Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1076 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Start Tomorrow
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Start Tomorrow Feb 15, 2012, 23:56 JohnBirshire

This the one that didn't have any dedicated servers? Or did they change that?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
32. Re: Steam Breach Follow-up Feb 11, 2012, 10:59 JohnBirshire

It's simple, don't put anything online that you wouldn't want someone to steal.

CC info? Worthless. Any teenager working in a gas station has access to 100's every single day, it is nothing to get yourself worked up about whatsoever, there is absolutely nothing someone can do with your CC info that could harm you. Notice fraudulent charges, you call your carrier and they reverse them. Simple.

Hackers are never going to be stopped from obtaining it, this shouldn't even make headlines anymore.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cannon Fodder 3
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cannon Fodder 3 Feb 9, 2012, 13:46 JohnBirshire

The new Jagged Alliance is awful, I haven't heard one fan of the originals say anything positive about it whatsoever.

A $26 dollar game that wasn't in development very long at all and that was originally only going to be released in Russia...I'm sure CF3 is terrible as well.

News Comments > Hold Your ME3 Save Games
1. ME4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9....... Feb 4, 2012, 16:03 JohnBirshire

I loved Mass Effect, and have read every Mass Effect novel to date, but I didn't feel like Mass Effect 2 did anything to advance the story whatsoever. I know many people were huge fans of ME2, but after ME1's epic story, ME2's just felt anti-climatic to me. And with this "Hold onto your saved games" message, it is looking like they are going to drag the story out as long as indefinitely possible.  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
19. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 15:12 JohnBirshire

I had a WoW character named Shalebridge and ran around with a pet named Cradle, every once in awhile someone would get the reference and message me about it.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems
15. Huttball, blah... Jan 18, 2012, 23:37 JohnBirshire

Did they add the ability to queue for the battleground you want to do yet?

Got sick and tired of doing Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, something else, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, so stopped queuing. If I wanted to play a sport's game I would be playing something else.

I've been rather confused by some of the "WTF?!" decisions Bioware has made, but still trying to enjoy the game.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
4. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:17 JohnBirshire

Well looks like I won't be playing ME3. I was pissed I even had to get Steam, think it's BS I have to run a bunch of 3rd party programs to play games nowadays. Guess I'm sticking to MMO's.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
1. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 27, 2011, 12:58 JohnBirshire

This info is completely irrelevant.

News Comments > Xmas Tech Bits
3. Re: Xmas Tech Bits Dec 26, 2011, 13:09 JohnBirshire

I think he is extremely overrated. Phones with touch screens? Thin computers you can carry around? This stuff was obvious, not like he miraculously imagined something nobody ever even remotely thought of before. It would have been made whether he existed or not. Then he gives one phone carrier a monopoly over the product, screwing everyone that didn't want to do business with that company, then threw a tantrum fit when other companies developed their own devices to compete...what the hell did you think would happen. Then to top it off, he could have had a chance at saving his own life but decided not to. Was a jerk to everybody? Never gave to charity? Denied having a daughter stating he couldn't get it up? Jobs is one of the most overrated douchebags of all time.  

News Comments > The Lure of the Dark Side
2. Re: The Lure of the Dark Side Dec 24, 2011, 11:40 JohnBirshire

Fion wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 11:15:
550'000 Sith Warriors to 510'00 Jedi Knights seems pretty balanced to me. The PvP (from what I've experienced) is pretty balanced as well. I play Republic side and win about half our matches. It's more than I can say for that other MMOG that has yet to find balance in almost 7 years.

Well, unfortunately that might change in the future. Having played almost every PvP related MMO over the last 15 years, I've noticed a phenomenon. It's called "join the winning team", and it might be human nature. Once one side starts winning more than the other, even if it's 51/49, people who want to win start switching to the winning side. Then it becomes 52/48, 60/40, 65/35, until it's unbalanced. You see the phenomenon outside of gaming too, with people suddenly being "huge fans" of whichever sport's team is good that year, etc. Might be premature to call the PvP in this game "balanced".

The most balanced PvP games I've seen were ones where there were more than two factions, as then the weaker factions team up to defeat the strongest. Planetside with three sides, Dark Age of Camelot with three sides, etc. In my opinion if there are only two sides, Horde/Alliance, Sith/Jedi, it will NEVER be balanced.

News Comments > Trion Breached
7. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 11:56 JohnBirshire

When someone steals your credit card information and racks up charges, a quick phone call and they are reversed.

Credit card info is not safe, at all. The 16 year old at the gas station has access to 100's of #'s everyday.

Keeping your SS# and your bank account information safe is important, credit card info is irrelevant.

News Comments > New World of Tanks Record
3. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 12:42 JohnBirshire

There's a tank, hiding in the bushes!

I played this game for 5 minutes.

News Comments > New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM
1. Re: New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM Dec 3, 2011, 13:56 JohnBirshire

Bah, this bothers my OCD. I can't stand when things are backwards or out of order. Jelly and peanut butter, chains and whips, jerry and tom, clyde and bonnie, yang and yin, gravy and bisquits, kaboodle and kit, cream and cookies, juliet and romeo, dale and chip, pepper and salt, etc, etc.

It's Rock, Paper, Scissors you jerkoffs.

News Comments > Bad Day at Day 1?
3. Re: Bad Day at Day 1? Dec 3, 2011, 13:45 JohnBirshire

Gaming is my #1 hobby, but I would never even contemplate working in this industry, it is one of the most volatile you could ever be in. Constant turnover, moving around the country for work every couple years, long work weeks fighting to be paid for your overtime, lack of work/life balance, the list goes on. I will stick to playing them, while thanking those that make them, because I sure as hell couldn't do it.  

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
14. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 16:46 JohnBirshire

$2.50 Okay, if I play it 30 minutes that's the entertainment value of a movie ticket.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Casting Call
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Casting Call Nov 30, 2011, 03:33 JohnBirshire

Is this the Borderlands that has more than 3 enemies recycled over and over again throughout the entire game?  

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
27. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 23:32 JohnBirshire

I don't know why they keep saying "If your rig is up to the game". If it can run on the XBox 360, it should run on your computer if you've upgraded it in the last 10 years.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Nov 8, 2011, 21:43 JohnBirshire

Too many people complaining about the single player. If you ever thought these games had anything to do with single player whatsoever, you rode on the short bus as a kid. This game has about as much to do with single player as World of Warcraft, haha.

Played MW and MW2 single player for about 5-6 hours. Played them online for 100's.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank with their $1+ billion in sales.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews<br> The reviews are rolling in for <b>Call of Duty: Moder Nov 8, 2011, 11:11 JohnBirshire

I'm gonna wait till this is on sale.

You will be waiting a long time, they aren't any cheaper for years.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 15:21 JohnBirshire

OMFG Jag fanboi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kidding*

1076 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo