Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Patched
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Patched Aug 3, 2011, 01:24 JohnBirshire

I never really paid any attention to the game after giving up years ago. *despite being initially extremely excited about it*

But did anyone ever officially state "why" they put in a 2 weapon limit originally?

I'm just curious as to what the actual basis was for doing so, whose idea it was, and why the decision wasn't overridden by anybody that actually used their brain for half a second to question it by saying "Wait....what?!" The limit just seemed to make no actual logical sense in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
3. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 20:14 JohnBirshire

Is this the expansion where they put a bunch of oriental themed things into the game? Almost all MMOs eventually do it, Ultima Online did, Age of Conan did, etc. Pretty much inevitable as they try to attract and cater towards playerbase overseas.

New classes = Ninja and Samurai

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 15:25 JohnBirshire

I hope this isn't setting a bad precedent. Release a bug ridden mess, over the next ten years the fans patch it, profit!

I hope they are sharing some of it!

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
16. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 27, 2011, 00:07 JohnBirshire

yeah, no thanks. This seems like playing a game with the people who comment on Youtube.

In their defense, the negativity below was not started by fans of the game, but vice versa. The first poster actually made a legitimate point as to why he didn't like it, stating he personally didn't have any luck with comebacks. *to answer his question though, I've had some fantastic comebacks in games where I thought we were originally being dominated* Again, he didn't like the game, but that is okay because he actually posted a fair assessment in his own mind as to why not.

However the second poster then came around and implied that the game was garbage and he has no idea why anyone could possibly enjoy it... because you had to "click too much". Forget about praising the game because his own son is enjoying it for FREE, which he should be grateful for, but instead he wants to insult the game over a ludicrous reason. So he got called out on it, as he should have. Then his response with his second post is an equally ludicrous one, stating two well known clickfest games required very little clicking. Even I, who will normally try to debate logically, had to resist the urge to rudely respond. So to insinuate that you won't try the game because of the players is hardly just or fair. EVERY game has it's bad apples, whether that's chess, candyland, or any random MMO. If you don't try this game because of it, it's your own loss, because the game actually has a solid community of positive people who enjoy it and play everyday.

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
3. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 11:00 JohnBirshire

I downloaded this game about six months ago on a whim, based on the fact that PC Gamer gave it Game of the Year honors. At first I didn't think much, but after awhile it grew on me, and I still play several games a week. It really is a fantastic game, simultaneously rewards strategy and coordination. Its also a perfect game for short play sessions, 3 vs 3s last 30 minutes on average. If you're even remotely curious I would encourage you to check it out.

*the guy complaining about clicking probably didn't like Diablo, Starcraft, or any other number of games either*

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id on Mobile Gaming
4. Re: Quoteworthy - id on Mobile Gaming Jul 24, 2011, 18:33 JohnBirshire

I haven't found any decent games to play on my smartphone. Everything seems to be extremely casual, like Angry Birds. The only real decent game I played was Orcs & Elves. These smartphones are far more powerful than the old 486 computers, there are a lot of classics that could be played on them, would be nice to see some of them imported. The interface is a little rough, but there is no reason why a turn based strategy game like Master of Orion wouldn't work very easily.  

News Comments > Paging Dr. Lord British
4. Re: Paging Dr. Lord British Jul 21, 2011, 15:22 JohnBirshire

That's nothing, I was already a Dread Lord 14 years ago! Lake Superior shard, bitches.  

News Comments > etc.
1. BioWare says 18 Percent of... Jul 20, 2011, 10:19 JohnBirshire

Ironically many female players actually pick male characters.

Which is awfully ironic, and funny, given the fact that so many adolescent males are always trying to flirt with female characters in online games.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans
2. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 11, 2011, 22:08 JohnBirshire

I was actually waiting until they released new powers and then planned on subscribing again...but just one set? I also unfortunately have no interested in light powers, but was open to try some of the others they had made hint of. *lightning, atomic, etc* Bah, guess I'm putting this game off indefinitely, they are way too slow about introducing new content and by the time they release enough to justify coming back, it will be too late.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 7, 2011, 19:09 JohnBirshire

You're doing it all wrong Sphinx, you're supposed to give awesome reviews in return for advertising revenue. You'll figure it out, just ask that sellout Jaguar.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Jul 6, 2011, 19:34 JohnBirshire

Jag your signature looks like poop, literally. At least change the color, :-P  

News Comments > Age of Conan Now Free-to-Play
10. Re: Age of Conan Now Free-to-Play Jul 1, 2011, 15:27 JohnBirshire

Free to Play is the biggest sham being pulled over the eyes of the MMO player nowadays. To access all of the content you had as a paying subscriber you will end up paying MORE than you did as a subscriber.

"Free to play" should be renamed "Pay more for what you've always had, in order to support people that never would have paid to begin with to demo the game for free".

News Comments > Hellgate Beta Opens
12. Re: Hellgate Beta Opens Jun 30, 2011, 15:31 JohnBirshire

Cabezone wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 12:13:
This game should not be referenced as free to play. You have to pay to play past the first act.

Free to play has been a gimmick since day one, "The future of MMO's" my ass, anybody naive enough to believe that should buy some swampland I'm selling in Alaska.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play
31. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 10:46 JohnBirshire

Removing the time limit on trials is far from going "Free to Play", this is the definition of a sensationalist headline.  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
38. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 19:24 JohnBirshire

Every "free to play" microtransaction based game I've ever played has ended up with me spending far more than $15 a month. The only people I know that I've seen get excited about a game going free to play were the freeloaders who play casually and didn't plan on spending a dime.  

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
20. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 22:26 JohnBirshire

Ultima Online was a fantastic game, I am sure I have logged 10,000 hours off and on in 13+ years. Although retail nowadays looks absolutely nothing like it did in 97-00, there are many free servers that are modeled after that era, and a blast to play on.

As for World of Warcraft, Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank with those of you who said you refuse to play it since it is subscription based. And "Oh your time is coming!" is the stupidest argument of all time. That's like walking up to an athlete and saying "Oh yeah, well...you'll grow old and suck in the future!" Of course WoW is eventually going to start losing subscribers, but only after earning billions in revenue. Free to Play? Nah, never.

News Comments > Homefront Demo
3. Re: Homefront Demo Jun 23, 2011, 22:25 JohnBirshire

I'm downloading it, I'll give it a free shot.

If it's good I'll buy it.

Smart demo, I never would have paid the game two seconds of attention otherwise.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 23, 2011, 22:23 JohnBirshire

LOL, from $2 to free to play.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 20, 2011, 22:41 JohnBirshire

This is what the XBox users call a "Shitty PC Port".

It goes both ways hypocrites.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 19, 2011, 18:34 JohnBirshire

I played through Angry Birds...but really don't see what all the hype is about. The fact that I literally beat every single level I got stuck on by just randomly throwing birds at the level over and over again doesn't leave me to believe it had any real strategic depth.  

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo