Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1096 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jul 25, 2012, 02:20 JohnBirshire

JaguarUSF wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 19:24:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 16:51:
Thanks Mr. Allen, Salvation Prophecy looks like something I'll pick up when I'm finished with SPAZ.

Good deal. SPAZ never clicked with me for some reason. I have been enjoying Drox Operative, however.

SPAZ is a lot more interesting once you are about 10 hours in. Your access to a greater number of weapon technology options and harder enemies make the battles a lot more strategic in nature. Before then, it's pretty much "fly straight towards your enemies with gun's blazing" and you'll win almost every fight.

I'll check out Drox when it's completed, thanks for head's up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2012, 22:03 JohnBirshire

There are 100's of millions of people living in the world with no access to technology. This is news, how? Do people literally think everyone in the world lives like we do?  

1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 23, 2012, 16:51 JohnBirshire

Thanks Mr. Allen, Salvation Prophecy looks like something I'll pick up when I'm finished with SPAZ.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Last day? Jul 22, 2012, 17:13 JohnBirshire

I was reading that the last day of the sale was supposedly the biggest? When I logged on today it didn't seem like it was any larger than any other day of the sale, so I'm confused. Is there going to be a grand finale or something of that nature?  

News Comments > RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts
5. Re: RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts Jul 19, 2012, 17:33 JohnBirshire

"if you prefer clarity over excess"

Haha, I lol'ed, because its so true.

News Comments > Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film
13. Re: Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film Jul 18, 2012, 23:08 JohnBirshire

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:12:
Illumin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:11:
Should of made this movie about 4 years ago.

Agreed. That ship has sailed.

That ship is chilling with Noah's Ark by now, it's WAAAYYY too late for a WoW movie.

News Comments > World War Z Game TMs
7. Loved it... Jul 18, 2012, 23:00 JohnBirshire

World War Z was only the second zombie book I read, I Am Legend being the first, but I absolutely loved it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they would turn it into a movie though with a star like Brad Pitt, since there wasn't really a main character in the book, just a bunch of random events throughout the world focusing on different people and places. So it doesn't surprise me whatsoever that they are aren't being faithful to the book with the movie. As for the game, who cares. The majority of games based on movies that come out at the same time are hastily put together crapfests, with very few exceptions.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
5. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 17, 2012, 23:17 JohnBirshire

I didn't care about Torchlight, as I was busy awaiting Diablo 3, but after being ultimately disappointed by it I think I'll give Torchlight a shot.  

2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 13, 2012, 16:54 JohnBirshire

They need to simply stop making these "Gratuitous" games and go with something else. They have a reputation for mediocrity that will be all but impossible to overcome. Wipe the slate and start over.  

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
39. Gimmick... Jul 12, 2012, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Ultima 6, 7, Underworld 2, and UO are all in my top 10 favorite games of all time. *With the first Elder Scrolls, Syndicate, Privateer, Monkey Island, and a few others rounding out the list* I'm also halfway through a replay of Ultima 3 Exodus as we speak. However, being a hardcore Ultima fan, I could care less about this new one. In my opinion it isn't even an Ultima game, just another gimmick with the name Ultima slapped on it like that online strategy game from a few years ago. I can't complain though, even if one person plays it and likes it enough to try some of the REAL classic Ultima's, then I'm happy.  

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
5. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 03:45 JohnBirshire

Markus71 wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 03:43:
Are we playing the same game? In my opinion TSW has by far the best quests i ever experienced in a MMO and the combat is pure fun. I've played with guns and shotguns, but also with swords, hammer and blood-magic... that's TSW... you can try whatever you want and you can be whoever you want to be. TSW is the first new MMO that isn't a clone of WoW, it's fresh and new, so give it a try... i think you'll not regret it.

You almost convinced me, then I realized you are an employee of Funcom.

News Comments > Project Copernicus Trailer
6. Re: Project Copernicus Trailer Jul 9, 2012, 22:58 JohnBirshire

They should have stuck to Copernicus and never bothered with Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning. Which, by the way, is an atrocious name. Even if it was the best game ever made, it wouldn't have broken even.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
30. Magic find, blah. Jul 4, 2012, 18:00 JohnBirshire

The whole "gear that boosts chances of finding gear" mechanic is garbage and should be trashed. The entire endgame is based on acquiring items, you shouldn't have to feel obligated to set aside other stats so you can max item find stats. Its asinine, ten, and eleven. Completely unnessessary.  

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
13. Story driven, blah. Jul 3, 2012, 01:06 JohnBirshire

Unfortunately it has at least one glaring fault: it's almost entirely story driven

Yeah, that right there is reason for me not to even bother. My favorite MMO's of all time, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call *Darktide*, and Planetside, had very little, if anything, to do with story. I read books, see movies, etc for stories, I play MMO's to interact with other players. Usually in negative fashion, hence my three favorite MMO's. :-)

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
3. Yeah that's cool, but... Jun 30, 2012, 19:39 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch where they fix the minimap?  

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
22. Yes!!!! Jun 26, 2012, 01:33 JohnBirshire

A new contender in the high stakes, highly competitive, highly profitable online card game market! If all goes as plan they will corner 50% of the market, or 16 people to be exact, within the first year of launch!  

News Comments > GOG.com's Battle of the Games
3. Re: GOG.com's Battle of the Games Jun 19, 2012, 02:05 JohnBirshire

I love GOG, I buy games I have no interest in even playing, because they are inexpensive and I think it pays homage to the classics.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
2. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 16, 2012, 14:47 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch that fixes the minimap by either making it fully transparent *instead of like 90%*, or gives us the ability to change the size?  

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
1. Great... Jun 14, 2012, 21:22 JohnBirshire

So they can afford to put in minimap customizaton now!  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
48. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 17:24 JohnBirshire

jomisab wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 17:04:
Don't even notice it unless I'm looking at it, which is actually quite often since I can navigate back through a cleared dungeon looking only at the mini-map. So really, it's the perfect size IMO.

I can navigate back through a cleared dungeon looking only at the mini-map, even if it was 20% of its current size. Again, just because it works for YOU, isn't a valid argument. WASD doesn't work for me so I change it, just like I should be able to change the minimap. This isn't 1990, and this isn't a console game.

1096 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo