Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
37. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 3, 2012, 00:24 JohnBirshire

This is the first MMO that came out in the last 5 years that I played for longer than 3 weeks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castle Crashers
1. No sarcasm here... Sep 26, 2012, 23:12 JohnBirshire

Woohoo! I love getting to play stuff that was available for $5 on XBox several years ago. Thanks guys!  

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2's Business Model
7. Better come up with something quick... Sep 22, 2012, 00:17 JohnBirshire

I loved Planetside, was a lot of fun, so I am really looking forward to Planetside 2. I've also played MMO's the last 15+ years, even back in the old school days when you had to pay by the hour to play. I've never had a problem paying a subscription fee, as long as the game was worth playing. To me, it seems like most of the F2P games aren't worth paying for...hence F2P. That all being said, I really don't understand how they are going to market Planetside 2 as a F2P game. Cosmetics? I just don't see enough people paying that much money for tank decals and different colored sets of armor. Sure they'll have income, but certainly not enough to bankroll their entire operation. Convenience? Sounds like the only way to really make money off of convenience is to make NOT paying inconvenient, such as a long boring grind that will turn a lot of people off. So far their economics aren't making much sense, they better come up with something tangible quickly, or their F2P decision is going to go nowhere fast.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 11:52 JohnBirshire

I might still be playing this if they did this 5 months ago. Too little too late.

For what it's worth, will be playing Guild Wars 2 until Planetside 2 comes out.

News Comments > Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced
3. Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced Sep 19, 2012, 11:50 JohnBirshire

This game ruined itself by having no skill cap, while simultaneously having so many macro'ers. There is simply no way you could possibly catch up with anybody as a new player, you will forever suck no matter how much time and effort you put into it. You could start playing today, macro 24 hours a day 365 days a year for 3 years, and still get your ass kicked all day long by all the people that started doing that exact same thing 2 years ago.  

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control
17. Congrats, finally realized the obvious. Sep 18, 2012, 05:24 JohnBirshire

Gratuitous Space Battles! *that you have no control over* Stupidest game idea ever. Took you long enough.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 15, 2012, 18:45 JohnBirshire

Bordlerands was one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Gameplay was ridiculously repetitive, you spend the entire game doing the same thing you do in the first five minutes. There were literally only three enemies that you fought over and over and over again the entire game. The environment was drab and boring, there was no creativity whatsoever in designing anything you discover. And the bazillions of weapons were just randomized variations of themselves, see one you've seen them all. Story? Pfffttt, terrible. Also the most anti-climatic ending of all time. I have nooooo idea what all the fanfare was about. Yes you can play it with friends, which I did from start to finish, but we were both bored to tears the majority of the game.  

News Comments > WoW Screenshot Watermarks?
15. Re: WoW Screenshot Watermarks? Sep 11, 2012, 17:35 JohnBirshire

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 13:38:
Good way for them to smoke out private servers... Pretty sneaky shit.

Which is ironic, because they do absolutely nothing to close private servers. The only one I've ever seen closed was Wowscape, and that was only after they discovered the owner was making $500,000 a month off of "donations". But others, like Moltenwow, who make just as much if not more money, have been up for years.

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 5, 2012, 16:11 JohnBirshire

I really don't understand the reason for all the hacking, the game has been out two weeks, there really isn't much to steal from characters.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 03:13 JohnBirshire

I was hoping it was xXBatmanXx, but maybe next time.  

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
27. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 21:40 JohnBirshire

I have a ton of female gamers who visit my store.

I hope you sell more than video games there, because retail game stores aren't going to exist in about five years. Many PC games, and now the next generation of consoles, are all going to be download only.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
15. The REAL reason they closed the forums... Sep 2, 2012, 16:35 JohnBirshire

Is because the majority of the posts were becoming overwhelmingly negative, and they are trying to control their image for as long as possible.  

6. Haha, irony! Aug 31, 2012, 00:44 JohnBirshire

I kind of got a kick out of the reviewer for Ars Technica stating MMO's were a grind UNTIL World of Warcraft came out, hahaha.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
38. Re: Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 05:13 JohnBirshire

That's not really true. Bethesda released The Shivering Isles expansion in response to the crappy micro-DLC they released before. The Fallout 3 DLC was also relatively substantial and some of it was actually pretty good (Broken Steel, The Pitt and Point Lookout specifically). Hearthfire is a significant departure from the trend set by Fallout 3.

I wasn't arguing that Oblivion never had any good expansions, of course not. I was arguing that after releasing a magnificently successful game, they shouldn't immediately follow it up with lackluster content. This unfortunately just makes people quickly lose interest in DLC for the game, and move on. I think they should have waited and let their first post-release content be something far more significant.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
35. Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 00:25 JohnBirshire

These add-ons have been completely unimaginative, and are a complete waste of potential. Did they outsource this?!

Apparently absolutely nothing was learned after "horse armor".

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
30. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 23:48 JohnBirshire

I tried to get into Torchlight, but it just felt too "cartoony" for me.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:52 JohnBirshire

The movie was decent, better than the first. I was just extremely let down by the Stallone vs Van Damme fight at the end, it was very anticlimatic when it should have been epic, they did a terrible job with it by using little to no imagination.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:23 JohnBirshire

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:10:
I'll wait for the GOTY edition...

Haha, no joke, all these games that weren't even close to being GOTY coming out with GOTY editions. Cough, Borderlands, cough.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
24. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 20, 2012, 02:38 JohnBirshire

Diablo 3 is garbage. The only people who aren't willing to admit it are people who loved Diablo 1 and 2, therefore waited forever for Diablo 3, and now simply can't psychologically accept how awful it is, their brains live in denial.  

News Comments > Rhode Island & Mellon Bank Taking Possession of 38 Studios
2. Master Plan interrupted... Aug 10, 2012, 11:49 JohnBirshire

The trustee wanted to sell the computers individually, including the intellectual property they contained, but was stopped by this judgement.

Doh!

I was going to sneak in and buy them all!

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo