Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2011, 14:48 JohnBirshire

I enjoy the CoD games on the 360, I should play them on the PC so I can aim 10 times better. I guess thinking about lag just stays my hand, lag ruins shooters. Anybody play it? How's the latency? I have a halfway decent internet connection that averages 30 mbs, but I'm often at the mercy of the game servers.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium Online in March 2013?
4. Re: Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium Online in March 2013? Oct 13, 2011, 08:24 JohnBirshire

When I saw a trailer for this over a year ago, I almost threw up, it looked like a cartoon. Warhammer 40k is a very dark and gritty universe, and here they are trying to make Lego Warhammer 40k Online.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
22. Unforgettable vs Instantly forgettable Oct 7, 2011, 22:43 JohnBirshire

Congrats id, you made unforgettable games for the PC over the years, and then this new instantly forgettable and unremarkable console game. Keep up the good work in this fantastic new groundbreaking direction!  

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
13. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 15:19 JohnBirshire

Oh, wait, Cryptic is designing this?

Scratch this one off the list.

*and here I was, paying close attention to the Neverwinter setting in R.A. Salvatore's new Drizzt book released last week, for nothing*

News Comments > DC Universe Online Update 5 Live
2. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 4, 2011, 23:23 JohnBirshire

When does this go F2P? I played some of the beta and enjoyed it for a bit, but didn't think it justified a sub.

I agree, had very little content, barely enough to hold you over for a month. As a casual free to play game it will probably work better.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
7. No reviews? Oct 3, 2011, 21:27 JohnBirshire

Hours before retail and not a single review? That's suspicious to me, and usually a very bad sign.

Was planning on buying tomorrow, but I'm going to wait a few days just to be better safe than sorry.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
16. No reviews pre-release? Oct 1, 2011, 19:17 JohnBirshire

I have been really looking forward to this, but no early reviews is making me nervous, doesn't show faith in their product.  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
13. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 17:10 JohnBirshire

This was actually a really stupid move on their part, wasn't there an indie developer on here not too long ago that stated they sold more copies of their game in one week on PC than in 6 months on XBox Live? I know they aren't an indie developer, but still...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 28, 2011, 12:21 JohnBirshire

3D is fantastic when the movie is shot in 3D, and utilizes it throughout the movie. The problem is that the majority of movies just throw in 30 seconds of cheesy post-production 3D effects, and call it a "3D movie". This unfortunately is what many people experience when they see a 3D movie for the first time, and never do so again.

They need to reach some kind of a standard that needs to be met in order to market the movie as 3D, or the over-saturation is going to kill the market.

News Comments > League of Legends: Dominion Launches
6. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 23:35 JohnBirshire

I have to respectfully disagree with you in a big NO.

You made an argument that each player in a 5 vs 5 is integral, and I'm not disagreeing with you. Every single person in a 5 vs 5 has a role to play that is important to the team. My argument is that in a 3 vs 3, as an individual you are more important in reference to whether your team wins or not. For example, far more teams win 4 vs 5's if someone drops, than teams that win 2 vs 3s. You lose your third person, you might as well throw in the towel. You lose your fifth person, and the game is still on, albeit at a disadvantage. If I'm playing a 3 vs 3 and my 2 teammates suck, I can still win if I play fantastically. *the individual player has more emphasis* In a 5 vs 5 if my 4 teammates suck...it doesn't matter if I'm the number 1 ranked player in the world, I can still easily lose and most likely will. *evidenced by the fact that the top ranked players in Solo 5 vs 5 for Season One still had a plentiful amount of losses*

how is it broken? Certain classes/champs have advantages?

There are 75+ champs, each with different abilities. Pick any 3 or 5 against any other 3 or 5, and yes, there will be some advantage/disadvantage. Not as bad as rock, paper, scissors, but maybe a 60/40, or 55/45 advantage towards one team or the other. The only way to guarantee 50/50 odds, would be for both teams to have the same exact champions. With 5 vs 5 there is usually a little more balance however, due to more champions being involved creating more balanced teams.

News Comments > League of Legends: Dominion Launches
2. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Esoteric wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 16:35:
A fun change of pace from Summoner's Rift. I only started playing LoL about a month ago but I'm enjoying myself. It's definitely F2P done right. Just played a game of Dominion that was decided at the last second (score was 4 to 0, both teams start at 500). It's much more fast-paced and hectic than the normal map, and lots of new strategies involved.

I've been playing a couple months, but have only done 3 vs 3s. I just feel like I have a much greater influence over a 3 vs 3 than I would a 5 vs 5. Individual player skill matters significantly more with smaller numbers than it does with larger. I might check out Dominion though, just for a change of pace.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:31 JohnBirshire

Tr0n wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 13:51:
Lol, subscriptions.

What is this, 2004?

Back when new MMO's weren't steaming piles of free to play shit, and were actually worth subscribing to? God I hope so!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 23:43 JohnBirshire

I'm not a huge fan of these companions, I've never been much of a "pet" player, preferring to do the damage myself. Is it true this game will pretty much require everyone to have a "pet" companion?

Will it not look ridiculous with every single player running around with a pet running along beside them?

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
4. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 13:57 JohnBirshire

I played it for an hour, got frustrated with the cover system, and quit. Thankfully Gamestop gave me a free $50 gift card for purchasing the game from their store.  

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
18. I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 17:46 JohnBirshire

The people complaining about a constant internet connection to play Diablo 3 must not have played Diablo 2 online, the game suffered from rampart cheating, hacks, and exploits. If requiring a constant internet connection prevents these problems from plaguing Diablo 3, then sign me up!  

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 14, 2011, 10:59 JohnBirshire

Hard Reset, GREAT game, go pick it up NOW!

It has a C average, and it isn't as if some reviewers gave it an A and others an F, the reviews were all pretty consistent. A game is going to have to do a bit better than that to be universally applauded as a worthy buy.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
9. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:52 JohnBirshire

I wish to see more than 3 enemies in the entire game.  

4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 6, 2011, 15:34 JohnBirshire

Where the hell are all the Warhammer reviews?

Agreed, I'm getting nervous. It's like terrible movies not showing up on any review sites until the night of release...usually a very bad sign. *hide the movie from critics to sucker some poor fools into watching it on opening weekend before word gets out that it sucks*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2011, 23:44 JohnBirshire

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to purchase Space Marine. The gameplay was fun, and the battles were pretty chaotic. A few design decisions left me confused however, such as the "Reload" message flashing across your screen the entire game despite the fact that the weapons reload automatically, and the crosshair is WAY too big. I imagine you'll be able to mod that stuff on the PC version though of course.  

News Comments > Richard Garriott on Ultima
10. Re: Richard Garriott on Ultima Sep 3, 2011, 00:07 JohnBirshire

Exploring Britannia in Ultima 7 was one of my top 3 greatest memories in my gaming history. First time exiting the starter dungeon in Elder Scrolls : Arena was another. First time being PK'ed in UO in summer of 97 was a mind opening experience as well.  

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo