Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts
14. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 JohnBirshire

Every society has it's heaven/hell concept.

Uhh...not quite. The concept is actually extremely foreign in many societies.

But yeah, I thought it was an odd line as well, since religion itself is a seldom occurring concept in the Star Wars canon, other than the force. *which is ironically not really worshiped or even discussed much outside of Jedi/Sith circles*

I was happy with a lot of the changes, finally being able to scale down my interface was great, the ability to make your gear match is nice, I get into PvP battlegrounds instantly everytime I queue as Imperial now, and a free month was cool. *although my father who plays every single class and has characters in their 40's and the highest Legacy level was pissed*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August
15. Re: PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August Apr 11, 2012, 17:54 JohnBirshire

Just what I want as a PC Gamer, to be able to play console games a year after they come out.  

News Comments > 2012 World of Warcraft Arena Pass Registration
1. Re: 2012 World of Warcraft Arena Pass Registration Apr 11, 2012, 17:53 JohnBirshire

Just what every hardcore PvPer wants, an exclusive pet. *sarcasm*

I was always disappointed that they didn't have a 1 vs 1 arena, dueling didn't work nearly as well as you had to wait for your cooldowns or agree not to use them.

News Comments > etc, etc.
21. Re: etc, etc. Apr 10, 2012, 16:15 JohnBirshire

I'm not over exaggerating, I used to buy roughly 10 times as many PC games as I do now. Because I knew if I didn't like it, I could throw it on Ebay and get almost all of my money back. Or, if I knew it was only good for 5-10 hours of gameplay, I could buy it without regret. However since most games now require key activation, I am simply unable to sell, so am far more picky about what I buy. As far as my dollars are concerned, trying to kill the used market for PC games has cost them 90% of the money I was giving them.  

News Comments > etc, etc.
16. Re: etc, etc. Apr 10, 2012, 07:10 JohnBirshire

It is, it's (arguably) worse. If someone goes into LameStop and buys a used copy for $50 instead of a new copy for $60. That's a ready and willing customer that, in effect, chooses to get the game without giving any benefit to the developer.

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard, people who make it are idiots. The only thing people don't buy and sell used are condoms and toilet paper. If you want to put video games in the same category as them, go right ahead. However, arguing that I can't sell something I bought because the developers would make more money if I didn't is asinine. I guess I should burn my house down and have the builder make me a new one instead of selling, trash my used car and only buy new, etc etc etc. Ridiculous and absurd.

News Comments > "No Plans" for Max Payne 3 Demo
8. Re: "No Plans" for Max Payne 3 Demo Apr 9, 2012, 23:00 JohnBirshire

I had a computer programming class in High School where all we did was plan GTA2 over the LAN everyday.  

News Comments > Steam to 10
16. Re: Steam to 10 Apr 9, 2012, 06:27 JohnBirshire

Are you serious!? wow. Apparently you have never played one of these games before....or maybe you aren't playing a style that fits you. There are so many different ways to play the game....if you think the gameplay is boring......you have issues.

Nah, he's right. I got bored after 200 hours. Oh, wait....

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 16:56 JohnBirshire

When the game came out I joined a heavy population PvP server. Now it's light at almost all times, and at level 47 I have only seen ONE enemy faction member. PvP server? Seriously?! They did so many things wrong with this game.  

News Comments > 2012 World of Warcraft Arena Pass Nears
1. Re: 2012 World of Warcraft Arena Pass Nears Apr 3, 2012, 20:56 JohnBirshire

I always wished WoW had a 1 vs 1 arena. Dueling just doesn't work as well, since you blow your cooldowns and have to wait ten minutes.  

News Comments > Free-to-Play AION Soars in EU
12. Re: Free-to-Play AION Soars in EU Apr 3, 2012, 16:58 JohnBirshire

Dev wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 13:37:
I'd expect number of players and accounts to shoot up when a game goes free. Hardly worth an announcement IMHO

What they don't say is if they are getting increased income or not.

EXACTLY. Everyone hops on the bandwagon saying "OMG the playerbase increased dramatically!" It's FREE. I bet if Mercedes started giving away their vehicles for free, 1000 times as many people would drive them too. It's irrelevant. What matters is revenue, period.

News Comments > TAKEDOWN Kickstarter Funded
15. Eh? Apr 3, 2012, 01:05 JohnBirshire

*posted on wrong news*  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Mar 31, 2012, 06:26 JohnBirshire

I am extremely excited about this, Planetside was the most underrated MMO ever released, I think it was just ahead of it's time. *1,000s of players at once when some people still had dial-up connections*  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
14. *relieved* Mar 29, 2012, 23:07 JohnBirshire

I'm actually very relieved to see their MMO fail, and I'm a huge MMO player and half obsessed with 40k. 40k is one of the darkest grittiest settings imaginable...and they were making a strawberry candlyland carebear version of it. Good riddance!  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
7. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 16:21 JohnBirshire

I have completely stopped watching movie trailers, or paying any attention whatsoever to games in development. Movie trailers are often loaded with spoilers, or show you every cool part for action movies, or every funny part for comedies. Video games hype themselves then fail to deliver on half the promises. I just wait until the game comes out, check the reviews, then decide whether to buy it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Q&A
2. Re: Diablo III Q&A Mar 27, 2012, 05:03 JohnBirshire

No world PvP? Interesting.

Will you be able to respec in Diablo 3? Or are you going to have to start your character all over again when you misclick and make a mistake at level 97?

News Comments > Stardock 2011 Customer Report
17. Re: Stardock 2011 Customer Report Mar 22, 2012, 02:02 JohnBirshire

I really wish that kid from A Christmas Story would take his picture out from underneath his name, nobody wants to see some nerdy looking ugly dork everytime they come to bluesnews.

News Comments > Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic
44. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 21, 2012, 02:30 JohnBirshire

WoW was the most successful game of all time, and it might take decades to top it's revenue. Seeing as how Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, and several other decade plus old games are still alive, people will still be playing WoW 25 years from now. Every game that was supposed to kill it hasn't come close.

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
86. YOUR NEW ENDING IS HERE!!!! Mar 19, 2012, 21:33 JohnBirshire

You asked for it, Bioware delivered!

Here's your new ending:

Everybody that dies has been brought back to life, using ancient prothean technology, including Shepard. The Reapers have signed a peace treaty, and have agreed to wear pink dresses. Every character you met wins the lottery. Shepard marries Ashley *sorry Liara fans*, and they have 247 children and live happily ever after. The end.

Is everybody's vagina happy now?!

79. Re: The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 18:39 JohnBirshire

Spoken like someone who hasn't played any of the games.

Actually, I did play all the games. But unlike most of the people that are complaining about how it ended, I don't want to play Mass Effect 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 191, 2,147, 203,474, etc, with it being the same thing over and over again milked for all it's worth.

It was a great trilogy, it was wrapped up, now we move onto the next.

74. The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 18:00 JohnBirshire

When a company milks it forever, people complain. When a company wraps it up, people complain.

Quit whining. Not everything in life ends the way you'd like it to, get over it.

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo