Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
1. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 6, 2012, 21:36 JohnBirshire

No mention of interface changes yet?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2012, 18:46 JohnBirshire

I can't help but think "What have they been doing the last 10 years?", because seriously....this is it?!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2012, 16:10 JohnBirshire

Nothing about the minimap? Sigh, looks like that huge intrusive ugly thing is here for the long haul.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews May 26, 2012, 04:14 JohnBirshire

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:49:
Rockstar burst onto the gaming scene with their own title, Max Payne, which relied heavily on bullettime mechanics. The game was so good, it turned 'Max Payne' into a household name
Uh, huh.

Edit: This just gets better and better.
Max is a sad, lonely man who carries a blatant world-weariness, which makes him a rather convincing central character (way more convincing than in earlier games, that's for sure).

I don't get it. Neither of those comments really seem that far fetched.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
25. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 03:12 JohnBirshire

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 25, 2012, 02:53:
No, you don't understand. You're asking him to act rationally, but he may not be able to do that, as the minimap has already driven him literally insane.

It DOES. If it was any larger it would take up 1/4 of the screen, drives me batshit crazy. There are countless posts on the official forums about it, I'm not the only nutcase out there. It needs to have a resize option, plain and simple. You know, like EVERY other game out there. Well, except for console games. Ugh, now even PC/Mac exclusives have consolitis, great!

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
21. Did they announce any minimap changes yet? May 25, 2012, 02:07 JohnBirshire

I'm afraid to read the patch notes because they said it contained spoilers, but I was curious as to whether they added any changes to the minimap. It is so large it drives me literally insane, was actually thinking about quiting and only coming back if they resized it or gave us the ability to do this ourselves.  

1. Re: Game Reviews May 22, 2012, 20:00 JohnBirshire

I wish D3 would give us the ability to control the size of the minimap, it is atrociously large and completely unnessessary. I can't stop staring at it while I play, drives me insane.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Facebook stock SHOULD struggle... May 22, 2012, 19:56 JohnBirshire

All of these social media sites, no matter how popular, are fads. Facebook will inevitably be the next Myspace. Waste of investment money.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
83. I wish someone would hack the minimap... May 21, 2012, 16:17 JohnBirshire

The minimap is so atrociously large, I almost quit playing. Can't believe it got through beta at it's current size. It is atrociously large, and with no option to change it's size it is currently 4 times bigger than any other game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
17. Interface editor? May 15, 2012, 22:28 JohnBirshire

Is there anyway to change the size of the interface? I swear it takes up half the screen. It's driving my OCD nuts, given the fact that I scaled the interface down to about 20% in every other game I play. There is no reason why buttons you can see perfectly fine at a fraction of their size have to be so big. And that minimap, ugh!  

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
2. Pfffftttt!!! May 15, 2012, 20:53 JohnBirshire

They are idiots, refuse to merge servers to the point people are rerolling and/or quiting for lack of anything else to do. Then simultaneously spend all their time and effort trying to attract new players while kicking their current PAYING subscribers in the teeth. You can keep Bioware, I'm done with them.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support?
13. Re: BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support? May 10, 2012, 04:21 JohnBirshire

InBlack wrote on May 10, 2012, 03:17:
....but I swear that game mechanic just sucks major balls.

I agree, it makes no sense whatsoever. If you can resurrect yourself when you die...why couldn't everyone else in the game world?

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support?
2. Re: BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support? May 9, 2012, 22:47 JohnBirshire

Does anybody play Bioshock 2 multiplayer for the PC? Or are all the servers dead?  

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
35. Their refusal so far to merge servers is killing them... May 8, 2012, 02:30 JohnBirshire

At level 50 it is almost impossible to find raid groups, and when you PvP queue you are seeing the same people in almost every Warzone. It's almost as if they won't server merge because they are afraid about what non-subscribers are going to say about the game. I think this game is on a short leash, they need to wise up quickly or they'll just be another small niche MMO at best.

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
40. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:07 JohnBirshire

^Drag0n^ wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:03:
Diablo III...meh.

Torchlight2 FTW.

All I noticed is that they rushed to release it before Diablo 3...maybe they weren't as confident in their game as you are.

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
35. The Koreans will kill the market... May 2, 2012, 00:29 JohnBirshire

I remember when UO gold sold for $15 per mill, the Koreans started farming, and bam it was 50 cents. The same will happen to Diablo 3, they will be playing 24 hours a day in factories and everyone else will be lucky to get tablescraps for hard earned items.  

News Comments > Mike Hayes Leaving SEGA
9. Wait....what? Apr 30, 2012, 21:04 JohnBirshire

Sega still exists?!  

8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 29, 2012, 02:01 JohnBirshire

Jaguar's reviews are usually spot on, and I agree with him.

The combat is important. If I just wanted a good story, I'd read a book. If I only needed visuals, I'd watch TV or a movie. The entire package has to be adequate, you can't have one important aspect of your game simply fail.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Forgotten Realms... Apr 27, 2012, 02:12 JohnBirshire

Has to have something to do with his time, after they neutered the franchise.  

News Comments > Space Quest Creators Plan New Adventure
21. Re: Space Quest Creators Plan New Adventure Apr 16, 2012, 04:08 JohnBirshire

I have fond memories of a lot of the adventure games I played when I was younger, and went back and played a few for the sake of nostalgia...just to be reminded how absurd and frustrating many of them actually are. Constantly getting stuck because the way to continue makes no sense whatsoever. "Ohhh!! I was supposed to chew bubblegum while blowing up a balloon before spraying water on it to create an extra dimensional portal to teleport me over this wall, okay that makes sense!" Spent half the playing time on my Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry, and Space Quest games I replayed simply alt-tabbing back and forward to check the walkthrough.  

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo