Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation
11. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation Apr 11, 2011, 21:08 JohnBirshire

I bought an XBox 360 JUST to play this game when it came out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RIFT Event Extended
5. Re: RIFT Event Extended Apr 10, 2011, 21:46 JohnBirshire

When DC Universe Online came out I played it through my entire free month. When Rift came out I lasted three days. I sure hope that Bioware's new MMO holds me over.  

News Comments > King's Quest III Redux
13. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 14:43 JohnBirshire

In the screenshots the graphics look clean and crisp, when I run the game it looks just like the original did.

What am I doing wrong?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 9, 2011, 14:28 JohnBirshire

Pure garbage, everybody in my dorm was a gamer, literally every single student.  

7. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 00:14 JohnBirshire

Sierra games you could die, Lucasarts games you could not (generally).

You know, from what I remember, you are absolutely correct. Always remembered being afraid of dying in the King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry games as a kid, where I don't remember anything too terrible ever happening in games Sam&Max and Monkey Island.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2011, 00:35.

5. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 21:44 JohnBirshire

This one of those old Adventure games you could die in?  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Apr 2, 2011, 13:10 JohnBirshire

Everyone I know cancelled their subscription after the first month. It would be interesting to see what percentage of buyers did exactly that.

I plan on resubscribing when they release some new power sets however.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2011, 14:02 JohnBirshire

I don't know that I would categorize Yahtzhee's videos as "reviews".  

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Plans
4. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Plans Mar 26, 2011, 16:59 JohnBirshire

A Game of Thrones RPG will feature no combat, just 100s of pages of dialogue.  

News Comments > RIFT Patch and Event Plans
10. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 01:00 JohnBirshire

Might have well have called this game GO, Generic Online.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes Mar 21, 2011, 22:04 JohnBirshire

I doubt anyone is buying this for multiplayer.

Are you serious?! I've played about 200 games multiplayer, and Duke Nukem 3D I played more hours than almost all of them, second only to Ultima Online. *which I played off and on for roughly 10,000 hours over 13 years*

Duke Nukem 3D had fantastic multiplayer, far better than any multiplayer shooter I've ever played. I was ranked #1 on TEN and #3 on the Kali network simultaneously at one time, and they both had fiercely competitive ladders. Then the jerkoffs had the nerve to release the game on XBox Live, where I got stuck playing it again for 3 straight months, and that's saying a lot considering aiming with the controller isn't my cup of tea.

If the multiplayer is a quarter as good I will be giving it a shot.

News Comments > RIFT Account Security Measures
26. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 20, 2011, 19:50 JohnBirshire

If you like this coinlock feature, then you should be a fan of SecuROM too. They are both similar concepts, punish the legitimate paying user in an attempt to punish wrongdoers.

Can't believe these hypocrite fanboy morons.

21. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 20, 2011, 10:40 JohnBirshire

Did you put in the code you got via email? /facepalm
As for the poster below who talked about being coin locked everytime he logs in since the new patch, read the fracking notes!

Listen to these fanbois. Just like Trion assumed it was the user's fault that their accounts were being hacked, the game's fanclub thinks it's the user's fault when their new system is bugged. YES I put in the code, every single time I login I have to check my email and do so. Hence, the complaint. /facepalm that

12. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 19, 2011, 18:39 JohnBirshire

Everytime I log in since the last patch it says I'm "coinlocked" for logging in from multiple IP addresses. Simply. Not. True. Good job guys, A+.

Oh well, I am bored with how generic the game is anyways, wasn't planning on playing past the first month.

News Comments > The Return of Lord British
2. Re: The Return of Lord British Mar 14, 2011, 21:36 JohnBirshire

I'm a huge fan of Richard Garriott after having bought and played early Ultima games, but I couldn't help but think "WTF?!" as I was reading this.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 11, 2011, 23:15 JohnBirshire

Last time I text donated $10 to the Red Cross was for the earthquakes in Haiti, they proceeded to send me 13 replies in 30 seconds, literally spamming me to death. If they want donations they need to cut the bullshit.  

News Comments > League of Legends Co-op versus A.I. Live
2. Re: League of Legends Co-op versus A.I. Live Mar 11, 2011, 00:02 JohnBirshire

reisub wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 22:04:
Friends keep getting me to try this but games with microtransactions put me off. They've got to make money some how I guess.

This one is playable without having to pay, as you can unlock characters, upgrades, etc from playing. You just unlock them tremendously faster if you pay, obviously. But unless you are a hardcore competitive player on a team who has specific strategies in mind that rotate around specific heroes and upgrades, you can get by just fine.

I play a game here and there, it is fun, and can easily be done in short sessions as the average game lasts around thirty minutes. It is also very easy to pick up on, since each character only has a few abilities. *they make up for that fact by having a ton of characters* If you've ever played a game like Warcraft 3, you can start playing with no introduction.

My number one complaint, and one that might cause me to quit outright, is that people drop from games CONSTANTLY. You will literally start a 3 vs 3, and within a few seconds someone will drop which makes it a 2 vs 3...which quickly annihilates it being a fair fight. It isn't even fun when one of your opponents dropped, because it literally causes the other team to just give up entirely, and you're basically fighting spawn for twenty minutes while they go AFK in their base waiting for you to win. I have no idea whatsoever why the developers don't replace dropped players with AI. At least then, if you and your teammates micro your butt off, you'll have a fighting chance instead of an automatic loss. Sometimes I wish I could just smash developers in the face with a brick for being retarded.

But otherwise it's a fun game, honest. :-)

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2011, 11:58 JohnBirshire

What exactly does it mean when something is "on droids?"

Does it mean it's inherently unstable?

Actually, it just means it's a piece of shit that breaks at the slightest touch. I dropped my first droid a foot and a half, and the screen went blank. Got a replacement in the mail, the keyboard was broken and would display random characters no matter what button you pressed. The third broke in half when I slid the keyboard out and it popped off. I switched to an iPhone 4.

News Comments > Crytek on Crysis 2 Cheating
19. Re: Crytek on Crysis 2 Cheating Mar 10, 2011, 11:52 JohnBirshire

Rampart cheating is actually the reason why I quit playing the original Crysis. You literally could NOT join a game where someone wasn't flying and one shotting everybody. The only servers even playable were the Punkbuster ones, but they were few and far between.  

News Comments > RIFT Founder's Pricing Plan Extended
3. Pricing, should I play? Mar 10, 2011, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I agree with Cutter, I never understood $15 a month, it isn't like they are a manufacturer making something that costs them $12 a month and selling it for less would create a net loss. Investments have already been made, it certainly shouldn't cost more than a few dollars *even that seems high* at most per subscriber in upkeep/upgrade costs. If MMOs cost $7 a month for example, more people would subscribe to multiple MMOs, people would be less likely to cancel their subscription even if they were not playing it regularly, more people would try the MMO to begin with, etc etc.

I've been bored to death lately, playing random games while waiting for Bioware's MMO. Played DCUO a month, enjoyed it, but did not renew after the first month. Have been playing League of Legends a little bit, but getting frustrated at almost every game involving someone dropping, so it always turns into a 2 vs 3, 3 vs 5, etc. *developers too stupid to replace dropped players with AI so at least it isn't an automatic loss*. I was looking into Rift, some people really seem to enjoy it. When I watch videos though the character animation drives me insane, I literally watched a guy just make a two foot overhand chop with his axe over and over and over again for 30 minutes while PvPing. Patiently waiting for a few reviews before I decide.

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo