Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > The Lure of the Dark Side
2. Re: The Lure of the Dark Side Dec 24, 2011, 11:40 JohnBirshire

Fion wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 11:15:
550'000 Sith Warriors to 510'00 Jedi Knights seems pretty balanced to me. The PvP (from what I've experienced) is pretty balanced as well. I play Republic side and win about half our matches. It's more than I can say for that other MMOG that has yet to find balance in almost 7 years.

Well, unfortunately that might change in the future. Having played almost every PvP related MMO over the last 15 years, I've noticed a phenomenon. It's called "join the winning team", and it might be human nature. Once one side starts winning more than the other, even if it's 51/49, people who want to win start switching to the winning side. Then it becomes 52/48, 60/40, 65/35, until it's unbalanced. You see the phenomenon outside of gaming too, with people suddenly being "huge fans" of whichever sport's team is good that year, etc. Might be premature to call the PvP in this game "balanced".

The most balanced PvP games I've seen were ones where there were more than two factions, as then the weaker factions team up to defeat the strongest. Planetside with three sides, Dark Age of Camelot with three sides, etc. In my opinion if there are only two sides, Horde/Alliance, Sith/Jedi, it will NEVER be balanced.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trion Breached
7. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 11:56 JohnBirshire

When someone steals your credit card information and racks up charges, a quick phone call and they are reversed.

Credit card info is not safe, at all. The 16 year old at the gas station has access to 100's of #'s everyday.

Keeping your SS# and your bank account information safe is important, credit card info is irrelevant.

News Comments > New World of Tanks Record
3. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 12:42 JohnBirshire

There's a tank, hiding in the bushes!

I played this game for 5 minutes.

News Comments > New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM
1. Re: New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM Dec 3, 2011, 13:56 JohnBirshire

Bah, this bothers my OCD. I can't stand when things are backwards or out of order. Jelly and peanut butter, chains and whips, jerry and tom, clyde and bonnie, yang and yin, gravy and bisquits, kaboodle and kit, cream and cookies, juliet and romeo, dale and chip, pepper and salt, etc, etc.

It's Rock, Paper, Scissors you jerkoffs.

News Comments > Bad Day at Day 1?
3. Re: Bad Day at Day 1? Dec 3, 2011, 13:45 JohnBirshire

Gaming is my #1 hobby, but I would never even contemplate working in this industry, it is one of the most volatile you could ever be in. Constant turnover, moving around the country for work every couple years, long work weeks fighting to be paid for your overtime, lack of work/life balance, the list goes on. I will stick to playing them, while thanking those that make them, because I sure as hell couldn't do it.  

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
14. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 16:46 JohnBirshire

$2.50 Okay, if I play it 30 minutes that's the entertainment value of a movie ticket.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Casting Call
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Casting Call Nov 30, 2011, 03:33 JohnBirshire

Is this the Borderlands that has more than 3 enemies recycled over and over again throughout the entire game?  

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
27. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 23:32 JohnBirshire

I don't know why they keep saying "If your rig is up to the game". If it can run on the XBox 360, it should run on your computer if you've upgraded it in the last 10 years.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Nov 8, 2011, 21:43 JohnBirshire

Too many people complaining about the single player. If you ever thought these games had anything to do with single player whatsoever, you rode on the short bus as a kid. This game has about as much to do with single player as World of Warcraft, haha.

Played MW and MW2 single player for about 5-6 hours. Played them online for 100's.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank with their $1+ billion in sales.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews<br> The reviews are rolling in for <b>Call of Duty: Moder Nov 8, 2011, 11:11 JohnBirshire

I'm gonna wait till this is on sale.

You will be waiting a long time, they aren't any cheaper for years.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 15:21 JohnBirshire

OMFG Jag fanboi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kidding*

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Wipe
1. Re: Diablo III Beta Wipe Nov 5, 2011, 00:54 JohnBirshire

Will you be able to respec?

Are certain classes still sex specific? *rogues being female only, for example*

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 4, 2011, 15:15 JohnBirshire

It should have been 85+...IMO.

I played Modern Warfare 2 for almost a year, and Battlefield 2 for...roughly a few hours. So I'm certainly not a fanboy, I'm also not biased either. PC Gamer was most likely trying to overcompensate for some of the bad publicity they have received by only giving this game an 80, from all accounts it certainly should have been a bit higher.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
13. Re: Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 15:23 JohnBirshire

This year for PC gamers has been one disaster after another. Next up: Skyrim.

Unfortunately he might be right. When you start with a mandatory deadline, 11-11-11, and you're rushing rushing rushing rushing to get it completed on time, mistakes inevitably happen. Even if the game was still a huge unfinished steaming pile of crap by 11-11-11, they committed themselves so fully to that release date that they'd release it anyways. I'm hopeful that Skyrim comes out without a hitch, as Arena is my favorite game of all time, but I remember all the issues Daggerfall had so I'm nervous.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
1. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Stars II: Lords of Winter Oct 28, 2011, 15:13 JohnBirshire

I'm still trying to understand how a planet's seasons would apply to space.  

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
8. Nice... Oct 28, 2011, 11:29 JohnBirshire

I am proud that so many aspects of the community are represented within Blizzard itself.

I see what you did there. So subtle, yet so clever.

"Oh, wait, gay people work at Blizzard too? You're forgiven!"

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 25, 2011, 22:28 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch where you can *gasp* remap the keys?

Idiots.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 14:34 JohnBirshire

Hopefully the PC version isn't a POS afterthought that requires you to login to 6 different 3rd party programs just to play it. I remember playing the first Grand Theft Auto on a LAN, that's how long I've enjoyed the franchise for, and GTA3 was one of my favorite games of all time. But after buying the 4th one, installing it, then immediately deleting it, I'm not going to be in a big hurry to buy the 5th.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 13:10 JohnBirshire

I downloaded the demo for Orcs Must Die with the intent of buying it, then quickly realized you can't even remap the keys. Seriously? No....seriously?! Deleted.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2011, 11:48 JohnBirshire

My favorite part is when you're in cover behind a window, go to peek out and there's a friendly AI in cover on the opposite side of your window, staring at you with his back to the enemy. You shoot him in the face because he's a danger to yourself and your team, and he doesn't flinch while the game shouts "Hey, that's a friendly!" No, that's an idiot. There's a difference.

I lol'ed.

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo