Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1097 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 15:21 JohnBirshire

OMFG Jag fanboi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kidding*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Wipe
1. Re: Diablo III Beta Wipe Nov 5, 2011, 00:54 JohnBirshire

Will you be able to respec?

Are certain classes still sex specific? *rogues being female only, for example*

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 4, 2011, 15:15 JohnBirshire

It should have been 85+...IMO.

I played Modern Warfare 2 for almost a year, and Battlefield 2 for...roughly a few hours. So I'm certainly not a fanboy, I'm also not biased either. PC Gamer was most likely trying to overcompensate for some of the bad publicity they have received by only giving this game an 80, from all accounts it certainly should have been a bit higher.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
13. Re: Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 15:23 JohnBirshire

This year for PC gamers has been one disaster after another. Next up: Skyrim.

Unfortunately he might be right. When you start with a mandatory deadline, 11-11-11, and you're rushing rushing rushing rushing to get it completed on time, mistakes inevitably happen. Even if the game was still a huge unfinished steaming pile of crap by 11-11-11, they committed themselves so fully to that release date that they'd release it anyways. I'm hopeful that Skyrim comes out without a hitch, as Arena is my favorite game of all time, but I remember all the issues Daggerfall had so I'm nervous.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
1. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Stars II: Lords of Winter Oct 28, 2011, 15:13 JohnBirshire

I'm still trying to understand how a planet's seasons would apply to space.  

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
8. Nice... Oct 28, 2011, 11:29 JohnBirshire

I am proud that so many aspects of the community are represented within Blizzard itself.

I see what you did there. So subtle, yet so clever.

"Oh, wait, gay people work at Blizzard too? You're forgiven!"

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 25, 2011, 22:28 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch where you can *gasp* remap the keys?

Idiots.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 14:34 JohnBirshire

Hopefully the PC version isn't a POS afterthought that requires you to login to 6 different 3rd party programs just to play it. I remember playing the first Grand Theft Auto on a LAN, that's how long I've enjoyed the franchise for, and GTA3 was one of my favorite games of all time. But after buying the 4th one, installing it, then immediately deleting it, I'm not going to be in a big hurry to buy the 5th.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 13:10 JohnBirshire

I downloaded the demo for Orcs Must Die with the intent of buying it, then quickly realized you can't even remap the keys. Seriously? No....seriously?! Deleted.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2011, 11:48 JohnBirshire

My favorite part is when you're in cover behind a window, go to peek out and there's a friendly AI in cover on the opposite side of your window, staring at you with his back to the enemy. You shoot him in the face because he's a danger to yourself and your team, and he doesn't flinch while the game shouts "Hey, that's a friendly!" No, that's an idiot. There's a difference.

I lol'ed.

News Comments > Blizzard on Gold Sales
7. Re: Blizzard on Gold Sales Oct 21, 2011, 22:36 JohnBirshire

Best way to put the gold sellers out of business is by making it a feature of your game.

I am very angry with Blizzard about this. They pretty much lead the charge against in-game items for real money, even going so far as to get Ebay to ban all "intellectual property" sales, even for games that didn't mind *Asheron's Call", or even supported it *Ultima Online*. Then several years later they change their minds and implement it into their games. Just a bunch of hypocrites.

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2011, 14:48 JohnBirshire

I enjoy the CoD games on the 360, I should play them on the PC so I can aim 10 times better. I guess thinking about lag just stays my hand, lag ruins shooters. Anybody play it? How's the latency? I have a halfway decent internet connection that averages 30 mbs, but I'm often at the mercy of the game servers.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium Online in March 2013?
4. Re: Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium Online in March 2013? Oct 13, 2011, 08:24 JohnBirshire

When I saw a trailer for this over a year ago, I almost threw up, it looked like a cartoon. Warhammer 40k is a very dark and gritty universe, and here they are trying to make Lego Warhammer 40k Online.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
22. Unforgettable vs Instantly forgettable Oct 7, 2011, 22:43 JohnBirshire

Congrats id, you made unforgettable games for the PC over the years, and then this new instantly forgettable and unremarkable console game. Keep up the good work in this fantastic new groundbreaking direction!  

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
13. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 15:19 JohnBirshire

Oh, wait, Cryptic is designing this?

Scratch this one off the list.

*and here I was, paying close attention to the Neverwinter setting in R.A. Salvatore's new Drizzt book released last week, for nothing*

News Comments > DC Universe Online Update 5 Live
2. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 4, 2011, 23:23 JohnBirshire

When does this go F2P? I played some of the beta and enjoyed it for a bit, but didn't think it justified a sub.

I agree, had very little content, barely enough to hold you over for a month. As a casual free to play game it will probably work better.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
7. No reviews? Oct 3, 2011, 21:27 JohnBirshire

Hours before retail and not a single review? That's suspicious to me, and usually a very bad sign.

Was planning on buying tomorrow, but I'm going to wait a few days just to be better safe than sorry.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
16. No reviews pre-release? Oct 1, 2011, 19:17 JohnBirshire

I have been really looking forward to this, but no early reviews is making me nervous, doesn't show faith in their product.  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
13. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 17:10 JohnBirshire

This was actually a really stupid move on their part, wasn't there an indie developer on here not too long ago that stated they sold more copies of their game in one week on PC than in 6 months on XBox Live? I know they aren't an indie developer, but still...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 28, 2011, 12:21 JohnBirshire

3D is fantastic when the movie is shot in 3D, and utilizes it throughout the movie. The problem is that the majority of movies just throw in 30 seconds of cheesy post-production 3D effects, and call it a "3D movie". This unfortunately is what many people experience when they see a 3D movie for the first time, and never do so again.

They need to reach some kind of a standard that needs to be met in order to market the movie as 3D, or the over-saturation is going to kill the market.

1097 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo