Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 13, 2012, 16:54 JohnBirshire

They need to simply stop making these "Gratuitous" games and go with something else. They have a reputation for mediocrity that will be all but impossible to overcome. Wipe the slate and start over.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
39. Gimmick... Jul 12, 2012, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Ultima 6, 7, Underworld 2, and UO are all in my top 10 favorite games of all time. *With the first Elder Scrolls, Syndicate, Privateer, Monkey Island, and a few others rounding out the list* I'm also halfway through a replay of Ultima 3 Exodus as we speak. However, being a hardcore Ultima fan, I could care less about this new one. In my opinion it isn't even an Ultima game, just another gimmick with the name Ultima slapped on it like that online strategy game from a few years ago. I can't complain though, even if one person plays it and likes it enough to try some of the REAL classic Ultima's, then I'm happy.  

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
5. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 03:45 JohnBirshire

Markus71 wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 03:43:
Are we playing the same game? In my opinion TSW has by far the best quests i ever experienced in a MMO and the combat is pure fun. I've played with guns and shotguns, but also with swords, hammer and blood-magic... that's TSW... you can try whatever you want and you can be whoever you want to be. TSW is the first new MMO that isn't a clone of WoW, it's fresh and new, so give it a try... i think you'll not regret it.

You almost convinced me, then I realized you are an employee of Funcom.

News Comments > Project Copernicus Trailer
6. Re: Project Copernicus Trailer Jul 9, 2012, 22:58 JohnBirshire

They should have stuck to Copernicus and never bothered with Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning. Which, by the way, is an atrocious name. Even if it was the best game ever made, it wouldn't have broken even.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
30. Magic find, blah. Jul 4, 2012, 18:00 JohnBirshire

The whole "gear that boosts chances of finding gear" mechanic is garbage and should be trashed. The entire endgame is based on acquiring items, you shouldn't have to feel obligated to set aside other stats so you can max item find stats. Its asinine, ten, and eleven. Completely unnessessary.  

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
13. Story driven, blah. Jul 3, 2012, 01:06 JohnBirshire

Unfortunately it has at least one glaring fault: it's almost entirely story driven

Yeah, that right there is reason for me not to even bother. My favorite MMO's of all time, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call *Darktide*, and Planetside, had very little, if anything, to do with story. I read books, see movies, etc for stories, I play MMO's to interact with other players. Usually in negative fashion, hence my three favorite MMO's. :-)

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
3. Yeah that's cool, but... Jun 30, 2012, 19:39 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch where they fix the minimap?  

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
22. Yes!!!! Jun 26, 2012, 01:33 JohnBirshire

A new contender in the high stakes, highly competitive, highly profitable online card game market! If all goes as plan they will corner 50% of the market, or 16 people to be exact, within the first year of launch!  

News Comments > GOG.com's Battle of the Games
3. Re: GOG.com's Battle of the Games Jun 19, 2012, 02:05 JohnBirshire

I love GOG, I buy games I have no interest in even playing, because they are inexpensive and I think it pays homage to the classics.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
2. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 16, 2012, 14:47 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch that fixes the minimap by either making it fully transparent *instead of like 90%*, or gives us the ability to change the size?  

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
1. Great... Jun 14, 2012, 21:22 JohnBirshire

So they can afford to put in minimap customizaton now!  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
48. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 17:24 JohnBirshire

jomisab wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 17:04:
Don't even notice it unless I'm looking at it, which is actually quite often since I can navigate back through a cleared dungeon looking only at the mini-map. So really, it's the perfect size IMO.

I can navigate back through a cleared dungeon looking only at the mini-map, even if it was 20% of its current size. Again, just because it works for YOU, isn't a valid argument. WASD doesn't work for me so I change it, just like I should be able to change the minimap. This isn't 1990, and this isn't a console game.

46. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 16:38 JohnBirshire

It's so ironic that the minimap takes up the exact same percentage of your screen no matter WHAT resolution you are in, yet it's 90% of these idiots argument against people who want interface customization. I might be batshit insane, but at least I'm not a fucking moron. *I should save that quote*  

42. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 16:18 JohnBirshire

Yeah, I'm crazy, I've got issues, can't help it. I'm batshit insane. The minimap makes me want to gurgle lava, get gingivitis, and stick herpes swabs to my eyes. Please tell Blizzard to give us the ability to modify the minimap, then message me when they do. Before something bad happens. And so I can enjoy the game. Thank you!  

32. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 15:07 JohnBirshire

I dunno, it seems like the perfect size to me, but I'm all for customization.

See, that's just it, thank you for actually having an open mind. Just because something "works for you", doesn't mean you have to be bias and attack someone who suggests an alternative. All we, and I say "we" because there are 1000's of posts on forums about it, want is for the ability to scale the size of some of the interface. You know, like in so many other games. That's it. But instead, we have fanbois or people who are okay with the minimap size flaming us all day long. If you use default movement keys, and the game doesn't let you change them, would you flame people for asking to? No? Then shut up, because it's the same damn thing.

27. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 14:54 JohnBirshire

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:37:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:29:
Minimap no longer big, ugly, and invasive.

kthx

? I don't even notice it on a 23 inch WS.....you running a 17 inch CRT?

Resolution has nothing to do with the size of the minimap, it scales accordingly. Nice try though.

22. Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 14:29 JohnBirshire

Minimap no longer big, ugly, and invasive.

kthx

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 13, 2012, 03:22 JohnBirshire

But that is a good thing, isn't it? I understand you're being sarcastic but I'm not understanding why. Why not transfer all your characters off the, as you called it, barren server to the more populated one? At the moment, the transfer is free for all of your characters on the low-pop server to the high-pop and near instant.

Are you really this naive, or do you work for Bioware and are therefore trying to defend their actions?

They need to merge servers, plain and simple. Allowing people to leave low population ones and go to higher population ones does not solve anything, it just makes the problem worse. Now you're left with even MORE low population servers than before. Get it yet?!

11. Re: Wrong solution... Jun 13, 2012, 01:08 JohnBirshire

Not following you here. Doesn't look like that's what their doing. For instance I see transfers from servers to The Fatman which is their highest pop server. And for RPPVP it's split by coast, and all transfers from low-pop to the highest pop coastal RPPVP servers (i.e. Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma).

So they are making low population servers even more barren, and filling up the few servers that actually have a healthy population with even more players? Ahh I get it, nevermind then, fantastic solution! Carry on!

9. Wrong solution... Jun 13, 2012, 00:58 JohnBirshire

I quit playing because of how out of touch Bioware was with their playerbase, and this just justifies it. Server imbalance is destroying end game content, and countless people have quit because of it. Nothing like there not being enough people on to even get into a PvP match, or complete a raid. So your solution, after letting this go on for months, is to give players the ability to transfer OFF a high population server and go to a low one?! Who in the hell, in their right mind, would do that?!?! Worst. Solution. Ever.

Merge servers, idiots. Your game is dying.

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo