gamers throw a lot of credit to the Final Fantasy series as the father of many RPGs. The part that was always cool to me is that Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, actually credited the earlier Ultima games as his inspiration.

News Comments > Free Ultima IV Released
4. Re: Free Ultima IV Released Jun 2, 2011, 20:22 JohnBirshire

It's been 30 years already?!

I've played about two dozen games in DOSBox, I haven't personally had any problems with sound, although I think I'm just simply lucky. Many of the DOSBox related forum threads are sound problem related. As for the game speed, you can control the speed manually, so that should not be a problem.

The beauty with games on GOG.com is that they do all the configurations for you, so you just download and play. I'm not sure if this is the case with the new Ultima IV release, but I guess I'm about to find out.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale May 26, 2011, 00:37 JohnBirshire

hmm what do you mean

They fast forwarded the timeline 100 years and forced every author to follow suite immediately, for example in the new R.A. Salvatore novels Drizzt is approximately 160 years old. They killed off half the gods, crashed another plane of existence into Faerun, destroyed entire continents, changed how magic works, killed off almost every major character, etc etc etc. It has been a catastrophe since they did this a few years ago, and only a handful of irrelevant novels have come out over the last couple years. Thank god I took the opportunity to discover Warhammer 40k otherwise I'd have a severe lack of books to read.

As for this game, nobody should get their hopes up. It's a $15 game at release, and the first two reviews I read were 1.5/5 and 48/100.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale May 25, 2011, 22:29 JohnBirshire

I can't even make any sense out of Forgotten Realms anymore, they tore it apart and ruined 200 novels of canon on a whim and practically destroyed the franchise.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Milestones
1. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 12:42 JohnBirshire

I downloaded it on release date, but have been playing League of Legends religiously so haven't checked it out yet. Going to make it a point to try it tonight.  

News Comments > Hellgate's North American F2P Return
6. Re: Hellgate's North American F2P Return May 19, 2011, 12:37 JohnBirshire

This game had one of the best cinematic trailers I've ever seen, yet it wasn't actually released with the game so almost nobody saw it. Just one decision involved with this game among many that left me banging my head against the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixARdpajp0

News Comments > Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought
20. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 17:11 JohnBirshire

you don't mean to say like chess, where both sides, black and white, have the exact same pieces, and tend to do the same things? oh gawd!

Wait...what? Seriously? Are you literally justifying a strategy game in which every player in a tournament uses the exact same build order and builds the exact same units? There is no sense in even trying to argue with an incompetent moron, so you win. Using your logic we'd be watching Starcraft players all use the same exact race, build order, and mass the same two units. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, just like watching competitive Command and Conquer 3.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought
17. I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 16:23 JohnBirshire

I remember watching a Command and Conquer tournament, actually sponsored by the developer I believe, in which every.single.player was doing the exact.same.thing. Strategy game? Pffttt, please.  

News Comments > Eden Games on Strike
15. Haven't met the CEO? In the 99% club... May 11, 2011, 21:46 JohnBirshire

The vaaaaaast majority of employees haven't met their CEOs, I had to laugh when I read that.

I'm glad they are striking though, employers have gotten cocky and arrogant with the economy not doing well, since we are "lucky to have jobs". I can't wait until all the baby boomers start retiring en masse, and this reverses itself.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Interview
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Interview May 9, 2011, 21:23 JohnBirshire

I was dissapointed with the Space Marines, they don't look nearly as epic as they are in the novels. They don't look much bigger than a normal human wearing platemail would be.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 7, 2011, 20:50 JohnBirshire

I played Modern Warfare 2 on the XBox for about 100 hours or so, really enjoyed it. I'd like to try a new CoD on the PC though, since mouse aiming is so superior.

Is lag an issue? Is it easy to find good games, do they have a decent online experience? I know there was a huge dedicated server issue with Modern Warfare 2.

News Comments > Sony's DCUO Make Good Plan
5. Re: Sony's DCUO Make Good Plan May 5, 2011, 00:30 JohnBirshire

Great, now everybody still playing is going to look like Batman. All 4 people. So much for originality.  

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo