Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1074 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 23:43 JohnBirshire

I'm not a huge fan of these companions, I've never been much of a "pet" player, preferring to do the damage myself. Is it true this game will pretty much require everyone to have a "pet" companion?

Will it not look ridiculous with every single player running around with a pet running along beside them?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
4. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 13:57 JohnBirshire

I played it for an hour, got frustrated with the cover system, and quit. Thankfully Gamestop gave me a free $50 gift card for purchasing the game from their store.  

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
18. I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 17:46 JohnBirshire

The people complaining about a constant internet connection to play Diablo 3 must not have played Diablo 2 online, the game suffered from rampart cheating, hacks, and exploits. If requiring a constant internet connection prevents these problems from plaguing Diablo 3, then sign me up!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 14, 2011, 10:59 JohnBirshire

Hard Reset, GREAT game, go pick it up NOW!

It has a C average, and it isn't as if some reviewers gave it an A and others an F, the reviews were all pretty consistent. A game is going to have to do a bit better than that to be universally applauded as a worthy buy.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
9. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:52 JohnBirshire

I wish to see more than 3 enemies in the entire game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 6, 2011, 15:34 JohnBirshire

Where the hell are all the Warhammer reviews?

Agreed, I'm getting nervous. It's like terrible movies not showing up on any review sites until the night of release...usually a very bad sign. *hide the movie from critics to sucker some poor fools into watching it on opening weekend before word gets out that it sucks*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2011, 23:44 JohnBirshire

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to purchase Space Marine. The gameplay was fun, and the battles were pretty chaotic. A few design decisions left me confused however, such as the "Reload" message flashing across your screen the entire game despite the fact that the weapons reload automatically, and the crosshair is WAY too big. I imagine you'll be able to mod that stuff on the PC version though of course.  

News Comments > Richard Garriott on Ultima
10. Re: Richard Garriott on Ultima Sep 3, 2011, 00:07 JohnBirshire

Exploring Britannia in Ultima 7 was one of my top 3 greatest memories in my gaming history. First time exiting the starter dungeon in Elder Scrolls : Arena was another. First time being PK'ed in UO in summer of 97 was a mind opening experience as well.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "The Missing Link" DLC Next Month
8. Re: removed Sep 3, 2011, 00:00 JohnBirshire

The original was one of my favorite games of all time, never played the second due to mediocre reviews, unfortunately threw in the towel after playing the third for a single evening. The cover system drove me insane, it kept taking me out of the game emotionally and immersively everytime I switched from first to third person. Ahh well, gamestop gave me a $50 gift card for free after buying the PC version from them.  

News Comments > Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed
8. Re: Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed Aug 31, 2011, 16:38 JohnBirshire

Wait, what? Unsensored version in Germany? This game is going to suck. I bet you run around with a supersoaker, watering plants.  

News Comments > Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com
13. Re: Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com Aug 31, 2011, 09:09 JohnBirshire

Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 21:47:
Port it to Android.
Maybe I'll pay for it.

My sentiments exactly! Many old PC classics would be perfect for my cell phone, I really wish they would start porting some of them.

News Comments > Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews
12. Yawn... Aug 29, 2011, 15:26 JohnBirshire

I spent my entire time playing Borderlands killing the same 3 enemies over and over and over and over again. Will Borderlands 2 have...4 enemies?

And what's with this "Game of the Year" edition? Game of the year, according to whom?

News Comments > Scrolls Trailer
1. Uhm, what? Aug 27, 2011, 16:19 JohnBirshire

I'm confused, is this for Skyrim, or for something else?  

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
21. Heading in tomorrow... Aug 26, 2011, 22:43 JohnBirshire

Reading bluesnews pays off again!

I will head into Gamestop tomorrow and see if this works. I half expect the pimply faced kid at the counter not to have a clue what I'm talking about, try to say they didn't take anything out of the box, and accuse me of faking the letter, but its worth a shot.

I will edit this post tomorrow as to whether I actually got a $50 gift card or not.

*update* The Gamestop employee didn't know anything about the offer, but he read about the controversy so didn't argue with me. I didn't take the "Buy 2 get 1 pre-order free" coupon, as that was just a clever trick. Appreciate the gift card though.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2011, 01:43.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 13:19 JohnBirshire

My father, brother, and I all live in seperate households, but each of us is going to buy a copy today. I loved the first Deus Ex, never played the second due to iffy reviews, but I am excited that they took the effort to make a great third installment. Not waiting for a holiday sale, I like to vote with my money and reward developers right away for making good games.  

News Comments > Mojang to Fight Scrolls Battle in Court, if not Q3A
8. Re: Mojang to Fight Scrolls Battle in Court, if not Q3A Aug 20, 2011, 14:24 JohnBirshire

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 14:03:
2) It seems this whole thing got started when YOU tried to trademark "Scrolls." Perhaps if you'd drop the whole trademark rigamarole, this whole thing will blow over.

Ohhhh.....wow. I guess all the "DOWN WITH THE EVIL NAZI BETHESDA!!!" fanboys must have conveniently forgotten this little detail. This is why it pays to get both sides of any argument.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo
14. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 11:28 JohnBirshire

People throw fits when they don't release demos, then again when they do.

Thank you for the demo guys, I appreciate it. Just downloaded it *took an hour*, and if it's good I'll give it a shot at retail.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Video Game Magazines On The Comeback Trail? Aug 15, 2011, 18:09 JohnBirshire

I keep getting them in the mail, even though I thought my subscription ended awhile ago.

Magazines make far more money off of advertising than subscriptions, and the more "readers", the more advertisers. You can actually get most any magazine subscription for free if you simply call and ask nicely enough.

Na, you can wipe your ass with a PC Gamer when you're done and it'll be the same quality as their reviews.

Sad, but true. They have unfortunately lost a lot of credibility. They gave Deus Ex 3 a 94, and instead of instantly being excited and ready to buy it, I've got to wait and see if other folk give it similar reviews.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Video Game Magazines On The Comeback Trail? Aug 15, 2011, 18:07 JohnBirshire

*doublepost*  

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
34. PC Gamer gave it a 94... Aug 12, 2011, 15:16 JohnBirshire

PC Gamer supposedly gave it a 94, and the reviewer stated it was the best game he played in the last 4 years. He also claims to be a tremendous fan of the original Deus Ex.

Unfortunately you have to take everything PC Gamer says with a grain of salt, as they have a reputation for being a little...sensational...with their reviews. But it certainly did get me excited, this game might pull it off after all!

1074 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo