Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1108 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
86. YOUR NEW ENDING IS HERE!!!! Mar 19, 2012, 21:33 JohnBirshire

You asked for it, Bioware delivered!

Here's your new ending:

Everybody that dies has been brought back to life, using ancient prothean technology, including Shepard. The Reapers have signed a peace treaty, and have agreed to wear pink dresses. Every character you met wins the lottery. Shepard marries Ashley *sorry Liara fans*, and they have 247 children and live happily ever after. The end.

Is everybody's vagina happy now?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 18:39 JohnBirshire

Spoken like someone who hasn't played any of the games.

Actually, I did play all the games. But unlike most of the people that are complaining about how it ended, I don't want to play Mass Effect 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 191, 2,147, 203,474, etc, with it being the same thing over and over again milked for all it's worth.

It was a great trilogy, it was wrapped up, now we move onto the next.

74. The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 18:00 JohnBirshire

When a company milks it forever, people complain. When a company wraps it up, people complain.

Quit whining. Not everything in life ends the way you'd like it to, get over it.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
6. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 14, 2012, 22:50 JohnBirshire

It'll probably be set in the new Forgotten Realms, which is dog crap.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
42. Almost everything wrong... Mar 13, 2012, 22:30 JohnBirshire

They've done almost everything wrong with this game. The graphics are several years behind *grass literally grows as I'm running towards it, and that's with max settings*, the gameplay is "clunky", there is waaaayyy too much running as they felt the need to put in vast expanses of nothing *each containing two or three missions*, casual players struggle profusely with dieing constantly while leveling and quit *if you can't keep the casuals, your game is going to be a small niche at best*, the zones are so segregated you rarely ever see the opposing factions on PvP servers while leveling, the questing is ridiculously monotonous with alts, etc etc etc. After 100's of millions of dollars and years of hype, this game is going to go down as an epic flop.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 22:54.

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
29. Uhhh....no. Mar 12, 2012, 00:23 JohnBirshire

I'd rather play something made by Derek Smart.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
17. Clunky... Mar 7, 2012, 16:09 JohnBirshire

I made it a month and a half, but have slowly stopped playing. The game feels really "clunky" to me, the interface, animations, and combat doesn't seem nearly as smooth as other MMO's, and it's evident every minute that I'm playing it. Little things are also frustrating, like the fact that despite having a great PC and running the game on max settings, grass still literally "grows" in the distance as I'm running towards it. Seriously? The fact that the graphics seem 7 years outdated doesn't help either.

There is also waaaayyy too much running, talking, running, talking, running, talking....just the sheer monotony makes it only playable in spurts for me. I can't help but think "100's of millions of dollars and years of hype...and this is it?"

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
15. About time! Mar 2, 2012, 15:42 JohnBirshire

Someone that actually spends their blood, sweat, and tears making the game actually gets to share some of the dividends?!

Whoa, I think my head just exploded.

I wish Markus was my CEO.

News Comments > Sony Server Closures
7. UO and AC Mar 1, 2012, 15:50 JohnBirshire

I've been struggling with a UO addiction since 97, I have literally "quit the game for good" at least 30 times. I haven't played for over two years, and still feel an almost overwhelming desire to play it. No MMO will even come close, ever again.

Asheron's Call is still going as well.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Yawn... Mar 1, 2012, 05:37 JohnBirshire

Dear Esther...if I wanted to walk around and look at scenery, I'd go outside once in awhile.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June
8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June Feb 27, 2012, 17:30 JohnBirshire

Cry a little harder, please, I can't hear you over the clang of swords.

I think he kind of has a point. This game seems "cleverly disguised" as a free to play game. Any subscription based game can take away the monthly fee, then charge you for every single thing you do and call it free to play. I bet the average person who plays this the same amount of hours as the average subscription game actually ends up paying more money per month.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
55. Anticlimatic... Feb 27, 2012, 17:01 JohnBirshire

I've felt like the game has been very anticlimatic. 100's of millions of dollars, several years of development and hype...and this is it? I think the graphics are poor, even WoW's feel better. Even at max settings grass still "loads" as I'm running towards it in the distance, there is simply no excuse for that nowadays. The game also feels "clunky", not nearly as polished as other MMO's. Space Combat is a 1980's arcade game, might be lucky if one person says something once an hour in general chat, etc etc. It's sad to say because I was hoping this would be something I could play for years, but I think this will end up being a small niche game in the long run.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Start Tomorrow
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Start Tomorrow Feb 15, 2012, 23:56 JohnBirshire

This the one that didn't have any dedicated servers? Or did they change that?  

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
32. Re: Steam Breach Follow-up Feb 11, 2012, 10:59 JohnBirshire

It's simple, don't put anything online that you wouldn't want someone to steal.

CC info? Worthless. Any teenager working in a gas station has access to 100's every single day, it is nothing to get yourself worked up about whatsoever, there is absolutely nothing someone can do with your CC info that could harm you. Notice fraudulent charges, you call your carrier and they reverse them. Simple.

Hackers are never going to be stopped from obtaining it, this shouldn't even make headlines anymore.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cannon Fodder 3
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cannon Fodder 3 Feb 9, 2012, 13:46 JohnBirshire

The new Jagged Alliance is awful, I haven't heard one fan of the originals say anything positive about it whatsoever.

A $26 dollar game that wasn't in development very long at all and that was originally only going to be released in Russia...I'm sure CF3 is terrible as well.

News Comments > Hold Your ME3 Save Games
1. ME4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9....... Feb 4, 2012, 16:03 JohnBirshire

I loved Mass Effect, and have read every Mass Effect novel to date, but I didn't feel like Mass Effect 2 did anything to advance the story whatsoever. I know many people were huge fans of ME2, but after ME1's epic story, ME2's just felt anti-climatic to me. And with this "Hold onto your saved games" message, it is looking like they are going to drag the story out as long as indefinitely possible.  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
19. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 15:12 JohnBirshire

I had a WoW character named Shalebridge and ran around with a pet named Cradle, every once in awhile someone would get the reference and message me about it.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems
15. Huttball, blah... Jan 18, 2012, 23:37 JohnBirshire

Did they add the ability to queue for the battleground you want to do yet?

Got sick and tired of doing Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, something else, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, so stopped queuing. If I wanted to play a sport's game I would be playing something else.

I've been rather confused by some of the "WTF?!" decisions Bioware has made, but still trying to enjoy the game.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
4. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:17 JohnBirshire

Well looks like I won't be playing ME3. I was pissed I even had to get Steam, think it's BS I have to run a bunch of 3rd party programs to play games nowadays. Guess I'm sticking to MMO's.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
1. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 27, 2011, 12:58 JohnBirshire

This info is completely irrelevant.

1108 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo